Level 2.1: Not so Wonderful Wonderland

Peter's Sheet

Peter Take's mental notes that the place is massive and the big tables are to bulky for provision of covers. Yet he sigh's at no secret passages and cannot but help to ask how would royalty get out of the circumstances if bad things manage to happen. "Hmm this is gonna be a challenge. Massive, wide, exits hard to get to out and with so many doors there is so many ways this place can flank everyone by surprise... Hmmm" He thinks to himself and then the lovely Lady with a heart on her shoulder stands out. "Hmmm a soldier in disguise. I bet if anyone knows their way around here or emergency plans to get out, has to be one of them" Peter then thought. Before going to the woman Peter Takes a look at all the door's and if any have a label plaque to tell witch room is witch before walking up the lady. Then starts thing off with a hidden joke to try to not blow her cover, assuming she might be a warrior in disguise to hide in plain sight.

"So what brings a gal like you to a palace like this? Outfit dose not seem to suit you, Let me take a wild guess you failed a game of cards and ended at the bottom floor of the house or was it a special request? If you ask me this is beneath you" Peter said as he is improvising the joke. First time trying it with people he dose not know well

Name
Perception: on label doors and where the servants going in and out specifically
1d20+8 16
Performance: Comedy?  
1d20+7 7

As Yuu focuses her magic against the someone who is actively trying to block her, her magic seems to hold her spell in place however she can feel the presence and magical strength of the other caster almost as if they can do more but is holding their magic back from doing more then what it could.

"Oh it’s you…" A calm but boyish voice muttered in her mind "I suppose I can't ignore you really since you are trying to help solve the issue that’s come up even with your limits," The voice exhaled "now what are you trying to do… oh identify… I see you sense it, the life magic that protects all here from the destruction of death and maybe even brings them back to life if they were once destroyed. I guess you could call it a continuously regenerating death ward spell or maybe you could call it immortalization, If you’re going to ask how it got onto her and your friends, just chalk it up to someone high up overseeing everything and just be assured that it will remain as long as it is needed. Now I’m sure you got a lot of questions and such but really I can’t say anymore then what I already have at least for this little encounter but I’ll give you another hint, every person has multiple stories, one that is written by them,  one that is written by others, and the other is the truth, but the truth about oneself can become lost if one is not careful about what stories they hear from others.”

After this line you feel the presence fade away and you are left with the Queen of Hearts still sleeping. It appears she’s a sound sleeper.

~~~

As you look around for labels on doors Peter, you do note someone has placed small placards with names of places including Kitchen, Laundry, Housekeeping and several others including those leading outside, you figure that someone decided that for a big place they needed something to help the servants go through the right door to get to where they are needed quickly

As Peter made his opening line. The women flinched slightly in surprise but she quickly tried to regain her composure. Peter you can tell she didn’t expect someone to approach her like that and she trying to come up with a reasonable response to his line

“um… well that all depends see I was born a diamond but I got lucky and got a heart to marry me but now that he’s no more I return to being a diamond. I suppose I should be grateful that I’m even allowed to be here doing this considering what happened but I can’t help but feel differently about it.” She looked around for a moment then leaned in “you’re the one of the outsiders aren’t you…” She half whispered "I don't see a suit on you."

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo

As Yuu set up her ritual Gosalyn was careful to stay on guard. The whole place gave her the creeps especially the Queen of Hearts. Who knew what would happen if she woke up?

actions

rakish footwork   second wind    gunner

sharpshooter

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim work together to set up the ritual and perform it in order to identify the magic and understand it. What neither of them expected was for that feeling of someone consciously impeding their attempt.

Gosalyn and Doofus would have seen Yuu and Grim's eyes closed and focused as they performed the ritual, but their eyes widen and open in shock upon hearing the voice in their head. Yuu couldn't help but ask in surprise, "Riddle...?!" Considering his unique magic, and how Riddle is the one student who sounds boyish out of all of the students...it had to be him, right?

She listened to the words spoken in her mind, and she was definitely confused. She understood the narratives written by people themselves, others around them, and the truth of the matter. What confused her was that Riddle didn't seem to include himself when he mentioned her friends. Plus...wasn't everyone spared anyways if they were in a coma and were dreaming...? Why was life magic to this degree necessary? There was also another factor that caught her attention: He spoke like he was aware of why she was here. According to the King, he and the others wouldn't have returned to the castle until a certain time. Had she and the others taken too long in this area, and the King informed them of their offer to help? The ritual was only 10 minutes. Or...is Riddle aware of the fact that he and the rest of her friends are in a coma because of the Phantom Blot? Or is that too much to hope for?

Hers and Grim's mind reeled, after thinking about the words in her mind, Yuu next looked to the sleeping Queen of Hearts. If that spell is a regenerating Death Ward...then that may mean the Queen of Hearts might wake up.

She quickly took Ace back and she whispered to the others, "Let's go back. I'll explain what happened when we get back to Prospero and Lilly, "

Out of Character

Rolling Insight on (Riddle's?) the voice.

Yuu's Statblock

[b][url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2680336]Yuu Chiba[/url][/b] 
[I]Variant Human Wizard (War) 6 [/i] 

[b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 32/32 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft 

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Darkvision: 60 feet

Level 1 Feat: Martial Adept 
You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.
You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

4th Level ASI: +2 INT

4th Level Feat: Eldritch Adept
Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

Eldritch Invocation: Armor of Shadows
You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses passive Perception 13
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

Name
Insight on (Riddle's?) voice.
1d20+5 12

Doofus - Symic Hybrid Barbarian5ae974e45701ef51f27b10d11f128d10.jpg

AC: 15 | HP: 57/65 | Rage: 2/4 | B.Soul: climb | Init: +2 | Speed: 40 feet | PP: 13 | Darkvision: 60'
Buffs: None | Debuffs: None | Resistances: None | Inspiration: 0 | Exhaustion: 0 |

Doofus sniffed, crept, clambered and crawled down the tunnel, but apart from the strange sensation there was nothing unusual or dangerous to get him excited... but the other end of the tunnel revealed something much more promising. The Queen of Hearts herself!

"Off with him head!" Doofus chuckled as he mimicked the oft quoted lines he had heard in the stories. But this Queen wasn'tnearly as exciting as he'd been led to believe, she just snored and lolled in her throne. "Hmmff...boring!" he declared, before settling down at the Queens feet for a nap himself.

A few .inutes later he was awakened by the sound of chanting and stretched and yawned as he watched Yuu perform her ritual. Time to head back it seemed...the was no-one to fight here!!

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: none.
Bonus Action: none
Move: none
Manipulate: none

Peter's Sheet

Peter didn't Expect to hear a former marriage coming from her. Then the hearing of demotion because of marriage notified and put her back to the lesser crowd. Need less to say he also is conflicted at the moment not getting her involved but he needed an escape plan and that is what he is gonna do. "I don't mean to be sarcastic when I say this but is it that obvious? I even got a bit more dressed up then usual?" Peter replied first as he was still joking around to keep the conversation going. "I'm not suited for this kinda hierarchy if I have to say so myself" Peter Added to her whispered question. Then came the big question. "Look I don't exactly like to put anyone on edge but a party like this could bring party c rasher's. Any chance you know of "In case of emergencies get out this way" and I mean ways not many people know?" Peter whispered covering his mouth enough so no lip reading could be noticed upon asking away. Risky but what else more could you do?

Yuu, as you try to focus on the voice trying to figure out the owner intention, you get a strong sense that the one speaking to you knows of things that most shouldn't know plus his voice had a bit of a playfulness to it when he said 'chalk it up' which was something that wasn't a characteristic of Riddle plus he didn't include himself when he said you and your friends so maybe this voice isn't who you think it is.

Anyhow it seems leaving is rather straightforward, upon looking back you note what appears to be a portal of shadows, you're pretty sure that's the way you came but it begs the question of why a portal was hidden in a room to get you to see the Queen of Hearts in another castle. It draws into question on whether or not she's on vacation willingly.

You decide to head back into the portal and a few moments of traveling through the darkness you come back out into the lounge area where you left Prospero and his crew however it seems Peter isn't there.

Prospero hummed as he saw you all. "Find anything?" He asked

The girl giggled when Peter responded "I thought so,"

Upon Peter asking the big question, the girl hummed "well many in the castle know that if trouble is occurring and you either didn't cause it or don't want to be involved, the best way to get out is to shuffle yourself into the nearest deck." She pointed at the doors that if one didn't know any better looked like the back of a playing card. "but if you really want a quick out of the castle the closest deck to that is the kitchen which leads to the backyard garden." She hummed "you really think there's going to be trouble tonight... The battle day is over so Legion and Blight shouldn't attack," She hummed "or at least that's what the king promised us."

Gosalyn sheet  HP 53/53     AC 15 passive perception 11 Initiative +5 walk speed 25ft flight 50 ft

quiverwing_by_splatterphoenix_dby4wt8-250t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmM5YTk0OTUtOTZiMy00MjU1LTgwMTAtZWMzNDRlYTg3MWYzXC9kYnk0d3Q4LWVlNDZlOTgxLWVmNDYtNDAyZi04NzRmLWQ0MmMzMzEzYTNhMi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9ODAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.00U3Zbu00VDG5DehFruoSqc03IneucQYdkIxBBgSFyo

Gosalyn snuck behind the party as they headed back to the original room. She was careful to shut the secret door behind then. "What is our next move? What did you learn Yuu?" she asked still whispering.

actions

sharpshooter

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Peter's Sheet

Peter Soaked in all that bit of information with only one small question to ask but before he dose her question to him was both naive of her to ask. However at the exact same time peter gave some honest thought into it. "From my experience, just because someone says the battle is over does not mean when an opportunity to catch your opponent off guard to be advantageous is not off the table. Think about it .... realistically" Peter said watching her think on that notion for a moment before he once again covers his lips with his hands and ask. "Do you just walk right through to be shuffled or do you need a password on top of it?" Peter said just ear shot of the girl before nodding as if it were a gestured thank you.

The girl hummed "catching your opponent off guard," She hummed "that kinda reminds me of what Ace once told me." She hummed "he said never let your mark see your next move. I thought that was impossible but then he pulled a coin from behind my ear grinning widely when I asked him how he did that." She sighed in slight depression as if the memory was emotionally hard for her to remember then Peter asked his question "I think you can just walk right through... everyone used to do it often especially when the Queen of Hearts got really upset but I do remember if the real culprit tried to get shuffled in, the doors wouldn't open for them. Only if you were truly innocent you could shuffle yourself away from her wrath."

• 2 weeks later...
Yuu Chiba & Grim

As they returned to meet with Prospero and Lilly, Yuu seems to be lost in thought if not outright shellshocked after processing what just happened. Grim spoke first with a cocky grin, "Well, we found the Queen of Hearts herself! But she seemed to be fast asleep. I don't think we were in Wonderland though--"

"We were. I'm certain of it," Yuu cuts off Grim gravely.

She continues remaining quiet just in case, "The spell on her is the same as the one that's on Ace. Grim and I tried to use Identify on the spell on them, and..." She shudders for a moment before she continues, "Riddle...It felt like he could do more than just suppress magic, and we just got off lucky because we only used Identify. If we had used any other spell..."

She shakes her head, and she continues, "Anyways, the spell on them is like the spell Death Ward,"

"That explains why Ace is still alive! Even though he is just a face..." Grim commented thoughtfully.

Yuu continues, "We need to be much more careful though. I hate to sound paranoid, but I did learn a couple of other things. First, The Riddle we encountered may very well not be the Riddle I know. Secondly, Someone is overseeing this, and they may be watching us as we speak..."

Grim then asks, "Ain't there any way to make sure nobody spies on us?"

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Str[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 12 (1) [b]Wis[/b] 14 (2) [b]Int[/b] 18 (4) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0)

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

You have martial training that allows you to perform special combat maneuvers. You gain the following benefits:
You learn two maneuvers of your choice from among those available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class. If a maneuver you use requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice).
You gain one superiority die, which is a d6 (this die is added to any superiority dice you have from another source). This die is used to fuel your maneuvers. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

Commander's Strike: When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Tactical Assessment: When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.

Arcane Recovery: You have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.

Arcane Deflection: At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an attack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4 bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit: Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.
Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class.

You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Power Surge: Starting at 6th level, you can store magical energy within yourself to later empower your damaging spells. In its stored form, this energy is called a power surge.
You can store a maximum number of power surges equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one). Whenever you finish a long rest, your number of power surges resets to one. Whenever you successfully end a spell with dispel magic or counterspell, you gain one power surge, as you steal magic from the spell you foiled. If you end a short rest with no power surges, you gain one power surge.
Once per turn when you deal damage to a creature or object with a wizard spell, you can spend one power surge to deal extra force damage to that target. The extra damage equals half your wizard level.

Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Enduring Spellbook: This spellbook, along with anything written on its pages, can't be damaged by fire or immersion in water. In addition, the spellbook doesn't deteriorate with age.

Grim's Statblock

[img2=300]https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/68195-1029654253.png[/img2][/FLOATLEFT]Armor Class 12
Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Actions
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) slashing damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Prospero hummed as Yuu made her report "The Riddle you know may not be the one here huh..." He hummed "and you felt like he could do more than just surpress your magic and could be watching us at this very moment." He got thoughtful

"What's ya thinking Captain." Jukes stated

"well from what Yuu just stated, it sounds like this Riddle might be an overseer."

Jukes made a noise "an overseer... but if that's true then wonderland might be in more trouble then we thought if one of them actively involved in various affairs"

Prospero hummed "indeed.

Ace coughed slightly "yeah excuse me hi, uh confused face here, what's the hello is an overseer.

Prospero hummed "in my travels to various places I've heard whispers of powerful folk who watch over things, usually they are powerful spellcasters who can use high level divination magic to watch over things. They have a vow not to interfere with the places they watch over unless something really bad is going on."

Ace hummed "and you think Riddle is one of these overseers."

Prospero hummed "I would have to ask him a few critical questions and if he is the overseer those answers well tell me."

Ace hummed "great so now we have to actually talk to Riddle."

Prospero hummed "and because our next meeting is in public, he might not be willing to say stuff aloud. Overseers tend to keep what they learn secret."

Ace hummed "great just what we need secret keepers." He rolled his eyes "ugh..."

• 2 weeks later...
Yuu Chiba & Grim

Yuu and Grim both look confused at Prospero's words about this Riddle being an Overseer. Jukes added his own thoughts at the proposition. Before either of them could ask what an Overseer was, Ace already did so for them. Grim looks to Ace, and he laughs with a smirk on his face, "Ace, since when did ya start censoring your own swears?"

Yuu, on the other hand, listened carefully as Prospero explained what Overseers are. She asked him after he finished his explanation and Ace confirmed his thoughts, "Were there any incidents in the past when an Overseer intervened?" She was hoping to get a bit of Insight on what these Overseers would do if things were so dire in certain locations. Would they try and help? Or would they seek to destroy everything?

After hearing that they needed to talk to Riddle to confirm this, Yuu spoke up after a bit of thought, "Maybe I can convince him to speak with me in private at a later time?" Grim chimes in, "Oh yeah! If he knows what's going on as an Overseer, he'd have to agree to speak with you, right?" Yuu sighs, "There's still no guarantee, but it's an idea. Prospero, you'll have to let me know what questions to ask should he agree, to confirm if he's an Overseer,"

She then mentions, "Besides, during this dinner...I also want to check on Deuce, Trey, and Cater. See if they are aware of what's going on, and..."

If they recognize us... Yuu finished the thought silently. She didn't dare voice it.

Out of Character

Yuu's Statblock

[b]Attacks[/b]
[b]Dagger[/b] +6 1d4+3
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  
[b][/b]  

+2 DEX +1 INT +1 WIS

Grim's Statblock

Hit Points 2 (1d4)
STR 3 (-4)  
DEX 15 (+2)  
CON 10 (+0)  
INT 3 (-4)  
WIS 12 (+1)  
CHA 7 (-2)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Actions

Ace made a slight noise "you know that's another thing I remember on why I hate this place for some reason whenever I tried to swear at something using a swear word different things would happen to me including somehow a soapbar getting put into my mouth, a weird duck like horn would blast my ears drowning out the word and give me a headache and even one time I remember getting my tongue somehow pulled and it getting so roughly scrubbed that I couldn't even begin to talk or taste it hurt so bad. It was bad enough for the things that were happening to me to get me frustrated but then to get what I guess is a potty mouth punishment on top of it.

~~~

Upon Yuu asking about if an overseer intervened on a previous incident, Prospero got thoughtful for a moment then hummed "The only time I've really heard an overseer intervene is when one who gave a puppet life bought that puppet back from death, removed a curse on him and turned him into a real boy when he took responsibility for his actions and went out to save his father from a giant whale that had swallowed him up."

Upon Grim saying that an overseer had to speak to them if found out, Prospero hummed "I can't be too sure, I've only really interacted with one in my lifetime that I know about, all things considered her presence alone made it difficult to be against her but of course she was kind and motherly so that also added to it."

"So these guardian guys are the good guys right? That means that there is a larger threat in this world then we realize! Maybe Peter found something we should go find him." Gosalyn squeaked out her questions in uncertainty. This was the kind of thing that Honker could handle all this intrigue gave her a headache. She shifted uneasily eager to get to the bottom of this mystery.

actions

sharpshooter