Level 2.1: Not so Wonderful Wonderland

Yuu Chiba & Grim

All good things must come to an end.

Yuu and Grim knew that. After all, they had to graduate from NRC just like everyone else. Yuu had to go home, because she knew that she couldn't stay in Twisted Wonderland forever.

So, naturally, the end of the banquet came. She did miss the parties at Heartslabyul Dorm, but she wasn't about to mourn this banquet's passing. If anything, she was ready for the discussion to come...and whatever trouble may come with it. Admittedly, she wished she had video recording and streaming capabilities so she could use a similar strategy like Azul's for Jamil. But, she can work with what she has. By the Seven, she has to make this work.

She looked to the King and Prospero as they spoke with each other. She gave a smile to the King when he stated that he wished to invite her to the strategy meeting but isn't due to her meeting with Riddle. After Riddle spoke his request for the orders, and gained the reassurance from the King, she gives a bow to the King and a polite, "We appreciate your consideration, Your Highness,". Grim opted to remain quiet, this time around.

She gives a smile to Prospero in response to his wink, before her turning to Riddle. She gives a polite bow to him and she speaks to Riddle, "Well then. We will be waiting for you in the West Wing Guest Lounge, Your Highness," She then leads the party out of the banquet hall and heads to the Guest Lounge.

During the walk there, she lets out a nervous exhale. If there are people around, she would remain quiet.

If/When the Coast is Clear

Yuu Chiba would whisper to her allies as they make their way, trying to be discreet, "Keep an eye on 'Clover'. I think I understand what the Cheshire Cat means now. The Trey Clover I know would never hide behind Riddle. None of them would hide from a glare. Blackjack, the manipulative advisor, definitely expects him to report to him, even if it's against Riddle's orders,"

For now, she had an idea of how to lead the discussion with Riddle and the others. If things go well, then she could get through to them without the risk of Riddle's anger shutting her words out. And if should someone accuse them of being villains, then she could use the banquet as the proverbial olive branch...

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b][url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2680336]Yuu Chiba[/url][/b] 
[I]Variant Human Wizard (War) 6 [/i] 

[b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 32/32 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft 

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Darkvision: 60 feet

Level 1 Feat: Martial Adept 
You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.
You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

4th Level ASI: +2 INT

4th Level Feat: Eldritch Adept
Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

Eldritch Invocation: Armor of Shadows
You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses passive Perception 13
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo

Gosselin quietly followed along trying to think on the Rules. If they could catch blackjack in the act of influencing the trio with magic surely that was against the Rules? "Do you think he might be using magic?" she would ask Yuu in a hushed whisper. When they finally arrived she would keep on eye on the trio for their reactions especially Trey Clover.

actions

rakish footwork   second wind    gunner

sharpshooter

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)
Name
insight
1d20+1 16
investigation on the rules
1d20+2 7

• 2 weeks later...

Riddle gave a slight nod of his head "We will be there shortly."

The group would return to the West Wing Guest Lounge, and nothing seemed out of place. Within a few minutes after a polite knock and light announcement that they are entering Deuce entered into the lounge and held the door open allowing Riddle, Trey, and Cater to enter without difficulty. 

Deuce would close the door.

Riddle hummed "let us all sit down and begin this discussion."

The group would find seats.

Riddle hummed as he gave the group a causal once over then looked at Yuu "so where shall we begin this discussion Yuu Chiba because it involves things that I would consider private but yet they do involve you and I’m sure your friends are aware of things to, but I must admit I don’t know how to begin.

Cater chuckled "my liege may I begin the discussion? I tend to know how to break ice when it comes to various topics and if you will let me talk I think I can get us all on the same page so that we do not waste time in trying to second guess ourselves.” He hummed “but it might be difficult for you to swallow and all I ask is that you hear what we have to say without becoming too upset.”

Riddle hummed "very well Cater go ahead."

Cater laughed then moved smoothly over to Yuu and gave her a smile "Long time no see Yuu, how have you been, what's it been couple of years since NRC. You're looking as magic cam-able as ever." He laughed "Crazy running into you in this world of all places. The actual Rose Garden Kingdom of the infamous Queen of Hearts in Wonderland."

Deuce got a jaw dropped look but then recovered "what wait a minute, Cater you know Yuu for real."

Cater laughed "We all do, Deucy, don't you remember, I mean you and Acy were in her same class for the entire time at Night Raven College and you three often hung out together when you weren't at the Heartslabyul Dorm with Trey, Riddle and Me"

Deuce made a noise "but I thought, I thought..." He held his head like he was having a massive headache, but it also looked like he was about to pull his hair out "ugh you mean all those dreams we been having are real memories?"

Cater sighed "that's right Deucy, they are all real memories of things that has happened to us."

Deuce grunted "but that can't be possible we've never left this world..." He said then turned confused "have we?"

Cater hummed "we have... there no other way to explain it. We have all been to that otherworld that we dream about."

Trey looked at Cater "Cater..."

Cater sighed "oh come on Trey, drop the facade, the dreams are real things that happened to us in that otherworld. Just because they didn't happen here doesn't mean they didn't happen."

Trey exhaled “but it doesn’t make sense like Deuce said, we have never left this world and we all have memories of our lives here in the kingdom. Those are our real memories. There must be another explanation.”

Cater made a noise “I don’t think there is one Trey especially now that Yuu Chiba has shown up coming from another world just like she did in the dreams to many things have happened in those dreams that have in a way come true here.”

Trey frowned “you may have a point…”

• 2 weeks later...

Peter's Sheet

Peter watching the whole thing didn't excite him as much considering it was old friends and other things about. The food was nice but the party was even lamer then Hook, to Peter that is not even putting on your pants low for standards. Though the way that when it comes to inviting people to battle plans and then the look to give back to his father clearly you didn't need to even have to insight the fact that Riddle leading his tropes blind. Really? Why is that not a red flag! It's like giving a blank piece of parchment and telling other people its a treasure map on a bad game of scavenger hunt. While Gosalyn was a bit more on the sly side Peter looks at the three f them and try to understand exactly what there trying to add together. Granted Peter not the brightest but hey nothing like when all else fails pull a whinne the Pooh... from a perspective he starts thinking "Is there anyway there could be memory modifiers or something else that could make some of this get us better answers?" He thinks delving into the knowledge of the arcane itself

Name
Arcana
1d20+3 16

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Before the group reaches the room, she answers Gosalyn's inquiry, "That is certainly a possibility. Keep your eyes peeled," She then hands her smart phone to Gosalyn and asks her, "If you can get photographic or video evidence of it, don't hesitate to do so,"

It wasn't just for that reason that she gave Gosalyn her smart phone. She could use it as a segue during the conversation if she wanted to try and see if Trey is truly an imposter as she suspects.

Yuu nods and she sits across Riddle, Deuce, Cater, and Trey(?) so she can keep eye contact with them. She listens as Riddle begins and gives his thoughts. Thankfully, Cater steps in and moves to her to properly greet her and Grim. The relief Yuu felt was immense. She inhaled before she answers Cater with a smile, "Diamond-Senpai, you are a #Lifesaver!"

Yes, she added in the "Hashtag" as a Magicam joke in return.

She and Grim listened quietly as the Heartslabyul boys spoke amongst themselves. She raised an eyebrow at Trey when he made the attempt to reaffirm that their memories of Wonderland are real. She answers the trio, addressing 'Trey' calmly but seriously, "Honestly, we were concerned about how to broach this subject as well, for the same reasons you cited, Your Highness. The memories at Night Raven College are real. I even have photos from the Ghost Camera if you want to see them. And you can rest assured, Clover-Senpai, we're not saying your memories here are false,"

For now at the very least, Yuu thought to herself.

She then continues, genuinely smiling at Riddle, Deuce, and Cater, "It's been a shorter time for Grim and I, but it really is good to see you again. If only it were under better circumstances,"

After that, she continues, going back to a serious demeanor "Now that we've established we know each other, it'll be easier to share information and help you out,"

"Puhahaha! As we told the King, I, the Great Grim, and his minions are here to help ya guys, and part of that is clearly beating Legion and Blight!"

Yuu once again rolled her eyes at Grim as he raised his little paw up in the air as a fist pump, and she spoke, "However, we're still trying to figure out the full scope of this situation ourselves. We only have information that we received from Headmage Crowley before we came here,"

"Yeah, you know how that guy is! Whenever there's trouble, he sends us," Grim bitterly adds regarding Crowley with a roll of his eyes.

During the discussion, she keeps a vigilant eye on Trey Clover, just in case he truly is an imposter and he wants to try anything. His reactions could also be telling.

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

Name
Insight
1d20+5 18

Cater smiled at the magic cam joke however his expression became curious when Yuu mentioned how time had been different for her and being sent by Crowley because of trouble. "You were sent because there is trouble?" He asked "What type? Because I think we've been cut out of the loop for anything related to Night Raven College and the only reason we remember anything is because of the dreams we have been having."

Riddle hummed as he looked at Yuu "When Yuu and I encountered each other Captain Prospero said something about you and him working together to find students of Night Raven College falling into this world in a magical accident, and you hoped that you weren't too late because of what you all encountered."

Cater made a thoughtful noise "they encountered Legion right..."

Riddle hummed "yes... I told them I wasn't aware of anyone who had fallen into this world but commanded them to ask my father. I was planning on asking my father tonight about it but as we returned from our battle with blight, a thought kept being whispered into my mind that I could trust Yuu more than I could trust my own father."

Trey looked at Riddle "I thought I heard a whisper like that myself my liege, I thought it might have been the Blight trying to mislead us or something."

Riddle hummed "that was my thought too however our exchange at the banquet made that thought strong again that's why when Yuu asked to meet with us in private, I evoked the rule that we do not talk about certain things of a sensitive nature in a public setting in order to give her a chance to explain things to us in private." He looked at Yuu "I don't fully remember everything of our time together at Night Raven College, but I am willing to hear you out because I believe you've come here to help, how I do not know but whenever I dreamed about you Yuu, you were trying your best to be helpful." He gave a sour look at Grim "despite the blatant rule breaking of those around you."

Insight for Gosalyn

Although the four in front of you seem to be telling the truth, there is something off about the whole exchange, they keep saying dream world and never having left the rose kingdom, You don't fully know the story behind Twisted Wonderland but yet you got the feeling that what Trey says is true outright despite others saying different ideas.

Arcana for Peter

Although you don't personally know any tricks that could get truthful answers out of people, there are ways to making people express the truth either by charming them or forcing it out of them.

• 4 weeks later...
Yuu Chiba & Grim

As the Heartslabyul boys spoke, Yuu carefully in their reactions. She could see that Cater was putting on an act again. She could tell it wasn't malicious and that he was trying to figure things out as well, but she was disappointed that he didn't truly remember. Her smile was sad upon realization, but she focused her attention back onto Riddle.

Riddle on the other hand was completely honest. While, he didn't remember her, some part of him knew that she was there to help.

It was then that she decided that this was not the time for clever plans. This was the time to be straightforward.

I'll believe in them...for now,

She couldn't help but chuckle at Riddle's words mentioning the troublemakers around her. Grim grumbled in response, "Yeah, well I wasn't exactly a fan of your collarin' me,"

Yuu shook her head at Grim, and she looks to Riddle gratefully before she starts, "Part of being a dorm leader, right? We have to set the example, even if I was just the Dorm Leader for one other resident,"

That was what Riddle told her, upon noticing that her tie was crooked during their investigation of Savanaclaw, before Leona overblotted.

With an exhale, she became serious and she addresses the group,

"It's as Prospero stated earlier: We are here to find and rescue the students who fell into this world. However, now that we've seen how Wonderland is right now, we found that the mission is much more complicated than that. To answer your question earlier Cater, there was Blot trouble at the school...again. Only this time, a criminal who called themselves the Phantom Blot attacked the school and demonstrated that he was capable of controlling Blot,"

Grim chimes in pointing at Gosalyn, "This Phantom Blot guy is apparently Quiver...something or other's foe, so she can tell ya more about him. But yeah, Crowley mentioned that he had been wantin' to prove the Great Seven were nothing more than rogues. Got an extreme case of jealousy or somethin',"

Yuu continued, "Anyways, Headmage Crowley was able to fight off the Phantom Blot, only for him to flee the school. His next targets after the school, were five students from the Heartslabyul Dorm, starting with the one who resonates most with the Spirit of the Queen of Hearts,"

She hoped that her words would stir memories for her friends, but for now, she opted to not say it's them in order to avoid angering Riddle,

With a saddened look she continues,

"The Phantom Blot put the five students in a coma. The students' bodies are in the other world, but their spirits, hearts, or minds, however you wish to put it, are here. The mages and doctors have tried everything to wake them up, but nothing has worked. This left Crowley one option left: To contact Grim and I to help. So, we managed to make our way here, thanks to Prospero and Ace's previous efforts,"

Grim chimes in, "Legion and Blight are somehow definitely part of that coma! Legion definitely looked like he was made of Blot. We also got a tip that they are external creations, but somehow are usin' 'supplies', "

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo

Gosalyn retorted in good humor at Grim "It's Quiverwing or QW when I'm working Grim. As for the phantom blot I don't know much about him, when you've fought as many baddies as Darkwing has they sort of blur together. I do have another question what does the counselor Blackjack have to do with everything that's happened? I noticed he was rather rude to you especially Mr. Clover how come?" she asked keeping an eye on Riddle especially. She had chosen her words carefully to be not an outright accusation.

actions

rakish footwork   second wind    gunner

sharpshooter

• 2 weeks later...

Riddle turned smug at Grim's retort then gave a light nod at Yuu "all part of being a leader of anything I would say."  

After hearing what was going on in Twisted Wonderland, Riddle and his group all got thoughtful looks.

Deuce spoke first "so this phantom blot guy attacked Night Raven college using the stuff you call blot which is that inky stuff Legion and Blight are made out of, only to be beaten by the headmage and chased off." He summarized.

Cater made a noise "yeah then he went after five students of Heartslabyul Dorm and put them into comas sending their spirits, hearts or minds to here starting with the one who resonances the most with the spirit of the Queen of hearts.

Riddle blinked "the spirit of my mother... how would she be a spirit."

Cater made a noise "in that world I think she is or was a grand ruler of their past if I remember correctly. One of the Great Seven if I remember my dream right"

"So she's idolized there." Riddle hummed "Interesting, I wonder how people would treat her direct heir."

Trey hummed "most likely with the same respect as the troops here do to you, my liege."

Riddle hummed "so who would this person be that resonates with her spirit, a descendant far down the line perhaps."

Cater hummed "maybe... my liege... anyhow Yuu managed to find her way here using Prospero and..." He blinked "Ace?"

Deuce recoiled "Ace?!"

Trey looked at Yuu "You've seen Ace?"

"yeah, she's seen me... what's left of me I guess." Ace spoke up

A grunt would be heard as Face mask Ace shifted himself out of where Yuu had hid him then almost went face first to the ground but then magic surged and he started hovering "ugh..." he grunted "man it sucks not having a body." He recovered and shook his face back and forth as if it was on an invisible head.

Trey recoiled with repulsion.

Ace sighed then looked at the Riddle group with a grin "sup all been a while huh?"

Riddle stared at Ace "Ace... Trappola..."

"the one and only." Ace chirped "now with 90 percent less body." He chuckled "don't ask how it's happening but it is."

Cater made a noise "#unreal..." He commented "I've heard rumors that removed heads started becoming alive but... never..."

Deuce stared “Ace… what happened to you.”

Ace hummed “honestly I have very little idea. I’ve been trying to piece together all the events that led up to me being beaten out of a blot monster and restored somewhat by Yuu however it’s only flashes.” He frowned “however when Quiverwing brought up Blackjack, a memory surfaced, something critical.” He hummed “Yuu, Blackjack is not a normal guy even for this world, he’s got a weird power, some sort of hypnosis or suggestive mind control just like Jamil Viper from Scarabia. I remember him using it on me” He gave a glance at Trey “most likely why Trey is so afraid of him.”

Trey blinked

Riddle hummed “Trey… is what Ace and Miss Quiverwing saying true, is Blackjack threatening you to make you obey him even if it goes against me.”

Trey exhaled “yes… yes it is my liege… Blackjack will most likely expect me to tell him everything that goes on in this private meeting and he’ll force it out of me by his stare if he gets me alone.” He shuttered “he also threatens my family and such saying that if I resist that he’ll make them do things that breaks rules and of course I’m not to mention this to anyone but…” He grunted “with everything that’s happened I can’t stay silent any longer.”

Riddle frowned “does he do this to other people.”

Trey hummed as he nodded “yes… he does this to keep everyone in order.”

Cater made a noise “yeah there’s a whisper among everyone that you do not piss off Blackjack otherwise you get your body hi-jacked and your mind, well mind-jacked.”

Riddle frowned deepened “it is one thing to punish someone for breaking the rules, it’s another to make someone break the rules against their will. After this I will speak to my father about this and make sure Blackjack stands trial. I’m sure there’s a rule against using mind control on someone somewhere.”

Deuce grunted “My liege, maybe we should wait, it will be our word against his and he might do something bad if we confront him now.”

Ace made a noise “yeah good thinking Deuce, we got to wait until he can’t do anything against us or someone we know.”

Cater hummed “I wouldn’t be surprised if someone been ‘mind-jacked’ to do his bidding tonight.”

A loud door creak was heard followed by a light feminine gasp.

Riddle grunted as he turned to the door “who’s there. Come in…”

A moment passed then the door slowly opened and a shy acting servant girl entered, a heart symbol exactly like Ace’s face mark was on her outfit’s left shoulder, Peter would remember this girl from his encounter before the banquet.

Trey sighed “Emma… I should have figured he would target you.”

Emma looked at Trey, then at Riddle “forgive me your highness, I…”

Riddle hummed as he put up a hand to stop her from speaking “You were told to come spy on us yes.” He asked

Emma hummed “yes, but I was also curious myself so… I went willingly” She admitted then looked at Ace and her eyes teared up “Ace… is that really you?”

Ace blinked “uh depends on whose asking.”

Deuce grunted lightly “Ace…” He hissed “I know you went a little crazy because of the stuff they were making us do before you left but come on man, that’s your wife Emma. The girl you’ve been with since middle school, the one who you swore to you would become the Ace of Hearts for.”

Ace paused for a moment then his expression turned shocked “wha…”