OoC Stuff

Svartalf

8 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

What part have I failed to communicate? Just want to help here. You seem confused about how the actual game works - or is it the scene? I can clarify if needed ... 🙂

I think she is just not use to playing in a game where treasure is not as much of a game mechanic like in D&D maybe

Yeah, what Excior said. I have trouble conceptualizing game systems that talk about and use treasure / money but also hand-wave all of it. They become too nebulous to me and I struggle to figure out what my character wants and strives for.

I can say "Yeah, ask for gold" but that in and of itself is meaningless; it's going through the motions. It's assumed we'll gain and lose gold all the time, right? So what's the point? This is one of the big reasons I also can't really play many Freeform games; there's no mechanics or boundaries so things lose their meaning for me.

It's nothing to do with you or how you're running the game. You're doing a good job. I fully blame my autism. I depend on rules for stuff to make sense and define boundaries.

5 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Yeah, what Excior said. I have trouble conceptualizing game systems that talk about and use treasure / money but also hand-wave all of it. They become too nebulous to me and I struggle to figure out what my character wants and strives for.

I can say "Yeah, ask for gold" but that in and of itself is meaningless; it's going through the motions. It's assumed we'll gain and lose gold all the time, right? So what's the point? This is one of the big reasons I also can't really play many Freeform games; there's no mechanics or boundaries so things lose their meaning for me.

It's nothing to do with you or how you're running the game. You're doing a good job. I fully blame my autism. I depend on rules for stuff to make sense and define boundaries.

@Malkavian Grin I would like to encourage you to stay and play with us. I am enjoying your PC and look forward to seeing what she does.

Just catching up after a long weekend out. I understand your vexation, @Malkavian Grin. You did a great post. I think the thing is that the treasure is very hand-wavey in order to give an excuse to adventure. The adventure is the real thing.

Let’s just move past this. I’ll put up a post.

5 hours ago, Excior said:

I intended to write up a filler post but I got side tracked thanks for moving things forward, Did Elkor by chance make any new friends among the caravan guards?

Elkor has made friends with all six of the caravan guards! You can chat with them and you gain a bonus die to influence them. Making up names is fine 👍

18 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Elkor has made friends with all six of the caravan guards! You can chat with them and you gain a bonus die to influence them. Making up names is fine 👍

I used AI to help generate names and regions for the six guards not sure if the regions are in the game can you confirm if they are or not? and will attempt to refine my post based on your input.

1 hour ago, Excior said:

I used AI to help generate names and regions for the six guards not sure if the regions are in the game can you confirm if they are or not? and will attempt to refine my post based on your input.

What AI did you use? I've heard & read cool things about AI.

18 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I don't think I mentioned this here, but my absence lately has been a move in homes. I just got a PC up and running with WiFi again, so posting can commence as normal. I'll go look at the IC and see what I can do.

Congrats on the move 🙂 They can be so exhausting.

16 hours ago, roryb said:

I've also read up on the IC. I'm happy with the results of our discussions and ready to go at the next action.

Gotcha: probably moving to Lysor quickly with with a little "travel fluff" today 👍

A.I. can do some really useful things, if you know how to ask it correctly ;)

I've used it to create custom playing card art. I used it to look up details about Chicago back in the 80s, including distances to and from certain locations. I've used it to make supporting landscape art. I've used it like Excior said, to create poems and song lyrics.

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

A.I. can do some really useful things, if you know how to ask it correctly ;)

I've used it to create custom playing card art. I used it to look up details about Chicago back in the 80s, including distances to and from certain locations. I've used it to make supporting landscape art. I've used it like Excior said, to create poems and song lyrics.

@Malkavian Grin I used it to make Molly's haunter on the moore song in the DCC game we are in