Playing a GMless game

MinjaMan

I just picked up a PDF copy of Mythic 2nd Edition. Looks pretty cool so far. I've been running my kids through a sandbox Swords and Wizardry campaign where we use Mythic for just about everything. I end up just as surprised as they are about game development.

I really like that flow. I'd like to get a Mythic co-piloted campaign going here sometime. There's no prep like no prep.

16 hours ago, cailano said:

I really like that flow. I'd like to get a Mythic co-piloted campaign going here sometime. There's no prep like no prep.

I picked up a copy awhile back but haven't gotten around to reading it. (story of my life!) I'd love to try a whole campaign made out of Mythic table interpretation sometime!

Never heard of that one, but NASA-punk sounds pretty cool. It really seems like it could be a good premise--horror can work if you are the only one involved and don't know what's coming until it's nearly on top of you! Then again, it may not lean into the horror part as much as my mind is imagining right now.

There's a game I played on Xbox where you are an A.I. of a space ship, incapable of doing anything but watching and toggling mechanisms. It was pretty spooky if I recall because you were a witness to all the madness, but didn't have all the context.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 6:48 AM, Malkavian Grin said:

There's a game I played on Xbox where you are an A.I. of a space ship, incapable of doing anything but watching and toggling mechanisms. It was pretty spooky if I recall because you were a witness to all the madness, but didn't have all the context.

I'd love to know the name of that game, if you can remember it. That sounds awesome.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:26 AM, cailano said:

I just picked up a PDF copy of Mythic 2nd Edition. Looks pretty cool so far. I've been running my kids through a sandbox Swords and Wizardry campaign where we use Mythic for just about everything. I end up just as surprised as they are about game development.

Thanks for posting this, because of your post, I bought a 2 book bundle for pdfs, one of which is mythic and the other is a supplementary mythic book. Looks simple at heart but also quite detailed and super flexible!!! 😀

I’m super late to this thread, but in reading through, I’m so tickled to see attitudes go from “why not just write a story if you want to do a story?” to “wow! Did you see this new Mythic 2e thing?!”. That is awesome.

Having used Mythic since it’s inception (20 years?), I can heartily recommend it and the awesome Mythic Magazine series. Quite a rabbit hole into which to fall. It can be used to great effect. I’m thrilled to see @cailano having a good time with it. ;)