Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

Sorry, follow-up question: Did Otto do Shock to any bandit? (Shock 2 vs. AC 15)

Trying to figure out if his weapon is effective or if he needs to switch to a different one.

I echo Tecumseh's thanks regarding the map - super helpful!

The dice roller giveth and the dice roller taketh away - I am not looking forward for the inevitable shift in our fortunes!

How do we feel about trying to keep #6 alive to interrogate?

29 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

He did - just wasn't enough to kill - that was done by the follow-up blow from Suibne.

Awesome, thanks for confirming.

Sure, a prisoner sounds good, although I don't know that the answers will detail anything more elaborate than a 'get rich quick' scheme.

Otto is concerned about the bowmen because he is not technically immune to them. He might go straight after them.

Edited by Tecumseh (see edit history)

4 hours ago, another aka said:

How do we feel about trying to keep #6 alive to interrogate?

I think leaving one alive could get hairy. Idk that Eabha would be down for an execution later. And like Tecumseh said I doubt we'll get much useful out of him.

I was thinking of having Xan join in the charge, ending her movement between bandits 3 and 4. Being within melee range of both of them would then negate their ability to use their respective bows (though not any other readied weapons, which I may well yet have cause to regret!). Or at least, that is my read on RAW regarding Make a Ranged Attack.

Before I throw my girl into this particular meatgrinder, @Powderhorn could you let me know if you agree with this read?

18 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

I don't think we necessarily have to execute him. Give him a good fright, take his weapon and armor, and let him run off.

Agreed

Though I am not particularly attached to either course of action, so que sera, sera

35 minutes ago, another aka said:

I was thinking of having Xan join in the charge, ending her movement between bandits 3 and 4. Being within melee range of both of them would then negate their ability to use their respective bows (though not any other readied weapons, which I may well yet have cause to regret!). Or at least, that is my read on RAW regarding Make a Ranged Attack.

Before I throw my girl into this particular meatgrinder, @Powderhorn could you let me know if you agree with this read?

Agreed

Though I am not particularly attached to either course of action, so que sera, sera

I think mechanically it's fine - just recall that you have a -2 to AC if you charge, and you can clearly tell that they also have clubs readied. So, while not all said bandits had bows, all of them had clubs (being, let's be honest, a fancy stick).

On 4/16/2024 at 4:18 PM, another aka said:

The dice roller giveth and the dice roller taketh away - I am not looking forward for the inevitable shift in our fortunes!

There we go! I had been hoping to take down the bandit that I attacked, but it looks like I will have to stake my chances on Brutal CounterCommit Effort for the scene as an Instant action after resolving an enemy melee attack against you, whether it hits or misses. You may make a free physical attack against your assailant, using either a normal attack or some other offensive ability that takes no more than one Main Action to execute. You cannot use this art more than once per round against a single foe, but you may use it while performing a Total Defense.

Depending on how their attacks go, Mind Over Matter Your mental control over your physical processes is considerable. Commit Effort for the day as an Instant action to gain one of the following benefits: automatically stabilize if Mortally Wounded, go without sleep for twenty-four hours, heal 1d6 hit points of damage you’ve suffered, or completely ignore normal climatic extremes of heat or cold for one day. Similar tricks of bodily control may be allowed at the GM’s discretion. will be coming in clutch. And it's never too early to be thinking about new character concepts! :D