Year 2950: Secrets Buried

Vladim

spacer.png

"We did scour a far few of the spider's nests while seeking Black Tarn's aid for Rhosgobel. Perhaps this is simply a reprisal from the beasties? Can't speak for the Marsh-Dwellers however." Bróin stroked his beard as he gauged the wizards reaction to his words. Radagast had more or less corroborated Vara's accounting of the night prior, but the Dwarf was no less concerned at Radagast's tight-lipped manner with regards to the situation; he could appreciate wanting to keep your cards close to your chest sure, but now wasn't the time for keeping secrets.

Bróin presses forward with the conversation. "And eh, how far south are we to go? Or rather how far are we to deviate from our intended path?"

OOC

Current Moment: +5

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

spacer.pngspacer.pngBeran, who had been explaining the route of their journey using his map before the Brown Wizard returned, interjected. Once again, he drew the company's attention back towards the unfurled map.

"To Tyrant's Hill at first," he explained again to Bróin and the others, "...and then onwards, through the woods and in the end into Dol Guldur, if we can manage it."

He placed his finger on a point just north of what was once the Necromancer's stronghold. "We might want to give Fenbridge a wide berth. Given the spring assaults, there might be many orcs there, unless we thoroughly routed them. Even then, it might be best to avoid it regardless. Ours is no war-party."

He returned his eyes to Bróin. "Other than that, no deviations, master dwarf. At least, not if we can help it."

OOC

Referencing my older post (here) for route and associated mechanics. But good to give @BlueTrillium a chance to post too 🙂

unknown.png

Ed: 1 | He: 3 | Ir: 2 | Sh: 2 | Wi: 1

Mom: 8 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 4 | Supply: 5
Tarric

Nebulous shadowy fragments swirled in Tarric's memory at Radagast's words, an impression of escape or victory only to find it had all been false, orchestrated by the enemy. Despite their companion's hopeful words about the movements now being revenge for their defeat of the spiders before, the Beorning could not shake the creeping feeling of looming dread.

"Much as I might wish otherwise," he said heavily, "I believe Radagast is right. If the spiders are behind this, it is only that some escaped to warn whatever lurks in Dol Guldur, moving it to take further action. 'A hidden hand,' he calls it... yes, that... that is exactly how it feels. A dark hand manipulating pieces on a board. Including us."

OOC/Mechanics

Going with -1 Spirit for the Price for Tarric's previous move. (stats updated)

Assets

Tarric and Olwinne both have +1 talisman vs orcs.

Berserker - (Combat Talent)
When you Secure an Advantage or Compel by embodying your wild nature, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Strike or Clash by unleashing your rage (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a hit. Then, choose one:
------ Push yourself: Endure Harm (1 harm)
------ Lose yourself: Endure Stress (1 stress)
When you Endure Harm in a fight, and your Health is above zero, you may let the pain inflame your wildness (decide before rolling). If you then score a strong hit and choose to embrace the pain, take +momentum equal to your remaining Health. A weak hit counts as a miss.

Wayfinder - (Path)
When you Undertake a Journey, take +1 momentum on a strong hit. If you burn momentum to improve your result, also take +1 momentum after reset.
When you Secure an Advantage or Gather Information by carefully surveying the landscape or scouting ahead, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Swear an Iron Vow to safely guide someone on a perilous journey, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

Talisman - (Ritual)
When you fashion a charm, envision it and name the specific person or creature it protects against. Then roll +wits.
------ On a strong it, when the wearer opposes the target through a move, add +2. If a one is rolled on the action die while making a move using the charm, the magic is spent.
------ On a weak hit, as above, but the wearer adds +1 when making a move (instead of +2).
As above, and you may instead fashion a charm which aids the wearer against all supernatural threats, such as mystic rituals or horrors.
When you perform this ritual, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)
When you cloak yourself with the gossamer veil of the shadow realms, roll +shadow. On a strong hit, take +1 momentum. Then, reroll any dice (one time only) when you make a move by ambushing, hiding, or sneaking. On a weak hit, as above, but the shadows try to lead you astray. You must first Face Danger to find your way.
As above, and you may also travel along the hidden paths of the shadow realms to Undertake a Journey using +shadow (instead of +wits). If you do, Endure Stress (1 stress) and mark progress twice on a strong hit.

Progress

▥= 1 tick, ▦= 2 ticks, ▩= 3 ticks, = full

Vow: Investigate Dol Goldur (Extreme)
Failure:
Vow: name (rank)
Bonds:

Bond 1: Olwinne his wife
Bond 2: Rhosgobel villagers/friends
Bond 3: Idunn
Bond 4: Woodmen-town
Bond 5: Bróin/Vara
Experience: ◍ = have, = used

Completed Vows: Rescue the Missing Hunters (T), Deal with the Spiders (D), Defend the Woodmen (F)
Completed Scenes: Destroy the Spider Nest (F), Convince the Elvenking (D), Defend the Western Walls (T)
Completed Combats: Boss Spider (F), Orc Warband (D), Stealthy Orc Infiltrators (T)
Completed Journeys: To Forest Gate (D)

spacer.pngIdunn of Firienseld [Mom: 4 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 4 | Supply: 5 | Uthred: 4 | Band strength: 4 | Fails: 5]

Idunn had kept her silence, content to listen to the others as Radagast spoke his tidings. What she heard did not surprise her: it was plain enough from all that has taken place in spring that something was amiss in Wilderland. Even her friends, who had kept to the Vales of the Anduin, and were now undertaking the journey to Firienseld and the Gladden, had spoken of some evil there.

Still, there was a key omission from Radagast's report, and it bothered her. Had the river-maiden said nothing about such grave a matter? Or was the Brown Wizard merely trying to protect her? It was true that the trail had grown cold of late, but she knew that this did not mean the matter had been dealt with.

"Master Radagast..." she said at length, "...did lady Duskwater say anything if the Beast of the Forest? Why have the attacks ceased suddenly?"

OOC

Investigate Dol Guldur (Extreme): ▥□□□□□□□□□

Since slaying the werewolf of Mirkwood is Idunn's background quest, I'll attempt a Gather Information.

Edit: Weak hit. The information complicates your quest or introduces a new danger. +1 momentum. Stats updated.

Name
Gather Information
1d6+3 1
Challenge Dice
2d10 1,8

spacer.pngRadagast was, much like the others, making ready to depart when the huntress surprised him with her question.

"What?" he said at first, seemingly confused. "Do not speak that name so openly!" he protested, and quickly added: "The attacks have ceased, and you should be thankful for it, like the rest of your folk! Perhaps it has turned its ire on the elvenfolk, or perhaps it slumbers in its lair beneath the Mountains of Mirkwood. I do not know, but I hope it will be one less foe to worry about."

OOC

Maybe the complication is, they don't know why the werewolf stopped the attacks.

Either way, I'll have something more forward-moving later.

spacer.pngIdunn of Firienseld [Mom: 4 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 4 | Supply: 4 | Uthred: 4 | Band strength: 4 | Fails: 5]

The wizard's answer did little to satisfy the huntress, but she had expected little even as she had spoken her questions. She had discussed similar matters with him in the past, and she knew full well that Radagast thought her quest folly, and her a fool for being so insistent. Yet folly or not, she ought to know what he had to counsel.

There was little left to do here, and no reason to linger. Idunn and her companions bid farewell to Fareth, whose task was now to return Radagast's boat back to the docks of Black Tarn Hall. The woods-woman wished them a swift journey, and soon enough, Idunn summoned her hound to her side, and took up her spear, and gathered her friends about her.

Then they set out: she took her place next to Radagast, and tried to set a good yet comfortable pace as they delved into the forest.

OOC

I'll try to get us started with Undertake a Journey.

Edit: A weak hit. Mark Progress. Let's all also mark -1 supply (updated). I'll set the scene later-or another can do it, if they want!

To Tyrant's Hill

Troublesome journey

Progress: ■■■□□□□□□□

Name
Undertake a journey
1d6+3 5
Challenge Dice
2d10 4,8

spacer.png

(Art credit: Davood Moghaddami)

spacer.pngFor the rest of the day, they marched in single file behind Radagast, who was soon proven hale and swift despite his elderly appearance. He seemed to know every tree and every beast as if they were old acquaintances or even friends. He had names for many living things that others had never heard of. In the forest, he was in his element: even this part, which was dense and dark and often unpleasant, and typically avoided by the Woodmen, who preferred to live in the eaves.

As he walked, he spoke tales of the history of this place, and those that were close to him could listen, if they so wished. He told them of how the Narrows had been, many centuries ago, indistinguishable from the rest of Mirkwood: not the thinnest patch of woodland that they had been reduced to in this age. It had all started with the coming of the Northmen, in ages past. Great were their strength and hunger and ambition, and they saw the forest only as an enemy or at best a resource. They did not build their halls near it, but on defensible hills and mounds far from it. And for that they needed timber, and fuel for their fires. They turned their axes to the trees, and they cleared more and more of the forest as they grew in power and prosperity.

Then an enemy came that no wall or hill could stop. The Great Plague was terrible, and it hit them grievously, and in the years that followed many also fell before enemies from the East. Their numbers dwindled, and eventually they scattered or died off, and they vanished, leaving only the Narrows and the East Bight as their enduring legacy: a testament to a once-great power, now long-faded.

OOC

Just some fluff/backstory for now. I'll see if I can add more later, but as I will be off travelling soon, maybe just doing some slow RP is our best bet for the coming weeks. But up to you!

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.pngIdunn of Firienseld [Mom: 4 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 4 | Supply: 3 | Uthred: 4 | Band strength: 4 | Fails: 5]

The huntress listened keenly as the company trekked through the unwelcoming forest. She had heard tales of this sort before, but to have them spoken by the Brown Wizard himself was another thing entirely. Her elders, she felt, often had to resort to guess-work to fill in gaps in their knowledge, and others were all too quick to embellish their tales or confuse them with others. But Radagast she could trust fully. She felt as if the wizard was as old as time, and had seen the great forest grow from seed to sapling to mighty tree: all that he told them she believed fully, and thought it precious.

Still, her true task lay in helping the others maintain the pace of the journey that Radagast had set. Keeping up with the old fellow was no easy task, even for someone as young and healthy as her, but she did as best she could. And when Radagast had finished regaling them with his old lore, she did not allow silence to linger much. Instead, she hummed a simple marching-song: an old tune played normally with a tin whistle and a lyre that most Woodmen knew and loved, and others sang along with her.

OOC

We seem to be stagnating a bit, so I'll push as along, even though I haven't stopped to describe a waypoint. But I think it's okay to hand-wave such things sometimes.

I'll make another Undertake a Journey roll.

Edit: Another weak hit. -1 Supply, Mark Progress. Stats updated.

To Tyrant's Hill

Troublesome journey

Progress: ■■■■■■□□□□

Name
Undertake a Journey
1d6+3 3
Challenge Dice
2d10 1,10

spacer.png

Bróin listens to Radagast as he speaks of the land and its history during their journey, enraptured by the tales the aged wizard has to tell. Occasionally he'll speak up to ask for clarification or with a query all his own, but otherwise he is content to simply walk and listen. It was an enlightening experience to be sure; for all the years he had wandered these lands he knew scarcely little about the history of Wilderland, with the exception of his own people's. Perhaps such knowledge was not wholly necessary in his line of work, but it was nonetheless reassuring to understand some measure of a land's full history. How else might the best course into the future be charted.

Once Idunn had taken over leading the company Bróin joined in with her humming with a whistle, once he had gotten a sense for the tune. His spirits are high as the company continues onward; what could possible go wrong for them at this point?

OOC

So with our current Progress against the Challenge Dice, that comes out to a Miss on the Reach Your Destination roll.

If your journey continues, clear all but one filled progress, and raise the journey’s rank by one (if not already epic).

As to what happened, maybe we have a bit of an "Oh East?! I thought you said Weast!" situation. Maybe Beran misread the map?

Name
Challenge Dice
7; 9
1d10;1d10 [7]; [7,9]

• 3 weeks later...

Scene 4: Amon Bauglir

Time: Afternoon, four days after setting out from Rhosgobel

Guided by the Brown Wizard, the company continued its journey for a few more days in similar fashion, suffering the same manner of hardships as they had encountered at the beginning of their march. Such challenges were small in nature, owing most to the dense flora and inhospitable fauna found in these parts of Mirkwood. Nuisances under most circumstances, yet their weariness grew gradually over the days, until they hoped for shelter and sanctuary amongst Mogdred's followers, if only for a night.

On the afternoon of the third day since they had broken their camp on the shores of the Black Tarn, they at last caught sight of their waypoint, just as Radagast had promised them. The company's look-out spotted it first: a tall tower rising above the tree-tops on a distant hill. As they drew nearer that which was clearly Mogdred's fortress, they soon saw smoke also, climbing high into the sky from many chimneys, until it disappeared against the blue, cloudless sky.

spacer.pngThe sight suddenly animated the company, including its leader, who presently broke his long silence to offer a lesson in the history of the place. It stretched back many years. Amon Bauglir the elves had named it, which meant in their fair tongue Tyrant's Hill, many centuries ago. It was once the northernmost outpost of Dol Guldur, and it was from its keep that the raiding parties of the Necromancer issued forth, troubling Men and Elves alike when he was at the height of his power.

The tower itself had been built by orcs, who hewed the stone out of the hillside and cut living wood from the forest to make it. But when the Necromancer fled, the tower was seized by Mogdred and his followers, who, having at last escaped the dungeons of Dol Guldur, slew the orcish garrison in vengeance, and claimed the place as their own.

spacer.pngThe tale was long in the telling, made more so by the wizard's slow and weary-sounding manner of speech. So much so that even he was caught unaware when, out of nowhere, a small party arrived to greet them long before they reached the gate of Tyrant's Hill.

There were seven of them: armed warriors clad in mail shirts and carrying helms and shields on their backs, and accompanied by large, snarling wolfhounds similar to Idunn's Uthred. But though they seem hardened and battle-ready, they were clearly not looking for a fight: their swords were securely sheathed by their sides.

The leader stepped forth: a lean, broad-shouldered Northman woman, with dark hair streaked with white.

"Travellers from Rhosgobel? Lost whilst journeying to the Sunstead?" she asked, but then her eyes fell upon Radagast and a light of recognition shone in them. She smiled, and yet she said nothing, content to wait for them to speak.

OOC

@Maester1216 given the miss, I suggest a Pay the Price of Endure Harm (-2 Health) or Endure Stress (-2 Spirit) to reflect the effect of the hardships of the journey on Broin. Alternatively, if you prefer, we can say that Vara mysteriously disappears (and mechanically you lose the asset until you recover her). She can come back whenever you score a strong hit with a match. The choice is yours! Do whatever feels right (or more interesting).

Given the miss and the situation between the Woodmen and Tyrant's Hill, I suggest to play this as a Formidable (Social) Scene Challenge, with the goal of securing hospitality from Tyrant's Hill. If we manage, we can undertake further investigation/recovery moves. If not, then we must move on.

I will not yet say where Mogdred is, as we can let this develop from the mechanics. I'm inclined to say he is absent (given the failed journey), but perhaps with really good rolls here we can reverse it.

Secure Hospitality

(Formidable Scene Challenge)

Progress: □□□□□□□□□□

Countdown: □□□□

Feel free to say whatever you want on behalf of your characters, and make the associated moves (mainly Face Danger and Secure an Advantage, as per the Scene Challenge rules).

Despite the miss on the Reach your Destination, I think I'm ok to say that we made progress, so I'd add another milestone to the oath:

Investigate Dol Guldur (Extreme): ■□□□□□□□□□

A note on the art: The woman herself doesn't really have yellow eyes like some Witcher wannabe; that's just a limitation of the art. But it was as close a portrait as I could find for her.

unknown.png

Ed: 1 | He: 3 | Ir: 2 | Sh: 2 | Wi: 1

Mom: 8 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 4 | Supply: 4
Tarric

Despite himself, and despite Olwinne and the company's best efforts, Tarric found himself sunk in his own thoughts and worries as they traveled. He couldn't even say exactly what had him so withdrawn, precisely. The closest he could come was a feeling of dread and shadows inexorably closing in from all directions.

However the sight of their destination at hand at last helped him to shake off some of the morose contemplation, enough to listen with greater interest to Radagast's tale of the place's history. It was perhaps not the happiest place, but it was still a tale of past escape from and victory against the forces of Dol Guldur, reminding him that such things had and could be done.

When no-one else immediately stepped forward to speak to the sudden-appearing representatives of the fort, Tarric found some words to speak. "Well met, warriors! From Rhosgobel we have come, yes, and I see you recognize Master Radagast. I am Tarric, son of Lorric, and these are our companions..." He introduced the group, then continued. "Mogdred fought at our side not long past, repelling the orcs. We are hoping to meet with him again. Is he here?"

OOC/Mechanics

Updated Supply and Progress bars to match earlier moves and posts.

Going to try a Secure an Advantage, I think, calling on their recent alliance with Mogdred to hopefully smooth their way. He's going for an emotional response of shared comraderie/courage so I think +heart could fit.

Result: Strong Hit - we do gain an advantage. Let's go with we get to make another move before they reply, and we can take a +1 on the move, if that works? So whoever makes the next move in the Scene Challenge can take that +1.

Assets

Tarric and Olwinne both have +1 talisman vs orcs.

Berserker - (Combat Talent)
When you Secure an Advantage or Compel by embodying your wild nature, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Strike or Clash by unleashing your rage (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a hit. Then, choose one:
------ Push yourself: Endure Harm (1 harm)
------ Lose yourself: Endure Stress (1 stress)
When you Endure Harm in a fight, and your Health is above zero, you may let the pain inflame your wildness (decide before rolling). If you then score a strong hit and choose to embrace the pain, take +momentum equal to your remaining Health. A weak hit counts as a miss.

Wayfinder - (Path)
When you Undertake a Journey, take +1 momentum on a strong hit. If you burn momentum to improve your result, also take +1 momentum after reset.
When you Secure an Advantage or Gather Information by carefully surveying the landscape or scouting ahead, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Swear an Iron Vow to safely guide someone on a perilous journey, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

Talisman - (Ritual)
When you fashion a charm, envision it and name the specific person or creature it protects against. Then roll +wits.
------ On a strong it, when the wearer opposes the target through a move, add +2. If a one is rolled on the action die while making a move using the charm, the magic is spent.
------ On a weak hit, as above, but the wearer adds +1 when making a move (instead of +2).
As above, and you may instead fashion a charm which aids the wearer against all supernatural threats, such as mystic rituals or horrors.

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)
When you cloak yourself with the gossamer veil of the shadow realms, roll +shadow. On a strong hit, take +1 momentum. Then, reroll any dice (one time only) when you make a move by ambushing, hiding, or sneaking. On a weak hit, as above, but the shadows try to lead you astray. You must first Face Danger to find your way.
As above, and you may also travel along the hidden paths of the shadow realms to Undertake a Journey using +shadow (instead of +wits). If you do, Endure Stress (1 stress) and mark progress twice on a strong hit.

Progress

▥= 1 tick, ▦= 2 ticks, ▩= 3 ticks, = full

Vow: Investigate Dol Goldur (Extreme)
Failure:
Journey: To Tyrant's Hill (Troublesome)
Scene: Secure Hospitality (Formidable)
Bonds:

Bond 1: Olwinne his wife
Bond 2: Rhosgobel villagers/friends
Bond 3: Idunn
Bond 4: Woodmen-town
Bond 5: Bróin/Vara
Experience: ◍ = have, = used

Completed Vows: Rescue the Missing Hunters (T), Deal with the Spiders (D), Defend the Woodmen (F)
Completed Scenes: Destroy the Spider Nest (F), Convince the Elvenking (D), Defend the Western Walls (T)
Completed Combats: Boss Spider (F), Orc Warband (D), Stealthy Orc Infiltrators (T)
Completed Journeys: To Forest Gate (D)

Edited by BlueTrillium (see edit history)
Name
Secure an Advantage with Heart
1d6+3 3
versus Challenge Dice
2; 2
1d10;1d10 [2]; [2,2]

spacer.pngspacer.pngFor a moment the warrior-woman remained silent, inspecting Tarric and his companions as he spoke his name and introduced the company. Then, one of her men stepped to the fore and took her side, and he whispered something in her ear.

They did not hear it, but the Beorning recognized the middle-aged follower of Mogdred, for he had fought near Olwinne at the battle of Rhosgobel, when they and others were holding the palisade against the orcs. Indeed, he had broken bread with this man, who bore the name of Ragnacar, after the battle, and had found him somewhat less aloof than his comrades: those other men of Tyrant's Hill, who spoke fewer words and kept to themselves for the most part.

No doubt he was now informing his mistress of what he knew, lending further credit to Tarric's words.

At length the woman nodded to Ragnacar, and turned to the company and spoke.

"Out hunting, I am afraid, and I do not know when he will return. Why do you seek him?"

spacer.pngAt that moment Idunn replied, and none too kindly, though she tried as best she could to mask her impatience.

"We have given you our names. Do we not deserve yours?"

OOC

Alright, that was a strong hit with a match, so let's say (as mentioned above) that Tarric knows one of the men (Ragnacar) and has fought with him against the orcs in Rhosgobel.

For Idunn, I'll attempt a Face Danger +iron with that additional +1 from Tarric; she is impatient and is not exactly threatening the woman, but more like invoking customs and traditions in a slightly aggressive manner.

Edit: A strong hit. Marking progress.

Secure Hospitality

Progress: ■□□□□□□□□□

Countdown: □□□□

Name
Face Danger
1d6+3 3
Challenge Dice
2d10 3,4

spacer.pngThe woman smiled at the lack of courtesy, yet she obliged.

"I am Dagmar, a servant of Tyrant's Hill. Mogdred has entrusted me with keeping watch over these pathless lands while he hunts in the woods. Does this answer satisfy you? Or need you know more?" she concluded with a grin.

spacer.png

Languor broiled up from Bróin as the company soldiered on through the forest. It was not a languor of the body however - even if Dwarves were ill-disposed to cross-country travel such as this - but rather of the soul. It was as though the very core of his being had been enervated by the darkened atmosphere of Mirkood's black heart. His step livened once Tyrant's Hill entered his field of vision, but only so much. Perhaps a part of him was still hesitant to enter the House of Mogdred...

Well founded concern it would seem, as a cadre of warriors from the Hill arrayed themselves before the company. Looking up and seeing Vara circling about Bróin stepped forward and bowed to Dagmar. "Hail and well met, Dagmar of the House of Mogdred! We are but humble travellers in need of a warm hearth where we might rest for a time. We would not dare to impose however, and so allow me to proffer these gifts upon you, your lord and your kin."

Opening up his bag Bróin displayed the gifts he had received from Black Tarn. Goods and fine crafts he wagered were rather rare upon the Hill; perhaps rare enough to earn them company a place to bed down for the night...

OOC

I'll take the -2 to Spirit to Pay the Price.

I'm gonna try to Compel here, using Heart (Bróin's doing what he does best, bartering). I'll use the +1 Tarric generated, and also leverage one of Bróin's Wealth for another +1.

EDIT: Didn't read the preceding post fully, my bad. Ignore that extra +1, which makes the Miss even worse.

Yeesh, dice are not on our side today. So Dagmar refuses the offer or makes a demand that costs Bróin greatly (perhaps the rest of his Wealth?)

So got a weak hit for that Endure Stress roll, so Bróin soldiers on.

Name
Compel
1d6+4 3
Challenge Dice
9; 10
1d10;1d10 [9]; [9,10]
Endure Stress
1d6+2 5
Challenge Dice
9; 3
1d10;1d10 [9]; [9,3]

spacer.pngDagmar did not reply at once. With a wave of her hand and a quiet gaze, she sent forth one of her men to see what it was that the dwarf was offering, and at length to collect it. Eagerly, her companion did as he had been wordlessly commanded, presenting to her what golds and gems and other gifts Bróin had to offer, before placing them in a well-worn satchel.

"The tales of the dwarves' courtesy have not been overstated..." said the woman with a wide smile, after all of this had been done. "I am afraid that I cannot accept any of these for myself; I am but a servant and a follower. Yet I will be sure to pass them on to my lord and leader, as soon as he returns, along with the name of the gracious gift-giver."

She paused for a moment, bowing slightly. The words were kind enough, yet what she truly thought of the dwarf's attempt and gesture remained hidden from plain sight, locked safely within her mind. She did not let quietness linger for long, as she soon resumed her speech.

"Still, while my lord remains away, I cannot permit you to enter. Such were his instructions, and I intend to follow them. Are there any other matters with which I could help you?"

OOC

@Maester1216 I think that heart +2 was correct, because the Fortune Hunter asset says you add +wealth, and your wealth is (was) at +2. So while you shouldn't add Tarric's +1, the +4 was correct.

Unfortunately, it's still a miss, so in addition to suffering -1 wealth (as per the asset), you need to Pay the Price. I leave it to you to come up with something, be it mechanical or narrative in nature.

Because the mechanics still say -1 wealth, I tried to have Dagmar take the gift but not be a total jerk about it. She probably does see it as a bribery, being rather cynical herself, but gold is gold.

Don't forget to update your Miss progress track!

Secure Hospitality

Progress: ■□□□□□□□□□

Countdown: ■□□□