Character Creation

TiffanyKorta

Creating a heroic Spider character is relatively easy consisting of three steps.

1. Assign 6 points to Physical, Agility, Reason, Psyche, and Movement. You can make one ability -1 to gain an extra point. No ability can go belove -1 or above +3.
  2. Choose 1 talent, a non-combat, that has a +2 when used in a roll. You may choose to split it into two talents of +1 instead.
  3. Choose 6 tags for powers and abilities that the character has.

You then need to provide a paragraph or two about "As you know..." basically the history of the character, if you're spinning off from one of the more famous Spiders it's totally legit to start at the point that everything changes from the canon.

Abilities
Physical - The body's strength and endurance.
Agility - Manual coordination as well as reaction speeds.
Reason - Perception, logic, and puzzle solving.
Psyche - Mental willpower and resistance to forms of coercion.
Movement - How quickly they move both raw foot speed and other forms of travel like climbing or swimming.

Edited by TiffanyKorta (see edit history)

6f7cf34bbfdb0663cf508aa685d75a93.jpg

HERO NAME Spider-girl
secret identity- Mayday Parker

ABILITIES

Physical 2
Agility 2
Reason 1
Psyche 1
Movement 0

POWERS

spider-sense

May can also repel herself like an opposing magnet, or she can repulse and adhere another object or person through a shared medium. For example, she can cause a person to stick to a wall they're touching just by touching that same wall and willing them to, or she can just as easily violently push them away.

enhanced physique

TALENTS

star athlete +1

charismatic +1

EQUIPMENT

Webshooters

high school student (cell phone, lap top etc..)

Earth M2 - It began when she was fifteen as the point person in the basketball game she was playing. She was weaving through every player and jumping unnaturally high thankfully only noticed by her parents. They were debating what to tell her about her powers when an enemy from the past attacked the small family. It was Normie Osborn who had taken up the mantle of his grandfather the Green Goblin. He managed to kidnap peter who had previously lost his leg in a battle with the original green goblin and retired to be with his family. Having been taught the famous phrase with great responsibility...at an early age Mayday didn't hesitate to go after her father. Instead of a fist fight she managed to talk Normie down eventually they reconciled and became friends. After that it was only a matter of time that Mayday donned the costume to follow in her father's footsteps.

Source spider-girl wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Girl_(Mayday_Parker)

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Araneo spacer.png

Secret Identity - None

ABILITIES

Physical 3
Agility 0
Reason 0
Psyche 1
Movement 2

POWERS

Demonic ConstitutionUnless the damage is done from one of his weakness, he is able to heal them completely.

They are: prayers, divine artifacts, fire, magic or psychic attaks.

VenomHis bite is poisonous potentially lethal (although he can adapt the strength of the poison) and he also can spit it as a long range attack.

Heat SenseHe is night predator, able to detect the presence of heat signatures in utter darkness and through walls.

Wall CrawlingLike a spider, he can walk in walls or ceillings.

Amorphous BodyHis body can become almost fluid, allowing his shape to adapt to different situations, like pass through extremely narrow spaces.

Mind ReadingTo better make bargains, he can pierce into any mind and extract important information, like deepest fears, immediate desires, better source of pleasure, etc...

TALENTS

+2 Bargaining

EQUIPMENT

None

Background

Araneo was never a human. He is a creature that is a mix of demon, spider and human. In one of his adventures, Peter Parker was on Hell facing a demon lord. During his perilous adventure there, he was bitten by a lowly demon form. His adventure proceeded with intensity, and after countless life and death confrontations, Peter Parker managed to defeat the demon lord, allowing him to escape from Hell. That was the beginning of Araneo's adventure, he evolved from that lowly demon form that bit Peter Parker to a powerful demon, infused with a mutant human DNA. A powerful demon hero with a good Samaritan heart (for a demon).

First he tried to save demons from themselves, but they were a selfish and violent type, that always didn't want to be saved. He did it anyway and suffered a lot of pain and failures, even from the standard of Hell, trying to fulfill his newly formed inner nature.

After many years trying to save demons and improving his powers, Araneo finally make a breakthrough. He was doing all wrong. After learning about the human race, Araneo decided he needed to use them to escape his prison, and finally be the hero he was destined to be. Eventually he managed to find a suitable target. Tommy Angelo, a person that betrayed mafia, and was trapped in a death situation. By making a bargain with Tommy Angelo, and saving him from certain death from mafia, Araneo secured his escape from hell.

Tommy Angelo was killed later at other attempt at his life, but Araneo already fulfilled his part of deal and was now free. Free to be a hero.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

spacer.png
Patrick Merwood
spacer.png
ABILITIES
Physical  2
Agility  1
Reason  3
Psyche  0
Movement -1
TALENTS
Lie Detector +2
POWERS & ABILITIES

Sixth Sense

Tremor Sense

Extreme Balance

Fear Immunity

Enhanced Physique

Ninjutsu

EQUIPMENT

Silk Whip (regenerates threads with nano-technology)

Slash-resistant Suit

Non-smart cell phone

Patrick Merwood was born on Earth-72, whose binary stars burned blue instead of red-yellow. The solar winds caused many shifts in what other universes consider normal.

Born blind, Patrick's family took a rare opportunity to send him to Magnus' Institute of Technology to undergo a new form of genetic therapy. A freak accident saw part of the teen's DNA overwrote with that of a spider. His muscles developed freakishly toned as did his sense of balance. Most interestingly, he gained the ability to "see" through extremely subtle echo-location and tremorsense. Shifts in weather patterns also started giving him migraines and his temper grew tremendously. Sudden loud sounds could completely overwhelm him.

The government wanted to study him, but Patrick wasn't about to become an experiment any longer. He broke free of the military and escaped into Queens with a handful of gadgets. After a few years of vigilante crimefighting he teamed up with The Knight of Punishment who helped outfit Patrick with a new suit.

The Daring Drow was born, bringing in any criminal the police couldn't, or drug their feet going after. Unfortunately, due to his penchant for violence, the papers started calling him the Neighborhood Devil.

Behind the advances in science, Patrick is just a man with anger issues. He has an average education, having taken some online study courses. He lives in poverty, eating whatever he can afford with the things he steals from the people he punishes. He cannot climb walls and has trouble running since the ground doesn't really move. His silk whip is great, but it just can't hold his weight to swing from, either.

Patrick tends to justify his extreme actions by saying the means justify the ends. He's been questioned about his methods on more than one occasion, and chased by the police--almost as much as the criminals he brings in.

spacer.png

PROWLING SPIDER

image.jpeg.a373760e65f2899c7d82c310f184137b.jpegAaron Davis

ABILITIES

Physical 2
Agility 2
Reason
Psyche 1
Movement 1

POWERS

Leaping
Stealth
Tracking
Enhanced Speed/Reflexes
Web-slinging

TALENTS

Criminal Underworld +1
Law Enforcement +1

EQUIPMENT

Battle Suit
Webshooting Gauntlets
Motorcycle

Voiceover Intro

"Alright. Third time's the charm, I guess. My name is Aaron Davis and, for three months, I have been the one and only Spider-Man. After years of working as a super-powered enforcer for the Kingpin, everything changed on some bougie Bronx rooftop when the Kingpin -- Wilson Fisk -- shot and killed my nephew Miles."

"It was there, clutching the dying body of my only nephew that I learned in the most painful way possible, that our actions have consequences. It is a lesson etched into my heart, and burned into my soul, and a lesson I'm teaching Wilson Fisk as I dismantle his criminal empire one racketeering enterprise at a time."

"I think you know the rest. Saved the city, rescued some people, can't look my brother or his wife in the eye anymore, wanted by the police, hunted by super-criminals, yadda yadda yadda. And that's my tale. Now, it's time to get to work."

Edited by CharmingSatyr (see edit history)

The Man in the Spider Suit aka Mister Silk

or "What if Spider-Man Noir met Person of Interest"

“Spider-Man Noir” está en desarrollo: será una serie para Prime Video -  Infobae

ABILITIES

Physical 1
Agility 2
Reason 2
Psyche 1
Movement 0

POWERS

The Machine The ability to know anything available on the internet.

God Mode: "Spider Sense" is based off of having information

Money = Power: Tony Stark level money is a Super-Power.

The Suit: Simulating the Venom Symbiote, the Suit makes him tougher, stronger, faster and reduces injuries. It is also capable of creating simple shapes and objects as well as short webs.

TALENTS

Hacking +2

EQUIPMENT

Guns. Lots of Guns.

Voiceover

We are being watched. The Government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find *you*.

His parents killed in the 9/11 tragedy. Aunt May died a slow death, poisoned by an illegal chemical dump. Uncle Ben fought a losing legal battle with the company but it was ended when he was killed by a mugging turned violent. Peter Parker became obsessed with developing a system which could watch over people and protect them from these seemingly random acts. A computer which could see everything and predict violence and tragedy before it occurred.

Money was needed. Peter hacked into the chemical company's data and flooded the internet with proof of their many abuses of criminal nature. But not before taking money which was intended for college and short-selling their stock. Using similar tactics against other corrupt companies, Peter soon became a billionaire but maintained it as a secret, using off shore accounts and false fronts to hide himself. Through these secretive buy-outs and using intermediaries, Peter took controlling interests in data-collection and built his machine.

Using his Uncle Ben as a guide, Peter gave the Machine a conscience. It saw everything but it had compassion. While the Machine does feed information to governments and law enforcement, it does so without letting them know how the information is gathered. Anonymous tips, highlights on a listening post, names inserted into reports. Individuals within The Government might suspect something is out there, but they do not know what. It doesn't stop them from looking. Letting them gain control of this power would be a disaster.

Finding perpetrators and reporting them to authorities did not give him peace. Peter had dreams, dreams which came across the Spider-Verse, dreams in which he was more proactive. It wasn't enough to watch, he had to act. Dreams of an alien suit inspired Peter in a new direction. Nano-technology.

The Suit is composed of nanites within his body and bloodstream. It manifests through his pores when he desires. Composed of completely terrestrial material, it mimics the abilities of Venom. It can shift and mold itself into many shapes and designs. It can allow him to dress in any fashion, but that is the least of it's capabilities. He can create small, hand-held, items, simple tools and even short 'webs' for movement. Knives, blades of any sort, 'brass' knuckles or clubs. These items last only seconds before turning into goo when detached.

Through the nanites within his bloodstream, Peter is also connected to The Machine. Given full access to the data, Peter can see anything anywhere that has a camera feed or connection. Listen to any phone call. Spy on any room with internet connection and a smart device. It can let him know when someone is in need of his help. This 'web' of information is his greatest power.

Additional Notes 

Still working some things out. Since he has faked his death as Peter Parker (in his world at least) he goes by a lot of aliases. When not in costume he uses Mr Web or Mr Peters or Mr Webster or Mr Peterson. Things like that which look normal enough. When he needs a name while in costume he uses Mr Silk.