OOC

LDDragon

@LDDragon Quick question: Who is the teacher in charge of illusion magic? Or do we have someone else who could have a magic mirror in their office? You know, so people could be asked to come and 'help clean up the place' maybe?

Also: Anchor Root & Chicken. Someone made Heroforge minis of some NPCs.

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

Just to clarify, griffon attack is on day after returning, so everyone will have slept. Also assume medicine checks or healing magic have already taken place, whatever it takes to get to full health. Start the battle on full resources.

I did time skip a bit. If anyone wants to roleplay the intervening time, can be done in a side thread. Main thing is to be at full resources for this fight. 😀

Creatures cannot be reduced to fewer than 0 Hit Points. When most creatures reach 0 Hit Points, they die and are removed from play unless the attack was nonlethal, in which case they are instead knocked out for a significant amount of time (usually 1 minute or more). When undead and construct creatures reach 0 Hit Points, they are destroyed.

Player characters, their companions, and other significant characters and creatures don’t automatically die when they reach 0 Hit Points. Instead, they are knocked out and are at risk of death. At the GM’s discretion, villains, powerful monsters, special NPCs, and enemies with special abilities that are likely to bring them back to the fight (like ferocity, regeneration, or healing magic) can use these rules as well.

If I get say, five people voting for the anadi to be put on the same dying rules as player characters then I will do that, as at that point I will consider them to be special npcs. Otherwise I will treat them as usual NPCs that die at 0 Hit Points.

Its either that or I just treat all npcs as having the dying rules. I get mildly annoyed that in D&D 5e and Pathfinder 2 pcs and npcs are treated differently in that way, whereas I believe in Pathfinder 1e pcs and npcs are treated the same, which I generally prefer.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

Using the dying rules for all NPCs and creatures could be a lot of extra work for not much gain.

Using it for important NPCs is at the DMs descretion, I think that is the best way to run it.