The freedom you seek is not behind you, but ahead...

image.jpeg.ddf6898879fed4b68b35c7dd20850a5b.jpeg

Aosa Taven
Soldier 2/ Scoundrel 1 - Female
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 19, Will 15
Force Points 6/6
Skills: +15 stealth (w/poncho); +10: Init, Stealth, Gather Info; +8 know tactics, mechanics; +7 perception

Combat: Slugthrower: +6 2d12+1 (+1 hit/dmg 30sqrs) [47rnds] ; +2 morale bonus to next attack if enemy misses;

Aosa glares at Sophic. In a low growl so the Jawas don't hear the discussion, she goes. "Don't make jokes like that. I'm a killer. But I'm not a thief nor a murder . If they try to hurt us, I will kill them. But we will not murder them and take their stuff. "

Actions

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

HP 23/23 Thresh 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16 Force Points 3

Female Human Noble 1 Scoundrel 1  Character Sheet

HP 23/23 Condition Normal Damage Threshold 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16

Str 12 Dex 14 Con 13 Int 16 Wis 15 Cha 15

• Stealth +13 Use The Force +13
  • Knowledge (Technology) +9 Mechanics +9 Use Computer +9
  • Initiative +8 Perception +8 Persuasion +8 Pilot +8
  • Deception +7
  • Scoundrel Talent Can issue a routine command as a swift action
  • Noble Talent Cannot roll less than 8 on Use the Force

Languages: Basic  Binary Bocce Huttese Jawa Trade Tongue Mando'a Sullustan Tusken

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Move Light Object DC10 (DC15 Offensive)
  • Search your Feelings DC15
  • Sense Force DC15 (Own defence against such detection is a roll but at least DC20)
  • Sense Surroundings DC15 (Swift)
  • Telepathy DC15 (DC20 Unwilling Recipient)
  • Breath Control DC15
  • Place Other in Force Trance DC15

[B]Ratchet[/B] +1 (1d6+1)
[B]Heavy Blaster Pistol [/B]+3 (Point Blank Shot) (3d8+1)

[B]Special Actions:[/B] None

Sophic looks skywards. She looks unmoved by the glare, entirely unrepentant.. "Maybe the time and the place could have been better chosen, but comedy is the last frontier of freedom, and pretty much the last freedom we have left."

None

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Aosa Taven
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Force Points 6/6
Skills: +15 stealth (w/poncho); +10: Init, Stealth, Gather Info; +8 know tactics, mechanics; +7 perception

Combat: Slugthrower: +6 2d12+1 (+1 hit/dmg 30sqrs) [47rnds] ; +2 morale bonus to next attack if enemy misses;

"We have plenty of freedom out here. We just don't have food, water or shelter so we don't notice it." Aosa replies. " I won't murder and rob innocent people"

Wanting to clarifying a couple of points information, she adds. "Slavers and imperial agents have already shown themselves to be my enemy. They are not considered innocent when it comes to being killed."

Actions

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Languages: Basic  Binary Bocce Huttese Jawa Trade Tongue Mando'a Sullustan Tusken

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Sense Force DC15 (Own defence against such detection is a roll but at least DC20)
  • Breath Control DC15

Sophic frowns.. "I never said I was up for that. I rather thought my conduct so far would have made it unthinkable that I would be in earnest. It saddens me that you thought it anything but dark humor." She turns to Ghost.. "See, I make mistakes too."

None

Ghost the Tusken Survivor

Ghost

Female Tusken Raider Scout 3

HP 36/36, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 15
Defenses: Fort 15, Ref 18, Will 15
Force Points 4/6

Ghost holds up her hands, surprised by the sudden escalation of hostility between the other two. In Basic, she tries to defuse the situation.

"We are all in agreement not to hurt our hosts. They have shown us hospitality and are no threat. However, it does seem that they are disappointed with the salvage. The well of hospitality may run dry sooner rather than later. We should not grow too comfortable with the sandcrawler as a shelter." The last sentence in spoken in a wry tone, as she knows that no one is truly comfortable with their accommodations.

"Akkit may have information that we can use to find our way to one of your settlements. As long as we have a goal and a direction, I can find the path. If we can convince him to part with some tools or supplies, that will make it easier." Ghost pauses for a moment before suggesting, "Perhaps the field team might be willing to vouch for us. Had we not been here, the anooba would have easily killed them. Despite what others might say, Jawas do have a sense of gratitude." Hefting her borrowed blaster carbine, Ghost admits, "At the very least, it would be nice to have a rifle again. If I can hunt for us, that opens up many opportunities.

Even a tarp or canvas would be helpful. If we can set up shade whenever we need to rest, we would be less reliant on the canyons and caves. As you have no doubt learned by now, predators seem to like those just fine."

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

Sophic, clearly moving on from her first spat with Aosa with ease, murmurs.. "Alright, let's see what we can get for our journey as payment for our efforts, then perhaps we leave before we are pushed... we wouldn't want to overstay our welcome.. that engenders a deal of bitterness.", she says smoothly.

After a brief pause she adds in a tone that suggests reverie.. "It would be nice to get a comm so we could get in touch with them if we came across more 'salvage'. You can never have too many friends. I look forward to getting to lands with more technology in it. My technical skills count for little in these barren lands."

None

Aosa Taven
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Force Points 6/6

"Buttersweet puff. Aosa adds to the discussion regarding the items for a must have wish-list. That's what I really want once we get somewhere with people. A bath with water would be really nice. But a buttersweet puff is the must have. If I could get a whole box, I'm might even share one or two of them. "

If cannot find a puff, I might have to settle for a scone or a beignet, or fruit pie . . . "

Actions

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

"Alright, shall we get started on the road towards Aosa's assorted pastries?", murmurs Sophic. Her lighthearted tone is not matched by the look in her eyes, which is serious and determined. "Let's start by talking with our hosts... the better advice they give us on how to proceed, the less time we'll avail ourselves of their hospitality. I think I'm the best negotiator out of all us, recent events notwithstanding, but Aosa you seem better at rattling the rumormill."

None

Aosa Taven
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Force Points 6/6

"The joys of having an imperial spymaster for a mother. Everything becomes a spying mission. Going to birthday parties was blast when you have pre-ops briefings, and post-op debriefings . " Aosa explains her rumor gathering skills.

She was ready to learn the outcome of their mission.

Actions

The three women catch up with the trio of Jawas fairly easily, their longer legs easily eating up the sandy distance. Each of the Jawas had some electronic scrap they were carrying. All three of you could guess that there was certainly nothing left of value in the wreckage. One can only hope it is the last time they have to revisit their former prison.

It only takes a few minutes of determined walking to get back to the sandcrawler. The massive machine had just started to clear the canyon entrance. The rear entrance opens up, welcoming the expedition back inside. Heshiman and Akkit are waiting for you along with half a dozen other Jawas. The disappointment in the obvious low quantity of the scarp is evident pretty much immediately. Everyone waits to hear your report, even your Jawa retinue seem to be waiting to hear one of the three of you tell the story.

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

"Well, there was a large pack of Anooba, now just a pair. Your kin are unharmed, we are unharmed. There was less in the way of salvageable material than we hoped, but given we are all unharmed, it's something for nothing, so that's a win." reports Sophic in fluent Jawa.

She shrugs a little helplessly.. "Now, we're looking to get back to some semblance of your civilisation, space and resource are tight in a crawler.. we know. We hope you'll provide assistance to us, Jawa friendly as we are, towards achieving that goal. We're all good with guns, and know how to handle ourselves. Maybe this could be the first step towards a longlasting profitable arrangement for both of us. One never knows when one might be in need of trustworthy, professional gunhands.. and we never know when we'll run into shot up vehicles that need salvaging. "

None

Name
Persuasion
1d20+8 13

Aosa Taven
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Force Points 6/6

Aosa stands back and listens to Sophic speak. In probably within the next few hours, every Jawa in the crawler would have heard the tale about the great anooba shoot out from the three Jawas. Hopefully, they would have a chance to build their legend before getting evicted from the crawler.

Actions

Ghost the Tusken Survivor

Ghost

Female Tusken Raider Scout 3

HP 36/36, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 15
Defenses: Fort 15, Ref 18, Will 15
Force Points 4/6

Ghost remains silent, happy to let Sophic do the talking. There is nothing useful she can add.

Akkit nods along with Sophic's story, looking at the few pieces of scrap that the Jawa were able to extract from the hold. He agrees with Sophic's conclusion. Meager profit with no real risk was basically free money, and no amount of free money should be disregarded. The hold also played the important and unspoken need to prove the story that bought you access to the sandcrawler in the first place. With higher hopes Akkit direct the sandcrawler on to the canyon you all pointed out as the crash site of the rest of the ship.

It will take a little more than a day for the sandcrawler to draw close enough to dispatch a team. The three of you and Heshiman grab some food and find spots to relax for a bit.

Show this

Not sure if there is anything you all want to do while you are in the crawler or not, so providing a window.

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

Back inside the crawler, sitting alone with her two comrades.. "Now would be a good time to delve into the local scene. Finding out who we're 'doing it to' will light the way forward.", she remarks, directing her words to Aosa, but then glancing at Ghost to include her in all of this.

None

@Rakle @Prehysterical