Interlude - Reflections on Rocks and Sky.

TiffanyKorta

"Oh, who knows what he's after?" Jane says. "He's a thinker, that one. Probably pondering the philosophical rammifications or whatever..."

She hesitantly accepts a spray can.

"Huh. I guess that's at least something to do," she says. "I'll give it a go."

She starts out at one end of the rock and begins spelling out LEAST EXCITING PLACE ON ANY EARTH in spraypaint.

Rachel quietly watched the exchange between Jane, Katjuk and Ben. Her head was a little spinny. Weren't there other people here before? Is this group just an alt for the group they started as? Fiona has said the other possible "us" could be anything, so it would make sense that we could be anyone given enough baseline deviation. How does the current I connect to the other Is that are out there? She thought back to Linda's comment, and her own experience pulling skills from others.

She looked over to the confused woman and asked, "You can? What is she thinking about?"

Rock World

“I’m… I’m not sure, a lot of it is anger about you all just… existing.” she looked pained as she tried to sort out what was going on “It’s difficult, it’s like thinking through a thick ooze, but I think she’s impatience waiting for something to happen...”

"That’s because of the time difference, but the time it seems has finally run short” Unlike before none of you sensed Fiona arriving, another frustrating secret “The authorities are planning to send in force any minute now, it’ll be a bloodbath.”  

Looking at the recently added graffiti she gives a wry smile before adding

"If that’s enough excitement for you obviously? I promise you that once we sort this out you can walk the Pattern and I’ll show you all the wonders of the multiverse!” 

Edited by TiffanyKorta (see edit history)

Ben has been sipping on his beer, realizing that in the current situation he was unlikely to come up with a plausible spot to find another one, at least one that was cold.

"I'm all for sorting things out and walking out of anywhere there is about to be a bloodbath. I'm not so keen on getting caught up in one of those."

spacer.png

Akhtar Mubarak, Cultured Diplomat

At her sudden reappearance, Akhtar had to look aside to hide his disappointment and anger. His focus had been for naught, Fiona was too many steps ahead of them. In a strange way, it lent credence to her sayings, though.

She also mentioned the Pattern for the second time, and it sounded all the more important in the long run. But for now...

"Lady Fiona, so good to have you back, and unharmed. Which authorities are you talking about, if I may ? You mean at the DMV, right ? So what about us now, please ? We are to avoid going back, and instead start investigating on who set this trap against us, and why, correct ? How do you advise we do that ? Who may benefit from this, is probably the first, most sensible question, I reckon ?"

And the diplomat expected her to answer with her own gains in that affair, too...

image.jpeg.06628bf670af7b7828eb5520aa5652fd.jpeg

Katjuk smiles at Jane's hesitant acceptance of his suggestion. Even if it wasn't much of an art statement, she was expressing herself. She seemed to be adapting pretty well to this whole situation. ANY EARTH. It made him feel a bit slow - despite managing to "find" the paint, he was struggling to absorb what was happening.

The art helped ease his mind. Working with only spray paint in a short time it wasn't very impressive, though definitely not as literal as Jane's piece. He stopped back to look at the abstract horror just as Fiona spoke up.

He listened carefully to what she said, especially that 'pattern' bit. He wasn't sure she had said anything about that to him before. He kept quiet, wishing he had more to go on and appreciating the questions of the man who had yet to actually speak to him even by way of introduction...

Edited by Primeval Stasis (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

GM Post

"The local police are already on the scene and are getting ready to go in, against even the weakest occupant of Chaos they don't stand a chance." she sighed before adding

"Like my brother Corwin, I've come to respect those of Shadow, as Lords and Ladies of Amber it's our responsibility to try and protect them. Even though you've only just started your journey together you should be able to defeat this creature." she looked at the assembled group "Are you ready to go and give a little payback to this demon?"

pitmaster.webp.31f555f078f6d0fdb60a1463a3ca25c3.webpBen takes in the scene and rearranges his understanding.

"Oh, so we're walking into the bloodbath instead of away from it."

Maybe he should have done that MMA training with those guys from that job a couple years ago. Was too much work back then though.

"Alright... but don't expect me to be able to do much more than throw this empty can at something..."

spacer.png

Akhtar Mubarak, Cultured Diplomat

Walking into open danger was not Akhtar's idea of a sound plan, but there seemed to be more martially inclined members in the party, and he could perhaps use this trick of Skill-Snatching again to help. Flexing his hand on his kohpesh's handle, he stood erect and replied to their guide.

"It is correct that there is this lingering situation behind us. If we have any responsability in this most unfortunate event, even an indirect one, it may be indeed our duty to see it through. I guess we owe it to the other customers at the DMV to help in whatever respect we can..."

Rachel shook her head, surprised at her companion's willingness to step back into danger so unprepared. "Wait," she asked Fiona, but giving everyone else a glance, "Wouldn't it be better for us to do whatever with this Pattern before we go back? Face it fully empowered, whatever that means? At the least, can we get some weapons made to fight these things?"

• 3 weeks later...

Rock World

With little effort, despite her apparent slim frame, kicked open one of the crates to reveal a variety of hand weapons of various styles and designs.

"I'm not asking anyone to risk more than they're willing, I'm sure you've had quite a day already. But I think you'll find you're more capable than you think and working together you can best a creature of Chaos."

As to the other comment she was much less sanguine.  

"Walking the Pattern is a test of physical and mental endurance it leaves you exhausted and in poor shape to act. It's not something to be rushed and must be done one at a time, basically, it would take too much time, time we don't have right now.”