Jump to content

Chapter 1: Orientation, Day 1


hoverfrog

Recommended Posts


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.pngCharacters Campus Directory - RPG CrossingAs part of the conditions of their acceptance into the Magaambya, the heroes are expected to perform their Perquisite, a period of public service to the school and to the people living around it. To help the heroes settle into these responsibilities, the academy asked the senior initiates in the heroes’ dorm to spend five days giving the heroes tasks for their Perquisite, then introduce the heroes to the Magaambya’s teachers on the sixth day so that the new initiates can start attending classes after a day of rest. Esi Djana suggested that the tasks for the Perquisites be used to help teach the heroes skills and magic important to each of the Magaambya’s five branches: Rain‑Scribes, Tempest‑Sun Mages, Cascade Bearers, Emerald Boughs, and Uzunjati. The other initiates agreed, though with varying degrees of enthusiasm.

The day after the heroes’ arrival, Esi tells them to meet her in front of the Spire Dormitory first thing in the morning.

When the heroes arrive outside the dormitory the next day, Esi and Haibram Thodja are waiting to greet them. "Ah, the green shoots blossom in the rain," a well-muscled and clean-shaven dwarven man calls out with a smile. He gives a friendly wave. "It was meant to be me and Root meeting you, but I guess not?"

"I swapped with Anchor Root," Esi replies, brushing the point aside before addressing the new students. "Over the next five days, you’ll be helping with each of the school’s five branches. Haibram and Anchor Root seek to join the Rain-Scribes. It’s the branch that explores the world and helps other travelers make their way through uncertain territories. That means Rain-Scribes have to work well with both nature and people."

Haibram continues, "We can really use your help. The Kafesi Market won’t deal with anyone they know is part of the Magaambya. Since you’re new, you should be able to get in without a problem. You’ll be looking for, er, chickens."


"Did you know there’s such a thing as endangered chickens? Of course, any chicken that comes too close to me is endangered," Haibram grins. "A farmer outside of Nantambu, Bisola, said her family used to keep Ojofiri chickens. Said they could hatch anything, even a dragon egg! I don’t know about that, but she wants to raise Ojofiris again, so we’re going to get her some. Ojofiri eggs aren’t very hardy and the birds aren’t good layers, so they mostly got put in soup and now there’s hardly any left. Well, we caught wind that someone at Kafesi has a few chicks. Go and bring some back."

The pair describes Ojofiri chickens as small fowl with white faces, dark blue feathers, and lavender combs; chicks should have dark blue feathers with a white underbelly. Haibram continues, "We need a breeding pair but the more hens the better. Get at least four chicks, the more you can get the more we'll have in future."

Esi steps in, "Have you heard of the Kafesi Market? It is a wandering bazaar. Students don't have the best history with the Kefesi Market but you're new and not known there." She hands over a pouch of 20 gold coins, "You'd better hurry. They might run out. Good luck."


OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

180xp from the aptitude tests.

Show Active Map

image.png.5365088fba56b64a6bc26be3f673dd59.png

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


Kaikara awoke refreshed and alert, her rigorous physical training the previous night had exhausted her, and, as such, she slept a full night, her doubts and insecurities about her placement at Magaambya held off by a fatigued, dreamless sleep. She crossed the hall to the north of her room, stripped of her armor, she had a lithe body, athletic, trim, her shoulders and back covered with scars, thick ridges, followed a pattern down her spine, flaring across her shoulder blades. She had a towel wrapped around her waist, and little else as she looked for the baths, she nodded, by way of greeting, at her fellow students, ignoring their incredulous stares at her immodest behavior. She had trained among barracks full of orc warriors, and modesty was not afforded to her, nor did she expect such from her companions.

She moved to the bath, scrubbing away the sweat from her intensive weapon training, and taking the time to soak, enjoying the lavender scented oils she found along the edge of the basin. Whose they were, she did not know, at least at this point but she enjoyed the scent, and hoped her fellows would not begrudge her a few drops in the bath. After almost half an hour, she exited, drying off, her long, coarse hair unbound, falling well past her shoulders, strands touching the small of her back. Once in her room, she took the time to braid her hair, pulling it back, fiercely, from her face, exposing the ridges and horns of her demonic heritage, she then layered overtop thick hide armor, reinforced with dull, steel, rivets, broad, buckled belts, high boots, with a rigid solid sole. She strapped a buckler to her forearm, took her long spear in one hand, and exited the room. She stopped in the hallway, darted back into her room, and grabbed a soft blue and gold cloak, worn thin in places, a token from her mother, wrapped it around her shoulders, and took the leather thong from which hung the bead given her by Teacher Ot and moved to the common room.

She ate breakfast in silence, nodding at the others, introducing herself to those who attempted conversation, then returned to attacking her breakfast of cured meats, cheeses and fruits. She nodded at the muscular dwarf, Green Shoots indeed, she thought. Likely a reference to their lack of experience, not, entirely, untrue, but not a moniker she wished to be called by. They had been introduced to Anchor Root the previous night, so she was a little concerned the skittish gnoll wasn't in attendance, and silently hoped that she would recover from what ails her. She returned her attentions to Haibram, who spoke of the Kafesi Market, Kaikara vaguely recalled she may have passed through it on the way to the Academy, but she couldn't be certain without travelling there again.

After the dwarven scholar had finished, Kaikara, who was leaning non-chalantly on her long spear, cleared her throat, before speaking. "And why, may I ask, does the Market refuse to deal with students of Magaambya? It was my impression that Magaambya protects Nantambu, and would be afforded some measure of respect and deference by the locals." She used the question to deflect her annoyance at the task ahead, fetching chickens from market? Was this some joke, how in the world, were tasks like this supposed to put her on the path to mastering that vague disquiet that rested in her chest, slowly, silently, scratching to be released.

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Alandri Malfore

AC: 15 HP: 12/12 Hero Points: 1

Fortitude: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Movement: 30ft |  Class DC: 17 Perception: +3

Skills: Acrobatics: +5*, Arcana: +6*, Athletics: +0, Crafting: +3, Deception: +7*, Diplomacy: +7*, Intimidation: +7*, Lore: Nantambe: +6, Medicine: +0, Nature: +3, Occultism: +3, Performance: +4, Religion: +0, Society: +3, Stealth: +2, Survival: +0, Thievery: +2

Active Effects: None Conditions: None

 

 

 


It was a rough night for the sorcerer. Sleeping in a bed that was no where near as soft as he was used to combined with his mind racing and reeling from his new life now at Magaambya. He only had a little bit of money on him and none of his possessions from his home. Maybe he could have his mom send him some of those. Discreetly. 

But this was his new life now and with a lot more alone time in a room smaller than he was used to living in he had time to think. Alandri was determined to prove himself to his asshole dad. Prove that his success was not because of his inherited status and wealth, but from his own merit. Laying down alone in a lumpy bed (in his opinion) was starting to give him some doubts as to his rash words to his father, but it was time to live with his decision. He couldn't help but lead with his heart no matter how stupid his father thought that might be and if he was honest how stupid he thought they might be.

The new change in his life of being at Magaambya, though dramatic with a some challenges from where he was just a few days ago, it wasn't all bad. Being the social butterfly that he is he has been enjoying meeting the people, well for the most part. The lovely Lilly was such a sweet heart despite all of the tragic things that had happened to her. The unshakeable optimism she portrayed was a soothing balm with all of the chaos he was experiencing in his life. Kiakara, though terrifying, Alandri respected her passion and conviction. Silas despite being an ass was secretly a welcome challenge. And Thandeka he was still working out in his head which still felt a little fuzzy.

Alandri did not have any extra clothes so he was forced to wear the same outfit that he wore yesterday. It was hard to accept the social fopaux. Wearing the same outfit two days in a row?! Well this was his life now and it was not like he had much of a choice. At least he could wash up. He grabbed a spare towel in his room and opened his door to head towards the baths, but just as he peaked out he saw Kiakara heading straight for it. In order to avoid the scary orc he simply waits in his room till he hears her leave and then sneaks in after she goes back into her room. He had to give it to Magaambya, this lavender bath was really nice. This makes up for the small room at least. 

Afterwards he heads back to his room, gets dressed and without thinking about it goes around the corner of his room to knock on Thandeka’s door. His hand hovers there as he realizes what he is about to do. He knew that walking her out to the Prerequisite was more than just a simple gesture of offering friendly pleasantries. Alandri knew himself and knew where his heart was. He shakes his head and says quietly to himself, “What are you thinking Alandri? Best to leave this one alone.” He walks away from the door and heads outside to meet with Esi.

As Esi and Haibram laid out the task of going out to the Kafesi Market to the group, Alandri started to get excited. Now this was something he was more than good at. He was born to make deals. When asked about who should hold onto the money satchel, Alandri immediately steps in and says, “Ah yes let me take the money. Being from a merchant family myself, I think the money is safest with me. Finding a good deal is second nature to me. Ill be sure to take good care of it.” 

And maybe I could find some nice spare clothes.


Mechanics

 

 

 

 

Edited by MinjaMan (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application Sheetspacer.png


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Thandeka, her wet hair wrapped in a towel, opens the door to her dorm room only to find that there's no one there. She sighs deeply, then goes back into her room to dress for breakfast.

Making her way to the common area, she sits quietly down by Kaikara and attempts to eat some jerky, hardtack, and dried fruit from her personal store of rations. She also drinks some water from her waterskin with her simple meal. Not too much, but just enough to allow her to swallow the dry meal. The priestess was unsure whether students were supposed to sup at the dining hall in the mornings as when they first arrived to Magaambya, so she follows her friend's lead.

And, to be honest, she wasn't exactly sure whether she felt comfortable eating with Lilly yet .

While still pondering her ongoing moral and theological dilemma, she absentmindedly acknowledges the other students when they attempted to start up conversations with the two girls. After a while the human finds herself accompanying Kaikara and the other newcomers just outside Spire Dormitory to meet Esi Djana and Haibram Thodja. The next thing she realizes is her friend yelling. "And why, may I ask, does the Market refuse to deal with students of Magaambya? It was my impression that Magaambya protects Nantambu, and would be afforded some measure of respect and deference by the locals."

It is at this point that the tall cleric wakes as if from a dream... or a nightmare? "I am sorry. What did you say? Endangered... chickens? What?"

 

Pathbuilder Character Sheet



 

Mechanics/OOC

Free Action:  n/a

Action: n/a

Bonus Action:  n/a


Main Hand: Open (Scimitar in sheath.)
Off Hand: Wooden Shield


Action 1: 

Action 2:

Action 3:

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

    spacer.pngSilas Foljet - Catfolk Thaumaturge Application  Sheet


AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4Perception: +4


The dormitory room was no different than the rest, but Silas did enjoy the luxury of having his own furniture and accoutrements shipped and set up ahead of time from the family estate. If he, as a Foljet, was going to be stuck here, it would be on his terms and, preferably, in his favorite divan. Silas also possessed the foresight to pick a room with a window that opens to grounds with a convenient bush obscuring it, in case he ever felt the need for a midnight jaunt.

The next morning Silas lazily stretches, nearly falls back asleep, and then shakes himself out, smoothing his fur and dressing before joining the waking world with his usual nonchalance. He listens attentively as Esi and Haibran detail the task at hand.

"I am familiar with the Khafesi, though I don't know any of them personally. There are not many merchants of any repute that we aren't familiar with, in truth."

Silas pauses, an exaggerated sour expression passing his face.

"As a corollary, that does mean the Khafesi may connect me with Magaambya. How many finely-dressed representatives of my kind frequent the region, after all? The Foljet name is publicly tied to the Academy as well as the mercantile trade. And so I reluctantly must agree with young Master Malfore; if we are to obtain these...chickens...and keep our allegiances unknown, then he should take the lead in negotiations. I will, of course, assist if needed."


Mechanics/OOC

OOC:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Free Action:

     
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite

Magaambya

cbTrWOE.pngCharacters Campus Directory - RPG CrossingEsi waves away Kaikara's question, "Oh, nothing really, just misunderstandings. Best not to advertise though."

Alandri takes the bag of money, significant wealth indeed, no doubt safest with someone familiar with merchants. Unusually he is supported by Silas.

 


Halram rolls his eyes at Thandeka's outburst, "Not heroic enough for you? These rare birds can be used in a variety of talismans, potions, and other magical tools and their fail feathers make excellent quills for the magical inscribing of scrolls. Having our own supply could save the Magaambya a fortune over the next few years."

 


OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

180xp from the aptitude tests.

Show Active Map

image.png.5365088fba56b64a6bc26be3f673dd59.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application Sheetspacer.png


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Taken aback at the dwarven student's snarling response to her last confused statement, Thandeka tries mightily to backpedal. "I'm... I'm sorry, Haibram. I meant no offense. I suppose I didn't get enough restful sleep last night. My apologies. Of course, we will do what you ask of us." She turns to her fellow classmates. "Won't we, everyone?"

She notes the presence of Silas, Kaikara... and, uh, Alandri. However, she also sees that Lilly isn't with the group, so she starts to get a little worried. Could she be ill? Can a "reincarnate" even get sick? "Excuse me, everyone. I... I need to find Lilly."

 

Pathbuilder Character Sheet



Mechanics/OOC

Free Action:  n/a

Action: Moves inside the dormitory to look for Lilly.

Bonus Action:  n/a


Main Hand: Open (Scimitar in sheath.)
Off Hand: Wooden Shield


Action 1: Tries to placate Haibram.

Action 2: Starts looking for Lilly.

Action 3:

 

 

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
DIPLOMACY
23
1d20+7 16
PERCEPTION
7
1d20+5 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Alandri Malfore

AC: 15 HP: 12/12 Hero Points: 1

Fortitude: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Movement: 30ft |  Class DC: 17 Perception: +3

Skills: Acrobatics: +5*, Arcana: +6*, Athletics: +0, Crafting: +3, Deception: +7*, Diplomacy: +7*, Intimidation: +7*, Lore: Nantambe: +6, Medicine: +0, Nature: +3, Occultism: +3, Performance: +4, Religion: +0, Society: +3, Stealth: +2, Survival: +0, Thievery: +2

Active Effects: None Conditions: None

 

 

 


Alandri smiles a little extra when he gets the bag of gold. He tucks it in an extra fold in his robes instead of having it tied on his belt. At least it's a start. "It's in safe hands." *Eye twinkle*

When Thandeka starts to make her way back, Alandri speaks up. "Thandeka, it might be best if we get going to the market. I am sure she is fine and she overslept. Well if she sleeps. I don't know, Esi and Haibram here can point Lily in the right direction. We can walk slowly if it makes you feel better."

(What is a good landmark that Alandri could suggest be a meeting place for Lily to meet us at?)
 


Mechanics

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


As Haibram extolled the virtues of the Ojofiri chicken, and it's many uses to the Academy Kaikara listened carefully, talismans and scrolls would prove useful, not to her specifically, but to her fellow students. She was still cautious about this supposed misunderstanding which had tainted the relationship between Magaambyian students and the Kafesi market, the fact that Esi avoided her question concerned her. A commander who deflected her soldiers questions often ended up with casualties, she would be sure to point this out to the studious, young, woman upon their return.

Still she was not overly concerned, given her buckled and cured hide armor, her weaponry, and her demeanor, many wouldn't believe she attended the Academy if she told them the truth. It would be very simple to fall in, ahead of the Malfore priss, and pass herself off as some sort of hired guard, whose services were paid for by Alandri's father to ensure that his son didn't get his teeth kicked in with his pompus, self-entitled attitude. She chuckled to herself as she prepared to lead the small group towards the market, using her long spear, and her physical demeanor to clear the way so the group was not crowded on all sides. When Thandeka excused herself to find Lilly, Kaikara tried to block her path, "She will find us, she knows where we are going. She is a resourceful, intelligent young woman, have faith in your cohort."

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application SheetThandeka Sun-Steel


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Although Alandri's words make sense, the straightforward priestess is still inclined to follow her instincts to help her... "friend", if she truly needed help. However, Kaikara's kindly advice struck home with Thandeka. Lilly, no matter what, was, indeed, "resourceful" and "intelligent". "You're right, of course. Both of you, Kaikara and... and Alandri." She blushes slightly when she mentions the elf's name, and she lowers her gaze from the handsome sorcerer and turns her face slightly away. "Um, yes. We have a 'mission'... or perhaps, an assignment. Shall we go, my new friends?" She then turns towards the wily catfolk thaumaturge. "You are coming, too, aren't you, Silas? I'm sure that we can truly succeed if we have your invaluable experience and expertise with us."

 

Pathbuilder Character Sheet



Mechanics/OOC

Free Action:  n/a

Action: n/a

Bonus Action:  n/a


Main Hand: Open (Scimitar in sheath.)
Off Hand: Wooden Shield


Action 1: 

Action 2: 

Action 3:

 

 
Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: The Perquesite

Magaambya


Characters Campus Directory - RPG CrossingHalram takes a step back, "No harm done, think nothing of it."

"And here is Lilly now," the halfling aberration waves meekly, falling into step behind you as you set off for the market.

Kafesi Market is a travelling market comprised of simple wooden tables that serve as stalls, sheltered under a cluster of large, colourful umbrellas. The market’s current location in Nantambu wanders around from site to site. You must ask around among the locals to locate it today.

OOC

You can Gather information with a Diplomacy check or wander around and make a Perception check. If you stay together please make a single check. Others can Aid (DC15 in this case). This represents how long it takes you to find the market. If you split up you will have more checks but may find the market at different times unless you can think of some way of communicating with the other group.

 


OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

 

 

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

 

 

Alandri Malfore  

 

 

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

180xp from the aptitude tests.

Show Active Map

image.png.5365088fba56b64a6bc26be3f673dd59.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1


AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +0/+2/+1/+4/+1/+1 | F/R/W: +4/+5/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Intimidate +4, L:Farming +7, L:Milling +7, Occult +7, Society+7, Stealth +5, Survival +4, Thievery +5
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Performance +1, Religion +1

It had been her first morning on academy grounds and she couldn't stay bottled up in her room. Its not that it was too small for her. In fact, it was quite the opposite, it felt strange being in a room that was so enormous! The mere fact that she was there and that soon she would begin her training had filled her with excitement and she couldn't settle down.

As she left her room and stepped out of the building into the very, very, early predawn light she hummed along with the musical accompaniment that she created. *I won't go far... and I'll make certain I'm back soon...* She took a deep breath and grinned, in her own way, her eyes and lower nostril folds creased, small indications of her happiness in the moment.

Indeed, she really hadn't gone far but she had lost track of time, despite the situation. She'd discovered a small garden and had lost herself in the plants surrounding her, vague reminders of what her life had once been, so long ago. It brought up long buried childhood memories, simple and joyous, full of sun and song with her family. Before she had realized it the morning had come and she knew without a doubt that she would be late as she hurried back to the dormatory.

"Sorry if I've delayed things! My apologies to everyone, Esi and Haibram." Lilly waved meekly as she joined them and gave a quick bow to Esi and Haibram. Her accompanying music faded away to silence as she blushed, embarrassed at her tardiness. "I went for a walk quite early this morning and explored the grounds. I found a small garden and it brought back some wonderful memories, sitting there and watching the morning unfold with the plants. I don't want to cause further delay, where as we going and what are we up to? Is it like yesterday or is it different?" Clearly she was excited, her words almost tumbling over one another as she asked about the days activities ahead.


OoC

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???


Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')


Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

 

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


Kaikara did not smile at Lilly, she had learned that such an expression, with her large, protruding incisors, could often be seen by others, unacquainted with the Matanji, as threatening. Instead she nodded her head, pleased to see Lilly join them, then, gently, nudged Thandeka with an elbow, a silent, but knowing, 'I told you so,' before continuing through the market towards their destination. Staying with the group, she tried her best to lead the group towards the wandering bazaar, the Kafesi Market. However, on the way there, she noted several merchant stalls that she would like to visit, shoulder her studies permit. A clothier, several different colors and textures drawing her attention, soft, brightly colored silks, fluttering in the breeze. Some jewelers, silver and steel adornments, rings, torcs, charms and talismans. Others were just fascinating, clock work insects with wings of glass, gems that refracted light into a rainbow-like spectrum that projected on to a wall, colored glass blown into the shape of a butterfly, that could be hung in a window. Objects that, while beautiful, were virtually unseen in her Matanji upbringing, as such, frivolities, as her father would have called them, did not aid in the defense of the Mwangi Expanse, the Matanji's sacred duty.

She focused on the crowds, ensuring that nobody approached Malfore and the bulging purse of coin that had been provided them, scanning, looking for the barter that she would expect from a wandering bazaar, paying particular attention to those who had livestock, specifically, fowl, in cages or in their arms, hoping to locate the merchants who were dealing in Ojofiri chicks.

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)
Name
Perception (Seek)
15
1d20+7 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Alandri Malfore

AC: 15 HP: 12/12 Hero Points: 1

Fortitude: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Movement: 30ft |  Class DC: 17 Perception: +3

Skills: Acrobatics: +5*, Arcana: +6*, Athletics: +0, Crafting: +3, Deception: +7*, Diplomacy: +7*, Intimidation: +7*, Lore: Nantambe: +6, Medicine: +0, Nature: +3, Occultism: +3, Performance: +4, Religion: +0, Society: +3, Stealth: +2, Survival: +0, Thievery: +2

Active Effects: None Conditions: None

 

 

 


Leading the way, Alandri started into the city to ask around for information on the Kafesi Market and where they could find it. Using his charm he starts to ask around.


Mechanics

 

 

 

 

 

Name
Gather Information
12
1d20+7 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application SheetThandeka Sun-Steel


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Thandeka smiled quietly at Lilly's exuberant recount of her morning adventures as she explained her tardiness to the meeting with Esi and Haibram. The priestess found the small witch's joy infectious, and started wondering about her initial doubts and misgivings about her newfound friend and classmate. Perhaps Thandeka was wrong about Lilly and about... certain other "undead". Then the cleric had an epiphany -- could Thandeka be prejudiced? But that would be unthinkable! It would go against all she was taught about her goddess, Sarenrae. The Dawnflower was, above all else, a goddess who teaches temperance and patience in all things. Compassion and peace are her greatest virtues, and if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, they should be.

Who was Thandeka to pass unilateral and unequivocal judgment on another being? Had she... sinned?

Shamed at her previous behavior, she promised to atone for her weakness after they had completed their mission for Magaambaya this morning.

Sheepishly she holds out her hand to Lilly, hoping that the reincarnated soul would take it out of friendship. Then, craning her neck, she follows Kaikara's lead, helping the half-orc warrior to find the merchant who has the rare Ojofiri chickens.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
PECEPTION (Seek Ojofiri chicken merchant)
13
1d20+7 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...