On the Road Again

Rakle

spacer.pngUlrica Wiesbaden, Grey Maiden and Templar of Arqueros.

Ulrica Wiesbaden, smiles at the thought, then shrugs. "We can't afford an airship, either to buy such a thing or to watch over it when we're fighting inside a building or a mountain. Thing would bankrupt us if we lost it", she drawls, all languid and unconcerned. Somewhat late to the conversation topic, she only now comes out with.... "Anyway, we can't decide anything until Vigil. So, let's ride.".

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Story

The group heads south towards Vigil. The route to Vigil cannot be described as a road. It is more of series of horse trails through the foothills of the Hungry Mountains. Patrols to and from Gallowspire are the primary traffic on these paths. The area is sparsely settled so no real merchants work these routes. Maybe a tinker or two works between a hamlet or two.

Mid-morning on the second day, the group rides into Vigil. The trip had been uneventual as the road (as usual) was empty of traffic. After spending so much time in the frontier fighting orcs, and later the undead, the city of whitewashed granite walls and buidings has become a strange sight. After crossing the moat, the group passes through a gate for the first whitewashed granite wall. Now inside the first ring, everyone rides pass the gardens, and animal pens of the first ring. Then the second city wall approaches. Passing through that gate, they enter the city of nearly 10,000 lives.

Ooc

The group is now in Vigil. Functionally, this where the party has sold their loot and made any purchases.

Party Status

Ulrica88/88 hp; hero: 2

Ilyrana: 64/64 hp; hero 3

Malciar  56/56 hp; hero 2; dv90

Vergren: 82/82 hp; hero 3; dv60

Kiero: 80/80 hp; hero 3

tbd / hp; hero 3

spacer.png"Hoofing it would give me some time to get some work done, so I wouldn't object to that. That said, I should be able to animate a ship and give it the ability to fly if you really want an 'airship'. Definitely not the cheapest of options, and it'd likely take nearly as long as just making the trek."

Shrugging slightly, the sorcerer smiled blandly as he surveyed the city. As a half-orc, visiting a city that spent a not insignificant amount of lives holding back the orc hordes of Belkzen hadn't exactly been high on his list of things to do, but such was life. Hopefully none of the locals held too much of a grudge against his ancestry.

| AC : 13 | Spell Slots1 : 7/7
2 : 7/7
3 : 6/6
4 : 4/4
| HP : 56/56 |

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Vergren Holybrew - Dwarven Warpriest 8

HP: 82/82 | AC: 23/15/19 | Speed: 20ft | Hero: 3/3 | Spells: 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +12 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +7 | Will: +11 

Fervor Pool: 8/8 | Blessings: 9/9 | Sacred Armor 8/8 | Sacred Weapon 8/8

Conditions| Consumables | Spells | Bonuses| Skills

Vergren trots along on his sturdy mule as they come down from the Hungry Mountains and into the city of Vigil. "Ah, there it is. City of Sigil. Just like I remember it." He pauses, "Yeah, I've never been here before. Seems nice." he says, inspecting the stone of the walls with an expert's eye. "A trip to the market and a night at the inn? Then back on the road tomorrow? The more coin we save now, the sooner we can buy that airship. Maybe one with sails to ride on Gozreh's breezes." He muses, ecologically conscious dwarf that he is.

OOC/Actions

Other: I haven't done any shopping at this level in pathfinder before. Thinking about boots of striding or pearls of power. Any advice on what I should spend money on?

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard: 

Full Round:

Bucket

Is my mule.

-Bedroll

-Winter Blanket

-MW Chain Shirt

-Fishing Net

-Mess Kit

-Soap

-Waterskin

-Gallon of Ale

-10x Dwarven Trail Rations

-1 Bottle Oldlaw Whiskey

-5lb Powdered Silver

-Bit and Bridle

-10x Feed

-Military Saddle

-Saddlebags

Gear

Worn

-Mithral Agile Breatplate

-Belt of Incredible Dex +2

-+1 Buckler

-Cleric's Vestments

-Cloak of Resistance +1

-Ring of Prot. +1

-Holy Symbol, Flask

Weapons

-MW Cold Iron Trident

-MW Dagger

-Throwing Axe

-+1 Darkwood Dwarven Light Pelletbow

-MW Composite Longbow

Containers

Bandolier 1

-Potion of CLW x4

-Potion of Reduce x2

-Tanglefoot Bag x2

Bandolier 2

-25 Cold Iron Sling Bullets

-15 Cryptstone Sling Bullets

Belt Pouch

-Flint and Steel

-Magnet

-String

-15,525.47gpProbably not all carried here...

Handy Haversack

-124 Cold Iron Sling Bullets

-28 Crypstone Sling Bullets

-6x +1 Animal Bane Arrows

-2x +1 Human Bane arrows

-3x +1 Undead Bane arrows

-Holy Symbol, Pipes

-Holy Book of Gozreh

-Mug of Dwarven Stout

-Silk Rope

-Wind Chimes

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

Ulrica resplendent in her polished armor, razor sharp weaponry while riding atop a resplendently prancing warhorse is smiling faintly in this 'soldier city'. She murmurs into the ongoing conversation "The deathless can live a little longer on borrowed time waiting our arrival. Besides its impractical to take an airship along when you room clearing, they cost a fortune and attract a lot of attention.. more downsides than upsides".

fHoXoT0.jpg

Ilyrana Shazowyn and Drogo

Basic Statblock Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2051255
Name/Race: Ilyrana Shazorwyn/Elf
Class: Witch 8
Relevant Effects: Fey Sighted (has Detect Magic in constant use)
Deathwatch Eyes Constant deathwatch as the spell out to 30'
Flight used 0/5
Wand Charges 34/50
Health 53/55

Ilyrana glanced here and there as they entered the city, Drogo sat on her right shoulder peeking through his hood "I shall find us an Inn" Ilyrana declares and heads off to find a decent Inn.

Kero Swiftfoot

cPY1jYX.jpg.943a3203de222317d487cfe1c6ae0e01.jpgKero Swiftfoot  HP: 80/80   Saves: Fort 3, Ref 11, Will 4  AC: 26, 17(touch), 20 (flat-footed)
Initiative: 5, Speed: 30 Perception: +15

Kero quietly following behind the others keeps his eyes open against pick pockets or urchins trying to take advantage of travelers, as the group discusses where to stay for the night, he speaks up. "I'll go with Il..lyrana." then skips off behind her in an almost childlike way.

Name
Perception
1d20+15 8

spacer.png

Chishige Kaesato contemplated her current position. With her task done, the journey back to Tian Xi would be long and difficult, and already she'd found the roads of this country a difficult set to travel. Not just from dangers on the road, but her desires to right some of the wrongs she saw on her way here. This land...it was corrupted, and needed someone to try and cleanse it.

Of course she had her own loyalties and duties to attend to, but she had arrived here much earlier than expected. It left some opportunities open for her to perhaps do something. On her own would be ineffectual though. She would need to seek out allies. But for now she brewed tea in the common room of the inn she is staying at.

Ulrica entered the inn, the one selected Ilyrana and the newcomer Kero. She's one of those women whom the term amazon was coined for, being tall and broad across the shoulders. If her face took after the rest of her she'd too manly for most men. However, her face shows a lot of elven blood, which adds an aquiline nose, high checkbones and arching eyebrows to the mix making her look like a poster girl for the Iomedans instead. She's not that though.. she wears the runes and symbols of Arqueros, an Empyreal Lord.

She gives the common room an indolent once over so laid back it's almost prone. She wears the garb and ultra heavy armour of a Grey Maiden, bodyguard to the evil Queen of Korvosa, now slain, her passing unlamented by all. If she is here in Vigil, then she is a member of the Scarlet Rose faction, which seeks redemption and not the Erinyes Company, which doubled down on villainy to serve the Queen of Cheliax. Still, she seems like an odd member of the Grey Maidens, who generally fight with longsword and shield, since she has a fauchard, a lethal polearm over her should as well as a shield, a particularly difficult combination.

In other places the tavern would quiet into silence at her entry, so heavily armed and armoured is she, but this is Vigil, a soldier's city. Even so, she has the look and bearing of someone who could hold a bridge alone for an extended period.

The tavern seemed short on possible replacements for Tral, the Tengu Ranger, who'd gone his own way following the staking of Strahd. Still, you never knew. She flicked a glance at the Tian samurai at one of the tables. Tianese longswords tended to encourage court levels of politeness in any who encountered a naked one, so that was something. She nods in that worthy's direction and makes her way to the bar, glad to be somewhere more hospitable than the last bar she'd been at, where she'd considered for a lengthy spell cutting the gypsy toughs there in pieces bite sized for a leech. But this was Vigil. Her battleaxe on her belt, is bound around with fabric as is her honour knife. The javelins on her back and the chakrams on her belt completed her armed to the teeth look and then some.

fHoXoT0.jpg

Ilyrana Shazowyn and Drogo

Basic Statblock Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2051255
Name/Race: Ilyrana Shazorwyn/Elf
Class: Witch 8
Relevant Effects: Fey Sighted (has Detect Magic in constant use)
Deathwatch Eyes Constant deathwatch as the spell out to 30'
Flight used 0/5
Wand Charges 34/50
Health 53/55

Ilyrana looked at the small figure now on her tail, with a smile on her face she says "so Kero, tell me about yourself, what is your skillset and do you like to drink wine" she asks as she begins to giggle. Her spontaneity shows when she has too much time on her hands, it very often leads to her doing things she will regret. Like jumping into bed with whom ever she has her eye on, upon entering the Inn a bath was what she wanted. Then food then.......who knows?

Ilyrana asks for a room she can share with another woman, most likely Ulrika or the new girl Chishige. She looked like another swords woman of some sort, what ever happened to witches, no one seemed to become a witch anymore.

Kero Swiftfoot

cPY1jYX.jpg.943a3203de222317d487cfe1c6ae0e01.jpgKero Swiftfoot  HP: 80/80   Saves: Fort 3, Ref 11, Will 4  AC: 26, 17(touch), 20 (flat-footed)
Initiative: 5, Speed: 30 Perception: +15

Kero seems to come to a screeching halt when asked about himself.. Nobody really cared to know about Kero enough to ask, mostly what he could bring to the table. His mind went back to what brought him here to this day. Looking up at Ilyrana he almost panics as his face slightly turns red, more like a look of shame. The studder in his voice seemed to vanish as if becoming clear as day. "I grew up in Taldor.. My family were slaves.. I escaped, my family knew our lord was harsh, and urged me to leave. I evaded law enforcement and early on took up thievery."

I came to Lastwall where I continued to hone my skills and became an adventurer, no longer having to scrounge and steal for my food, I was making an honest living."
says Kero. "I have no idea if the lord punished my family for my departure, and I can't send money to them if they were alive, because last I know, the lord would take it away, or punish them."

As he was finally able to start walking again to their destination, his face became a normal tone and he says, "I am hoping to eventually find someone I can trust to help purchase my family's freedom, but the lord has more money than he needs, so the price is steep."

"I have pretty much become a scout of sorts and even dabbled in alchemy, I can make things go boom." he says, his eyes light up at the thought and a strange smile appears across his face.

Story

Most of the inns in Vigil can be described a neat, orderly - functional. There are some more expensive ones catering to nobles and visiting dignitaries. Then are are cheaper ones but even those ones aren't seedy. It takes some effort to find a true dive. Fighting is not tolerated in the dining and drinking rooms in the inns. Someone has to go to one the tougher taverns if they are looking for fight. Even then it is less common than expected due to discipline and enforcement of law.

The city is crawling with warriors of all levels of skill and experience. However very few of the skilled and experience warriors in Vigil are looking for employment as adventurers. Usually it requires finding them when they have just arrived in the city, or when they are about to leave it.

Occassionally Malciar receives a glare or a stare for his heritage, but no one comments or acts upon it. He is free to go about his business without incident.

Ooc

FYI: Vigil was originally a fort, and the crusade built a city here to be their HQ. The crusade and leading the crusade is the business of Vigil Builds are stone to prevent fire. Streets are laid out for troop and supply movement The land is ruled by the crusade. Anyone that wants to be a citizen of Vigil must swear an oath to crusade and receive a magical tattoo. Only citizens can own property or run a business.

Party Status

Ulrica88/88 hp; hero: 2

Ilyrana: 64/64 hp; hero 3

Malciar  56/56 hp; hero 2; dv90

Vergren: 82/82 hp; hero 3; dv60

Kiero: 80/80 hp; hero 3

tbd / hp; hero 3

Ulrica shrugged at the bar, the lack of response from the samurai she'd nodded to a little suprising, but not something that would come close to irking her, since she herself had lost nothing from it... she was already a member of a company after all. She then enjoys a night in a bed in a safe city, the first in a while. With the morning she gets up and taking her coin with her, heads off to purchase her magic for the fight ahead, a long way ahead since they were riding overland, taking in the sights.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Vergren Holybrew - Dwarven Warpriest 8

HP: 82/82 | AC: 23/15/19 | Speed: 20ft | Hero: 3/3 | Spells: 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +12 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +7 | Will: +11 

Fervor Pool: 8/8 | Blessings: 9/9 | Sacred Armor 8/8 | Sacred Weapon 8/8

Conditions| Consumables | Spells | Bonuses| Skills

A bit later Vergren walks into the inn, trailed by a fresh-faced and rather weedy-looking human youth wearing a breastplate about two sizes too large for him. The dwarf grins proudly as he leads the young man in, looking for an open space in the crowded common room. The only spot he sees is a table where a dangerous looking Tian woman sits alone. He plunks himself down and reaches out a stubby-fingered hand, "I'm Vergren and this is Arthur." He says with a gesture at the youth. "Can we share your table and buy you a round? We're adventures. Going to hunt some powerful vampires in the west. Found Art here down by the market looking to join up. Got a good feeling about him." He says, slapping the youth hearily on the back, and making him wince and rub his shoulder. "Go get us a round at the bar, lad." The boy stands up and his scabbard catches on the chair behind him, flipping and dropping his sword on the floor. He ducks down to scrabble after it, picking it up awkwardly and bouncing his head off the edge of the table. He stands up rubbing his head, sheathes his sword, and then ineffectually tries to press through the crowd to get to the bar. "Yeah, he needs some training up, but he's gonna be a dangerous one, that boy." He looks over at his table companion, "So what brings you here to Vigil?

OOC/Actions

Other: still need to figure out what to shop and what to craft.

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard: 

Full Round:

Bucket

Is my mule.

-Bedroll

-Winter Blanket

-MW Chain Shirt

-Fishing Net

-Mess Kit