spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak sighs as Kajimara continues to attempt to savage the inert willow. He places a reassuring hand on Kyros shoulder, noticing for the first time his trepidation near the warg. He smiles to his friend, "I am sorry for her behavior Kyros, please let me handle this. I'm afraid I've spent so much time with Bul'ro I seem to have neglected his sister's training." He steps up to the warg as she continues to bite and slash at it's bark. Knowing that Kajimara had been spending much time with the goblins and seemed to speak it more than common, Kuz'Arak practices his rusty goblin to try to gain some favor with the warg.

In Goblin

"Kajimara that is enough! You will retreat back with us while we tend to our wounds. Come on now!"

Nature to command animal

Once the warg has calmed down and followed Kuz'Arak back to the first room, He will gather his allies around and begin treating their wounds.

Treat wounds up to 4 individuals Starting with Hamaar (-96)/Nalah(-93)/Garion(-18)/Drasil(-11)

Treat wounds dc20

Healing

With Garion and Drasil patched up, Kuz'Arak includes Kajimara in the next round of healing Hamaar(-62)/Nalah(-59)/Kajimara(-13)

"Now this might sting a bit... but you'll just have to trust me"

Treat wounds dc30 w/Risky surgery

Hero point last med check

risky surgery damage

Healing

(That leaves Hamaar and Nalah a few points down, so a lay on hands should suffice to heal everyone back to full)

Seeing that his allies are sufficiently healed from the walloping the tree gave them, Kuz'Arak listens to Nalah explain the use of the tree in wonder, a sad look on his face while he does so. "It appears as if it has been turned from its original use then. Such sad devastation to a once so holy place. We'll need to make sure that we return here and sanctify it again to the sleeper before long. Shall we investigate what is in the southern room? There might be something useful there. Otherwise I believe we'd best press on through the gate"

Actions

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kajimara's Training

Day 1- Success!

You need to make this check once a day for 10 days before she can be considered 'trained'. I'll try to have you do so at times like this for story. Also, at least at first, you can't be aided in this role. She has to come to respect you (at 7 successes). That -4 non-goblin penalty is because she pretends to not understand you. It goes down by 1 for every two successes. Crits count as 2 successes and crit fail subtract 1. Please remind me.

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Kajimara | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

Edited by Nwise (see edit history)
Name
Nature to command animal
1d20+20 10
Treat wounds dc20
1d20+20 18
Healing
4d8+15 1,5,8,5
Treat wounds dc30 w/Risky surgery
1d20+22 3
Hero point last med check
1d20+22 20
risky surgery damage
1d8 6
Healing
4d8+40 4,5,6,7

Posted (edited)

B2

The centerpiece of this room is a tall statue of a willow tree carved from pale marble. Six oversized roots around the base of the tree resemble stone beds radiating out from the trunk, with just enough room to climb into them beneath the statue’s stone branches. Exits lead out from opposite sides of the room.

Kajimara's feral attention turns from the tree to Kyros and Nalah. She shifts her body to attack one of them, when Kuz'Arak's commanding tone causes her to focus on him. She growls and begins to stalk toward him. The moment is tense, but Kuz'Arak stomps his foot like he's seen Dackle do and she backs down. She assumes her air of angst. She looks over to Kyros and rolls her eyes while saying something under her breath. She pads past Nalah and scoffs. She does not thank Kuz'Arak for healing her.

Kajimara being disdainful in goblin

At Kyros: "You smell of pee. Scared much?"

Scoffing at Nalah: "As if."

Kyros did not make the roll so no Hero Point spent.

The team takes the time to heal up while they further investigate the tree and beds.

The hag's heartstone is not a dreamstone, but would fit. You're not sure what effect it might have. The heartstone is no longer active, so may not have any effect currently.

B3

Five narrow beds made of hard wood are arranged radially in the center of this room, the five headboards carved from a single piece of wood in a large star shape. The center of the wooden star has a disc-shaped indentation. Three of the beds are acid-pitted and badly scorched. Exits lead out from opposite sides of this room, while one corner of the room seems to have been repurposed into something of a makeshift stable.

Inside the makeshift stable is large black horse of flame and smoke and a tall crone that looks to be of the same race as the body in the first room.

Recall Knowledge (religion or society) 24

Night hags are thieves and merchants of mortal souls. These foul creatures collect souls in dark gems or crystalline jars to sell in fiendish markets, and are themselves empowered by potent magic jewels known as heartstones. They haunt the Ethereal Plane, where they prey upon mortals in their dreams, debilitating them with horrific nightmares as they rest. A night hag may find a particular target and haunt them continuously over the course of weeks, slowly and cruelly breaking down the victim’s will and ability to resist, until their soul is forfeit.

A night hag is a canny mastermind and soul broker, willing to consider any deal as long as she is convinced she has the upper hand. Although a night hag finds it easy to travel the Ethereal Plane and prey upon helpless souls that can’t fight back, these souls are also the least desirable to the evil outsiders the night hag bargains with, and so a night hag gathers allies and minions that allow her to prey on more potent souls without personally risking herself. Their favored minions are nightmares, with whom they share a special bond. Above all, night hags avoid fighting foes that can harry them on the Ethereal Plane, picking fights only when they are certain they can escape.

- Immune to sleep

- Weakness to cold iron

- Occult Spells

- Claws deliver a disease.

- Darkvision

Recall Knowledge (religion or society) 34

- Resistant to mental

- Change Shape:can take on the appearance of any Medium female humanoid.

- The disease is Abyssal Plague: A creature can’t recover from drained until abyssal plague is cured

- Dream Haunting: If a night hag is ethereal and hovering over a sleeping chaotic or evil creature, she can ride the victim’s back until dawn.

Recall Knowledge (religion, arcana, or nature) 22

Nightmares are flaming equine harbingers of death.

- Smoke: The nightmare continually exhales black smoke that creates concealment in an aura around it.

- Flaming Gallop: Its hooves do flame damage to all in its path.

- Fly

- Darkvision

- Resist Fire

Recall Knowledge (religion, arcana, or nature) 32

Can use Plane Shift for self and rider

Hero Point to Hamarr.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Kajimara 96/96 HP;
Drasil 102/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 123/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 89/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life;
Hamarr- 154154 HP 2/3 AP;

Nalah- 136/136 HP 1/3 AP; Darkvision;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Recall knowledge nature

Studying the strange horse, Kuz'Arak realizes quickly what it is... "A Nightmare. Flaming harbingers of death. Spread out, it can trample over us easily if we stay together!" Kuz'Arak quickly reveals the information that he knows about the Nightmare, hoping that someone else will be able to identify the humanoid in the room

Nightmare

-Smoke: The nightmare continually exhales black smoke that creates concealment in an aura around it.

- Fly

- Darkvision

- Resist Fire

-Can use Plane Shift for self and rider

Actions

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kajimara's Training

Day 1- Success!

You need to make this check once a day for 10 days before she can be considered 'trained'. I'll try to have you do so at times like this for story. Also, at least at first, you can't be aided in this role. She has to come to respect you (at 7 successes). That -4 non-goblin penalty is because she pretends to not understand you. It goes down by 1 for every two successes. Crits count as 2 successes and crit fail subtract 1. Please remind me.

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Kajimara | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

Name
Recall knowledge nature
1d20+20 20

spacer.png

While Kuz'Arak tends to his wounds, Garion spends the time in silent prayer to Desna.

Garion refocuses to regain 2 focus points over 20mins.

Peering into the next room, he sees the horse and the crone.

Society DC 24

He studies the old woman. "Hmm...she seems familiar, but..." Garion is too distraught over the shrine to concentrate.

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 89/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/3/3/3

Edited by ScottGell (see edit history)
Name
Society DC 24
1d20+15 5

Nalah2.png.bf246e89e1139ef796c74ea63801bb9f.png

First Religion check

Second Religion check

Nalah recognises both creatures (I let you make up something for the nightmare, Dax :) ).

Nalah raises her arm when Garion approaches to indicate there's danger and that he shouldn't move further. But if Garion decides to ignore her warning she doesn't block him.

@Garion: Nalah will move back and report to the party, so I think it'd be better if you don't trigger the fight immediately ;)

Nalah

Edited by SuperBidi (see edit history)
Name
First Religion check
1d20+16 18
Second Religion check
1d20+16 1

spacer.png

In spite of what it may seem to the newcomers, Garion does not have a death wish. After learning about the hag and nightmare from Kuz'Arak and Nalah, Garion is happy to backpeddle to the shrine with Nalah.

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 89/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/3/3/3

Nalah2.png.bf246e89e1139ef796c74ea63801bb9f.png

Nalah comes back to the party and report what she saw: "There are 2 creatures in the room. One is a night hag. They are evil creature who steal people's soul through their dreams and then sell them to evil forces. I clearly understand why she's here and I fear she may have corrupted the place. I don't know what type of powers you have, but night hags are immune to sleep and resistant to most mental effects. Also they take aggravated damage from cold iron. They also master occult spells and can deliver a disease that drains your vitality through their claws. They can take a humanoid appearance and travel to the ethereal plane to haunt people's dreams. The other creature is certainly a nightmare, a creature brought from the dimension of dreams. It currently has the form of a flaming horse but these types of creatures tend to have multiple forms so be prepared to anything." (I've made up something for the nightmare, Dax, I hope it's fine for you)

Also, I switched color as I was using Garion's. I hope this aquamarine doesn't burn your eyes.

Nalah

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak moves quietly towards the door following Nalah to take a peek for himself. He peers into the room and quickly makes his way back when Nalah motions back towards the group.

Stealth

Kuz'Arak nods as she describes the hag, his brow furrowing as he listens. When she begins to explain what the Nightmare is, he is quick to interject. "Ah, Nalah I believe you are mistaken... That is certainly a nightmare. I would not be mistaken seeing such a creature. It is quite a dangerous foe."

Nightmare

-Smoke: The nightmare continually exhales black smoke that creates concealment in an aura around it.

- Fly

- Darkvision

- Resist Fire

-Can use Plane Shift for self and rider

Actions

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kajimara's Training

Day 1- Success!

Name
Stealth
1d20+15 19

aYIylDr.png

Mostly patched up, Hamàrr thanks Kuz'Arak for the help before calling on Torag to finish the job. Although it worked, he's left wondering why Kaz'Arak had to cut into him first.

When Nalah returns with the scouting report, he tightens his shield strap and checks his equipment one last time....

"I'll take Nightmares and hags over the jungle any time. Let's form up!"

Hamàrr | Dwarf Champion 9 | AC 30 | HP 154/154 | Shield 120/120 | Per +13 | F:+20, R:+14, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 1/1 | Hero 2

B3

Five narrow beds made of hard wood are arranged radially in the center of this room, the five headboards carved from a single piece of wood in a large star shape. The center of the wooden star has a disc-shaped indentation. Three of the beds are acid-pitted and badly scorched. Exits lead out from opposite sides of this room, while one corner of the room seems to have been repurposed into something of a makeshift stable.

Nalah moves up to scout the next area. She sees two entities, a hag and a flaming horse. He reports back, stopping Garion from just walking into the room and alerting the pair to their presence. Kuz'Arak then cautiously slides forward to see the two. He reports back that the flaming horse is a nightmare.

The hag is grooming the nightmare. Perhaps she is so engrossed on her task that she did not hear the noise from your fight with the tree.

Hamarr is ready. What of the rest of you?

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Kajimara 96/96 HP;
Drasil 102/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 123/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 89/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life;
Hamarr- 154154 HP 2/3 AP;

Nalah- 136/136 HP 1/3 AP; Darkvision;

spacer.png

Kyros nods, ready for action as well. However, he says "Hags are monsters, but you can speak with them, right? Might be worth at least trying to talk. It worked with that dragon back in the jungle."

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

spacer.png

Drasil nods at Kyros.

"Hags are... they have a foul reputation. But I would speak with them before attacking first."

He pauses, smiling sadly, black eyes distant "I do not expect diplomacy to succeed. but it would not be doing ourselves justice if we were not to try."

He tightly holds his sword, for good measure.

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +11 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

spacer.png

When the group suggests speaking with the hag, Garion volunteers and cautiously steps forward to the edge of the hallway and peeks inside.

Holding his Jug of Fond Remembrance, he raises his hands in a non-threatening manner and says, "Greetings. I'm Garion. My friends and I are just passing through. We mean no harm ..." he quickly adds, "... unlike that tree in the next room. Be careful with it!" Indicating his flask, the little gnome asks, "Would you care to join me for a drink? Best ale in Breachill." Gazing at the nightmare, Garion adds, "That's a fine steed you have there. Does she have a name?" He stands bravely, sincerely hoping he doesn't need a medic very shortly.

Diplomacy to Make Impression w Jug

Edited by ScottGell (see edit history)
Name
Diplomacy to Make Impression w Jug
1d20+20+1 20