Out of Crispycrunchiebits

Yeah, I'm always up for making weapons a bit more interesting. I think that is one thing in the OneD&D stuff that looks good.

Glad you're still with us @SID

Also, @paladinred would it be ok to roll on the Special Features tables on pg141 of the DMG to give the magic items we've got some flavour? Nothing mechanical of course.

Edited by Spydre (see edit history)

Special Features for two hand crossbows...

Opting to ignore the Quirk feature as I rolled the same number on both and many of the Quirks have mechanical effects.

First crossbow:

Created during the heyday of a fallen human kingdom

Linked to a deed of great evil e.g. massacre/assassination

Gleaming

Second crossbow:

Creator - Elemental Water. Lustrous fish scales replace leather or cloth on this item, and metal portions are instead crafted from seashells and worked coral as hard as any metal.

Symbol of Power. This item was once used as part of royal regalia or as a badge of high office. 

16 on the Minor Property table has a mechanical effect (voice can carry clearly for 300 ft), so I will choose a non-mechanical property instead: Song Craft. Whenever this item is struck or is used to strike a foe, its bearer hears a fragment of an ancient song.

I'll describe these items in my next post.

Edited by Spydre (see edit history)
Name
First XBow: Creator or Intended User
1d20 4
First XBow: History detail
1d8 7
First XBow: Minor property
1d20 5
First XBow: Quirk
1d12 10
Second XBow: Creator or Intended User
1d20 13
Second XBow: History detail
1d8 8
Second XBow: Minor property
1d20 16
Second XBow: Quirk
1d12 10

That looks like fun

Wow, these go strikingly well together

Element earth: cloth or leather is studded with highly polished rock

Sinister history, item is linked to deed of great evil, like murder or assassination. 

Delver, while underground know depth and nearest way up. 

Know language of gm choice: would recommend dwarven or terran.

Covetous: item's wearer becomes obsessed with material wealth. 

Gonna play with this a bit, but a studded cloak of protection is neat. 

@paladinred Are these abilities fine, or should I shore up some of them, some do actually have mechanical effects, but they're like
"know dwarven" and "you know which way is up and where the closest path up is when underground", sooo... probably not game breaking.

Name
Cloak 
11; 7; 20; 3
1d20; 1d8; 1d20; 1d12 [11]; [11,7]; [11,7,20]; [11,7,20,3]
Crit
4; 10
1d20; 1d20 [4]; [4,10]

Hey guys I have COVID !

I just used all my energy to craft a massive post, and then for some unknown reason the editor reset and I lost everything !!!

I just don't have energy for a redo right now... Zosar is going outside for weapon training in the sun.