Cantina Blues - Out of Character

Malkavian Grin

40 minutes ago, Phntm888 said:

So, the Trandoshan gets +1 Stamina Dice, but I can't seem to find mention of Stamina Dice under Character Creation or System Mechanics. Can you tell me where they are?

Since this is a hacked system, it has a few things in it that just aren't correct; so far they seem to be in the Skills area. There are no stamina dice here.

Going off this suggestion and the info from Star Wars SAGA edition, I decided to give them Special Skill: Endurance.

This will represent their ability to keep going when others would get tired. Extra reserves of energy, or generally pushing yourself hard; you could even make an argument for absorbing (some types of) damage due to their thick scales. You could even use it to say awake overnight keeping watch. It won't apply often, but when it does it should mean something.

@ALL: Please see the updated Equipment list. I made a few clarifications about what certain items do or contain. It'll save me some work later. To wit, I added things to the utility belt and added an empty version, clarified the bandolier (to justify the price) and the medical items.

In case you were looking at them, I also updated the Trandoshan species. It had reference to old mechanics so I swapped it out for a Special Skill. This hack is pretty good, but missed a few things apparently.

@Primeval Stasis Welcome! I'd say the clothing has no mechanical benefit. However, just like in real life, someone's perception of you may be very different if you look a certain way. Trying to get info at a high-class fundraising party full of wealthy people isn't going to get the same results dressed in finery as it might if you were dressed like a soldier or a bum. In the same regard; low-life gangers with a hot tip about Imperial movements won't react the same to people in fancy garb and gold headdresses.

This game system focuses a lot on the narrative/fiction. Keep that in mind when making certain choices :)

As for the concealed holster, you need to buy one for each "type" (pistol, carbine, etc.) of weapon. A pistol and a saber might be similar, sure, but the whole point of it being concealable is that unnecessary bulk is removed by using very specific shapes.

@Summer Silver Sure, you can flavor Entourage any way you like, as long as they are "just some goons" more or less. I like the customization potential that brings.

48 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

@Primeval Stasis Welcome! I'd say the clothing has no mechanical benefit. However, just like in real life, someone's perception of you may be very different if you look a certain way. Trying to get info at a high-class fundraising party full of wealthy people isn't going to get the same results dressed in finery as it might if you were dressed like a soldier or a bum. In the same regard; low-life gangers with a hot tip about Imperial movements won't react the same to people in fancy garb and gold headdresses.

This game system focuses a lot on the narrative/fiction. Keep that in mind when making certain choices 🙂

Sounds awesome! I'm still going to pay for fancy-ish clothes, just wanted to ask ^-^

48 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

As for the concealed holster, you need to buy one for each "type" (pistol, carbine, etc.) of weapon. A pistol and a saber might be similar, sure, but the whole point of it being concealable is that unnecessary bulk is removed by using very specific shapes.

Yeah that totally makes sense. I guess my question was more, can I have a concealed lightsaber holster (because holsters are usually more of a gun thing)?

Edited by Primeval Stasis (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Primeval Stasis said:

Yeah that totally makes sense. I guess my question was more, can I have a concealed lightsaber holster (because holsters are usually more of a gun thing)?

Sure! The holster itself doesn't say what it's for, so you're free to match it to a weapon type you have.

I'd assume this is something you could have sewn into a sleeve that uses the Force to remove. Or maybe it's just a hidden belt pocket. It's up to you to flavor it how you like. :)

8 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Sure! The holster itself doesn't say what it's for, so you're free to match it to a weapon type you have.

I'd assume this is something you could have sewn into a sleeve that uses the Force to remove. Or maybe it's just a hidden belt pocket. It's up to you to flavor it how you like. 🙂

Awesome, thank you! I'm really excited about the possibility to get to play in this.

I love how much interest I've gotten on this game, thank you to everyone!!

Due to this interest, I'm going to scale back advertising to Sunday night instead of Wednesday. If you've got a character in progress, you've got until then to finish up. If you have yet to make a character, time's running out 😉

Once I choose PCs, you will have a chance to make some adjustments if you feel you overlap too much with another character. You will also have a chance to discuss whether you want to know each other, or just be random strangers of happenstance.

Okay everyone, I'm going to back doing my first round of looking at characters today. I should have a proper list of who will be playing by tomorrow (Tuesday) or tonight (Monday).

Thank you again for all the interest! It's wonderful seeing people want to play :)

As luck would double have it, I should've just looked at the apps. Only 5 are complete with the other half of people not responding. That made the choice a non-choice, which I'm not exactly complaining about (I can be indecisive...)

Thus, the game will be:

@Fletcher as R2-K8

@Phntm888 as Kardassk

@Summer Silver as Sienn and Co.

@Primeval Stasis as Jeela

@Draidden as Vou

If you wish for your characters to know each other in same way, now's the time to speak up!