Level 2.1: Not so Wonderful Wonderland

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim were silent as they listened to the King's stipulations before they followed the group as they were led to the guest quarters. She let Prospero handle talking to Blackjack (the Jack of Spades card soldier?). When he mentioned the pastries made by the Clover Family, she couldn't help but smile slightly as nostalgia creeps into her mind once more. She couldn't help but remember how she missed those pastries after coming back home from Twisted Wonderland, and ended up missing them again.

She kept herself from chuckling at the thought of this entire situation.

Thankfully, Prospero took it upon himself to have Lily and Jukes check for any spying devices or magic, and keep a lookout for anyone coming by. She nods to Prospero, and she thanked him before agreeing with him, "Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens during the banquet. We'd better be prepared in case things go sideways,"

Grim snickered before he spoke up, "By the way, guys. Didn't you notice?"

"Notice what, Grim?"

Grim gained that cocky look on his face: One eye wide open and another half-lidded accompanied with a devilish smirk on his face. He spoke, "Looks like it's my turn to shine!"

He then elaborates, "When that King was talkin' about Riddle earlier, he sounded like he was forcin' himself to say that Riddle would be a fine ruler and would inherit the Queen of Hearts' throne. That King is totally in on the lie and going with it! He knows Riddle ain't his son!"

Upon hearing this, Yuu grew concerned. She pointed out, "...That could make things much more problematic if he is in cahoots..."

She then realized something, and she comments, "Oh yeah! Now we can check..."

She pulls Ace's face out from under the cloak and she asks, "Ace. We're in the palace now. Do you sense anything?"

She thought it was worth checking to see if Ace sensed his body or anything else unusual here in the palace.

Out of Character

Things to do before banquet:

First things first, Share information with everyone.

Then, check with Ace first. See if we can get a general idea or direction to keep in mind for later.

Another thing to consider: @SMARTAgentKC, how long would attunement take?
I was thinking maybe @drealynn might benefit from using the Cloak of Elvenkind, if we need to switch before the banquet.

EDIT: Never mind, Gosalyn already has her own Cloak of Elvenkind.

More to come depending on future posts...

Yuu's Statblock

[b][url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2680336]Yuu Chiba[/url][/b] 
[I]Variant Human Wizard (War) 6 [/i] 

[b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 32/32 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft 

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Darkvision: 60 feet

Level 1 Feat: Martial Adept 
You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.
You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

4th Level ASI: +2 INT

4th Level Feat: Eldritch Adept
Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

Eldritch Invocation: Armor of Shadows
You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses passive Perception 13
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo"When do we start sneaking into the King's Chambers if its forbidden I think we might want to start there. I do have this nifty cape that helps me be sneaky and these goggles that have night vision if that helps." In her eagerness Gosalyn almost for got to whisper her suggestions.

Actions

rakish footworkYou also gain an additional way to use your Sneak Attack; you don’t need advantage on the attack roll to use your Sneak Attack against a creature if you are within 5 feet of it, no other creatures are within 5 feet of you, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. All the other rules for Sneak Attack still apply to you.   second windYou have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.     gunnerYou gain proficiency with firearms (see “Firearms” in the Dungeon Master’s Guide).
You ignore the loading property of firearms.  Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.

sharpshooterSharpshooter You have mastered ranged weapons and can make shots that others find impossible. You gain the following benefits: Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.  Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Peter's Sheet

Peter let the Captain talk things out and waited quietly as he puts things together "Are you kidding this is not no ordinary storm, this could be a damn hurricane! Why is everyone so calm about this whole damn thing. This stinks worse then a skunk spray in your nostrils. Plus if you tell someone not to go somewhere why would they not think to look into it" Was all in Peter's mind as he thinks about it all. "I may not be the brightest magic orb in the room, but I clearly think this is not only something that can be bad will be bad but I don't like the idea of being in a place where magic could be crappy. I think if things become very bad we need an emergency escape plan off the bat. Beside's if this is a throne battle let them decide it their way. I'm game for sneaking into the place while I have some magic going for me as of now or go flying with my spell. If not I am gonna make sure we secure an exit in case their of. If I learned anything from hook is that when your in doubt know how to get out of the cod fishes hook, plus tactically Majority of us minus Doofus for brute strength and Gosalyn with her bow, were strategically in a sinking row boat with no paddles" Peter replied clearly not liking where its all heading.

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim tensed when Gosalyn immediately started talking about sneaking around in a normal voice, and Yuu cautioned her, "Hey! Easy! We don't know who could be passing by! We might not have Jukes' all clear for too long,"

She nodded in approval at her words about her cloak and goggles being of assistance. She anticipated possibly sneaking around and got a Cloak of Elvenkind herself before coming here after all.

Then...Peter spoke. Yuu listened patiently at first. But when he said that if this was a battle for the throne it was better to let them decide, that is when she and Grim looked especially annoyed with him.

"Tell me you haven't been paying attention without actually saying it, why don't you?!"  Yuu thought to herself irritably.

Before Grim could say anything, feeling his irritation from the heat of his flaming ears, she held her hand up to the cat and spoke to Peter, keeping her tone patient and actively trying not to blow up on him and become blunt, while also keeping her voice down in case any potential eavesdroppers come by, "While I agree having an escape plan would be wise, this whole situation isn't about the throne. This is about rescuing Riddle, Ace, Deuce, Trey, and Cater from their comatose states and getting them to wake up. Wonderland isn't their homes; Twisted Wonderland is,"

Grim chimes in, "Not the brightest magic orb is an understatement of the century! You finally caught onto the fact that we're at a detriment with just Gosalyn and Doofus being able to do anythin'?! Why do you think Yuu came up with that Joker's Gambit plan?!"

She then continues to point out, "Riddle's unique magic is what's cutting us off from our ability to use our magic. To a mage, losing their magic is like losing their head. That's another part of why I planned the alliance: If Riddle knows we are allies, we get access to our magic back and we'll be able to do more to help those five. It's also why I established the plan, Joker's Gambit to begin with,"

She silently hoped that Peter hadn't forgotten that too.

Grim also mentions grumbling, "If only we could force that limitation off of us like Leona did!"

Yuu could only shake her head. From what she remembers, Leona was the only student who was able to accomplish forcing Riddle's Unique Magic off, and he was the Dorm Leader of Savanaclaw! Not to mention, he did that right before Overblotting. He was lazy and conniving, but he was the dorm leader because of that conniving nature as well as the sheer power of his magic.

She then finishes speaking to Peter, "If you want to handle securing an exit, I'll leave it to you. But only if you take it seriously and do it discreetly. Do I make myself clear?"

She then looks to Gosalyn, and whispers quietly, "Let's see what Ace has to say before sneaking off anywhere. If he senses anything, it might help narrow down any search and the number of rooms you have to sneak into,"

Out of Character

Planning and plotting...

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Ace made a displeasured noise as he was pulled out from under the cloak "ugh... we're in... good" He hummed then seemed to close his eyes and you could see twitching like he trying to reach out with his mind to connect with his body. "hmm... I feel something."

A light beeping sound came from Lilly's device "huh?" She floated over towards a wall and ran the device over it "Captain... my device is picking up something odd beyond this wall

Captain Prospero hummed as he walked over and checked the wall then seemed to find something "what this..." He worked with the wall and found something that could be gripped and pulled it. A click was heard and the wall panel opened up like a door. It seemed to lead into a dark tunnel

Lilly pulled out a small marble and lit it and shined it into the tunnel but the light only lit up so far "I wonder what this passage is." She muttered

Ace hummed "I don't know but I think that's a good starting point for an investigation."

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim look to each other as Ace answers, letting them know that he feels something. Grim comments, "Sounds like we're on the right track then,".

Then their attention is drawn to Lilly as she seems to find something. After a bit of investigation from Prospero, they found a switch and opened a secret passage! Yuu was surprised but she praised Prospero and Lilly, "Wow! Nice job!" Grim chuckled at Ace's answer to Lilly's question, "Then what are we waitin' for? Let's go investigate!"

Yuu nodded before she raises her hood up. She looks to Prospero and Lilly as she asks them, "Can you keep watch out here? I do have my cell if you need to let us know if anyone is coming. Gosalyn, Doofus, do you want to come with?" She would also extend the invitation to investigate the tunnel to Peter Pan if he was still there and hadn't left to go find an exit.

Grim then mentions, "Yuu and I can easily see in the dark! So we can help navigate if we don't wanna carry a light,"

Out of Character

Using an action to lift the hood of the Cloak of Elvenkind to give advantage on Stealth.

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo

Gosalyn flourished her cape and then took the goggles that were resting atop her head to cover her eyes making them look comically huge. "As long as you think we will be okay down there if we run into trouble. What are the rules exactly for using magic if no one sees?" she asks this time in whisper as she prepares to follow.

rakish footwork   second wind    gunner

sharpshooter

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

Doofus - Symic Hybrid Barbarian5ae974e45701ef51f27b10d11f128d10.jpg

AC: 15 | HP: 57/65 | Rage: 2/4 | B.Soul: climb | Init: +2 | Speed: 40 feet | PP: 13 | Darkvision: 60'
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Resistances: None | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |

Doofus was struggling...he couldn't make head-nor-tail of what the King was up to. In all the stories he had heard about this "Wonderland" there was only one real power on the throne and that was the Queen herself. Why on earth was she on holiday? It seemed so out of character.

However, a good meal and a chance for adventure and exploration brought back the little blue aliens smile. "Doofus see real good!" he replied, before adding "...and can check wot's comin from up here!" With a chuckle he scrambled up the wall of the secret passage and dangled from the ceiling.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: none.
Bonus Action: none
Move: climb the wall onto the ceiling
Manipulate: none

• 2 weeks later...

Peter's Sheet

Peter decides to head out and let them deal with the passage as he heads to the designated area where the party would take place. Along the way he looks at every wall closely while trying not to catch the attention of other's as much. Surveying the big party room of any signs of secret passage and otherwise. Then he would look to see the closest escape routes necessary to at least get to the back garden or route to get to the ship as fast as possible. Looking for all routes he could. Bedside's she did ask for discretion but didn't say how to go bout it being discretely. "Okay Peter just take your time and relax, any trouble you perform your way out. Anti-magic sucks worse then tubby's wake up farts.... ugh.... there has to be an escape plan these guys follow in case the castle is under siege and the staff would have to have ideas of it to" Peter thought.

Name
Perception check for generalization of the party room and any halls from Ship to room that stand out
1d20+8 8
Investigation for secret passages and how to open them?
1d20+3 11

Prospero gave a nod "we'll stay here, try to find out what's going on... the queen being on vacation is very off."

Yu, Grim, Quiverwing, and Doofus all entered into the dark tunnel, thanks to their darkvision they are able to see into the tunnel without difficulty however as they go deeper even their darkvision seems to start failing them as something fog like seems to engulf their vision and you all start feeling a little funny almost lightheaded then the fog clears up and you find you come to the end of the tunnel and you find yourself in a large bedroom chamber lightly decorated of some things of wonderland but you could tell that this isn't wonderland, no it fact it seems like you've wound up in a different castle entirely.

Sitting in the room on a throne like chair appears to be a large queen like women sleeping in a red and black dress, snoring loudly, Almost all of you familiar with the tale of Alice in Wonderland immediately recognize the Queen of Hearts.

She appears to be sleeping, what do you do?

~~~

Peter as you go off and explore hallways and the party room, everything seems straightforward and there appears to be no secret passages however once you enter the party hall. You do note that it is massive, and the tables could seat at least a few hundred people, there are several doors connecting to the room and every so often you see one open and a servant come out and do something to help setup then retreat however on one particular come out, a young maid comes out and starts polishing the tables, She appeared to have a single heart embordered on her upper sleeve which seemed to draw your attention for some reason. You then briefly recall the Jack of Spades saying that those with a heart suit are usually soldiers so why would a young woman with a heart symbol be working as a maid?

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu answered Gosalyn's question before leaving, "We still won't be able to use magic, even if he can't see us," Grim even chimed in, "Hah, if only it worked only in his line of sight. That would have been great..." 

When Prospero informed them that they'll stay, she answered his request to find out what's going on with a determined nod of her head. She affirms to Gosalyn and Doofus, "Let's go,"

She leads through the tunnel warily, with Grim still on her shoulders. As they go further and further, the darkness noticeably becomes harder to see through and it was easy to tell that something was happening. Before going Twisted Wonderland, a little drowsiness and light-headedness might have stopped the timid girl before. But Yuu and Grim had trudged through thick darkness with Sebek Zigvolt before. Surely, they can do it again with Gosalyn and Doofus. So, she kept leading on undeterred and determined.

And it was rewarded: They reached the end of the tunnel and out of the darkness. Both Grim and Yuu were wide eyed upon seeing the Queen of Hearts herself, snoring in a throne like chair.

"Minion...! She's...!"
"The First of the Great Seven. The Spirit of Strictness; The Queen of Hearts herself...!"

They then glanced around the room,

"Where are we anyways?"
"I don't know, but...I don't think we're in Wonderland anymore. This is clearly a different castle,"

Grim then hops off of Yuu's shoulder and he proclaims, "Well! Let's wake her up--!"

"Wait a minute. Just dispelling that could be dangerous,"

Grim looks confused before she clarifies, "She's definitely been put to sleep by magic. But...this isn't dark magic. It's Light Magic...?! A blessing?"

"Whaaaat?! Now that you mention it...You're right! It's subtle, but it's definitely just like what we've been taught in class!" Grim commented after looking towards the Queen of Hearts himself. "Wait....could it be...?"

Yuu lifts Ace's face for him to see the Queen of Hearts and to look at Yuu herself afterwards, and she told everyone, in shock "It's the same magic as what's affecting you, Ace!"

"Grrr! Just what is going on?" Grim asked in confusion and irritation.

"Let's investigate this room further. There might be more clues that can shed a little more light on this situation. Ace, if you remember anything, don't hesitate to let us know,"  Yuu advised before she and Grim began investigating the room.

Yuu would also take a look out of a window (if there is any) to see if she can recognize the location.

Out of Character

Start Investigating the area.

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Name
Investigation
1d20+7 1
Investigation (Grim's Help)
1d20+7 4

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo

Gosalyn gasped in surprise when she beheld the Queen of Hearts. "Wait a minute, if the King said she was on vacation, did he know that she was down here? Light magic? Who would know light magic here? How did that work with Riddle being here?" She would ask in a hushed whisper also looking around for anything out of place.

actions

perception for spotting anything out of place?

rakish footwork   second wind    gunner

sharpshooter

Name
perception
1d20+1 1

As the group looks around the room trying to figure out where they are exactly and what's going on, Yu happens to glance out a nearby partly open window. Upon a look outside she sees a cliff view overlooking a massive ocean and what appears to be a port city, it appears to be almost night out. A peer out of window and look around shows a castle of sorts however you are not sure what castle it is but you are sure it is not the castle in wonderland.

Quiverwing you can't discern anything unusual aside from the wonderland stuff, but you guess that was brought by the queen of hearts to this room. You have the feeling that this might be a semi-permanent residence as there are clear indications of someone living here full time. However, it does look like there are efforts to keep the place clean and you guess it might be some sort of housekeeping or other servant.

Ace looked at the Queen of hearts... his face seem to be flat like he was keeping his emotions in check "I don't remember anything persay... but when I look at her I feel indifferent... as if i don't care what state she's in... which is both odd as you would think I have more admiration for one of the great seven but then I have this dark smug feeling similar to when Riddle was being a tyrant and getting his just desserts."

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu looks out the window at the scenery before them. She murmurs as she thinks over all of the possible locations both in her world and Twisted Wonderland, "Where are we...?"

She seemed to think carefully before turning her attention back to Ace. Upon hearing him voice his thoughts and feelings about not caring about the Queen of Hearts, her mind immediately recalled Crowley's story, "Crowley did repeat what the Phantom Blot said during his encounter when he told us what happened. That the Phantom Blot wanted the Great Seven to be known as 'The Gallery of Rogues that they are'. Your feelings right now must be part of that. Just what did he do...?!"

Grim looked out as well, and he asked, "Hey, Minion. We're not in Wonderland anymore right? That means we're not under Riddle's spell anymore, right?" He gained a mischievous look as he pointed out, "Maybe that spell can help us out?"

Yuu's eyes widened and she commented, "Oh yeah! I forgot about that spell for a good while! Let's give it a shot!"

She hands Ace to Doofus and she asks him, "Can you please hold onto Ace and stand by the Queen of Hearts for me, Doofus?"

After he does so, both Yuu and Doofus begin to cast Identify, aiming the spell on the Light Magic on Ace and the Queen of Hearts, if she can manage both in one casting

Out of Character

Rolling History to see if she can identify the location from the appearance.

She will also try and cast Identify since they're not in Wonderland anymore on the magic that's on Ace and the Queen of Hearts. If she has enough time to do a Ritual Casting, she will do so, otherwise she'll use a spell slot (or two depending on GM ruling). @SMARTAgentKC

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Name
History
1d20+7 12
Wizard Spellcasting Check?
1d20+7 9

(I'll allow a ritual casting)

As Yuu and Grim setup their ritual for the identify spell, Yuu attempts to recall any history she knew about the location, however she is not familiar with the land at all. It does not appear to be anywhere she ever traveled to however she did brief recall on her search when trying to sort out where to go, that many review comment of various noted destinations warned about a land of darkness and that any smart traveler would avoid going to such places. It seems to match the overall feeling of the area but Yuu would have to confirm that with an expert on traveling to different locations.

Upon completing the setup for the ritual cast for Identify and casting it. Yuu would attempt to identify the magic that was surrounding both the queen of hearts and Ace. At first the identify magic seems to come up with something however Yuu suddenly feels like someone is actively trying to block her spell from fully identifying the magic and it feels a lot more powerful than Riddle's magic

Yuu give me a wizard spellcasting check