The freedom you seek is not behind you, but ahead...

image.jpeg.ddf6898879fed4b68b35c7dd20850a5b.jpeg

Aosa Taven
Soldier 2/ Scoundrel 1 - Female
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 19, Will 15
Force Points 6/6
Skills: +15 stealth (w/poncho); +10: Init, Stealth, Gather Info; +8 know tactics, mechanics; +7 perception

Combat: Slugthrower: +6 2d12+1 (+1 hit/dmg 30sqrs) [47rnds] ; +2 morale bonus to next attack if enemy misses;

Aosa gets the hint. She goes forth and mingles with the Jawas in attempt gather intelligence. Knowing that the Jawas trade with everyone, she tries to get an update on any changes in the local politics - especially conflicts within the criminal underworld.

Actions

Take 10 for a 20 on gather info.

Name
gather info roll
1d20+10 19

Ghost the Tusken Survivor

Ghost

Female Tusken Raider Scout 3

HP 36/36, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 15
Defenses: Fort 15, Ref 18, Will 15
Force Points 4/6

Thankfully, Akkit seemed reasonable in his expectations. Hopefully, the other half of the wreck would provide more profit. If so, the Jawas might be more inclined to share the wealth.

After getting some food into her, Ghost has to take a moment to translate Sophic's slang. Once she parses the meaning, Ghost nods her understanding. While Aosa tries to circulate among the populace, Ghost climbs up to find Akkit. She sits down to lower her height and put the Jawa leader at ease before speaking to him in the Jawa Trade Language.

"I have not had the chance to ask... How is Bruha doing? I have not heard any word of Clan Kekit in many moons. I worry sometimes. We all remember what happened to Clan Nkik." Ghost's gloved hand grips tightly around the haft of her gaffi stick at the thought.

Clan Nkik

From what little information I can parse, I think Clan Nkik was the name of the Jawa Clan wiped out by the stormtroopers in A New Hope when they were trying to frame the Tusken Raiders.

Name
Gather Information
1d20 15

spacer.pngSophic Tech 

HP 23/23 Thresh 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16 Force Points 3

Female Human Noble 1 Scoundrel 1  Character Sheet

HP 23/23 Condition Normal Damage Threshold 14 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 16

Str 12 Dex 14 Con 13 Int 16 Wis 15 Cha 15

• Stealth +13 Use The Force +13
  • Knowledge (Technology) +9 Mechanics +9 Use Computer +9
  • Initiative +8 Perception +8 Persuasion +8 Pilot +8
  • Deception +7
  • Scoundrel Talent Can issue a routine command as a swift action
  • Noble Talent Cannot roll less than 8 on Use the Force

Languages: Basic  Binary Bocce Huttese Jawa Trade Tongue Mando'a Sullustan Tusken

Use the Force Abilities

• Force Trance DC10
  • Move Light Object DC10 (DC15 Offensive)
  • Search your Feelings DC15
  • Sense Force DC15 (Own defence against such detection is a roll but at least DC20)
  • Sense Surroundings DC15 (Swift)
  • Telepathy DC15 (DC20 Unwilling Recipient)
  • Breath Control DC15
  • Place Other in Force Trance DC15

[B]Ratchet[/B] +1 (1d6+1)
[B]Heavy Blaster Pistol [/B]+3 (Point Blank Shot) (3d8+1)

[B]Special Actions:[/B] None

Sophic spends her time looking over materials deemed unusable, tech deemed unsalvageable, coding deemed too much effort to correct as a prelude to finding a use for them, salvaging them or correcting it. When she runs out of things to do while trying to alleviate her increasing claustrophobia, she turns her attention to the Crawler itself. She ponders the workings of the crawler, wondering if there are ways to improve on the design.. perhaps eke another couple of percent of effiency out of it.

None

@Rakle @Prehysterical

Posted (edited)

Aosa spends some time working to ingratiate herself with the Oklet clan crew. It takes several hours, and while none of her new "friends" can give her direct access to the Hutts or anything along those lines, she is able to tease out the names of several trade contacts in Bestine, Arnthout, Mos Shuuta and WayFar. There can be no guarantees on the part of a third party, but should they find themselves in any of those communities, she at least knows what names to drop and where to drop them. She also does an excellent job of just building goodwill and comraderie with much of the clan.

Ghost finds Akkit, Bet and the rest of the "bridge crew" up in the main pilot station of the sandcrawler. She is welcomed politely and given that the path around the ridge mesa to the appropriate canyon was fairly straight forward and nothing of too much note was on the nearby scanners, Akkit was happy to gossip about the clans. He did not have very recent updates from Clan Kekit, although he had heard they had found some great fortune a little over a year ago, and spent much of that in fielding another sandcrawler to take over an old abandoned scavenge route. Last he had heard Bruha was doing well, although getting quite old by this point. His more interesting information was in the planned routes of the other Clans that were moving towards the gathering at Omlaut. Both Akkit and Bet were particularly excited about the meeting as they both had daughters they were hoping to find partners for. Murmurs among the rest of the bridge crew also hinted at a great interest in the possibilities of intra-clan mingling.

As Sophic is trying to be useful and find good things to work on, Heshiman takes a private moment to speak with her. "{Basic}Hey, Just so someone else knows. I've been trying to make sure we have some leverage if we need it in later negotiations. I've been refining their fuelling mixes and some of their control software. I've been able to eke out an almost 5% gain in efficiency overall, but more importantly I was able to implant a small virus. One command phrase on the right frequency and the primary motivator goes into a burnout overcharge. Not saying we will want it, but if we need it, I know you out of everyone would value knowing it's there.{/Basic}"

OOC

For her work with the crew Aosa has a standing +2 circumstance bonus on rolls related with trying to establish contacts in the listed settlements. Between her and Ghost's work, you also all get a +1 circumstance bonus on rolls related with trying to persuade or negotiate with clan Oklet.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

Ghost the Tusken Survivor

Ghost

Female Tusken Raider Scout 3

HP 36/36, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 15
Defenses: Fort 15, Ref 18, Will 15
Force Points 4/6

Ghost goes over a map with Akkit, outlining the paths being taken by the other clans. That information might be useful once they strike off on their own again. The Omlaut meet might also prove useful, but they would need to be in the area and have something worth trading.

image.jpeg.ddf6898879fed4b68b35c7dd20850a5b.jpeg

Aosa Taven
Soldier 2/ Scoundrel 1 - Female
HP 41/41, Condition 0
Damage Threshold 14
Defenses: Fort 14, Ref 19, Will 15
Force Points 6/6
Skills: +15 stealth (w/poncho); +10: Init, Stealth, Gather Info; +8 know tactics, mechanics; +7 perception

Combat: Slugthrower: +6 2d12+1 (+1 hit/dmg 30sqrs) [47rnds] ; +2 morale bonus to next attack if enemy misses;

Having an extra day before the sand crawler arrives at the next destination. Aosa spends the time helping the Jawas fix mechanical items (or remove parts from salvage). It is a nice change of pace for her.

Actions

Take 10 for a 18 on mechanics