Letters Page

TiffanyKorta

31 minutes ago, TiffanyKorta said:

I personally think that the two worlds both of you have built are better separated so we can explore both more thoroughly at a later date

Except that if the computer isn’t here than it makes a big difference in what I’m doing.

2 hours ago, TiffanyKorta said:

I'm not asking for any other changes in the backstory, just a slight shift in the Earth, it can even be the one next door!

Thought you knew me better than that. Now that I've had a couple hours to recalibrate....

Sketching some details and fill in later on the character thread.

Lean more heavily on the Nanites. Injected into the local hardware they write themselves into a virus/program to simulate The Machine. Or rebuild it. Command local surveillance nodes and data systems. Start looking for people in trouble. This gives us more complications to play with if dimensions do shift, The Suit will need some time to get invested.

This would have to mean that my character 'came across' earlier than today. Have to have been around long enough to find out the robbery was going to go down. Maybe a month.

It doesn't have significant impact on my initial post. DD is the 'hero' of this dimension, so he would have a digital footprint of some kind.

45 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Sooo, are we just ignoring the points I brought up or....?

No.

10 hours ago, TiffanyKorta said:

just a slight shift in the Earth

Tiff has supported you

7 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

my character 'came across' earlier than today --- Maybe a month.

I agreed.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:00 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

Old York City. The dual suns shone brightly in the purple-hued sky

Or did you mean this? Because it probably should get some reaction from the new arrivals.

@TiffanyKorta Okay, so the only version of PbtA I'm familiar with uses Vitality points for adversaries, and the Heroes inflict an amount of damage per the weapon.

How do Conditions work in this version? Does a success inflict 1 Condition? Does a Critical (i.e. 12+) still give you extra benefits? Etc. I have many questions lol.

21 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

@TiffanyKorta Okay, so the only version of PbtA I'm familiar with uses Vitality points for adversaries, and the Heroes inflict an amount of damage per the weapon.

How do Conditions work in this version? Does a success inflict 1 Condition? Does a Critical (i.e. 12+) still give you extra benefits? Etc. I have many questions lol.

26 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Results: WOO! 13!! That should be a Critical Success! I don't 100% know what that'll do for us in this game (I assume inflict 1 Condition???), but in other games it means you do your thing with an extra benefit. Perhaps that extra could be a second Condition? *shrug*

Yes! Thank you!

I am so unfamiliar with this system, I don't even know which questions to ask.

The rules are all covered here, both Mayday and Drow have caused two conditions on their target taking them out! As May has two with only a single condition she can manage both of them at the same time.

The idea is that fights are quick and easy, one roll hit or miss then onto the next round.

39 minutes ago, CharmingSatyr said:

I would also like some clarification. I interpreted it as "Use your powers however you want, but you only get bonuses when you spend luck".

I think this is correct. You add +4 when using Luck if you can apply a Power. Otherwise your Powers are just flavor which enable the fiction.

Drealynn

Just for curiosity, how much does May look like her mother?

Following the Person of Interest vibe, I was thinking that my Peter was in love with Gwen Stacy but had to go into hiding so faked his death.

But with the idea of making character connections, I could switch his 'lost love' to Mary Jane, if you wanted to go with it. If it ever came to a moment where we unmasked it would make a difference in how my character viewed yours.

And didn't we have a 'shout out' option on these to tag others?