Post Interest/Character Ideas or Discussion Here

Whitleyrr

For those who may be more interested in some of the background to the world of Glammer, feel free to visit this archived thread on OGMW, which gives some of it's history:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=155514

However, please note that this current adventure is not overly impacted by world events. The town of Hethton lies (on the map at that link) between Orreston and Kul'lanthalis in the Pastoral North region (just at the southern edge of the Uplands).

23 minutes ago, Whitleyrr said:

Thanks for the question Abalon - there is a love story that features as a part of this narrative, and that will include some measure of sexuality. It will, however, in accordance with MW policies, take place "off-screen" as it were. PC's will be asked to deal with the consequences, but not the actions. In other words, this is not erotica. Does that help? If you need more specific details please feel free to DM me. I don't want to frighten anyone off, but I also want to be as transparent as I can about the narrative I've crafted, without giving plot devices away.

That's perfectly valid, and thanks for the answer. I'm fine with that

Just the type of game I've been looking for! Romance, mystery, horror, intrigue, drama - and most importantly, story rich role playing with plenty of space for character development! My motto (though perhaps overused) is, ''Roleplay over roll play'', so I have a feeling I'd be well served in this game. I'll be working on opening an app after work this evening 🙂

Edited by Karma Kameleon (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Karma Kameleon said:

Just the type of game I've been looking for! Romance, mystery, horror, intrigue, drama - and most importantly, story rich role playing with plenty of space for character development! My motto (though perhaps overused) is, ''Roleplay over roll play'', so I have a feeling I'd be well served in this game. I'll be working on opening an app after work this evening 🙂

Sounds great, Karma, thanks for your interest!

37 minutes ago, Whitleyrr said:

Thanks for your interest PureChance!

How common is magic for everyday folk ? On a scale of I guess Lord of the Rings to Eberron. Does the average village have many magic users, or know the odd cantrip?

Quick question about the 3,000 starting gold. What's your thoughts on spending it? There's little if anything from the normal equipment that will add up to that much. Weren't sure if you wanted us to hold onto any excess after martial characters get their plate armor and such, or if you had other plans to where the gold can go to? 

1 minute ago, Peacemonger said:

Quick question about the 3,000 starting gold. What's your thoughts on spending it? There's little if anything from the normal equipment that will add up to that much. Weren't sure if you wanted us to hold onto any excess after martial characters get their plate armor and such, or if you had other plans to where the gold can go to? 

You may spend it on magical items as well.

Gotcha, that works. Do you have a preferred place for magic item costs? Think the one I've seen most commonly used is a "Sane Magic Item Cost" pdf that floats around. As much as I love 5e, there's not much an official rules for costs. 

50 minutes ago, Peacemonger said:

Gotcha, that works. Do you have a preferred place for magic item costs? Think the one I've seen most commonly used is a "Sane Magic Item Cost" pdf that floats around. As much as I love 5e, there's not much an official rules for costs. 

Let’s just use the PHB list for now please.

Edited by Whitleyrr (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Harding said:

So, how do we determine the starting price for the magical items cost when there is some very subjective ones in the DMG?  I mean, I'm ready to pay 501 GP for every rare item! 😄 lol

image.png.447ed056b15691f8b4f8f46fd404e138.png

Hmm, I see what you mean! Well, since sheets aren’t necessary for the app, let’s not worry about the price of magical items until the players are chosen.