Beyond the Fourth Wall (out of character)

Xerin

Crud... Tried to do an update, if it doesn't work, I'll try to do it again after the maintenance.

First is of Saba, the female person who was interested in sharing.

The second is of Paul, a blond male, and his piece of paper. Added that it was purple forgot to say that.

The third was of Miguel, black-haired male.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

@KhakhanBahahaha

As for everyone else, hopefully, they can see the pictures. I've gotten one positive verification, but if not, please feel free to post it here or in a message. There are a few back and forths going on in this discussion so I'm staying somewhat hands-off to let RP live. But if you want me to post an NPC interjection, I'll be happy to do so.

While this is going a bit slower than I expected (no complaint, it's been a while since I've run a game, and I've never done a mystery game on PBP, so we're figuring things out on the fly), I am pleased with the breakdown of discoveries and the interesting choices by the characters.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

@rogueblade0729 @cbenny @Khakhan @GleefulNihilism @Neopopulas @JubalBreakbottle @DecoyGirl

Alright guys, I'm posting an announcement here. As you may or may have not noticed, Rauhric has not been posting in the campaign. They messaged me prior, gave me the relevant information, and all was good between me and them. Sadly, their reason has compounded and they don't know if or when they'll return.

Now, what they are going through is serious stuff in the Real World. Since I don't know them in person, the only assistance I can provide them is leaving their slot available to come in if they want an escape from the real world. But with how Rauhric has been, I don't believe that they will be posting any time soon.

That said, this has caused us to lose a player until Rauhric is capable of returning. As far as I can see at this point, the only in-game issues this might cause is some RP value (for Jocelyn's roommate), and a bit of in-game aid (for Jocelyn's color partner). Are there any other in-game concerns? Any in-game questions?

Also to note- While I was provided the reason as to why they aren't posting, I will not comment on it. Some people are very private about their personal life and I don't know how comfortable Rauhric is about sharing RL factors. Since they haven't posted anything about it in any of the games they are in, I'm assuming they want as few people to know about it as possible. Please give Rauhric as much courtesy as you can provide.

@Xerin Question. How does Maahes influence Francis' wake-up schedule, since he is his own entity and has different stats in his alternate form? If you think he would have a substantial impact, I'm willing to roll the saves to see if Francis can pull his act together after getting semi-violently thrown from bed. So if he fails, he takes a penalty to Presence and Awareness checks or something, to show how miserable and groggy he is.

If your character is forcefully woken up due to lack of sleep, they will be fatigued, then fatigued and impaired, and so on and so forth until they can recover with rest.

If your character is just a heavy sleeper (ie, you didn't stay up late and just didn't roll well), being woken up will only cause the impaired status (perception) for two rounds (12 seconds).

So if you stay up late, you'll have lasting consequences until you can rest up. But if you just sleep like a rock it'll just take a moment to get to 100%. Don't want to punish someone if they didn't wake up and then someone assaults the school or something.