Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

Tip of the cap to the bandit who rolled a Nat 20. Can't be mad about that.

What weapon is he using? Does it bypass Otto's grand plate?

Grand plate is so finely-jointed that a weapon must
either be very large or very armor-piercing to harm the
wearer; they’re immune to non-magical melee or thrown
weapons unless the weapon is two-handed, has a Shock
rating of AC 16 or more, or the wearer is currently grappled
by someone as per the rules on page 43. This tight
protection comes at the cost of the thick plating found in
great armor or conventional plate.

The only specific rule about d20 die results in WWN is that a Nat 1 always misses and a Nat 20 always hits (p. 59).

There aren't any critical hits, although they are a reasonably common house rule. Some people do max damage, or roll damage twice and take the better result, or have the hit apply some sort of status effect (like to AC, or knocked prone, or disarmed), etc.

@another aka - I believe you already committed effort for the day for Mind Over Matter to heal 1d6 earlier in the scene? I believe you may need to be externally stabilized, but if I'm misreading something, feel free to correct me.

Yes, I had, but I do not require external stabilisation:

Xan has 2 points of Effort per Art, and I'm now committing her second point of available Effort for Thought Noble Arts for the day. Xan won't have access to Effort from that pool until she "has had a good night's rest".

The previous use of Effort to fuel Thought Noble Arts (i.e., to read surface thoughts) remained committed only so long as the power was active.

I'm guessing two dozen is probably an overstatement, but at the same time, an hour up a deer path that the wagons can't follow isn't something we can do unless we're willing to abandon our charges. I suppose that, come light, Toktok could have the bandit show him where the path starts and mark it for later - we can hand the bandit over to the next militia patrol and tell them where the alleged camp is.