Break Out Act 2: Where is Karl Lykos

Gspawn

spacer.png

The downside of clawing something's eye out is that it generally tends to royally piss them off. The lizard's rage definitely made keeping her balance on it's back a major challenge but at least Spider's webbing seemed to still be holding so it's massive teeth were still out of the equation.

Countering the AoE

Affiliation: Team D6
Distinction: World Class Thief D8
Power Set- Cat Suit: Enhanced Reflexes D8
Specialty: Acrobatics Expert 2d6

Pool: 3d6+2d8
Total: 13 (Enhanced Reflexes [5], Acrobatics Expert [6,2])
Effect: d8 (World Class Thief)

Using plot point to add an extra dice to total.

Currently 0 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

Edited by Oldedog (see edit history)
Name
Affiliation: Team
1d6 2
Distinction: World Class Thief
1d8 2
Power Set-Cat Suit: Enhanced Reflexes
1d8 5
Specialty: Acrobatics Expert
2d6 6,2

image.jpeg.02235882a544dd070d848e9cc2a53c05.jpeg“And it’s only Thursday…” snarls the Thing, as the giant dinosaur rampaged about. He wasn’t too concerned about himself, but some of his teammates were a bit more fragile than he was.

Name
Team
1d8 8
Wotta Revolting Development
1d8 6
Godlike Durability
1d12 12
Combat expert
1d8 5

image.jpeg.70354e8b19026ec5a043318a1205b334.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 3, XP: 3

"YIKES!" The webbed wonder shouts as the T-Rex goes on a wild rampage, stomping and smashing about. This is exactly where Spider-man does NOT want to be! With his spider-sense tingling, the mighty arachnid flips backward out of immediate danger and then shoots a web-line out to a distant tree NOT in the T-Rex's path of stompage and yanks himself in that direction, escaping the T-Rex and its ginormous feet, which were almost but not quite as big as Ben Grimm's feet.

Yay, an 18 (success) with a d12 result die... if that's something for defending.

Yay for three dice coming up with the max roll!

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)
Name
Team
1d6 3
Superhuman Reflexes
1d10 4
Swingline
1d8 8
Acrobatic Master
1d10 10
Complication
1d12 2
Friendly Neighborhood Hero?
1d8 8

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|2PP}
Stress: {PD4/ED0/MD0}

Daredevil hears the attack coming, and leaps aside, hoping his movement can match his reflexes. It doesn't matter if you can predict an attack if you can't get out of the way fast enough.

Dodge Behemoth: Avoid Stress

Affiliation: Team D6 [3]
Distinction: Man Without Fear D4 + 1PP (now 3 PP) [3]
Power Set- Hypersenses: Enhanced Reflexes D8 [6]
Specialty: Acrobatic Master 2D8 [2,7]
Complication: Grappled D12 [5]

Pool: 1d4+1d6+3d8+1d12
Total: Acrobatic Master B [6] + Enhanced Reflexes [7] = 13
Effect: Grappled D12 (Steps back Stress to D4)
Opportunities: 0

And indeed, Daredevil simply isn't fast enough to completely escape the stomping. He scrambles free of a crushing foot, but the wild kick that comes from thrashing around knocks him off of his feet. In between the thunder of the stomps and the impact of the blow, the cowled hero is rattled but well enough.

Activating Limit:
Overstim. Shutdown a Hypersenses power (Enhanced Reflexes D8) and gain 1 PP (now 4). Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)
Name
Team
d6 3
Man Without Fear
d4 3
Hypersenses- Enhanced Reflexes
d8 6
Acrobatic Master
2d8 2,7
Grappled
d12 5

spacer.png

"Logan" • The Wolverine

The jungle shook as the great beast crashed about the vines. With a ferocious roar, it danced—each earth rending stomp meant to crush the bothersome insects that dared enter its domain. With a snarl, Wolverine dodged, crouching low and rolling to the side as the elephant-sized foot slammed down. The odor on the beast's breath smelled rotten and flyblown.

Dice Pool: 3D8, 1D10.

Total: 15 (Distinction "I'm The Best There Is At What I Do..." [7] + Specialty "Combat Master" [8])

Effect: D8 (Affiliation "Team")

The doom pool receives +2 opportunities.

Edited by Choomie (see edit history)
Name
Affiliation [Team]
1d8 1
Distinction ["I'm The Best There Is At What I Do..."]
1d8 7
Power Set [Feral Mutant - Enhanced Reflexes]
1d8 1
Specialty [Combat Master]
1d10 8

( @Choomie It would be d6 effect cause both 8's are 1's witch means they cannot be used to add to total's or be used as effects. As I call them dead dice.)

Doom Pool is happy to give Logan 2 plot points and will Increase doom pool! (So Black Cat (Not d6), Daredevil and Wolverine have d4 in stress )

Doom Pool ----> 1d10+2d6

T-REX Round 2

The T-Rex Decides after thrashing and overstimulating and throwing Black Cat off the top of its head and only getting the toe nail of the big dinosaur. It decides to leap up into the air and decides to crush everything in its wake and if you were caught under its crushing feet the shockwave will send you into tree's or rocks or other environmental hazards to be sent back into

(The Big Dino Rolled opportunity if anyone wants it)

The Dinosaur Is looking for everyone to be 14 with Effect dice of D10 Aimed At Spider-man, D8 At Wolverine, And D6 for Black Cat, Daredevil, And the Thing!

(Me has strategy as to why I do this way)

(Also Yes That d12 grapple is on table for defense. After Defense's are made The dinosaur will Pass to the Thing @Rudolf)

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)
Name
Solo
1d8 8
Stupid
1d8 4
Crushing Feet 
1d10 3
Area Effect 
5d6 2,3,1,6,6

image.jpeg.70354e8b19026ec5a043318a1205b334.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 3, XP: 3

"Woah there, Rexy. Calm down."  Spider-man says as the dinosaur's rampage is unending and exceedingly scary to a little arachnid from Queens. But as the T-Rex rampages, the spider is making good progress away from it, flipping and leaping up into the air and spring-boarding off of one tree to the next with a swing from his web-line to change direction quickly in mid-air. "You know, this might be fun if it wasn't for the whole getting squashed by an eight ton lizard thing."

YAY: Dodged another giant foot!

18 for those two highest rolls BUT I got two ones... welcome two more into the POOL

Does the effect die matter if I succeed? If so, I got a 6 with a d8 but a 5 with a d10... Can I choose the d10 or does it have to be the third highest die roll?

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)
Name
Team
1d6 1
Friendly Neighborhood Hero?
1d8 6
Superhuman Reflexes
1d10 1
Swingline
1d8 8
Acrobatic Master
1d10 5
Webbed Mouth Complication
1d12 10

spacer.png

The landing is definitely not worthy of the Black Cat's usual acrobatics skills but she'll blame it on all the undergrowth and the fact that she was basically trying to surf an angry T-Rex. The lizard leaps high and the shock-wave from it's landing is clearly going to hurt if her luck turns sour.

Countering the AoE

Affiliation: Team D6
Distinction: World Class Thief D8
Power Set- Cat Suit: Enhanced Reflexes D8
Specialty: Acrobatics Expert D8

Complication: Webbed Shut Mouth D12

Pool: 1d6+3d8+D12
Total: 12 (Webbed Shut Mouth [7], Acrobatics Expert [5])
Effect: D8 (Enhanced Reflexes)

One more point for the Doom Pool.

Currently 0 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

Edited by Oldedog (see edit history)
Name
Affiliation: Team
1d6 1
Distinction: World Class Thief
1d8 5
Power Set-Cat Suit: Enhanced Reflexes
1d8 2
Specialty: Acrobatics Expert
1d8 5
Complication: Webbed Shut Mouth
1d12 7

image.jpeg.02235882a544dd070d848e9cc2a53c05.jpeg“Time to wrap this up. This thing’s breath is worse than a week-old Reuben. Wolverine, c’mere. I got an idea…Stab it someplace that matters.”

The Thing laced his fingers together, and leaned down, ready to propel his mutant teammate toward the place this thing kept it’s brain. He knew that Wolverine was part metal, so heavier than a normal person, but Ben Grimm measured his bench press by the ton.

ooc: I have no idea what to roll to make this happen ; ( pass to @Choomie Wolverine, naturally.

edit: defense roll added below

Name
Team
1d8 4
It’s Clobberin’ Time
1d8 7
Godlike Strength
1d12 9
Combat Expert
1d8 7

(OOC: @Rudolf I will need a second defense roll 1st. And for your main turn if you are gonna fast ball special Logan into the creature. Logan will need to give you a Plot point of his and in return you give him superhuman strength dice. Doing this takes Things whole turn cause he is basically setting up Wolverine for success)

@Choomie for you to recive aid from been you give 1 plot point to Ben and then when you assemble your pool you add things assistance d12 (technically his godlike strength dice but it's more there as an exploration dice)

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|4PP}
Stress: {PD4/ED0/MD0}

This time, instead of leaping free, Murdock carefully concentrates on where the monstrosity is. It won't move faster than sound, and he's adapted to handle the myriad of sounds and movements needed to move about in overcrowded New York. He will simply put himself where the monster isn't, stepping into the gulf between its huge steps.

Enter the Void: Avoid Stress

Affiliation: Team D6 [4]
Distinction: Protector of Hell’s Kitchen D8 [5]
Power Set- Hypersenses: Superhuman Senses D10 [7]
Specialty: Acrobatic Master 2D8 [4,3]
Complication: Grappled D12 [4]

Pool: 1d6+3d8+1d10+1d12
Total: Superhuman Senses D10 [7] + Protector of Hell’s Kitchen D8 [5] + Acrobatic Master A [4] (-1PP, now 3) = 16
Effect: Grappled D12
Opportunities: 0

The ground thunders on either side of him, but the Man Without Fear is unharmed.

Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)
Name
Team
1d6 4
Protector Of Hell's Kitchen
1d8 5
Superhuman Senses
1d10 7
Acrobatic Master
2d8 4,3
Grappled
1d12 4

spacer.png

"Logan" • The Wolverine

The beast towered above, vast and terrible. Hot breath billowed out of its massive jaws, filled with rows of daggers poised to crush. Wolverine rolled, claws extended, as the massive clawed toes of the behemoth slammed down where he had stood. The impact shuddered the Earth. The force vibrated against Wolverine's metal bones, but he resisted the impact and avoided a trampling.

Dice Pool: 3D8, 1D10.

Total: 16!

Name
Affiliation [Team]
1d8 8
1d8 8
Power Set [Feral Mutant - Enhanced Reflexes]
1d8 5
1d10 5

spacer.png

"Logan" • The Wolverine

Wolverine landed beside The Thing. He listened to his proposition.

"You have got to be--" he growled for a moment, pondering the tactical appeal of it all. "Alright, chuck me at ugly."

Wolverine grimaced, but at the moment they were all brothers-in-arms. Hoisted up with orange, rock-like hands, Wolverine was hurled with all might. Wolverine sailed through the air, claws outstretched. The air whipped against his mask. The Tyrannosaurus loomed larger and larger as he flew towards it. He let out a feral scream. Then, impact. His claws sunk deep into the beast's leather. As the beast thrashed about terribly in its defiant rampage, Wolverine held on, intent to fell the beast under the vicious weight of the coming onslaught.

Dice Pool: 3D8, 2D10, 1D12.

Total: 15 (Distinction "I'm The Best There Is At What I Do..." [8] + Affiliation "Team" [7])

Effect: 1D12 (Player Aid "Thing's Godlike Strength").

Granting Ben Grimm my plot point to utilize his Godlike Strength. Edit: After this resolves, I pass the turn to Black Cat @Oldedog!

Name
Affiliation [Team]
1d8 7
Power Set [Feral Mutant - Enhanced Strength]
1d8 2
Power Set [Weapon X Program - Adamantium Claws]
1d10 4
1d10 5
1d8 8