Level 2.1: Not so Wonderful Wonderland

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu chuckled at Gosalyn and Doofus spoke up. She answered Gosalyn first, "I don't think it is. The girlfriend wasn't actually involved in that incident. If anything, I hypothesize that the memories Ace has of this Wonderland is based off of his actual memories from Twisted Wonderland. That would explain why he's "married" to the girl he dated in Middle School. But again, this is just a hypothesis,"

Grim then laughed, "When things calmed down and we rescued Riddle and the rest of the Heartslabyul, we'll recount that Ghost Bride incident for ya. It was annoying, but the Comedy of Errors was hilarious!"

Yuu sighed, "You do remember that Idia Shroud came very close to actually dying then, right?"

When Doofus asked who they were going to wallop, she told Doofus, "Oh! Not yet, Doofus. But soon," She then elaborated to Ace, Gosalyn, Doofus, Peter Pan, and Prospero, "I think our next best step is to get to this 'Sector D8'. I would feel better if we can ensure that everyone else is okay, and it would be good to see what this blight is, and ascertain the differences between it and the Legion we just saw,"

Out of Character

Check with Ace...

Yuu's Statblock

[b][url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2680336]Yuu Chiba[/url][/b] 
[I]Variant Human Wizard (War) 6 [/i] 

[b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 32/32 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft 

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Darkvision: 60 feet

Level 1 Feat: Martial Adept 
You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.
You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

4th Level ASI: +2 INT

4th Level Feat: Eldritch Adept
Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

Eldritch Invocation: Armor of Shadows
You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses passive Perception 13
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

Edited by Guardian Angel Haruki (see edit history)

Ace hummed at Yuu's hypothesis, "I hope you're right Yuu... something tells me I don't want to be a part of this world... but I can't quite figure out why that is."

"oh it is because to most you already lost your head, and to them that means you are dead." A voice replied then chuckled "why hang around here when you can go there, to a wonderland that is truly a wonder even though it is twisted."

Jukes grunted "huh..." He looked around "who said that."

Squints made a noise "Kitty!" She called out as she pointed towards the foresail.

In the branches of the front mast a purple and pink striped cat with yellowish eye laid in them with a big wide grin on his face.

Ace made a noise "You!"

The cat laughed "well well, looks like ole Acy regained his face, too bad you didn't heed my words and lost your body. Oh well a face is worth much more than a body I would think." He would laugh. 

Ace growled "you told me that was the way out of this world."

"And it was..." The cat stated, "I did not lie, I even told you that you would lose your head, but I suppose you were already halfway there."

Ace growled "well luckily I seem to have found someone who knows who I really am."

"oh yes indeed... and you brought them here too, now the madness can spread, oh I love it." He laughed 

Jukes grunted "Captain, it's that weird cat creature that speaks in riddles."

Prospero moaned "Cheshire..." He called like he was greeting a friend "hanging out on my fore sail," 

Cheshire chuckled "of course O Captain my Captain, hanging out is what I do best. I'd welcome you back, but you shouldn't have returned especially today."

Prospero hummed "why not today."

Cheshire hummed "why today is undoing day, everything that was put together will come apart and if you all are not careful you may also come apart just like me." He laughed manically as his head bobbed freely back and forth and the rest of his limbs and body also started bobbing around then faded away leaving only Cheshire's smiling mouth to mark that the cryptic cat is still around to talk.

Prospero hummed "I made the choice to come Cheshire, a friend has friends here who are in danger." 

"Does she..." Cheshire purred then the smile floated over to her as Cheshire appeared orbiting around Yuu and Grim while looking at them purposely turning himself to keep his eyes locked onto them "I thought she knew..." He purred "her friends are not here, they are back in their world, it was told to her." He smiled at Yu "multiple times."

Prospero hummed "We're thinking that something here is causing some of them to be asleep in their world. That's why we're here" 

"oh, it is... it is..." Cheshire purred as if he knew what was going on "legion and blight... two forces trying to consume wonderland, one in the name of vengeance, the other in the name of destruction. It wouldn't have been a problem had someone not created them."

Prospero hummed "let me guess Phantom Blot."

Cheshire chuckled "yes and no..." He purred then laughed at the duology of the answer "Phantom Blot created the threat to build his masterpiece yes, but for an artist to create, he must have the supplies, find out where he got the supplies and then you will find what you seek but like you've been warned before." A rotation occurred as Cheshire's head became the head of a certain purple haired, cat-earred boy from Twisted Wonderland Royal Swords academy that Yu knew, Che'nya "Who you see may or may not be the friends you once knew." Che'nya/Cheshire laughed as they faded away. 

"oh before I go," A small chessboard appeared on the deck, and three pieces appeared on it in certain positions, one of a miniature model of the airship the group was on placed on the first column about middle of it, the other a castle near the left most corner, and the third a Rose symbol at the top and center of the board "You might want to know you are on A5 and B1 is where the King is and D8 is where your friends are currently," Each piece shimmered as they were talked about then two arrow symbols appeared pointing due south and North east  "but don't worry they soon will return to the king as they left today so you don't have to go fight not unless you want to, although you might want to be careful, if you use magic without permission, you might just find it being unable to be called upon, thank the prince for that." Laughter was heard.

Ace growled "figures, Riddle would make things more difficult... just like before."  

Prospero hummed as he looked at the chessboard "well we got our course headings." He looked at Yu and the others "I heard D8 from you, Yu and I too am somewhat curious about this blight but the permission to use magic concerns me, Lilly already said that we can only use magic to keep the ship afloat and moving, everything else might not work including shields and weapons. I hate to go into big combat without those."

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim both looked confused at Ace's words.

What was he saying right now? He remembered he was originally from Twisted Wonderland, didn't he? He recognized Yuu and Grim earlier on the ship before they came here!

Before they could ask, another voice made itself known, and both wizard and familiar looked around for the source. She had a feeling everyone thinking Ace is dead might have been the case here, but to hear it confirmed so casually...!

Squints pointed out the source quickly. Yuu and Grim looked up to see the purple and pink cat with the wide smile on his face. They were even more surprised to hear Ace recognize him. When it was revealed that this cat revealed a way for Ace to get out of this world at the price of his body, Yuu and Grim gained wary and suspicious glares towards the cat. Yuu and Grim were even ready to try and use magic despite Riddle's Unique Magic in the area. The intensity of their glares seemed to increase when the cat mentioned that now that Ace brought them here, the madness can spread.

Prospero then spoke with the cat. The both of them listened as the Cheshire Cat said that today was 'Undoing Day'. Yuu took a step back as the Cat unraveled himself, leaving only a smile behind, while Grim's hackles rose. This creature definitely reminded them of Chen'ya...

Then she and Grim were brought into the conversation.

When the smile orbited around the both of them and he made his comments, Yuu spoke up seriously, "I haven't forgotten or disregarded the warnings from Headmage Crowley and the Friends on that matter, if that's what you're implying,"

"Yeah! And we learned a thing or two from Diasomnia: If you can't wake 'em up from the outside, then do something from inside the dream!" Grim chimed in rebelliously.

Prospero confirmed their words with the current hypothesis that something in this world is keeping them asleep in Twisted Wonderland, and it was confirmed by the Cheshire Cat. It was clear to Yuu and Grim that he knew more than he was letting on. The both of them listened as the Cheshire Cat revealed that while the Phantom Blot did create this problem to begin with, he was using something else as 'supplies'. Both Yuu and Grim came to the same conclusion, after recalling that Ace's face was in Overblot, and the legion seemed to formed with Blot.

The Phantom Blot is using someone's Overblot State to do this...

She nodded in thought about finding the supplies, who was in overblot, to solve this problem...

But then, the Cheshire Cat did something truly disturbing: One turn of his head, and now the both of them were looking at Chen'ya's head! (Not that they haven't seen Chen'ya as just a head before! This was a different situation!)

As he gave his warning and disappeared laughing, her hands clenched into fists.

She knew that. She was prepared to do what it takes, even if she had to fight them...right?!

The Cheshire Cat continued to speak and seemed to summon a Chessboard on the deck of the ship. She quickly took Ace's Face before heading over to inspect the board and listened to the Cheshire Cat's voice speak informing them of their locations and the others. Yuu mumbled "Of course...why didn't I think of this? Of course D8 would refer to a space in Chess..."

Then they were given the warning about not being able to call magic. Yuu nodded as though she had expected that, and after Ace made his comment on that problem, Grim piped up, "Well yeah. That was Riddle's Unique Magic. Like I'd ever forget that stupid collar it forced on me...!"

Yuu turned her attention to Prospero as he mentioned that they now have course headings and while he felt the same about going to D8, Riddle's magic would make it difficult for them to handle a fight. Yuu sighed, "That's a good point. We can't really help anyone if we don't have access to everything in our arsenal,"

She sighed, "Then it looks like we don't have much of a choice: We'll have to go to the Palace for now. Hopefully, we can get more information there, and figure out the 'supplies' the Phantom Blot used,"

Grim looked scared as he asked, "Minion, you don't think....?"

Yuu nodded, "Yeah...I think the Phantom Blot might have induced Overblot..."

She then looked to Prospero and she asked, "I might as well ask, just in case: Have people who come here gone mad before? Is there any way to safeguard against it?"

She had more questions, especially for Ace since he now recognized the Cheshire Cat as the one who got him out of this world as a face...but she would have to ask later...

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyoGosalyn's eyes widened when she saw the Cheshire cat creepily chatting about heads. She shivered it took all her instincts not to run from cover from one of her nightmares. Her eyes glanced at the chess board when it appeared her mind racing. In one of the stories she distinctly remembered chess being really important to this world. While she knew the king was the ultimate goal in the game she was cautiously looking for any more information she could find in this weird world. "I agree I think the King is the goal here if I remember right this world has a lot of chess metaphors, but we still need to be careful." she said in thought.

Actions

what position were we starting at as in as a pawn , knight etc? any other pieces on the board? using history to recall what she can about the original story or any other information.

rakish footworkYou also gain an additional way to use your Sneak Attack; you don’t need advantage on the attack roll to use your Sneak Attack against a creature if you are within 5 feet of it, no other creatures are within 5 feet of you, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. All the other rules for Sneak Attack still apply to you.   second windYou have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.     gunnerYou gain proficiency with firearms (see “Firearms” in the Dungeon Master’s Guide).
You ignore the loading property of firearms.  Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.

sharpshooterSharpshooter You have mastered ranged weapons and can make shots that others find impossible. You gain the following benefits: Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.  Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)
Name
history
1d20+2 19

Quiverwing, you clearly remember the second story in Alice in wonderland in which Alice climbed through a large mirror to get to a countryside designed like a chessboard and Alice has to literally move like a pawn to advance to the back row and be promoted to a queen however you are pretty sure that what is unfolding here isn't the same as the story. For starters there appears to be no queen or any opposing pieces on the board itself and there is nothing indicating where the enemies of the blight and legion are but you suspect that Cheshire didn't give you a full board to look at just two points each with a general single direction to go in but if you were a chess buff you would realize that the airship could literally go anywhere even off the board which made it even better then the queen.

Prospero hummed at Yuu’s question. "I haven't heard of any outsiders falling into the madness but there are tales the residents of wonderland itself are at least a little mentally off. They do things that one might consider weird to most like for example the royals especially the queen here were quite fond of croquet but the equipment they used was quite unusual."

Jukes huffed "yeah who would think to use a live flamingo as a mallet, a live hedgehog for a ball and a bunch of card soliders as the arches."

Ace hummed "well actually minus the card soldiers that's exactly how we did it in Heartslabyul as well.

Jukes grunted "you serious! that animal abuse.

Ace made a noise. "No in Heartslabyul the animals we used were well taken care of and the animals didn't mind or at least as long as you praised them afterwards.

Jukes humphed "still crazy if you ask me."

Prospero hummed "that aside, I have yet to hear of a person who visited Wonderland become mad themselves but that doesn't mean it isn't possible, anyone can be driven mad if continously forced to do things a certain way and get punished for not doing so

Ace hummed "yeah especially if the person forcing it is a tyrant." He exhaled "like Riddle"

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim looked to Gosalyn as she voiced her thoughts. She nods in agreement and comments, "Good thinking, Gosalyn,"
She would listen to what Gosalyn had to say about the chessboard carefully.

Her attention is brought back to Prospero as he answered her question. When the topic of croquet equipment was brought up by him and Jukes, both she and Grim started awkwardly, "Umm..."

Thankfully, Ace already answered for them, explaining it was the same for Heartslabyul in Twisted Wonderland.

Yuu and Grim couldn't help but smile as Ace recounted how the hedgehogs and flamingos were well taken care of and how they didn't mind. The smile disappeared as Prospero brought the conversation back to the matter at hand. The way his answer concluded reminded Yuu of how Riddle's Overblot started: The students couldn't take it anymore. Ace spoke the truth, sure, but one of the students actually threw an egg at Riddle...

She and Grim sighed along with Ace at the mention of Riddle being a tyrant.

Grim complained, "Oh brother! Here we go again! Are we going to have to snap him out of his tyranny again?"

Yuu face palmed, "I would not be surprised if that is the case," She then looked to Prospero, "Anyways, thank you for letting us know, Prospero. We'll be sure to keep it in mind,"

She also added, "While we head to the castle, we should talk strategy. Just in case a fight does break out. I do need to inform you guys of Trey's, Cater's, and Deuce's unique magic,"

"You think it'll come down to fighting those three too?" Grim asked in surprise,

"Honestly, I'm hoping it won't. But, we still need to be prepared if they do attack," Yuu answered solemnly.

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Peter's Sheet

Peter Didn't really care for much about the predicament since this place already seemed like an embodiment of chaos already. The cat showing up is like seeing the indians in the woods, trying to be scary and all. Peter hung back with Doofus and kinda thought about the world there getting into. He thinks about what kind of wierd stuff that could happen.... and then Bam! he realizes there is no plan when chaos is around. Though this was his first time being here he attempts to go into a think tank of if he knows generally what "Rules" There are here and whom to go after if a battle did come out and how unique the magic can really be

What's going on in Peter's head This maybe Peter's 1st time in wonderland but though all his travels he had to know what kinds of things that can/will/should happen when your in wonderland and is trying to narrow down some general idea of how wonderland works. The hierarchy, playing games with the flamingos with hedgehogs as balls... which is hilarious. but overall getting a general idea of what they could be getting into.... Hence a straight up Intelligence check. Since I am not on specifics yet that is what the roll is for.

For once peter might actually be a smarty pants

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)
Name
Intelligence check
1d20 15

• 2 weeks later...

Peter despite your lack of knowledge of wonderland, you are lightly familiar with various games, you remember the lost boys telling you a story about how john tried to handle the natives using some sort of plan to wait for them then ambush em however they also report that the natives got the jump on them first before John could use his plan. You suspect there's a leader calling the shots but you don't think it's Prince Riddle, Prince Riddle appears to be leading the troops but there should be someone else above him directing him.

~~~

With a general agreement that they should head to the palace Prospero made his move

"okay Big Blue take us to the king."

The flying whale made a low moan as the ship turned towards the south and traveled in the direction where the king was supposed to be.

~~~ Meanwhile ~~~

A pipsqueak of a king was looking at his own chessboard and he was seeing the airship piece move across the board towards his space

The king made a noise "what is this piece... how can it move like so."

A card soldier who appeared to have a Jack of Spades symbol on him ran up "Your majesty, we got an inbound, it appears to be a ship on a giant flying whale."

The king made a noise "a ship on a giant flying whale..." He made a noise "oh... that explains it!" He made a noise "Blackjack send out a directing signal and deploy the large landing pad that ship is an old friend, Captain Prospero, please greet him when he arrives and guide him to my main meeting hall"

"Yes sir!" The card soldier stated then ran off

"Oh I had hope he would visit us again one day..." The king moaned as he moved away from his board and into the castle passing a servant "Ten Diamond, rouse up the chef, have him prepare a banquet for our guests also rouse housekeeping and prepare some bed chambers for them.

"At once." The servant replied

~~~

As the group approached area B1 they saw a castle with a massive rose bush maze in the courtyard however as they approached. Something shot out of the castle with a white smoke trail and shot towards the ship like a missile, it zipped past then circled around and a good look showed it was a card soldier flying on what appeared to be a paper airplane holding a weird duck like creature with an old fashion vehicle horn for a face and body

"Attention, Attention..." The duck like creature sounded loudly as the card soldier lightly squeezed it "approaching air ship, please follow the following flight plan, proceed to the deployed landing pad off the left side of the castle,"

Prospero hummed as he gave a hand signal of acceptance "roger that."

The card soldier would return towards the castle and Prospero would fly the ship towards the directed landing pad and as they approached everyone would see a massive cloud like landing pad

Prospero hummed "might be in for something everyone, can never tell what type of landing pad they put out."

As Big Blue came in for a landing, the whale sunk into the cloud with a frooph however one could tell that the amount of cloud padding made the landing less like a bump but more like being caught in a soft cloth.

Big Blue made a relaxing noise as it settled into the softness a long sigh was heard as the whale relaxed

Prospero hummed "Rest up Big Blue, we'll most likely need you later."

A clanking sound was heard as a drawbridge was cranked out by the Jack of spades card soldier who upon attaching it to the edge of the ship gave an attentive salute "Greeting Captain Prospero, his majesty is most pleased you have returned, if you and your crew would please disembark quickly, his majesty is waiting for you in his main meeting hall."

Captain Prospero smiled "of course, alright everyone you heard him, disembark and try not wander away, he wants to meet us all."

"eh Captain," Jukes said "what of his uh... wife... should we uh do anything..."

The soldier hummed "don't have fear, her majesty the Queen of Hearts is currently away on a much-needed personal vacation, she won't be meeting with you."

Captain Prospero hummed "vacation huh... interesting..."

Yuu Chiba & Grim

During the flight there, Yuu relayed her plans to the rest of the party. When they got close to B1, Yuu and Grim watched their surroundings as the whale flew. When they arrived, they took in the sight of the castle and the garden.

"Woooaaah! Minion, that garden looks a lot like the one from the Heartslabyul Dorm!" Grim pointed out, clearly in awe.
"That certainly brings back memories," Yuu mumbled to herself

During this time, Yuu hurried over to Ace's face and she quickly took him. She told him, "Keep quiet until I bring you out, alright? I'm bringing you with us, just in case your body is actually in there," After telling him this, and getting an answer from him, she tucks Ace's face away under the Cloak of Elvenkind, keeping him hidden from sight.

Then the projectile from the castle approached: it was a card soldier on a paper airplane? Yuu felt herself somewhat relax when it turned out that they were just giving a flight plan so that the whale airship can land safely. After all is said and done, the whale is now resting on a cloud.

Yuu and Grim heard Prospero's and Jukes conversation, and the cat chimed in, "There is Riddle though. He was working hard to emulate the Queen of Hearts,"

Yuu didn't really add to that conversation. She gave a sigh. That didn't go unnoticed by Grim. He asked, "Minion?"

Sensing what he was about to ask, Yuu spoke up, "I'm okay. I guess I'm just a little nervous,"
Grim could see what she meant. They were possibly about to see three more friends that they thought they were never going to see again...

Yuu hits both of her cheeks with her hands, and lets out a huff and speaks with more confidence this time, "Alright. Let's go!"

So far, so good....
Thank goodness Prospero seems to have a good reputation here.
Now...to check this place...

Yuu thought to herself as she goes with Prospero to the meeting room.

As they walk through, Yuu and Grim look around to see if there was anything unusual that didn't fit with how Wonderland is...

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Name
Yuu's Perception
1d20+2 17
Grim's Help on Perception
1d20+2 1

"Right I'll keep quiet." Ace stated as Yuu hid him under her cloak

As you travel through the castle Yuu, you notice it seems to have a design similar to interior of the Heartslabyul dorm but on a much grander scale. However it also seems to be in a strict order without any bends or twists or odd-looking things.

As you all approach the main hall, you realize it similar to the dorm's courtroom and a pair of thrones are next to each other, one built for a large person and one small. The large one was currently occupied by a small man who was clearly more the size for the smaller throne but had taken the bigger one almost as if he had taken over for the one who was supposed to be there. The man had a red royal robe and a gold crown the size of his head, brown hair done out in a straight angle with a stiff coil at the end was under the crown. The design almost suggested it was a wig of some sorts and he also had a small wand with a large heart at the end of it

The soldier walking with the group gave a bow "My liege, Presenting Captain Prospero and his crew. Captain, The ruler of our land The King of Hearts"

The man made a noise of delight as he jumped from the throne with ease almost as if he practiced doing so "Ah Captain Prospero, welcome back, welcome back. Oh I had hoped you would one day return to our land." He approached with a smile and it was clear the height difference made the small king look small but he appeared friendly which should be a good sign

Prospero smiled and bowed "it's always an honor your majesty. I hope my arrival isn't at a bad time.

"oh not at all, not at all in fact I'm considering using your ship to help move things around as some would say, I can always use something that can cross my kingdom in a matter of minutes instead of hours."

Prospero hummed "I'd love to help your majesty but before we start moving things, I need to introduce you to a pair who has a very serious request and problem." He made reference to Yuu and Grim. This is Yuu Chiba and her associate Grim, graduates of an otherworld magic academy known as Night Raven College who have been requested by the headmage of that academy to find some recently lost students who seemed to have transported themselves off world from their academy in a magical accident. We've been going to different worlds hoping to find these students but so far have come up empty handed however a recent lead has pointed us in this direction and I must ask if you've had any new arrivals.

"New arrivals..." The king of hearts echoed then tapped his wand against his mouth like he was thinking "well considering everything that has happened recently I wouldn't be surprised if someone new has arrived without my knowledge." He sighed "I have been under a lot of strain lately with creatures of destruction insisting on conquering my kingdom and they have been calling upon a lot of weird creatures to do so however I don't think students of magic were among them.

"that's good, that's good." Prospero stated "I'm pretty sure, these students wouldn't dare go against you or your kingdom for any reason." He gave a glance at Yuu "Right Miss Chiba, Grim." He stated prompting Yuu and maybe even Grim to take over the conversation.

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Upon hearing Ace's words of acceptance, Grim snickered quietly, "Wow...I totally thought he would make a joke regarding how close he is to you now, Minion,"

"Oh, I'm not surprised. After all, he knows what would happen if he made any such comments," Yuu quietly responded, half joking and half serious.

Yuu and Grim took in the sights of the palace in awe at how similar it was to the interior of the Heartslabyul dorm, only to a grander scale. A wave of nostalgia hits her and Grim. Soon enough, the card soldier leading them introduced them to the King of Hearts. Yuu couldn't help but smile upon seeing that the King was happy to see Prospero, like they were old friends.

She let Prospero lead at first. While the both of them spoke, Yuu glanced to Grim as though to say "Follow my lead", and that glance was directed to the rest of the party, with a small smile. Grim recognized the look in her eyes. It was the same look she had back in the Savanaclaw Dorm to get Leona and Ruggie to cooperate with her plan against Azul Ashengrotto.

Yuu answers Prospero when he asks his question, signaling it was time for her to take the lead,

"That is correct, Captain Prospero. If anything, the students in question hold this kingdom, its laws, and the rulers and people in high esteem,"

Yuu's voice was practiced, professional, and confident. It was as though she had practice before coming to this point. In truth though, she was thinking of Azul and Vil, and was trying to emulate the both of them.

She then bows in the same way Prospero did, and Grim clumsily repeats the bow. She greets the King, "We are honored to meet you, Your Highness. Please allow us to properly introduce ourselves. My name is Yuu Chiba,"

"And I am the Great Grim!" He looked like he wanted to go into his tirade about him being the boss and Yuu being the minion, but he held back.

Yuu continues, "As Captain Prospero graciously stated earlier, we are looking for the graduate students, my classmates, and we hope to bring them back home safely. Their families and friends are worried sick for them,"

"However before we make any requests of the sort, I do feel that it is important to mention that we did encounter one of the creatures of destruction you mentioned,"

"Oh yeah! Legion! It tried to get us, but thanks to Riddle--"

Yuu raises a finger and Grim stops talking as she interrupts him, reprimanding him slightly, "Ah ah ah! Mind your manners, Grim. He is Prince Riddle Rosehearts. There is a distinction,"

It was at that moment, Grim realized what Yuu was thinking: She was taking inspiration from the warnings about the friends might not actually being her friends for how to approach that subject! But first things first: Establishing an alliance of sorts.

"Oh yeah! My bad! A-Anyways, Prince Riddle Rosehearts totally chased it away and saved our tails! We also heard him answer a call for help to deal with something called the Blight,"

Yuu's attention was constantly on the King as she corrected Grim and he spoke. She got to the point,

"I brought this up because we know better than to rudely beseech your benevolence and ask for your help, or ask you any questions, without offering anything in return. We would be willing to assist with dealing with the Legion and Blight in return for your assistance in finding the lost students,"

"If those creatures of destruction are out and about, doin' as they please, then the students we're looking for might end up hurt or dead before we can get 'em back home!" Grim emphasized, as though he was coming to the realization himself.

Yuu nodded, "Exactly!" She looks to the King and she asks, "Your Highness, how does this deal sound?"

As Yuu and Grim spoke, Yuu studied the King for any unusual reactions. She was especially curious on how he would react upon hearing of Prince Riddle Rosehearts. His reaction could give some clues regarding the situation and whether or not he was affected by whatever the Phantom Blot did...

Out of Character

Rolling Insight into the King

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Name
Insight King of Hearts
1d20+5 5
Grim's Help on Insight!
1d20+5 16

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyoGosalyn was thinking over the things that they had learned so far. The fact that the Queen was on vacation seemed highly suspicious to her, she had never heard of the Queen of Hearts doing such a thing. She had agreed to let Yuu do the talking but gave her best innocent smile and a bow to the King as they approached.

Actions

rakish footworkYou also gain an additional way to use your Sneak Attack; you don’t need advantage on the attack roll to use your Sneak Attack against a creature if you are within 5 feet of it, no other creatures are within 5 feet of you, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll. All the other rules for Sneak Attack still apply to you.   second windYou have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.     gunnerYou gain proficiency with firearms (see “Firearms” in the Dungeon Master’s Guide).
You ignore the loading property of firearms.  Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.

sharpshooterSharpshooter You have mastered ranged weapons and can make shots that others find impossible. You gain the following benefits: Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.  Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

As Yuu and Grim make their proposal and were watchful for the king's reaction. The king of hearts seemed to be listening with an even expression and he was lightly nodding. "Yes, this deal does sound good, and I'm sure if I tell my son you are helping us, he'll be willing to add you to the ranks and help us deal with both Legion and Blight." He got a smile "Riddle has been quite the asset in dealing with the threats to my kingdom. He has taken over as the leader of my forces quite well and I dare say he'll become a fine ruler when I retire, worthy of his mother's throne."

Although his tone is even, Grim detects a bit of a sour note in his majesty's voice when it comes to talking about his son almost as if he's forcing himself to say something that's not fully true.

Prospero hummed "How is your wife your majesty, I heard that she's on vacation. I'm surprised she is..."

"I do not need to bother her with such matters." The King of Hearts suddenly cut in "especially when she is on vacation. Poor woman needed one I assure you and I do not need to have her return."

Both Grim and Quiverwing definitely detected something sour in the king's tone on that line. It almost makes them want to question that line, but something also tells them that there's a landmine under that question card and to flip it at their own risk.

Prospero also seems to detect that the subject is tender and puts on an apologetic smile "oh yes I'm very sure she does, ruling a kingdom is not an easy task." It is clear in his tone that he doesn't want people to press the matter

"yes, yes it is not." The king stated then what sounds like a grandfather clock chiming was heard "oh... praise the stars above." The king stated "another battle day has been completed." He smiled at Prospero "Captain Prospero considering the offer of Miss Chiba, are you willing to aid us with your ship."

"of course your majesty." Prospero stated "I have offered my ship and crew entirely to Miss Chiba's disposal. If she is in agreement my ship myself and my crew are at your disposal"

"splendid, splendid..." The King of Heart cheered "I've already made preparations for you, your crew and all to have rooms and to join myself and my son and his personal legion in a banquet tonight. No matter what my son managed to do today I'm sure it will be something to celebrate." He smiled at everyone "you all will join us won't you?"

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Upon hearing the sour notes in the King's words, one of Grim's flaming ears twitched, and he had to consciously keep himself from reacting at all. Both Yuu and Grim gave a quick glance to each other, and Yuu noticed that Prospero backed off on the topic of the Queen of Hearts. She decided that now wasn't the best time to press the topic.

Thankfully, the sound of a clock interrupted them, and the King became cheerful again. She raised an eyebrow at the mention of the battle day. She couldn't help but wonder...

Were Blight and Legion following a schedule? One would think that both Legion and Blight would take the opportunity to strike and destroy if their opponents weren't fighting anymore just because it was the end of the day...

That was something to think about as well...

She looked to Prospero with a grateful look at the mention that he was willing to lend his ship and crew to help with this.

She was also surprised and curious to hear that the King had already made arrangements, rooms and food, for them. That brought up a worrying thought: He knew they were coming? Well, then again...Ches gave them a chessboard that showed them the castle and where Riddle and the others were. Maybe the King had one too? But...to what extent did he know they were coming?

Again, that was something to think about.

The King invited them to a banquet celebrating Riddle's and the others' efforts in the battles. She gave a smile and a bow again as she answered his invitation politely, "We would be honored and delighted to join,"

Things are going well so far...
We now have an in, we can investigate the palace when possible, and we have opportunities to fight and investigate the Legion and Blight.
This banquet is also a perfect opportunity to check on Deuce, Trey, and Cater.
With any luck, they might remember...hopefully...

Yuu thought to herself. She picked up that Grim learned something from this conversation.

Out of Character

Rolling Insight into the King

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

"Excellent... Excellent..." The King of Hearts stated "It usually takes my son and his legion about an hour to return to the castle from where they are at. The banquet will be just after that. I'll send a messenger to notify you all that it is ready" He looked at the card soldier "Blackjack see to it our guests are guided to the guest quarters in the west wing of the castle and shown where their rooms are."

"Yes your majesty." The card soldier replied

The king smiled at the group "You are free to walk around the castle if you desire and ask any of the servants or guards for assistance or anything. My only rule is that you do not enter any private chambers without permission or announcing yourself and if it is after dark please do not make any excessive noise. The nighttime peace is one time I really do enjoy. See you at the dinner."

With a smile and wave the King sent the group off, and Blackjack escorted the group to the western wing of the castle, upon entering into the western wing, there appeared to be a common area lounge connecting to a variety of rooms including bedrooms, windowed lofts for studying, a gaming room with various board games and decks of cards, a small kitchenette with a stove and what appeared to be a cold food storage chest and even a small library, all and all this would be a great place to rest at, if the group wanted to.

"Like the king said," Blackjack stated "if you all need anything just ask one of the diamond or club servants, spades like me and numbered hearts are usually castle guards or soldiers, they can help direct you or escort you if you need it."

Prospero hummed "thank you, will we see you at the banquet?"

Blackjack hummed "wouldn't miss it. The pastries the clover family makes are phenomenal." He chuckled "I'll see you all later." He walked off

After the Blackjack exited the lounge area and closed the door. Prospero waited for a few moments to pass before letting out an exhale of relief "okay, Jukes guard the door, Lilly scout around and sweep this place for anything that can be used to listen in or watch us."

"Aye Captain." Both Jukes and Lilly replied then did as they were told, Jukes wheeling himself over to the door and standing by it listening for anything coming close. Lilly went around with a small device in her hands like some sort of scanner studying things. After a few minutes Lilly hummed "looks all clear Captain, nothing appears to be a hidden listening device or spy eye."

"Aye and we're clear by the door, ain't nobody out there."

Prospero hummed "okay then we should be fine." He hummed as he looked at the group "but I got the feeling this is the calm before the storm."

~~~ OOC ~~~

I'm giving the group 1.5 in game hours to do anything, including a short rest however if you don't need a short rest, there are plenty of options to spend your time including exploring the area or even talking to try and uncover some more information. You can also visit Sam's online shop if you didn't get a chance to earlier to prep for the upcoming combat sequences.

However, if you all just want me to advance the story just let me know.