OOC

Jedaii

15 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Thank you for applying! Her backstory was ... 🥰 X-Force is still around? Haven't followed comics in a while, but Lia kind of reminds me of Forge (intuitive genius), who was an old member of X-Force.

Ehehe. ^^ I could see the Forge comparison! He's still around, though not on the team's current roster. ^^ Sage's current state could be described as 'long suffering'. The current X-Force started out under Beast, but he's gone... amazingly supervillain. He tried to use X-Force to take over a country, set up his own black ops prison for weapons testing, sent the team on knowing suicide missions and when he was about to finally get called on all of that, he's ended up going rogue creating his own Weapon X program staffed by clones of himself and feral plant clones of Wolverine.

And no, this wasn't Dark Beast. We saw Dark Beast. Regular Hank is just... feeling supervillain-y. ^^

... This era of X-Men books is... well it sure is something! Point is, Sage was Beast's second in command for all of that, repeatedly tried to point out his unethical behavior, but got nowhere. Also got partially blamed for his behavior, since... well, superior officer but 'I'm only following orders' ain't a great defense for some of that stuff. She's been stuck in a chair, yelled at, and not even really gotten proper vengeance on Beast (that plot got shifted to Wolverine) Been wanting to see her get more field time and get to do more for a while, so Lia having similar powers is a good excuse to search back her earlier appearances! I can get ideas and some satisfaction

Working on Lia as much as I can. Paradoxically, weekends are kinda my busy time. I've got a rough draft of her mechanics together and am putting down some complications for now. I also really wanna do the 'react to other characters' thing, but want to make sure I've got Lia nice and together before I start giving her opinion on other characters. ^^

Hi everyone 🥸

Looking to put in an app. I may have to scrap my first idea since it looks like some of the other characters cover what his concept was going to be. Excited to see more M&M on Baldr!

5 minutes ago, Choomie said:

Hi everyone 🥸

Looking to put in an app. I may have to scrap my first idea since it looks like some of the other characters cover what his concept was going to be. Excited to see more M&M on Baldr!

Hey Choomie! Just make sure to create a character you really want to play 🙂

Just to chime in here while I work on filling the backstory in and keeping waffling on miniscule mechanical matters, I figured I'd say hey.

I'm Khakhan, or Khan for short. Been playing MnM for a good long while, know a couple of the folks around here from the game I'm currently running. Gonna be running with a Wonder Girl type character (if that wasn't already obvious from art choices, which I hope won't count too hard against me, those are some of my fav pics of Cassie being awesome), to sorta play with some of the Greek mythology that Freedom and Emerald City feature fairly heavily.

23 minutes ago, Khakhan said:

Just to chime in here while I work on filling the backstory in and keeping waffling on miniscule mechanical matters, I figured I'd say hey.

I'm Khakhan, or Khan for short. Been playing MnM for a good long while, know a couple of the folks around here from the game I'm currently running. Gonna be running with a Wonder Girl type character (if that wasn't already obvious from art choices, which I hope won't count too hard against me, those are some of my fav pics of Cassie being awesome), to sorta play with some of the Greek mythology that Freedom and Emerald City feature fairly heavily.

Welcome Khan! Gods make the best superheroes, right? If you have any questions regarding the setting, please ask 🙂

7 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

Welcome Khan! Gods make the best superheroes, right? If you have any questions regarding the setting, please ask 🙂

Absolutely! I'm pretty well versed with the generals of the setting, but I do have some stuff for the specifics of this game.

I know it's 2023, but whereabouts in the year is it? January? May? December?

2 minutes ago, Khakhan said:

Absolutely! I'm pretty well versed with the generals of the setting, but I do have some stuff for the specifics of this game.

I know it's 2023, but whereabouts in the year is it? January? May? December?

The adventure begins in early June 2023.

I'm adding an option from the Gamemaster's Guide, Knockback:

Super-powerful attacks can send opponents flying. A character failing a Damage resistance check by two or more degrees may be knocked back. The distance is based on the rank of the effect and the target’s mass and durability. Take the Damage rank and subtract the target’s Toughness rank +2. Subtract the target’s Growth rank (if any). In addition, effects such as a Feature defined as extra weight or density should subtract its rank. Add the Strength modifier of a character with Shrinking (so +2 for a character with Shrinking 8, for example).

The target is knocked back that distance value. A result of –5 or less results in no knockback. –4 or –3 means the character falls prone in roughly the same spot (although a knockback distance of a few feet may matter if the character is standing on a ledge, for example). So a knockback result of 5 means the character is knocked back 900 feet! (distance value 5).

The character suffers additional damage equal to the knockback result or the Toughness of any obstacle (such as a wall), whichever is greater. The obstacle suffers damage equal to the original attack (which may damage or break it). If the character breaks through the obstacle, he keeps going the remainder of the knockback distance. If the obstacle is another character, treat the result as a slam attack (see M&M Hero’s Handbook, page 198) doing damage equal to the original attack to both parties. The character ends up prone and must get back up normally.

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

Okay, this is a big ask:

I got my initial concept down, but I am extremely over budget (by 80+ points last I checked). Can anyone assist me with either cutting some powers, or correcting ranks so that I can get that budget gap way down?

Okay, created a custom character sheet and then made my character. But this was all done way past when I should have gone to bed and after a day of hard labor. Please feel free to peruse and nitpick. I'm willing to defend my work but right now I'm brain-dead and even when I'm fresh I tend to miss my obvious mistakes when I'm rereading MY stuff.

11 minutes ago, Choomie said:

What would you say is the ideal tone for this game?

Very "Silver-Age": think a shade more optimistic and less lethal than Justice League - Animated. Emerald City is this socially-progressive and technologically-dependent city that hasn't been scarred by super-crime. They've been in LaLa Land 😀 The "Silver Storm" event changes everything because it introduces all the ridiculous, over-the-top drama super-criminals bring to a setting, Very quickly, the city sees up-close what Freedom City's been dealing with for decades!

It's YOUR job to push back the nightmare and protect Emerald City from turning into hell on Earth. Remember a time in your life when everything was good, then sh*t went pear-shaped? Remember how pear-shaped felt? Your job is to (1) keep Emerald City residents from feeling the End is near and (2) not compromise what's important to your PCs in the process - because I'm pushing buttons like a psychotic hacker 😈