Post Interest/Character Ideas or Discussion Here

Whitleyrr

Curious but... questions:

-- Could you tell us a little more about how the assorted races fit into Glammer?

-- Also is there slavery? 

-- Are all our options (subclasses, Tasha swaps, spells, etc) restricted to the PHB or is it "No artificers, no unusual races" basically?

-- If rolling for stats do we take what we get or can we take point buy after? 

Good questions, thanks!

1. Though it won’t matter much for this game, which will take place in a pretty confined area, the only real differences between the races (compared to their presentation in the PHB) are that elves are more widely disliked than in a normal game. They are the most numerous race after humans and conflicts have been fierce. 50 years ago there was a major war (the Grass War) and now the empire and the Elves are trying to figure out how to commemorate it. It is not going well. 

In terms of humans, the Imperials are your basic human class whereas your Natives are all from the north and closely resemble Inuit tribes. 

2.  There is slavery, of the chattel variety. 

3.  I only have the PHB so that’s why the restrictions. 

4.  No, you can roll first and then if you don’t like it you can take the 32 pt buy. 

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Whitleyrr (see edit history)

Heres a potential concept - a fey warlock (pact of the tome) focused on communication and acting as a deal broker on behalf of his patron. He came to the village because he owed the wizard a favor over some deal or another that was made many years ago.

Aw, and I was going for a fey warlock, who gets recruited because the wizard knows the details about the deal she made.

Also, are there any rules on purchasing magic items for the start? Arcane spellcasters tend to not have too much they can spend that much gold on.

Edited by Lex Samreeth (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Lex Samreeth said:

Aw, and I was going for a fey warlock, who gets recruited because the wizard knows the details about the deal she made.

May the best writer shine forth!!

13 minutes ago, Abalon said:

I'm interested but I'd like to know if there's gonna be sexual/romancey stuff, and if yes how it's handled

Thanks for the question Abalon - there is a love story that features as a part of this narrative, and that will include some measure of sexuality. It will, however, in accordance with MW policies, take place "off-screen" as it were. PC's will be asked to deal with the consequences, but not the actions. In other words, this is not erotica. Does that help? If you need more specific details please feel free to DM me. I don't want to frighten anyone off, but I also want to be as transparent as I can about the narrative I've crafted, without giving plot devices away.