Letters Page

TiffanyKorta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, drealynn said:

does the peter parker of this universe have his own family?

If I am permitted....

3 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Since The Daring Drow is *not* Peter Parker.... The Man in the Spider Suit is the Peter Parker of Earth-72.

In which case the answer is, none living. Peter's Parents died in 9/11, Aunt May got cancer from an illegal chemical dump and Uncle Ben was murdered to stop him from investigating and it was covered up to look like a mugging gone bad.

And if May is Peter's kid from an alternate Universe then this could be interesting.

@Roughtrade I guess I can't stop you from that detail, though I had thought the intent was to all be from different universes. :/ Patrick Merwood is supposed to be the mixing of Peter Parker and Matt Murdock, meaning there wasn't supposed to be a Peter Parker in this 'verse. But, it's just a goofy game. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over it.

*shrug

I don't see that it matters if we are all completely from different universes or not.

I do see the impact of having no Parker in the universe. That's why I wanted Uncle Ben as the Machine and made sure to keep Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy around. The other players will have these characters as intrinsic to their back story and removing them completely from the universe leaves a pretty big void. We're keeping the write ups pretty brief so I didn't make mention of them yet but I've got some ideas to throw out when we get things rolling.

5 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

I don't see that it matters if we are all completely from different universes or not.

Felt like an unspoken rule that we all needed to be from different places, for creative freedoms. I appreciate that you liked my idea enough to run with it, but don't appreciate that I now have to mash your Truths together with mine. The uniqueness has been stolen from me.

But like I said, this is a goofy little game so I'm trying to not let it get to me (and clearly not doing a good job of it).

5 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

I do see the impact of having no Parker in the universe. That's why I wanted Uncle Ben as the Machine and made sure to keep Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy around. The other players will have these characters as intrinsic to their back story and removing them completely from the universe leaves a pretty big void. We're keeping the write ups pretty brief so I didn't make mention of them yet but I've got some ideas to throw out when we get things rolling.

Again, as I stated before, Earth-72 works different. It's like the Amalgam universe. Specific heroes are all supposed to be merged with each other. That included their alter-egos. But as I said above, I now have to change how my world functions.

@TiffanyKorta I have only played proper PbtA games on a handful of occasions. (Star Worlds is a multi-layered hack that doesn't function quite the same way). I'm confused why people are adding "conditions" to the scene in the form of extra people? I thought conditions were supposed to be like "shot in the kneecap" and such, that each goon would gain before being taken out?

I personally think that the two worlds both of you have built are better separated so we can explore both more thoroughly at a later date.

And I think what has happened here is that people are defining the container that contains the conditions, so we have say Gunman with Hostage (2 conditions) and 2 x Rooftop Snipers (1 condition each). When the fight starts it will act just as say, a way to track "damage" you cause to the foe.

And for both I apologize when I threw this together I obviously missed a few vital details, I've never tried something like this so it's a learning experience for all of us!

7 minutes ago, TiffanyKorta said:

I personally think that the two worlds both of you have built are better separated so we can explore both more thoroughly at a later date.

Same. A world where Ben becomes a supercomputer helper a la Oracle from Batman is pretty cool, but just wasn't where I was going with mine.

And I think what has happened here is that people are defining the container that contains the conditions, so we have say Gunman with Hostage (2 conditions) and 2 x Rooftop Snipers (1 condition each). When the fight starts it will act just as say, a way to track "damage" you cause to the foe.

Gotcha. In that case I suppose we'll have 2x Guys with Guns on the street in front of Daring Drow.

And for both I apologize when I threw this together I obviously missed a few vital details, I've never tried something like this so it's a learning experience for all of us!

No worries, that's why I ask lots and lots of questions. I really like PbtA (I'm running Star Worlds after all) and the way it forces players to push the narrative.