Session 6: Praise the Sun!

GM Saint

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 3/2 | AC: 17| HP: 43/43 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +8 | 1d6+5 slash - EB | +7 | 1d10 Forcex2

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 2/2

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

@WolfBirch

If you ever wake up surrounded by strange men, violence first. Don't even warn them. But Barkvin was there and he seemed to accept the situation. Was her mother wrong? She seemed to be wrong a lot...

"I'm fine, I think," she responded to Barkvin, reaching for her spear reflexively. "Um, Barkvin? What just happened? I had a very strange dream and I think I may have been you in it."

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

image.png.3d378821b1ebc03be46be4efa85efbdf.png.c9ea60af0e8e668ec25b62a840402668.png.76d08b504c228d0e9c116d1657441a8a.png

Name: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 5 | AC: 11 | HP: 35/35(41/45) | Prof: +3 | PP: 17 

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: 

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

Waking was hard, she was so cozy in her warm fur cloak and the air so fresh... that bit startled her. The air was never fresh in Baba's hut, and opening her eyes there was a dark elf with her blade drawn. She twisted the sleep from her eyes with curled knuckles and yawned wide. It was a weird feeling, as if she'd just had so many intense emotions while sleeping that their effect had been burned out of her. She remembered them, she remembered Niko's, and shivered, but felt that was not the reaction a person should have, that she should be freaking out, but nope, nada. There was a gilded flower and her belt, that she sniffed with an introspective grin, then placed in her pouch with the gilded acorn.

"Hmmm... maybe. I bet the others are around, somewhere, lets see if we can find the nearest town..."

Making shrill whistle she summoned a hawk friend. "Hello mister hawk, can you fly up and see if you can spot the closest town please, then fly towards it but keep close enough so we can see you."

"Baba said she'd send us all to the border, but not together. She can be bad like that, being deliberately vague. Sometimes its because I think her magic may be a little unpredictable, but I know sometimes it's just for badness."

As they walked for a bit, she awkwardly asked a question to fill the silence. "Um, Leta... I mean, um... can I call you that? and... do you have a stripe down your back when you... shift?"

@Alliebaby

Dice Ex Machina

Using wildshape to summon "Wild companion", a hawk familiar for 2 hours.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107520&stc=1&d=1667330676Name Barkvin | Class Cleric 5 | AC: 19 | HP: 48/50 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (0/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (5/5) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (2/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (1/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS save), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

Level 3 | (1/2)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute), Revivify

He looks over at Aaliyah glad to see her waking up, but concerned about her comment. If he saw her memories, then perhaps she saw his. He keeps working, to try to clean the holy symbol, "Argh, the old hag broke this. I'll have to get a new one when we get to town. My first teacher gave it to me when I learned about Sola. It was special to me." He shakes his head but does not look at the young elf, he keeps his eyes on his work. "I had some bad dreams too. I would try to forget about them. Probably caused by that foul brew. We have bigger problems. We are separated from the group. The witch didn't like either of us so she didn't send us with the others. I figure if we head to Tristan's Rock, they will be headed there too and we can meet up, hopefully before the creature gets there." He speaks quietly to avoid being overheard by the men driving the wagon.

@TheGospel

Mechanics

MOVE: None

ACTION: None

BONUS ACTION: None

OOC: None

@Diofant @Knave

What was that smell? The air in Baba's hovel hadn't been the most pleasant but this smelled like refuse and waste. Ved, you've been around enough latrines to recognize this smell almost immediately as you come to consciousness.

You both wake quickly once the smell hits you, alert to danger. You glance around and you aren't in a latrine but the pit is only a few feet from you. Its not very big, probably dug for a very small caravan and it isn't all human refuse but full of trash and bones and rotten fruita and the like. The camp dumped all its trash here but by the looks of it, never bothered to bury it again.

That was bad form. You're saddled somewhere between two smaller hills. It would make sense for a camp to be up the hill for better vantage and defense. The refuse is rotten and you notice something, several somethings, moving underneath it.

Ved. A big reason you keep your latrines sorted is because of scavengers. One of those scavengers are carrion crawlers and you don't want them anywhere near your camp. If they come for the refuse, a few might fight the mess or a supply tent and their poison is often lethal.

They also breed fast so if you're camped in an area for awhile, there are herbs that get burned near the refuse heaps and the holes are filled in often to keep vermin out. You guess there could be more than a dozen of then in there. They don't usually attack live prey but if they've laid eggs, they night stir up nasty.

Its just the two of you here, strangely, and you can't tell from down here even how far you got dumped.

@WolfBirch @TheGospel

"Just said we're going to Exiles Pass," the man reiterated. "You must have hit your head. Don't know about no Tristan's Rock. Sounds like its out of Vale and I ain't much welcome that way."

"Anyway, we got a few guys beat up a bit. You're welcome to ride with us to the city either way but we wouldn't mind a bit of that sun magic your lot is good for."

@Alliebaby @Rumrunner

Souris. You send the hawk up and Nikoletta's alarm immediately proves warranted. There is a Goliath village not a hundred yards from you. Its a miracle of the large hills that they haven't noticed you yet.

Your hawks eyes pick up very familiar markings, confirming this is the same tribe that attacked Empyrean's Rest. Not many visible men. The survivors wouldn't have made it back here yet even running through the night.

They have scouts and hunters out for sure and it seems unlikely you get back to the road without being spotted unless you're very careful. You know where Exile's Pass is roughly so you're sure with an aerial view you can find the city easy enough.

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+1HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 1/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Ved taps Murdain hard on the shoulder, then jerks his thumb out of the pile. Maybe if they just left without making much noise they could avoid a pointless scrap. Time enough to talk about patricide later.

@Diofant

Edited by Knave (see edit history)

https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107520&stc=1&d=1667330676Name Barkvin | Class Cleric 5 | AC: 19 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (5/5) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS save), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

Level 3 | (2/2)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute), Revivify

He looks up a the man, "Argh, yer right it was a nasty trip. Exiles Pass ye say. Ain't that on the boarder of the Vale? I never been this far north before. How soon will we get there? I'd be glad to help out some of yer friends if they be hurt. Least I can do to repay yer kindness." After scraping the black paint off as best he can with his fingernails, he spits on his holy symbol and tries to polish it on his shirt sleeve. Then he looks down at his shield to see if it was also damaged. He casts light on his holy symbol of Sola.

@TheGospel

Mechanics

MOVE: None

ACTION: Casts light on Holy Symbol

BONUS ACTION: None

OOC: None

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 3/2 | AC: 17| HP: 43/43 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +8 | 1d6+5 slash - EB | +7 | 1d10 Forcex2

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 2/2

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

@WolfBirch

"How did that happen? Did she do that?" Aaliyah frowned at the ruined holy symbol. "Souris can't see it, how bad she is. I can't do anything. I tried to stab her while she was tied up, before the Shadow grabbed me. My hands wouldn't let me thrust the spear..."

Aaliyah was as against killing as was possible to be but the very sight of that woman had brought a murderous intent out of her. Her entire existence meant protecting Souris and Baba was very slowly hurting her.

"I.. never mind. We're away from her for now. Should we tell them they didn't kill the right Shadow? It's good they got a baby but Mommy might be too much for them. Do we just let them take their bounty and be happy?"

image.png.3d378821b1ebc03be46be4efa85efbdf.png.c9ea60af0e8e668ec25b62a840402668.png.76d08b504c228d0e9c116d1657441a8a.png

Name: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 5 | AC: 11 | HP: 35/35(41/45) | Prof: +3 | PP: 17 

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: 

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

The information flooding back to her from her summoned companion made her step much more carefully, her eyes darting towards shadows and cover, as if there could be potential ambush from anywhere. Admitting the other woman was right was not something that Souris was inclined to do, besides if the drow had her wits about her enough to pick up on the danger, then she'd have wits enough to know she was right without having to be told.

"Stay close, I can use magic to conceal our passing and keep us safe as we make it to the road."

She moved towards shadows, and kept in contact with the hawk to keep alert to potential threats.

@Alliebaby

Dice Ex Machina

Using wildshape to summon "Wild companion", a hawk familiar for 2 hours.
Cast Pass Without Trace, to add +10 to stealth in an attempt to make it back to the road Exile's Pass.

Name
Stealthiness
1d20+12 19

Murdain ShattershieldMurdain3.png.a5d60e98af2a810e67d63571adaee46c.png

Class: Psion 5 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

The dwarf awoke at the strike with a stifled groan, rubbing at his eyes. The dreams... They didnt feel like anything he remembered, at least not the second. The first felt like something... almost familiar, though the presence of the old bastard made it clear it was not. What did that mean for his own memories, if he looked into another's? A chill ran down his back; the reek of the latrines also helped stir him from his uneasy sleep and he sat up, quickly getting to his feet, still a bit disoriented but quickly regaining his wits. Seeing Ved gesture elsewhere he nodded and quickly grasped at his belt to check if his dagger was still there. That was enough. Best to avoid speaking till out of trouble.
@Knave

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

@Diofant @Knave

These two hills aren't too steep on this side and the rocks make for easy enough steps. They might be a bit dangerous late at night but it seems to be early morning and the gentle rain doesn't obscure too much of the light. You approach the top and peer over to find a long abandoned camp of six or seven tents as well as a man humming loudly.

He's an older caucasian human with a decimated hairline of short silver hair. He's wearing these ankle length robes that might be black with gold trim if he were a richer man but for now are a grayish, half sun-bleached with a sickly off color yellow trim. His hum doesn't have much of a tune to it, largely due to a clear lack of talent on his part. A 'staff' is propped on his shoulder nearby but it looks like he just picked up a long branch and cleaned it up.

You watch him for a moments and he seems to be looting. There are dead bodies everywhere. You can't tell much about them without getting up top and looking around yourself though. They aren't skeletal.

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class Blood Hunter | Level: 5 | AC: 15| HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 14 / Wis 10 / Cha 8
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [o] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

@Rumrunner

"Useful magic," she applauds softly. She moves with Souris, often brushing shoulders with the young druid and using the contact to turn about and survey their surroundings without losing her. "Why would you call me Leti? I've only been called that one person..."

Her mind goes to the strange dream she'd had. She had been in Souris' head, she imagined, some trick of the hag and her tea. So did Souris see into her own dreams? What a nightmare for a young girl to have to live. Her dreams were seldom pleasant. "I... do not know what my wolf looks like. I admit, in this, I am a coward and have never been brave enough to look at myself."

Name
Stealth 
1d20 15
Dis
1d20+1 2

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+1HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 1/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Ved pulls out his crossbow and takes aim as Murdain prepares to sneak closer

OOC: Ready Attack, trigger: Murdain is attacked

@Diofant

@Alliebaby  @Rumrunner

Moving silently and aided by magic, you begin your trip through several miles of what is likely hostile lands. The goliaths may not inherently be your enemies but you can't know how they'll react to Souris once they learn she helped kill their chief.

You notice a very distinct lack of animals around. Its quiet around Empyrean's Rest now and this area mirrors it. The Shadow is somewhere here or was very recently and it lingered. The land between here and the town hadn't been as lifeless, likely due to the beast moving through it too fast.

OOC: you have distance to cover so I'm gonna turn the scene over to you for a bit.