New Player Event

On 6/25/2023 at 6:00 AM, GaryD20 said:

PbP is a great way to break into GMing. The slower pace provides for a more relaxed environment than a live game does, which allows time to look up rules, consider responses and make decisions without the pressure of immediate improvisation. Give it a shot. You'll do better than you give yourself credit for.

It’s going to happen, but I still need to get more familiar with this website. But i agree the PbP is going to be a nice way of doing it.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:22 AM, Shocker said:

Looks like I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. I'll figure out how to create a game advertisement, running something simple "Dragons of Icespire Peak" for new members.

What could possibly go wrong

Good luck!

I have been planning on GMing a game for a long time. This might be the exact push that I need to finally get something started. I can't guarantee I can join this initiative at a specific time, but I think I could start a module for Pathfinder 1e soon-ish.

2 hours ago, Choomie said:

I have been planning on GMing a game for a long time. This might be the exact push that I need to finally get something started. I can't guarantee I can join this initiative at a specific time, but I think I could start a module for Pathfinder 1e soon-ish.

Nothin to it, but to do it. 🙃

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Thanks @Vladim, much appreciated. The ad is up and applications are coming in, I. Ight gave set the dead line to far into the future.

You can always change it if you edit the game settings. It's a common thing people do if they are getting inundated with apps 😉 Just give people a little warning and say you've plenty of interest already.

21 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

You can always change it if you edit the game settings. It's a common thing people do if they are getting inundated with apps 😉 Just give people a little warning and say you've plenty of interest already.

We‘ll see, I had set it deliberately on a long timer to draw new players in and give them time to get settled.