The freedom you seek is not behind you, but ahead...

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

HP 23/23 Thresh 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16 Force Points 3

Female Human Noble 1 Scoundrel 1  Character Sheet

HP 23/23 Condition Normal Damage Threshold 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16

Str 12 Dex 14 Con 13 Int 16 Wis 15 Cha 15

• Stealth +13 Use The Force +13
  • Knowledge (Technology) +9 Mechanics +9 Use Computer +9
  • Initiative +8 Perception +8 Persuasion +8 Pilot +8
  • Deception +7
  • Scoundrel Talent Can issue a routine command as a swift action
  • Noble Talent Cannot roll less than 8 on Use the Force

Languages: Basic  Binary Bocce Huttese Jawa Trade Tongue Mando'a Sullustan Tusken

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Move Light Object DC10 (DC15 Offensive)
  • Search your Feelings DC15
  • Sense Force DC15 (Own defence against such detection is a roll but at least DC20)
  • Sense Surroundings DC15 (Swift)
  • Telepathy DC15 (DC20 Unwilling Recipient)
  • Breath Control DC15
  • Place Other in Force Trance DC15

[B]Ratchet[/B] +1 (1d6+1)
[B]Heavy Blaster Pistol [/B]+3 (Point Blank Shot) (3d8+1)

[B]Special Actions:[/B] None

Sophic leaves the hold to the Jawas and heads back outside to find shade that didn't stink to high heaven.

None

Ghost the Tusken Survivor

Ghost

Female Tusken Raider Scout 3

HP 36/36, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 15
Defenses: Fort 15, Ref 18, Will 15
Force Points 4/6

While Ghost had grown accustomed to the smells of Jawas and their holdings, even she finds the stench difficult to stomach. She accompanies Sophic toward a position where she can watch over the entrance to the canyon.

"Your quick thinking saved lives today. Probably all of us. Yours is a good and powerful medicine. I am glad to know you." Notably, Ghost chooses to communicate this in Basic rather than Tusken Sign.

Name
Perception
1d20+8 6
Rerolling due to Acute Senses Talent
1d20+8 11

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Languages: Basic  Binary Bocce Huttese Jawa Trade Tongue Mando'a Sullustan Tusken

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Sense Force DC15 (Own defence against such detection is a roll but at least DC20)
  • Breath Control DC15

"Quick thinking?", mirrors Sophic, clearly puzzled as to what this quick thinking might be.

None

Ghost

Damage Threshold 15
Force Points 4/6

"With the grenade," Ghost explains. "It made the battle so much easier. If the anooba had been at full strength, I fear what would have happened to the others.

Not only that, but using your magic to bring it over. No one else could have done that. You have a gift. Is that why the slavers wanted you? Or did you keep it secret from them?"

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

Sophic seems to catch on eventually, surprised that her ideas were deserving of praise. "I don't know, everything I did was just common sense, nothing special about it. Distance favors the folk with blasters. I see everything I do as a chance to use my... magic." , she remarks, looking bemused. "As to why the slavers wanted me, well they caught me with my pants down.. not literally. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong mindset... asleep at my post, young and dumb."

None

sci-fi-white-hair.png

Aosa Taven
Soldier 2/ Scoundrel 1 - Female
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 19, Will 15
Force Points 6/6
Skills: +15 stealth (w/poncho); +10: Init, Stealth, Gather Info; +8 know tactics, mechanics; +7 perception

Combat: Slugthrower: +6 2d12+1 (+1 hit/dmg 30sqrs) [47rnds] ; +2 morale bonus to next attack if enemy misses;

"She is good looking woman. They would have dolled her up and sold her as a pleasure slave. " Aosa matter of factly adds to the conversation. Continuing her assessment, "Due to the reputation of Tusken warriors, Ghost was probably destined for some fighting pit, or a sideshow exhibit. "

Finishing the assessment, "Me . . .The man torturing me was brutal without any real interrogation skills. If he left me a broken mess, I might have been used as fodder for some pet or the Hassks. "

Actions

As the women talked while watching the perimeter, they noted the flock of urusai descending on the corpses of the anooba left on the ridge line. Their shieks and the ripping of flesh provide a strange and grotesque sonic backdrop to the conversation. The Jawas can still be heard moving around inside the hold, making their evaluations.

OOC

Not trying to break the conversation, I like the back and forth. Just letting you know I am still hear and giving you some space for RP.

Ghost

Damage Threshold 15
Force Points 4/6

Ghost is caught off-guard when Aosa refers to her as a fighter first and a woman second. That... feels good. Ghost is so used to it being the other way around.

As the conversation reaches a natural lull while all of them contemplate the fates they had narrowly avoided, Ghost notices one of the urusai is not so focused on the buffet of carcasses available. With such a rare bounty, both male and female urusai have arrived to partake in the blood feast. This one particular male seems to regard this as a prime opportunity for trying his luck.

Among the native species of Tatooine, urusai are an oddity. The females have the standard array of quadrupedal limbs and legs, but the males also sport an extra pair of smaller wings. It makes them easy to tell apart. Ghost watches as the opportunistic male rears back onto his flat tail and holds the rest of his body aloft while puffing out the blue waddle on his neck. Each wing sports a blue eye pattern that contrasts strikingly against the stark white skin of the wing's underside.

This beast had been her clan's totem. To them, it was a survivor and a flamboyant symbol of masculinity. She has never liked the urusai. Not because they are scavengers, but because of their saggy skin and wattles, which even the females have. They look like old people to her.

"Why do you come here?" So lost in thought, the question is out of Ghost's mouth before she even realizes it. She blinks and realizes that the thought is now out in the open air. "Not you two, I mean," Ghost hastily clarifies to them both. "Obviously, you had no choice. So often, I hear outsiders complain of living here. 'The heat is too much!' 'There's miles and miles of nothing!' 'Only thieves and murders live here!'"

Ghost looks up past the Eyes, to the space beyond them. "I hear that there are worlds out there with so much water that you can drown in it. That there is more greenery than your eyes can see. Places where the heat of the desert has never touched."

She looks between the two off-worlders, at a loss. "If such places do exist, and many consider this place so miserable, then why do they still come?"

sci-fi-white-hair.png

Aosa Taven
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Force Points 6/6
Skills: +15 stealth (w/poncho); +10: Init, Stealth, Gather Info; +8 know tactics, mechanics; +7 perception

Combat: Slugthrower: +6 2d12+1 (+1 hit/dmg 30sqrs) [47rnds] ; +2 morale bonus to next attack if enemy misses;

Aosa watches the wildlife and the surrounding landscape for any dangers. Ghost's question causes her to pause and ponder.

"Choices are often limited." Aosa begins to explain. "The person that I was bodyguarding was wanted by the Empire and by the Rebels. If you're wanted, a land of thieves and murderers is good place to hide." She thinks on how to explain the next part to the Tusken woman. How do explain the core worlds to Ghost?

Billions upon billions of people don't have access to greenery or oceans. The planet of Coruscant is one large city that covers the surface of planet. Very few people have ever seen the ground. At their tallest, the builds are over twenty thousand meters tall. When we were first wanted, we fled to some of the lower levels to hide.

No sunlight makes it down there. It is perpetual nighttime so lights are always on. The air is stale and humid from the crappy air recyclers. People living down at those levels are poor, and they dream of moving up to the higher levels of the city or moving off planet. Very few ever do.

Making another scan of the surrounding landscape, Aosa continues. "Coruscant isn't the only planet covered by city. I grew up a planet covered by a city before moving to Coruscant. Until I came here, I had only been in buildings and starships.

Actions

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

Sophic had been pondering the whys and wherefores of her existence for a while, and had concluded that she was in training as much as in the shit. Still there were questions to be answered.. "My people and I, some Jawas too, came here to buy weapons, armor, vehicles from the Hutts. I knew the risks, we all did.", she remarks her voice smooth and calm, pronunciation clear as a bell.

She shrugs in a devil may care fashion.. "My enemy is the Empire, but it was someone else before them, and is someone else now. Names change, the fight stays the same.", she adds a little less smooth, a little more harsh.

Surveying her surroundings she continues.. "See, they 'all of them' killed my planet, poisoned it. There is... water but it is orange, or purple, or glow in the dark green, it often bubbles, vents smoke, bursts into flames or spews a stink to make you vomit uncontrollably.. it will also peel the skin off you, burn your throat, blind you. The mountains are burned metal pieces, sharp as razors and in some places glow the glow that hurt us from our crashed ship."

She keeps her suspicion that her lot had been buying weapons for folk on other words ground down by the same enemy. "Still, if we get weapons, armor and vehicles, we can kill them all, piss on their graves and bring our world back to life."

None

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Ghost

Damage Threshold 15
Force Points 4/6

Ghost listens with obvious curiosity as Aosa tries to explain the nature of interstellar civilization to her. What she describes almost boggles the mind. A city large enough to cover an entire world?! The towns on Tatooine already seem bloated enough. To not even see the sun... Her mind could not comprehend it. The Eyes are an immutable part of life, as much as the sand crunching under their feet. Small wonder that Aosa feels so out of place.

The description of Sophic's fallen homeworld prompts a gesture of sympathetic grieving from Ghost. "I feel your loss. That is what happened to our people. Thousands of generations ago, this world was green and blue, like the worlds beyond. Water was everywhere and so was life. Then invaders came from the stars. Our world was but one in their empire. They made slaves of our ancestors, who suffered until the pain of living became worse than the fear of dying. The invaders were driven from our world, but they turned their superweapons against us in their loss. Our world was shattered and melted, the oceans hissing into steam and the land cracked and melted into glass. Our people had to hide underground for countless seasons. Only when the surface finally cooled did our ancestors have the chance to enjoy their freedom... but their world was changed forever."

Ghost's hands move through a series of Sign, her fingers easing through a deliberate flourish and her voice taking on the reverence of a mantra. The words had been with her for her entire life, in the stories told by elders around the camp fire.

"From our freedom came rage.

From their rage came the end.

From the end came glass.

From the glass came the sand.

From the sand came the desert.

From the desert came Tatooine."

Her hands become still and Ghost is silent for a moment, as if in a trance, before turning back to look at Sophic. "I pray that your people will find more success than ours did."

• 2 weeks later...

A moment of silence and stillness fell over the group after Ghost's dexterous dedication. The wind, the hiss of shifting sand, and the squawks and cries of the feasting flock of Urusai were the only things that stirred and disrupted the quiet, at least until the Jawas emerged from the hold and called up to the women. They announced that they had finished the survey and were ready to head back to the sandcrawler. They were carrying a few capacitors and power regulators, but Ghost was familiar enough with Jawa body language to clearly read that they were disappointed in the haul, even though they had been warned not to expect too much.

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

The poetry of ghost's movements, set against the elegant austerity and majesty of this world would melt a heart of stone and Sophic's heart was far more delicate than that. "It could be that wherever you are, that's where the fight you need to fight is. It's all one fight after all..." murmurs Sophic softly, thinking that their life wasn't currently in danger and so you moved up the heirarchy of needs from stay alive, to living for something. "If that is true, then the question we need to ask ourselves is what is the fight and how do we get stuck in, play our part?", she continues softly. Looking at the other two, she concludes with.. "I'd be as happy to fight for our ravaged galaxy as for the ravaged planets nestled in its folds. Around here, I conjure that means Empire and Hutts."

None

sci-fi-white-hair.png

Aosa Taven
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Force Points 6/6

"Sounds like we never learn." Aosa comments on Ghost's poem. "We are still turning planets into slag. "

She watches the Jawas walk away with their meager findings. "We are going to get evicted from the crawler. If not today, probably tomorrow or the next day. We need to find a dependable source of food and shelter before we start fighting."

Actions

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

• Deception +7

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Breath Control DC15

Sophic nods at Aosa's words.. Life out here was tough, necessities started and ended with kin. "Guess we're still walking out of here then.. and we're back where we started.", murmurs Sophic, looking bemused, a wry expression on her face. "We'll need to gather the tools we need for the trek back to some kind civilisation then figure out our immediate destination."

Grinning broadly, she adds.. "It's either that or kill all the Jawas, take their crawler, and drive out of here in style.", at which point she starts to snigger.. apparently of the opinion that her joke is hilarious.

None