Session 6: Praise the Sun!

GM Saint

Murdain ShattershieldMurdain3.png.a5d60e98af2a810e67d63571adaee46c.png

Class: Psion 5 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

"Naw." Murdain shook his head. "I aint gonna harm ye unless you decide to try for me, first, Tel." The dwarf caught the coin pouch but raised an eyebrow. "If this' a gift, I'll take it. But if yer buyin insurance, dont need it. You gave me directions, tha's enough for me t'be thankful for." He offered the pouch back. "If you've got the gift fer it, ask em. I've wanted to check the bodies to see what offed em like that, but if you can just ask..." He shrugged. "Sure makes things easier, aint it?" He did not move closer to the man until he indicated it was fine, otherwise remaining where he was. "That a thing that happens often round 'ere? Dead risin' iffen they died a violent death?"
@Knave

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: Dunno if Diplomacy is needed, I'll add it just in case.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107520&stc=1&d=1667330676Name Barkvin | Class Cleric 5 | AC: 19 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (5/5) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS save), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

Level 3 | (2/2)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute), Revivify

The half orc pauses before replying to Aaliyah, "Aye, I don't think that yer dumb. I don't figure that I'd want to be controlled or manipulated either. I wish I had a way to make ye free. If I think of something, I'll let you know. Do ye even want to be chasing this monster with us?"

@TheGospel

OOC: If you have more to say, we could move this conversation to the side conversation area.

Barkvin is kind of awed by what is happening in the the town. He stumbles a little before he speaks up. "Argh, Blessed be the light of Sola on this day. These good folk have sacrificed much to slay this foul creature and deserve to be justly rewarded. But I recommend caution. I believe that there is a bigger one out there. A greater evil of darkness and shadow. Don't let down yer vigilance just yet. We came here hunting the beast, but were separated from our companions. You haven't seen them by chance; a noble dwarf with a short beard and tatoos, an elf with dark skin, a bearded human and a woman that likes to wear masks? They may have passed this way already?" He inquires.

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: None

OOC: none

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

@Knave @Diofant

"Do you want to do the honors? You seem skillful enough," he begins casting something over a body that hasn't been decayed yet, lighting incense and speaking a prayer in a tongue you've heard only from the priest with the Skorn. "Five questions... the magic is very specific. My lady holds this man now and it is her blessing to allow us to speak with him again. She will allow five questions."

Class: Psion 5 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

"Hrm." The dwarf chewed his lip. "Lets ask questions one by one. The answer to one could bring up interestin' complications an' change the rest, right? Start off with 'Who or what killed you?', I think. How's this work, though - do they gotta be truthful, or they can lie an the like? Meanin, they like a... memory record, or actual bein' we chattin' with?" Good place to start, and would help clear some things up.
@Knave

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: Dunno if Diplomacy is needed, I'll add it just in case.

Name
Insight
1d20+1 6

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+1HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 1/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Murdain looks to have made friend, so Ved steps out and wonders over.

"Necromancy is it? Speaking of stuff folks shouldn't know about - Murdain, I reckon everything we saw while we was, you know... under Baba's teacup... probably be better if we lived our whole lives and never spoke of it, you reckon?"

@Knave @Diofant

"They can lie for certain but I usually find dead men lose their motivation to lie anymore." He jumps again, nearly losing his spell when Ved appears. Before he can respond to the sudden person, the corpse jerks up and gasps. "Go."

Murdain asks his first question. "Iaeaus, the Howling One."

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class Blood Hunter | Level: 5 | AC: 15| HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 14 / Wis 10 / Cha 8
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [o] Aroooo:[o] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

@Rumrunner

"The Order of the Profane Blood... one of them saved me that night... just me. He should have killed me. I would have." She reaches up to her chest where the lockets can occasionally be seen if they come out of her armor. "But he trained me, showed me how to temper my own blood and make myself something... else. It keeps the wolf in line. This is why my blood freezes upon my blade or why I can freeze the eyes of an enemy."

"Emotions are difficult. We hold ourselves as better than beasts but it is not so hard for us to remember where we began." Her hand goes to Souris' shoulder. "For some of us, that beast inside is quite literal. For others, it insidiously hides itself in our nature." She chose not to ask about the dream she saw. It would be a terrible moment in the girl's life and she seemed the type to dwell on such things. Instead, she decided to just make herself available until they were close enough to open up more.

"What danger do you sense? I do not know this area well but I suspect you've more practical reason for this caution. I do not suspect you are an overtly cautious person at times. Perhaps your... friend... has rubbed off on you."

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 3/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

The dwarf raised his hand to stop further conversation with Ved. "Later." He suggested curtly. Turning back to Tel, he gestured calmingly, though his brow was now. He had to force himself from his face changing to a dark grimace. This wasnt how he expected to find him. He would have to speak with Ved to ensure his silence, for now. "Can you describe Iaeaus for me?"

The corpse answered, its tone a coarse, emotionless rasp: "Giant white werewolf with black armor and an eyepatch."

He continued after hearing the answer: "Why did he kill you? Where did he go after if you saw or he said anything?" He glanced at the man's neck, pulling back his shirt slightly and grimacing. "Why were you lot here?"

The dead man's mouth did not shift as the words issued from it: "He said his children are weak disappointments so he's culling us. I dont know. We were running from him since the last moon."

Werewolves. All. Doesnt take a genius to figure out from where. Murdain got back up and folded his hands, though they itcjed to make Luna's sign to ward off evil. "Well... Gotta thank you, Tel. That spell is a mighty useful thing t'know. We'd otherwise be entirely in the dark, iffen not for you. Give me just one second before you send off the body... I need to see if there anything here." Murdain looked over the body, careful to examine near the wound or on the body for traces of white fur - maybe he grabbed a handful, maybe some fell on him... or on the ground. Even a single hair would be enough. "We can discuss the tea later. Meantime... this is Ved. Ved, Tel. Tel says Exile's Pass aint far, couple miles Northwest... fore we go, though, lets figure out where this eyepatch character went. Tracks outghta be fresh. Dont sound much like the sorta man you wanna run into." Murdain looked around for the hair, then went about helping Ved look for tracks, focusing his mind on the merc's to transfer his own will.
@Knave

Im posting the answers here that Saint posted in disco - i didnt get his permission but he was gone when i asked and I was afraid post would vanish so posting and will edit/delete tomorrow when/if he asks. I wanted to chrck for fur hairs, then for tracks of his, if i could get them, or some blood if any of their weapons have it.

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action: Empower Ved
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)
Name
Perception(remnants/belonging/blood/fur of Iaeaus)
keep(2d20,highest,1)+6 11,7
Empowerment
1d8 2

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+1HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 1/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

Ved scans for tracks.

"Is there any bounty on him? Only I need to know if I'm following the tracks forward or backward."

Name
Survival
keep(2d20,highest,1)+4 19,3
Empowerment
1d8 4

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 3/2 | AC: 17| HP: 43/43 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +8 | 1d6+5 slash - EB | +7 | 1d10 Forcex2

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 2/2

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

@WolfBirch

"That's the problem, I don't know if what I want is what I want."

------

"Hi! Praise the Sun!" She does her an exaggerated version of the woman's praising salute. "I'm Aaliyah and I love your hair, it's so pretty! Are all you knightly sun people blonde?"

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

@Diofant @Knave

"Werewolves killing werewolves sure makes for strange times," Tel remarks when the interrogation is over. He lets you examine the body and then bends to use his magic on it. "Back to the Earth it is for you." He procures a small coin pouch off the man and drops it into his robe pocket. "As we must all one day."

It isn't too hard to find the foot prints of a man wearing heavy armor amidst everything else. He seems to be heading south and doesn't seem concerned someone might track him.

@TheGospel @WolfBirch

The young boy immediately frowns as Barkvin approaches but doesn't speak out. "Hail, brother. I am Ser Dawn, Sword of the King-Priest. This is my attendant, Brother Antoine. This is quite the claim you've made. What are your reasons for this suspicion?"

She smiles warmly as Aaliyah eagerly assaults her with compliments. "Thank you for the words, Aaliyah. Have you met many... knightly sun people?"

"Your symbol is defiled. How can you still wear it?" The young boy suddenly questions, frowning at Barkvin still and the chain on his neck.

Edited by GM Saint (see edit history)

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 3/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

Murdain answered: "Try both. Much as I dont wanna meet him, knowing where he came from would also be helpful. Tel, 've you heard of Iaeaus the Howling?" Fellow had a title. Might be someone else with more knowledge of history had information... Might be even Aria, she'd know lore of the Vale - but not like she kept up with current events. Bounty, huh... He'd have to speak of that once they moved on. Just so there'd not be an awkward moment. Empty-handed, he got up and let Tel finish the 'burial'.

@Knave

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action: Empower Ved
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107520&stc=1&d=1667330676Name Barkvin | Class Cleric 5 | AC: 19 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (5/5) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS save), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

Level 3 | (2/2)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute), Revivify

Barkvin considers the question for a moment, "Aye, Well met, Ser Dawn. Me name be Barkvin. I hail from Empyrean's Rest. As I said, we be tracking the thing and have run across ones like this before. I suspect that there be a bigger one out there. Don't know for sure, but I think that there be one and that it be heading north. Hope we can kill the thing." He looks down at his holy symbol. "Argh, I tried to clean it, but I can't say that it got too clean. Would ye perhaps know where I might purchase a new one?"

@TheGospel

Mechanics

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: None

OOC: none

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 3/2 | AC: 17| HP: 43/43 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +8 | 1d6+5 slash - EB | +7 | 1d10 Forcex2

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 2/2

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

@WolfBirch

"Ummm just Ser Gavan but he's blonde. Cute for an older man I guess. Really strong! I think I can take him though." She dramatically flexes a practically non-existent bicep.

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

@WolfBirch @TheGospel

"Have mine, brother," Antoine offers, removing his own holy symbol and offering it to you. "I do not require it for my spells as they are still meager but I can since you've spent some time in service. It simply wouldn't do for you to be hobbled so."

Ser Dawn frowned and curled her lip up slightly at Aaliyah's answer. "Men, your service is appreciated. See your mayor and she will have you paid. Would you two walk with us?"

Waiting for the men to go into town, Dawn watches them quietly, frowning about something. It isn't until they're gone and you can hear cheering from inside the walls as people see the beast destroyed that she speaks again. "If you never do me an honor again, please grant me this one boon. Do not call that man 'ser,' for he is no knight. Not anymore.

"Now, you seem to know more about this Shadow than most folk. It hasn't left the Vale yet but it's been feeding ravenously. While it seems to sense my men are scouring the border, waiting for it to cross, and chooses to lay in wait for now, I fear it's influence spreads. We received word of the hill goliaths beginning to raid and some of their parties have attacked villages. They're a hunter culture but the hunting is poor thanks to the Shadow. We people have a tenuous respect for the Vale's borders but those are the laws of men and beasts care not for them. The herds being hunted to extinction here will affect things on our side of the border but if the Shadow will cross into Carysand... I can do nothing directly. I love my country though and if things force my hand, I will exile myself and become one of you and seek it out myself.

"I'd prefer to avoid this future. They lost half their men fighting this thing and you tell me it's a lesser version of the true Shadow? They can't possibly fight that. Do you think you and your friends capable of slaying it? Of finding it...?"