Posted (edited)

B3

Five narrow beds made of hard wood are arranged radially in the center of this room, the five headboards carved from a single piece of wood in a large star shape. The center of the wooden star has a disc-shaped indentation. Three of the beds are acid-pitted and badly scorched. Exits lead out from opposite sides of this room, while one corner of the room seems to have been repurposed into something of a makeshift stable.

When Garion announces himself as polite as you please. The hag and her steed look up in surprise. They then attack.

Round 1 All PCs May Act

- Garion, Hamar, and Nalah need a Fort 23 v Sickened 2 (success makes immune for 1 minute).

- Garion needs a Will 30 v -1 Per for 1 round/fall unconscious for 1 minute/fall unconscious for 1 hour

* The nightmare speeds over to Garion and bites and kicks him. Garion is knocked senseless and has a gruesome gnash taken out of his shoulder.

* The hag hisses and casts a spell at Garion.

Status

Visibility: the dotted line around the nigthmare gives Concealment.
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Kajimara 96/96 HP;
Drasil 102/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 123/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 14/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life;
Hamarr- 154154 HP 2/3 AP;

Nalah- 136/136 HP 1/3 AP; Darkvision;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)
Name
nightmare jaws v Garion: Piercing and Evil
37; 19; 6
1d20+18;2d10+8;1d6 [19]; [19,5,6]; [19,5,6,6]
Nightmare Hoof v Garion: Bludgeoning, Evil, Fire
31; 13; 6; 6
1d20+14;1d8+8;1d6;1d8+2 [17]; [17,5]; [17,5,6]; [17,5,6,4]

spacer.png

Sigh ... that could arguably have gone better ...

As the nightmare attacks, Garion displays his puppydog eyes and asks in sad, hurt tone, "So ... that's a 'no' on the drinks?" He makes an Empathetic Plea to the charging horse.

Diplomacy for Empathetic Plea

Diplomacy vs Will DC (Success => -6 damage to all strikes. Crit Success => no attacks, wasted actions)

Fort DC 23

[Hero Point]

Fort DC 23

Will DC 30

[Note: Looks like a Mythweaver bug. Hero Point Fort Reroll shows up correctly as a 36 (below the post where rolls are listed), but here inline, it's just displaying the same nat-1.]

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 89/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/3/3/3

Edited by ScottGell (see edit history)
Name
Diplomacy for Empathetic Plea
1d20+20+1 16
Fort DC 23
1d20+16 1
Fort DC 23
1d20+16 20
Will DC 30
1d20+16 9

I should have eaten Garion earlier in this AP. I had several opportunities to make a meal of him.

I know about that reroll bug. That is a Crit Success on Empathetic Plea.

You can use a second Hero Point on that Will DC v Sleep if you wish.

Posted (edited)

B3

Five narrow beds made of hard wood are arranged radially in the center of this room, the five headboards carved from a single piece of wood in a large star shape. The center of the wooden star has a disc-shaped indentation. Three of the beds are acid-pitted and badly scorched. Exits lead out from opposite sides of this room, while one corner of the room seems to have been repurposed into something of a makeshift stable.

When Garion announces himself as polite as you please. The hag and her steed look up in surprise. They then attack.

Round 1 All PCs May Act

- Garion, Hamar, and Nalah need a Fort 23 v Sickened 2 (success makes immune for 1 minute).

- Garion needs a Will 30 v -1 Per for 1 round/fall unconscious for 1 minute/fall unconscious for 1 hour

* The nightmare speeds over to Garion and gnashes his teeth and stomps around, but does not attack the pitiable gnome.

* The hag hisses and casts a spell at Garion. Garion falls asleep on his feet.

Status

Terrain:
Cover:

Kajimara 96/96 HP;
Garion 89/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life;
Hamarr- 154154 HP 2/3 AP;

Nalah- 136/136 HP 1/3 AP; Darkvision;

aYIylDr.png

Fortitude(success -> crit success)

"Wake up my little friend, there's a nightmare here to deal with! Move back to safety."

Hamàrr raises his shield, strides up to Garion, and tries to wake him up.

Hamàrr | Dwarf Champion 9 | AC 30 | HP 154/154 | Shield 120/120 | Per +13 | F:+20, R:+14, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 1/1 | Hero 2

Name
Fortitude(success -> crit success)
1d20+20 8

spacer.png

Nalah, thanks for the help with Retributive Strike, but thanks to Empathetic Plea, Garion escaped damage. So, no need!

It all happened so fast! First the scary horse was charging and rearing, and then Garion is being shaken by Hamaar. He turns to the dwarf, "Did I faint?" He starts to explain, "I had a nightmare ... there was this giant black horse..." The disoriented gnome suddenly realizes it's very real ... and still there.

He chants, "thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening", and sends a bolt of electricity at both enemies.

Lightning Bolt (5th rank) w/ Dang. Sorc

[Lightning Bolt outlined on map. Each enemy: Basic Reflex DC 27]

Then, as calmly as he can, he says to Hamaar and Nalah, "pardon me" and excuses himself into the previous room.

Actions

◆◆ Lightning Bolt

◆ Stride

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 89/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/3/3/2

Edited by ScottGell (see edit history)
Name
Lightning Bolt (5th rank) w/ Dang. Sorc
6d12+5 11,11,12,1,5,1

spacer.png

Feeling bad now that he suggested diplomacy only for it to be immediately blow up in their faces, Kyros reaches out with his draconic magic and for a second time seems to stop. Rushing across the battlefield, he gets past Nalah and Hamar, past the nightmare, and just as time picks back up he closes with the hag. Dancing around the woman, he does his best to get behind her, then strikes.

1. Cast Time Jump and move 60 ft

2. Vexing Tumble another 15 to get past the hag

Acrobatics

3. Claw strike with confident finisher on the hag

To hit

damage

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

Name
Acrobatics
1d20+20 12
To hit
1d20+18 16
damage
2d4+5+4d6 1,1,5,5,4,3

Posted (edited)

B3

Round 1 Kuz'Arak and Drasil May Act

- Any who start in the Nightmare's cloud need a Fort 23 v Sickened 2 (success makes immune for 1 minute).

* The nightmare speeds over to Garion and gnashes his teeth and stomps around, but does not attack the pitiable gnome.

* The hag hisses and casts a spell at Garion. Garion falls asleep on his feet.

* It seemed that the group was having a discussion which would have precluded Nalah from stealthing. However, you were close to Garion when it started, so it makes sense that you were positioning yourself to back him up if when trouble started. The nightmare is off guard to this attack.

* Hamarr goes up to bump Garion awake. He then sets his shield to defend.

* Garion awakes from his nightmare to find a nightmare upon his awakening. He reflexively casts Lightning Bolt before politely scampering to the rear.

* Kyros' has so much control of his form that he seems to teleport past his friends, the smokey cloud, and the nightmare to stand toe to toe with the hag. He slashes her across her midsection.

Status

Terrain:
Cover:

Kajimara 96/96 HP;
Garion 89/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life; Immune
Hamarr- 154154 HP 2/3 AP; Immune

Nalah- 136/136 HP 1/3 AP; Darkvision; Sickened 2

Orange -70 hp

Nightmare -46 hp

Name
Orange Reflex v Lightning Bolt
1d20+19 5
Nightmare Reflex v Lightning Bolt
1d20+17 3

spacer.png

Drasil had hoped for better, but this is indeed what he had expected. He takes a moment to shift into his battle stance, tense like a coiled spring, and then bursts into action. He ducks past the caster to pressure the hag with Kyros, aiming to turn his momentum into a sweeping chop.

Sudden charge
Cold Iron, Slashing damage

OOC and movement questionActions: 1 action rage, 2 action sudden charge (stride, stride, strike

Question: with sudden chareg and some careful movement I think Drasil can just get in to support Kyros. My question is if he can actually move through that corner past the nightmare? I've done some digging and can't find anything. Let me know if you want me to change what I do this turn.

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +11 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

Name
Sudden charge
1d20+20 13
Cold Iron, Slashing damage
2d8+7+6 2,6

Posted (edited)

I have ruled for hard corners. You need to make a Tumble Through check to get past the nightmare.

More than the thought of the 'hard corner' being a thing, I like the thought of the bottleneck as a viable tactic.

Nalah2.png.bf246e89e1139ef796c74ea63801bb9f.png

Hard corners being a thing, I'll reroll my Fortitude check as it just kills my round otherwise :)

Fortitude

Nalah was starting to choke when she realizes the moment was not the best one. She closes her eyes and stops breathing for a split second, just enough for her strange body to absorb the smoke.

Nalah

Edited by SuperBidi (see edit history)
Name
Fortitude
1d20+19 19
Acrobatics (Tumble Through)
1d20+15 9

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak steps back behind Garion as the gnome makes his hasty retreat from the nightmare, "Quick thinking there, whatever you did! You certainly did not want to end up under that things hooves! Now to make a bit of space from this doorway.." Kuz'Arak makes a motion with his hands as a burst of water shoots at the nightmare, hoping to clear some room for his allies to squeeze into the room.

As the burst of water pushes the creature back from the door, Kuz'Arak nods at Kajimara next to him "Alright, get in there and protect our friends Kajimara." The warg takes off barely waiting for him to finish his thought, leaping past Hamaar and Nalah

Fort save for Kajimara

Actions

Kuz'Arak

1: step

2-3 Hydraulic push lvl 4

To hi

Bludg damag

In case of crit-Crit damage

Creature is moved back 5 feet

Kajimara

1: stride 40 feet

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kajimara's Training

Day 1- Success!

You need to make this check once a day for 10 days before she can be considered 'trained'. I'll try to have you do so at times like this for story. Also, at least at first, you can't be aided in this role. She has to come to respect you (at 7 successes). That -4 non-goblin penalty is because she pretends to not understand you. It goes down by 1 for every two successes. Crits count as 2 successes and crit fail subtract 1. Please remind me.

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Kajimara | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

Edited by Nwise (see edit history)
Name
To hi
1d20+17 19
Bludg damag
9d6 2,1,2,2,3,5,3,2,1
Fort save for Kajimara
1d20+17 6
In case of crit-Crit damage
15d6 6,5,2,1,5,3,2,1,3,5,2,5,5,2,3

Nalah moves quickly to flank the Nightmare with the worg. She then attacks swiftly with both her daggers.

Flat Check (First dagger)

Attack (First dagger, Flanking)

Flat Check (Second dagger)

Her first dagger hits the nightmare but, blinded by the smole, her second one strikes at the wrong position.

Piercing damage

Sneak Attack

Nalah

Nalah2.png

Edited by SuperBidi (see edit history)
Name
Flat Check (First dagger)
1d20 16
Attack (First dagger, Flanking)
1d20+18 11
Flat Check (Second dagger)
1d20 4