OOC Chat Chapter One - Blood on the Crown

bwatford

Taking a closer look at Harder Nug, and how he and Egg's relationship might be, this is a curious one. Egg's sort of both well-manned AND shameless. He's both an idealist with his faith, and yet said ideals are pretty tame in their scope (work hard, play hard) as opposed to anything grand and profound. For Egg's part, I can see him viewing Harder Nug as profoundly useful, the kind of man who has the background, skills, and experience he lacks to help make a proper mercenary group. As such, there's a genuine respect there. How Harder Nug sees Egg in return I'll leave up to you @The Eyeball Kid.

@Peacemonger I think Harder would likely enjoy Egg. A holy man who doesn't take himself too seriously or make you feel bad about every little misstep -- is even willing (eager?) to misstep himself. He doesn't have much use for ideals, unless getting paid is an ideal, but the elf seems easygoing and fun enough to overlook small faults.

Plus, anyone who can heal Harder and keep him fighting is alright in his book.

I love the VV logo, but I think Valorous Venturers is a little long-winded and vague. If we were to use that, I would shorten it to Valor Ventures.

However, I would prefer something more concrete. Given our initial adventure, I would like to propose Manticore Mercenaries. We could taxidermy the head and mount it in the reception, use the skin as a rug, and everyone wear a manticore spike on a necklace as a medallion. Our sign could look like this.

spacer.png

I had also proposed The Golden Hand to play on light and dark, and allude to nobility, our proposed client base. The symbol would be a golden hand print.

spacer.png

I like the Manticores. It's straightforward and sounds cool.

I thought at some point in the set up stuff it said we need a noble family to sponsor us to legally act as an adventuring party. @bwatford, did I get that wrong?

So, no offense against Baldur's family, but I think we need an actual noble?

4 hours ago, Past Imperfect said:

I thought at some point in the set up stuff it said we need a noble family to sponsor us to legally act as an adventuring party. @bwatford, did I get that wrong?

While you could find a building, it seems to be a licensing issue, you basically need someone on the council vouch for you, or a noble with considerable pull with the city that can do you a favor in order for them to approve the business license to operate within the city.

I am sure there are other forces at work trying to stop it from happening, as most licensing types are approved pretty easily.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, bwatford said:

While you could find a building, it seems to be a licensing issue, you basically need someone on the council vouch for you, or a noble with considerable pull with the city that can do you a favor in order for them to approve the business license to operate within the city.

I am sure there are other forces at work trying to stop it from happening, as most licensing types are approved pretty easily.

Ok, I didn't get that at first. So, in other words, there is someone who is actively preventing our group from being licensed? And we need a noble to vouch for us so we can overcome that barrier.

We are going to try and slip off to the beach for a few days this week so I will be out of pocket, the current scene is a social one, and will give you the chance to meet various NPC's as well as give the group some time to chit chat back and forth, I will update us as I have time this coming week. Probably be toward the end of the week.