The Coming Dawn - Page 1

Xerin

You received a letter at the end of your school year. Everything about the letter screamed expensive. From the cardstock chosen, the pressed lettering, even the glisten of the ink that made it look as if it were still wet despite not leaving a mark on your fingers. How Wayne Enterprises learned about you, you don't know. But in a small portion of the tailored letter to you, it hinted that someone in Wayne Enterprises knew about your abilities. And instead of threatening, blackmailing, or anything else. They were offering you a chance to go to a new school made by one of, if not the, wealthiest man in the world. At his former home! On top of that, graduating from the Wayne School for the Exceptional guaranteed a full ride to any college that accepted you. So after a couple of months, you found yourself bundled up with some suitcases and sent to a brand new school just outside of Gotham City.

spacer.png

As you pull up, you see what screams 'palace' or 'castle' rather than house or mansion. Standing outside meeting the students and parents were several teachers with the principal and vice principal.

Please introduce your character and how they arrive. Also, the first poster gets to choose which dorm is on the second or third level, boys or girls. Feel free to also choose which dorm room you want, pictures of the map are in the settings.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.f0b843d6f188ea6b86a740880f0e514c.jpegOne of the first students to arrive did so in style, at least externally. Pulling up to Wayne Manor in a top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz was a young student with brown hair, white skin, fine clothes, and an unassuming demeanor. He was being driven by a man dressed in a crisp tuxedo, though he bears very little physical resemblance to the boy. Stepping out of the car, he went for the trunk to take out his bags, but before he could arrive the butler was already hastily pulling two large suit cases out, and outright refused to let the boy help in any way. The boy seemed almost embarrassed by this, but he didn't press the issue, instead stepping away to take in his surroundings.

"Well… I guess this is the nicer part of Gotham. Not sure if all those warning Mom and Dad gave me apply out here," he thought to himself, pocketing his hands and approaching the front steps, his butler following close behind. Soon, his gaze fell upon two individuals who had a very clear look of authority about them: the principal and vice principal, Mr. Grayson and Mr. Wayne. A subdued smile spread across his lips at the sight. "Even cooler than I thought they'd look."

Moving ahead, he penned his Hancock on the sign-in sheet before heading to his assigned room: third floor, much to the dismay of the butler. Once again, the boy offered to help, but was professionally refused once more. The mansion was old, but he couldn't deny the impressiveness of its architecture. Images of builders, likely Irish, Catholics, and other second-wave immigrants, hard at work setting each stone filled the young boy's mind as he ascended the staircase.

Withdrawing an old-school iron key out of a small envelope, he inserted it into the lock, turned the ancient mechanism, and stepped into his dorm.

"Thank you, Mister Samwise, but I really can take it from here. I'll be sure to call Mom and Dad before you leave, I promise," Francis reassured, which finally seemed to be enough to get the somewhat cold butler to depart. Sighing heavily, the young boy tossed his key on a little nightstand and flopped down on the bed, taking it all in.

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

OOC: First!

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Jake Murphy - The Goose

JakeJake arrived at the school via a taxi which he had taken from the airport. He retrieved a large green kit bag from the back seat, paid for the fare including a nice tip, and apologized again to the driver for having him drive so far out of the main city. He really hoped it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

As the taxi drove off he looked around at the campus to see several parents dropping off new students. It seemed like a fairly emotional time for some of them, with a few clearly showing signs of embarrassment. He was a little thankful he had already said goodbye to his dad back when he left Halifax. With any luck these teens were about to become his new friends and he wanted to make a good first impression.

Easily hefting the large bag over his shoulder he began walking over to the building, wondering vaguely what abilities the rest of the students had. Would any of them have powers be as weird as his? Ever since he first manifested his ability the past few months still seemed unreal to him, almost like some elaborate dream. Lost in his own thoughts and not paying enough attention to his surroundings he accidentally bumped into another student. "Oh jeez, I'm so sorry about that. Are you okay there?" He apologized reflexively, turning to offer help to whoever he hit. So much for making a good impression...

Title

Character Sheet

OOC: A careful listener might have heard that Jake has a noticeable Canadian accent, especially when he said the word 'about'.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

Volker Riese - Der Drache

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyHonestly, it was a bit of relief. Volker was using an old military surplus bag for his own things, a hockey stick tied to the top of the bag otherwise. The bump barely registers. Instinct was to hit back but he squishes that quickly, that kid looked like he'd be crushed like a bug.

"Oh, Ja. No worries." the big 17 year old responds. This was clearly a guy who hits the gym already, red-blonde hair kept short but with a bit of wave. He turns, and is almost amused at the size difference but he leaves it at that. He spoke with a thick German accept but he did clearly know English.

~~~

The invitation had found him in a hospital in Wunsiedel, and he was there because he was lucky. August 17th had been real bad this year and by all accounts he should be covered in burns from head to toe now. Nothing. He was in the hospital because he was perfectly time and that didn't seem fair so he tried to slip out.

He didn't have to think about it. The only challenge was getting out without the wrong relatives finding out.

~~~

"Just was not expecting a Castle. Herr Wayne isn't doing this half-way." he grunts with a bit of a chuckle as he looks around. Looks like he's older then the average here, if this were a normal American highschool he'd probably be an American Football jock. The idea amuses him a little, as he's never played. Rugby, Close - but not quite the same thing.

"Well, I'm curious what he has in mind."

Title

Character Sheet

OOC: -

Johanna Jager - Photonspacer.png

Dodge: 13 | Parry: 15

Fortitude: +5 | Toughness: +4 | Will: +4

AdvantagesFast Grab
• Free grab check after unarmed attack

Improved Critical
• +1 to critical thread (19-20)

Improved Hold.
• -5 penalty to escape from holds
| PowersRegeneration
• Recover one condition per round

Immortality
• Recover from death after 1 day

Insubstantial
• Gaseous Form (immune to physical damage. Can move through any non airtight space)

Immunity
• Life support (Disease, Poison, All environmental conditions, Suffocation, Starvation and Thirst, Aging, Sleep

Morph
• Other humans of the same general shape

Damage
• Melee touch damage

Elongate
• 30ft range stretching

Protection
• +4 to toughness save

Affliction
• Vulnerable -> Stunned -> Incapacitated

Flight
• 120ft flight speed

Darkvision
• Counters Darkness

Infravision
• Track through heat
| Attacks

Johanna had been walking for a long time. She'd been hand delivered the letter by a courier because she didn't have a permanent address, read it, and just started walking. She didn't have anything else to do, and no real way to get their any easier than walking and.. well it worked just fine. She'd fly at night, when less people would see her, but walking was just fine in her opinion.

She stopped at the edge of the drive and eyed the few people already there. People were complicated beings that she always had mixed experiences with. She would have to see how this goes from now on.

She was carrying very little, but she didn't need much either so it was fine, she sort of just.. slides up among the others and stands listening.

Jake Murphy - The Goose

Jake"It does look pretty impressive." Jake agreed, glad that the other student didn't seem hurt or offended. He noticed they both carried similar bags and wondered if Volker also had family in the military.

"I'm Jake by the way. I see you play hockey, eh?" He asked, pointing at the stick on Volker's bag. "The information they sent didn't mention having an arena so I didn't think to bring any of my gear with me."

Title

Jocelyn Davis

jocelyn_davis_challenger.pngDodge 6 Parry 6 Fortitude 6 Toughness 6/1 Will 6

Jocelyn's whole family came out to Gotham to drop her off at her new school. They were probably more excited about this experience than even she was. When they drove up and parked their car they just sat in it for a while to contemplate the totality of the school's grounds. It was enormous. So sprawling was it that it made them feel even smaller than they did when they first arrived.

Jocelyn's grandfather, Lester Davis, exited the SUV first and stretched out his arms wide as if he was trying to take in all the "energy" this place had into his old body, but in truth he was just stretch out the soreness in his old bones and muscle from the long car ride here. Soon afterwards Jocelyn's mother and father exited the vehicle to help out the younger siblings do the same; Jocelyn stayed in the SUV alone for a moment longer to contemplate the rest of her life. Somewhere in all the realities she exists in she has not experienced this event before; she was scared and excited at the same time.

Recently she's begun experiencing Déjà vu to the point where it has become comforting in knowing the positive outcomes of her future decisions. She is not seeing the future per se, she is view all potential outcomes across all realities at an instant to select the most beneficial scenario to fit her current needs. It is essentially Intuition that she is relying on, but a little more complex than that. As she steps out of the car she takes a deep breath and immediately goes to collect her bags from the back of the SUV. She is joined by her grandfather who offers to help her carry some of her things. He turns to her and says "New experiences are always good, kiddo." She smiles at his comforting words.

Soon she is joined by everyone else as they walk with her to where some of the other students have gathered. She smiles at the students and says "Hi. I'm Jocelyn Davis, and this is my family." She motions to her entourage. She waits quietly for them to introduce themselves before asking what they should do next.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Jake Murphy - The Goose

JakeJake was making some small talk with Volker when he noticed a very attractive teenage girl walking up to them. Something about the way she walked made her seem incredibly graceful, and he suddenly become extremely aware of how scrawny he was in comparison to his new friend. Volker was only a little bit taller but was way handsomer with probably forty pounds worth muscles more than him. Combined with Jake's messy hair, worn-out jeans and old plaid shirt he could feel himself becoming self-conscious.

"Uh, hey, hi." Jake stammered nervously. "I'm, um... I'm Jake. Jake Murphy. Pleasure to meet you."

Title

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/Letterkenny"Volker," he responds with offering a hand. The act of turning around does show that his light jacket is open and underneath he's wearing a t-shirt with an image of a happily dancing book with German print around it.cartoon-doodle-dancing-book-free-vector.jpg

Rettet die Bücher, Verbrennt die Faschisten.

The literial translation into English was "Save the Books, Burn the Fascists". But he's in the habit of if anyone who doesn't speak German asks he says that word is "Ban".

"Ja, but I don't trust some of my relatives with my lucky stick." he gives with a chuckle. And like an older brother, he recognizes the look Jake gets with Jocelyn and knows he has no chance to keep the attention anyway.

"Volker Reise, your family looks nice. But if you excuse me, I have to see about a room." he gives a little bow, and Jake a little fistbump as he steps back to be a bro.

Title

Character Sheet

Kannd'r

kaandr_2.jpg.c6a2f9d3452cc47f298d0798e985a3ed.jpg

Kannd'r came in at around the speed of your average sedan on a highway, flying at around 50 or 60 feet off the ground and actually circling the estate once before slowing coming in for what looked like an expert landing, going from a horizontal to a vertical position and landing softly like a feather touching down the quietness of it being ruined by a slightly robotic voice emanating from the pocket on her jacket. "you have arrived at your destination" Before she took out a phone out and flipped off the map.

She looked at the building with no real discernable expression before noticing the group collected nearby floating over to their location.

The girl towered over everyone in the group with the exception of Volker who she was more or more eye to eye with until she touched back down on the ground. What looked to be surplus combat boots, cargo pants a T-shirt topped with a leather jacket, and the only luggage with her being what looked to be a medical backpack with the Starlabs logo on it.

"Greetings... My phones navigational system is correct this is Wayne manner yes?"
The perfectly neutral delivery didn't indicate any origine for her English and if it wasn't for an almost constant and easy-to-read expression of low-level confusion on her face you might think she herself was a phone's personal assistant come to life.

Mechanics & OOC
Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyAnd Volker definitely proves that he's not so above it all as he sees Kannd'r give her neat landing. The only boy with a matching height, he happened to be closest thanks to his little move earlier and he actually blinks. He's pretty sure he's had dreams start this way.

Volker was wearing worker's boots, blue jeans, and a light dark-blue jacket that was open and underneath he's wearing a t-shirt with an image of a happily dancing book with German print around it.cartoon-doodle-dancing-book-free-vector.jpg

The literial translation into English was "Save the Books, Burn the Fascists". But he's in the habit of if anyone who doesn't speak German asks he says that the word Verbrennt translates to "Ban".

"I just got here myself, but as far as I know - Ja, this is Wayne Manor." he remarks, the german accent coming through a bit stronger then it did early for a few reasons. A big one though was someone being so open with their powers. He was distracted for a bit there too as he puts his bag down, then unzips a corner.

This_is_called_doing_%22The_Dragon%22_2013-12-28_22-39.png"My name is Volker. Is that what this place is? A School for Powers?" he asks, and he'd be confused but honestly it clicked more things into place for him then it raised questions. His letter was in German but it was the same, an invitation and the wording implied that whoever sent it knew about his - well, knew about the Dragon of Wunsiedel.

And he smiled.

"Ach, I wish someone had said something earlier, ja?" he gives with a grin as he takes the jacket off and lays it on his bag.

"Vant to see something cool?"

He points his head straight up because he does want to be safe about it, then he takes a deep breath...

Title

Character Sheet

OOC: - Don't normally like sandiching posts but this seemed right.

Kannd'r

She watched the display apparently not looking that impressed or even that surprised, instead look at Volker when he was done again seaming confused. "That was not cool... that was quite hot." Without missing a beat or losing the deadpan tone in her voice she held out her hand in a very stiff offer for a handshake. "May I shake your hand Volker?"bit of a disappointment to anyone waiting for this. but...

tamaranean language absorption only takes skin-to-skin contact it just takes a lot less time with the lip-to-lip version.

Mechanics & OOC

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyAdmittedly, that wasn't quite the reaction he was expecting. He's a bit confused at that as he looks around a bit.

"That is, figure of speech, ja? English is not my first language, did I do it wrong?" he asks, just shrugging and giving his hand out because she did ask politely. Powers were involved at this point, something was clearly going on.
cartoon-doodle-dancing-book-free-vector.jpg

"Save the Books, Burn the Fascists".

"I wonder what our classmates can do at this point, ja?"

Title

Character Sheet

OOC: - Don't normally like sandiching posts but this seemed right.

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.ab047314202d21242413c8fa1b9d68eb.jpegFrancis had just finished unpacking his suitcases and was tucking them away in the corner of the room when movement was caught out of the corner of his eye. Heading to the window, he saw what look to be a gout of flame spewing out from one of the new arrival's mouth. He stared at the gathering crowd with awe, taking in the reality of his situation. This really would be a school for super-kids, not just "gifted" in the typical sense of the word.

"I sense hesitation, young pharaoh," a voice spoke in his mind. Even though he's been living with Maahes in the back of his head for several months now, it still caught the teenager off-guard. He reached under his button-up shirt and clasped the amulet gently in his hand, turning his thoughts to his patron. "What is troubling you?"

"Well... this is the first time I've ever been around real superheroes. I just didn't register until now that they would be my age. I mean, look at that guy. Breathed fire like a circus act, or a dragon! And that girl, she just flew down here like Superman! Have you ever seen something like that before? How am I, or any of us, supposed to act like any of this is normal? What if they see me, see you and I, and just... don't like us?"

A deep, rumbling chuckle vibrated his thoughts. "Long was it my duty to defend my father Ra's voyage against Apep and all his minions, including his vile cults. To see mere mortals fly and breathe flame is not unprecedented." Francis nodded to seemingly no one, tapping his fingers along the windowsill. Once again, Maahes' voice echoed in his mind, "Go to them. A pharaoh must be known by his people, to win their loyalty and respect."

"I highly doubt any of my classmates are ever gonna bend the knee to me, and I don't want them to, but... okay, you've got a point."

Calming himself with a few slow breaths, the teen mastered his worries and strode swiftly out of his dorm, making his way down the winding staircase until he reached the first floor. His footsteps echoing through the mostly-empty halls, he exited the front doors and slowly approached the crowd that was gathering on the front steps. As soon as one of them saw him, he offered a smile and a wave, the amulet safely tucked under his shirt and out of plain sight. "Hi," he said warmly, "Looks like everyone's finally arriving. I was starting to wonder if I got dropped off at the wrong billionaire's mansion, heh heh. I'm Francis, by the way, nice to meet you all."

Approaching the other students is a teenage boy dressed in several top-of-the-line clothing brands. He wore a dark blue button-up shirt, a plain white t-shirt, khakis, and brown Derbys, all of which was cleanly laundered and freshly ironed. On his wrist was a smart watch, likely to go with an expensive next-gen smart phone. His thick brown hair is neatly cut, and his face is almost entirely free of pimples, which is only possible at his age with dermatologist products and a solid skincare routine.

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

Voice Claim for Francis - Robin (Jesse McCartney)

Voice Claim for Maahes - Mufasa (James Earl Jones)

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Kannd'r

She took the offered hand shaking it for a... slightly uncomfortable period of time maybe 20 seconds. And maybe a bit firmly for a normal handshake but by no means hand-crushingly so and seaming to almost stare at the handshake as she did it. "Englisch ist auch nicht meine muttersparche, das ist gut, danke Herr volker. Ich heibe Kannd'r Dru-Zod Es freut mich, Sie kennenzulernen.""English isn't my mother tongue either, that's good, thank you Mr. Volker. My name is Kannd'r Dru-Zod. It's a pleasure to meet you." Her delivery and total lack of accent gave her the same almost phone personal assistant tone... only now in German as she broke the handshake.

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/7905-kaandr-dru-zod-tamaraneankryptonian-hybrid/

OOC: I don't normally either, but I'm about to go to work so I'll be gone a bit, also this just finishes up be steeling the power of the German language from Volker.