OOC

LDDragon

We said 1 week per month of study time could be used for other activities: earn income, retraining, crafting. So for what's been the standard 3 month 'semester' that gives 21 days to do one of those activities.

I believe for earn income the DC is the DC of the task, but i think I've been using DC/level. At level 4 that's probably still okay. Maybe Armie is now managing the coffee shop, that seems close to level 4 than just slinging drinks.

I was thinking of normal jobs on campus: work in the library (Magaambya lore, branch Lore, Esoteric Lore, standard knowledge skills), dining hall (cooking Lore, crafting) , coffee shop (Diplomacy, craft), bookstore/powder pile (craft, diplomacy). Maybe there are others we haven't thought of, especially with current events. Groundskeeper or carpenter to repair damage, counselor for all the traumatized students, exterminator to remove bug infestations...

We've been using a single roll for the semester, though I could see doing three rolls, one for each week.

Nobody has the crafting feats over here (well our inventor may have, but he's been MIA), so we haven't been trying to craft anything. Just getting a little gold on the side that I finally saved up enough to buy some scrolls.

I'll just go out on a limb here and say that for Mac, his 3 things to make a little extra money (all level 4 tasks) are Warfare Lore/training with Esi and the other Tempest Sun Mages because, well, he is an expert in weapons... a true natural! Also helping out healing people with Medicine and and some helping out in the Leshy Gardens growing stuff with Nature maybe?

Just gonna make 3 DC 19 skill checks then... fail, trained success, fail. That will be 9 sp then.

Edit: Wait, that is per day. So, x7 makes that 63 silver instead. Or 6 gold, 3 silver then. Nice.

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)
Name
Training with Esi (Warfare Lore)
1d20+10 2
Helping the healers (Medicine)
1d20+9 18
Gardening with the Leshys (Nature)
1d20+10 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had someone ask if they can join. Just checking on whether people would potentially be okay with adding another person? If anyone has any particular thoughts, especially any strong feelings for or against, either now or if they see applications if they come in, feel free to let me know by private messaging me.