Group A The first masking continued from OGMW

LDDragon

Arcane shield taking some of the mandibles damages, Kuoi collapses onto the ground as the giant goliath beetle bites onto his head.

Mac snarls and charges up to the giant centipede, biting down and on vital parts, then worrying at its corpse.

Omolara places two precisely aimed shots, both piercing the brain of the remaining flash beetle.

Having defeated all the nearby bugs, the group can see that the others around the hall.

Anchor Root and the visiting female great gnolls and a male sweetbreath have also prevailed in their fight, but not without injuries.

Those left with healing magic pulse with positive energy, healing the injured, including Kuoi, at least enough for people regain consciousness and move under their own power again.

Bananas mother rushes over to him to ensure he is, in fact, alive.

Matriarch Flint Tooth comments

"Well! That was certainly invigorating! Looks like you have got to keep alert around this school!"

Koride examines any insects left behind, observing out loud that these insects don’t work together naturally and that they must have been compelled to attack. Mafika and Zuma dart into the tunnels to finish off any fleeing insects.

Takulu insists that the initiates, or rather—he corrects himself with pride—the attendants, should ensure everyone made it to safety outside the auditorium before heading back to their dormitories to rest and recover from their injuries. Takulu assures everyone that the instructors and more experienced students of the Magaambya will conduct a full investigation into the cause and extent of this strange attack.

Map

ooc

BATTLE WON, CONGRATS!

GAIN 1 HERO POINT, AND EVERYONE LEVEL UP TO LEVEL 3!!!

There will be a few days downtime, 7 days worth.

Now out of combat.

There are more bugs here than the group can hope to fight, but the other teachers, students and people in the audience will also be fighting the bugs. We will focus our attention on the fights relevant to the group.

Giant goliath beetle
41 total damage. DEAD, ie at half health or below. Made up of 3 from Mac. 11 + 5 from Omolara. 3 from Omolara, and 2 from Amosgarn. 8 bludgeoning from Banana. 9 from Banana blugeoning

Giant centipede 1. Total 9 damage. DEAD. Made up of 5 from Banana burning hands. 4 from Mac bite.
Giant centipede 2.  Total 8 damage. DEAD. Made up of 5 from Banana burning hands. 3 from Sweet Tooth lightning.
Flash beetle 1. VERY DEAD. Total 28 damage. Made up of 2 from Banana burning hands. Omolara crits it for 22, crits again for 4

Flash beetle 2.  DEAD. Took nine damage from Banana.

22 Mac
22 Thura
22 Omlara
22 Banana
11 Giant goliath beetle. DC 18 for exploit vulnerability.
11 Giant centipede 1. DC 13 for exploit vulnerability.
11 Giant centipede 2. DC 13 for exploit vulnerability.
11 Flash beetle 1. DC 13 for exploit vulnerability.
11 Flash beetle 2. DC 13 for exploit vulnerability.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

image.png.7b6bd332dafe410397d3099ef34f05c3.png

Sweet Tooth - Catfolk Thaumaturge 2

HP: 26/26 | AC: 17 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 

Perception: +6 Low Light Vision | Fort: +7 | Ref: +6 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth sighs in relief as the nearby creatures are brought down. With a cough and a splutter she expels the last of the centipede poison, all over the floor. She looks around warily, as if another attack could come at any moment. But after it was clear the fight was over she calmed down and licked her minor wound. Noticing the others, she decides to introduce herself.

"Thanks for the help back there, you certainly know how to squash bugs. I am Sweet Tooth, just recently arrived. Are all the gatherings here so dangerous and exciting? I had heard this was a place of learning!"

spacer.png   Thura

HP: 3/24
AC: 1618 with shield raised

Perception +8
Fort +4
Ref +6
Will +10

"We learn by doing here," Thura quips. She doles out as much healing magic as she can, then pulls out her healers' tools to help those who still need it - all while stubbornly ignoring her own wounds. "But still, welcome. I hope you've not changed your mind about attending."
Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)

[table=2,1] [r=1,1][IMG2=150]https://og.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104483&d=1649789267[/IMG2] [r=2,1][fieldset=Mac Tíre][B][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2505803"]Mac Tíre[/URL][/B] [b]HP:[/b] 9/28 -[b] AC: [/b]17 [b]Conditions:[/b] Wounded 1 Hero Points: 2 [/fieldset][/table]
attachment.php?attachmentid=104483&d=1649789267
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre HP: 9/28 - AC: 17 Conditions: Wounded 1 Hero Points: 2

Mac tears into the giant centipede, making absolutely sure it is no longer a threat to his pa... cohort.

As he realises that he did indeed end the giant insect's life, he spits out first the cadaver, then whatever of the creature's fluids he can dislodge from his tongue...

"*Snarl* ... Bleeehhhh...!"

Now that that has been dealt with, Mac realises that the attacking creatures seem to have been slain.

"Aw man, are you people all right?", he asks, ears perking up alert. He then notices Kuoi's prone form and rushes over to render some first aid.

"Crap! We have casualties! Help me out!"

Fortunately, enough healers are present to get everybody back up on their feet, so Mac gets to stand back and watch. Like Banana's mother rushing in to congratulate her son on his victory.

Sure nice to have living relatives...

But there are two new faces who rushed in to help the fight. So Mac decides to shift to his human guise and greet the newcomers.

[table=2,1] [r=1,1][IMG2=150]https://og.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101183&d=1629905609[/IMG2] [r=2,1][fieldset=Mac Tíre][B][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2505803"]Mac Tíre[/URL][/B] [b]HP:[/b] 9/28 -[b] AC: [/b]19 [b]Conditions:[/b] Hero Points: 2 [/fieldset][/table]
attachment.php?attachmentid=101183&d=1629905609
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre HP: 9/28 - AC: 19 Conditions: Hero Points: 2

"Uhm, hi. Im Mac. Mac Tíre actually, but everybody just calls me Mac. So, uh, like, thanks for helping out and stuff. We really had a bit of a problem with the big one there. So, uh, who are you? "

With Sweet Tooth introducing himself, Mac nods "So a new guy, huh? Do you already have a cohort? Where are you staying? Have you met Cizire yet?"

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

Stalwart Banana leans on his staff for support, clutching his stomach where the goliath beetle had managed to crunch him in its jaws. However, he seems more concerned with Anchor Root. She loves insects, so being attacked by so many, and likely forced to kill them, has doubtless shaken up the little kholo. So, he makes his way over and slumps down next to her, giving her a nice big shoulder to cry on and hide behind if she needs it.

"Tsaa...I don't need Koride telling me that this wasn't a natural attack. Somebody is trying to sabotage the Magaambaya, I'm sure of it. Trouble? TROUBLE! No, stop that!"

The pugwampi looks up from where he's gotten out an ink pot, and is getting ready to add some new details to Kuoi's face. He quickly hides the pot and scampers over.

Banana's mother, meanwhile, has come over and used a ceremonial knife to slash open her right wrist, thrusting it into Banana's face. He makes a face, but starts lapping up the blood anyway.

"Don't worry, you two. Nothing like blood from the right side to help patch you up. Here, Anchor Root, you get some, too."

Eventually, Banana pulls his muzzle away, wiping off errant stains before turning to the newcomers.

"Haven't noticed you before. I'm Stalwart Banana - I joined the Cascade Bearers. If all goes well, maybe more of my tribe will come to the Magaambaya, and the rest will start buying books from the traders. And the little prankster is my familiar, Trouble."

52257768655_92d032d51b_h.jpg
Omolara

Ancestry: Human | Heritage: Half-elf | Class: Ranger | Background: Sponsored By A Stranger

Primary branch: Rain-Scribe (lvl 1) | Secondary branch: Uzunjati (lvl 1) | Application | Character sheet

HP: 23/32 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 0 | Cantrip(s): Tanglefoot

Condition(s): Gravity Weapon (1 minute)

Omolara strode across the battlefield, pausing here or there to retrieve an unbroken arrow. Once she was assured that all of the attacking insects were dispatched, she returned to her cohort. She arrived just in time to hear Sweet Tooth's query.

"Our teachers assure us it is not but you couldn't prove that by our recent experience," she remarked dryly.

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth watches over the healing, not helping but keeping an eye out. She also checks on the corpses of the beetles and centipedes and she speaks. As she takes a small sample of the poison that had affected her, she purred to herself. When Mac introduced himself she gave a shrug. She seems to grow colder as he speaks, her voice is a lot less friendly when she speaks again.

"Hello Mac, Sweet Tooth is my name! Perhaps you did not hear while you were playing with your food? I so not have a Cohort, I am barely arrived when the attack occurred. Most inconvenient timing. What is a Cizire?"

She seems to get over it as her curiosity overcame whatever slight she had taken. She turns to Omolara

"Do you all learn together? A Cohort you call it? This has happened before then? It seems I chose the right place to improve my knowledge. I like to apply my knowledge and try it first hand. This poison for example, watered down a thousand times and held in a small bowl made of evergreen leaves.."

She trailed off and changed the subject.

"I think some food is in order, which way to the food?"

[table=2,1] [r=1,1][IMG2=150]https://og.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101183&d=1629905609[/IMG2] [r=2,1][fieldset=Mac Tíre][B][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2505803"]Mac Tíre[/URL][/B] [b]HP:[/b] 9/28 -[b] AC: [/b]19 [b]Conditions:[/b] Hero Points: 2 [/fieldset][/table]
attachment.php?attachmentid=101183&d=1629905609
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre HP: 9/28 - AC: 19 Conditions: Hero Points: 2

At first, Mac seems a bit take aback by Sweet Tooth's cold reply, but he quickly recovers and smiles.

"Food, yes, a good idea. Come, we'll show you around!", Mac replies excitedly, ready to lead the way to the mess hall if the teachers have things under control.

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

52257768655_92d032d51b_h.jpg
Omolara

Ancestry: Human | Heritage: Half-elf | Class: Ranger | Background: Sponsored By A Stranger

Primary branch: Rain-Scribe (lvl 1) | Secondary branch: Uzunjati (lvl 1) | Application | Character sheet

HP: 23/32 | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 0 | Cantrip(s): Tanglefoot

Condition(s): Gravity Weapon (1 minute)

Omolara swept the area around the stage with her gaze. Things seemed under control, for the moment. She favored Sweet Tooth a thin smile. "Yes, a cohort is a group of students who live together. We often study together as well. And are assigned special projects together. I expect your cohort assignment might be delayed by recent events, so let us show you to the dining hall."

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth seems to be won over by the promise of food.

"I suppose I should go find out which cohort I am assigned to, if independant study is not the done thing. But first food, I hope the bugs did not get there first.."

She followed Mac, who seemed eager to show the way, perhaps he was just a bit dim when he had called her a male and meant no malice by it?