OOC

Jedaii

Got to be honest, my first idea when I saw this game was also a being that was what the ancients were trying to describe when they invented the word Angel. A bit too close to another concept. 😛

Feel free to swing by Ollie Wells / Enki. Comments, Critique, and Ideas are Welcome.

Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)

Hm. It might have worked okay. Would lead to some rather interesting conversations! 😂

I rather like the idea that's forming that maybe Seraph wasn't always the innocent, even naive, kind-hearted angel she is now. Maybe that's tied to the Forgetting somehow?

I can totally see something like that, if admittedly it's dependent on both being picked.

For those that haven't read it yet, the short version of the character I have in mind is a band roadie named Ollie Wells who thinks he's just a mutant with the ability to convert his body mass to an inert puddle of water and back again. But actually he's a reincarnation of Enki, the Ancient Sumerian God of Water. He just doesn't remember that he's a god (yet).

As I was picturing it, the reason he doesn't remember his godhood is that divine amnesia is a side effect of reincarnating as a mortal, but it certainly could have been helped along.

Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)

I didn't realize you had a similar event in the past. If I had to guess, right now, I think the idea that is shaping up for me is that Seraph had once become a tyrant. Was she corrupted in battle with someone? Was she always one of the conquerors of her race? I thought about that. Perhaps she encountered the entity later known as Nefarox and something strange happened in their battle and they switched places: he became the smothering evil force and she was given a chance to live her life the way she wanted to?

Perhaps more likely is that something made her realize she'd become the very thing she hated, and so she surrendered all that power and her memories so she could start again. The Forgetting was not an external event, but an internal one. It could be possible that it was a mutual pact with another godlike entity to learn humility. Buuuuuut I suppose I shouldn't get too carried away yet. It's just hard not to want to build connections!

Ahhhh, now I have this idea of all these ancient supernatural entities, many of them deific, deciding to join their powers on a pact of Forgetting because they've all become Grade-A jerks. They figure they need to learn some kind of lesson, and so this strange pantheon surrenders much of their power and purpose to begin with a fresh start.

Would love to throw my hat in here. M&M is probably the game I most want to play, despite it being the game I most often play here.

There seems to be quite a bit of competition for my initial concept(a psychic who graduated from the Claremont Academy and moved out to Emerald City, now that they have control over their powers), and I dislike stepping on toes. Would rather diversify concepts.

So instead, I'm leaning towards an idea I've used before, that is a Gadgeteer-type build. Haven't seen many folks going for the Smart Guy archetype, but they're handy to have on a team. I hope to have a thread up some time in the next day or so, time permitting.

Ah geez, I probably should've asked about this earlier. How's Emerald City's entertainment scene like, if it's ever described? Finding myself hitting a wall over and over, realized it might be because I'm unsure if the setting ever explores this, and am worried I might be contradicting stuff. Not the most rational reason, but nerves don't really need one.