Game OOC

Rakle

9 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I'd be surprised if Bluff wasn't Kero's sole domain. Ulrica is useless at it. Yep, as far as bluff is concerned, the rest of us are vomit girl from Knives Out.

Maybe we can vote Kero in as 'The Face' and let him do all the talking?

For Bluff yes, but he doesn't have diplomacy. That's other people's domain (Halgana is quite good at that, and Malciar even better). I don't think any of us has intimidate either.

Remember you are talking to the receptionist. She is a gatekeeper. You just need to convince her that you need to talk to someone that can make a real decision.

Save the real effort for the decision maker, there are plenty of ways to boost bonuses such as aid. Also the group is in civilized lands, there are civilized ways to lower social skill DCs. 💰

So right now Ilyrana, Helgana, Kero, and Eliza are all inside, Ulrica and Malciar are on the doorstep, and Vergren is walking the perimeter?

Malciar and Vergren have Undeath Sense up, which may or may not penetrate the walls of the place, depending on interpretation.

35 minutes ago, Kistler said:

So right now Ilyrana, Helgana, Kero, and Eliza are all inside, Ulrica and Malciar are on the doorstep, and Vergren is walking the perimeter?

Malciar and Vergren have Undeath Sense up, which may or may not penetrate the walls of the place, depending on interpretation.

The walls are more than a foot thick of stone. Undeath sense, detect magic, detect undead or any other standard detection spell will not penetrate the walls.

Detect spells are not spreads so they don't go around corners. The windows that start 10' off the ground. If one flies by a window, you could detect it if you have a clean line of sight on it.

@Rakle @paladinred: I'm not all that familiar with witch spellcasting and I don't have access to my books at the moment, so I'm asking here. Is casting a hex obvious to bystanders? Or to people who know the caster and have seen her cast before? Just wondering how to react to this?

1 hour ago, farothel said:

@Rakle @paladinred: I'm not all that familiar with witch spellcasting and I don't have access to my books at the moment, so I'm asking here. Is casting a hex obvious to bystanders? Or to people who know the caster and have seen her cast before? Just wondering how to react to this?

Hexes are supernatural abilities that require a standard action (unless stated otherwise in the description) to activate. They don't trigger AoOs, but there is nothing secret about using them.

In the middle of a conversation, Ilyrana is suddenly stopping to do something that is directed at this woman. Party members have seen her use hexes before, so they will know what is happening. The receptionist won't know what is happening, but she will understand that it isn't normal behavior.

5 minutes ago, farothel said:

I thought that we were standing in line. So I'm not talking to the receptionist yet as there's a person who I don't know of course, right in front of me.

The waiting room is empty after the UPS guy has left. Vergren is off to buy a ladder. Malciar and Ulrica are hanging around outside. Kero snuck into the hallway but was noticed. Ilyrana, Halgana & Eliza are in the waiting room, and Ilyrana has charmed the receptionist.

Then I'll let Ilyrana play out her thing before I join in, so I don't break the spell. The spell won't work when I ask stuff if I read the description correct. It's only ILyrana who's the benificiary. So Halgana will wait a bit.

actually Vergren getting a ladder to wash windows can help Halgana's story should she need to.

'See, my uncle is a bit daft. he's even washing your windows for some reason. Probably because the voices in his head told him to."