Chapter One - Blood on the Crown

bwatford

Amelia Kassicar Human Sorcerer 5image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 13 (16 w/Mage Armour) | HP: 32/32 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13 | Spell Attack: +7 | Spell DC: 15 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Abilities: [Sorcerer Points: 5/5] | Metamagic (Transmute SpellWhen you cast a spell that deals a type of damage from the following list, you can spend 1 sorcery point to change that damage type to one of the other listed types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, thunder. / Empower SpellWhen you roll damage for a spell, you can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll a number of the damage dice up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). You must use the new rolls.

You can use Empowered Spell even if you have already used a different Metamagic option during the casting of the spell.
) | Magical GuideanceWhen you make an ability check that fails, you can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll the d20. | Active Effects: Mage Armour

Cantrips; Fire Bolt, Prestidigitation, Light, Mending, Mage Hand, Mind Sliver, Eldritch Blast

Level 1 [▣ ▣ ▣ ▢]
Burning Hands, Mage Armour, Shield, Arms of Hadar, Dissonant Whispers

Level 2 [▣ ▣ ▣]
Scorching Ray, Shatter

Level 3 [▣ ▣ ▣]
Fireball, Enemies Abound, Antagonize

Amelia had been moving down the road when she saw the fire. Rushing in to be the hero was not normally her M.O., but in this case it had seemed dramatic and serious enough that she had made the decision that she had to at least check.

She had immediately regretted it, but having committed herself she stuck with it. When Baldur finds his doors is the same moment she finds the small gate in the side and they momentarily come face-to-face across the engulfed stables.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

image.jpeg.6e2c0e136f0df5812ee99688a3dc909b.jpeg

Chapter 1 - Blood on the Crown Blood and Fire

Baldur and Yaldiled raced into the burning structure of the stables in an attempt to rescue the horses as Saara tended to their own outside. The flames in the stables licking the wooden beams and the dark smoke billowing into the sky. The terrified neighs of the horses echoed through the air, threatening to spook the horses that Saara was trying to attend to outside, Baldur and Yaldiled now desperate to save the Crown Warden's beloved steed.

Baldur, with his stout frame and fiery red beard, was the first to enter. His heart swelled with determination as he saw the inferno consuming the stables. He knew that the horses were trapped inside, their lives hanging in the balance. Without hesitation, he charged forward, his sturdy boots crunching on the burning hay.

Yaldiled, followed close behind. His scales shimmered in the firelight, and his eyes glowed with an inner flame. As a descendant of dragons, he felt a kinship with the frightened horses. They were majestic creatures, and he couldn’t bear to see them perish.

Together, Baldur and Yaldiled pushed through the smoke, coughing and squinting against the heat. The flames danced around them, threatening to engulf their beards and scales. But they pressed on, driven by a shared purpose: to rescue the horses.

Baldur's strong arms lifted fallen beams, creating a path for Yaldiled to follow. The dragonborn’s breath, tinged with smoke, soothed the panicked horses as he urged them toward the exit. Their hooves clattered on the wooden floor, eyes wide with fear.

Baldur and Yaldiled emerged a few minutes later, leading the horses to safety. The stable roof collapsed behind them, sending sparks into the sky. The horses nuzzled their saviors, their gratitude evident in their gentle whinnies.

As the last horse, Miss Ivory, stumbled out, Baldur wiped sweat from his brow. Yaldiled’s scales bore singe marks, but his smile was triumphant. The two unlikely heroes exchanged a nod, their bond forged in the flames.

Upon arriving at the scene, Ameila swiftly assessed how she could be of assistance. She took hold of several horses' reins to guide them away from the burning structure.

On This Selik (Wednesday), the 35th Day of Camua (Autumn), in the 631st Year of the Age of Kings
9:49 am

The 6th Day of the Campaign

Scene Notes: None

Show Active Maps

Currently Not in Use!!

Show Bookkeeping

PASSIVE PERCEPTION

Ru'ath 18 | Baldur 15 | Ameila 13 | Yaldiled 13 | Saara 10

INITIATIVE

Not in Use!!

MECHANICS

Baldur
Takes 14 hit points of fire damage.
Has 35 of 49 hit points remaining.

Yaldiled
Takes 15 hit points of fire damage.
Has 23 of 38 hit points remaining.

CONDITIONS

Not in Use!!

DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

AMEILA KASSICAR

Hit Points: 35/49
Hit Dice: 5/5
Sorcery Points: 5/5 *L
Spell Slots (+7, DC 15) *L

• 1st Level: 4/4
  • 2nd Level: 3/3
  • 3rd Level: 2/2

DM Inspiration: 1/1

BALDUR STONEBOW

Hit Points: 32/32 (RESIST:poison; ADVSAVTYPE: poisoned)
Spell Slots (+5, DC 13) *L

• 2nd Level: 2/2

RU'ATH FIRVANNA

Hit Points: 28/28 (fey ancestry; RESIST: necrotic; uncanny dodge)

Blessings of the Raven Queen: 3/3 *L
Shadow Touched

• Invisibility: 1/1 *L
  • Disguise Self: 1/1 *L

SAARA RENALISH

Hit Points: 43/43 (IMMUNE: disease; RESIST: poison; MAGIC RESISTANCE)
Channel Divinity: 1/1 *S/L
Divine Sense: 5/5 *L
Form of Dread: 3/3 *L
Lay On Hands: 20/20 *L
Serpentine Spellcasting: 0/1 *L
Spell Slots Paladin (+6, DC 14), Warlock (+7, DC 15)

• 1st Level: 4/4 *L
  • Pact Slots (1st): 1/1 *S/L

YALDILED GURVYS

Hit Points: 23/38 (RESIST:cold; IMMUNE: disease)
Bardic Inspiration: 2/3 (d8) *L
Breath Weapon: 1/1 *S
Divine Sense: 4/4 *L
Lay on Hands: 20/20 *L
Spell Slots (+6, DC 14) *L

Baldur

Baldur Stonebow Dwarf Ranger 5Baldur(3).jpg.a5cbe35aa8f560308a6e2bd9dfb1e0d6.jpg

image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 (chain shirt) | HP: 49/49 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 
Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +5 | Spell DC: 13
Spells Known | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Baldur comes out of the stables leading the horses out. Once outside he coughs and sucks in a few breaths of fresh air. Noticing a portion of his beard was smoking he quickly pats it and puts it out. It is then he notices Amelia outside taking and tending to the horses they just got out.

Cough, cough. Hey there Amelia. What brings you out here? Aside from the smoke.

All things aside, it is nice to see you again.

Glancing around he takes in Yaldiled's appearance. He figures he probably looks just as bad.

Thanks for the help Yaldiled. You okay?

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Manipulate:

Racial ability - Colossus Slayer: it target is hit by a weapon and is below maximum hit points it takes an additional 1d8 once per turn.

PC

Saara Renalish Yuan-Ti Paladin 4/Warlock 1YoungFemaleWhitePaladin5341.jpg.5bfd0b61ecd3feccc66e67cecfb6113a.jpg

AC: 19 (splint mail and shield) | HP: 43/43 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 10
Spell Slots: 1st 3/3, Pact 1/1 | Spell Attack: +7 (rod of the pact) | Spell DC: 15 (rod of the pact)
Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Divine Sense: 5/5 | Form of Dread: 3/3 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Saara shouted out when she saw Amelia.

"I've found you, little firebu..."

Her words died in her throat when Baldur, choking on ash, emerged from the stables and named her.

"Ah, a friend of yours then. Any reason to think she might be the one who did this?"

She gestured to the burning villa beside them, then moved to walk the horses further away from the flames.

Mechanics

Off Hand: Shield

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Manipulate:

AC: 13 (16 w/Mage Armour) | HP: 32/32 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13 | Spell Attack: +7 | Spell DC: 15 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Abilities: [Sorcerer Points: 5/5] | Metamagic (Transmute Spell / Empower Spell) | Magical Guideance | Active Effects: Mage Armour

Cantrips; Fire Bolt, Prestidigitation, Light, Mending, Mage Hand, Mind Sliver, Eldritch Blast

Level 1 [▣ ▣ ▣ ▢]

Level 2 [▣ ▣ ▣]
Scorching Ray, Shatter

Level 3 [▣ ▣ ▣]

"Don't worry too much. I''m not much into arson, specifically.."

Clearing her throat she hangs on to the horses to keep them steady "Its been awhile since i ran into Baldur last, it really must be fate, i just saw the flames and thought i should.. well perhaps do something. A little out of character maybe but here i am."

Mechanics

Yaldiled Gurvys Dragonborn Paladin 4/Bard 1

spacer.png

AC: 19 (Splint Mail, Shield) | HP: 23/38 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 14 | DM Inspiration: 1/1
Cantrips; Vicous Mockery, Minor Illusion, Spare the Dying, Guidance
Memorized Spells;
Level 1 | ▣ ▣ ▣ ▢ | Ensnaring Strike, Wrathful Smite, Bless, Command, Purify Food and Drink, Dissonant Whispers, Earth Tremor, Thunderwave, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Level 2 | ▣ ▢ |

Yaldiled coughed, hacking as she tried to clear the taste of ash and soot from her throat. "A little singed," she said. "It'll heal. I'm just glad the horses are out safely. I suppose the rest of this place is probably beyond saving. What a pity, any sign of what caused this is probably going to go with it."

Mechanics

Main Hand: +1 Warhammer

Bardic Inspiration 2/3

1st level spell slots 3/4

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move: Chase Raffolk 30'

Baldur

Baldur Stonebow Dwarf Ranger 5Baldur(3).jpg.a5cbe35aa8f560308a6e2bd9dfb1e0d6.jpg

AC: 15 (chain shirt) | HP: 43/49 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 

He pauses a second to go ahead and cast a healing spell on himself before they press on.

I suggest we string these horses together, get on our mounts and get out of here before whoever started this notices that we rescued the horses.

I don't think it is a coincidence that we were hired to bring this horse back only to get here and find the place burning down. Either someone has it out for us or they don't like our employer. Either way we need to get back as soon as we can.

He suits actions to words and uses a rope to lash all the horses together and then mounts up on his own. With his crossbow in his lap he realizes he forgot that Amelia does not have a horse.

You can ride on of these, just not the pretty one there. That is the one we were paid to come get. We can explain it more as we ride.

Once everyone one is ready and assuming no one argues to stick around for a bit, he will lead the way back to the city.

On the ride he fills Amelia in on the job as well as them trying to start their own adventuring group.

You would be a welcome addition if you had a mind to join us.

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Manipulate:

Racial ability - Colossus Slayer: it target is hit by a weapon and is below maximum hit points it takes an additional 1d8 once per turn.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Cure Wounds
1d8+2 7

PC

Ru'ath Firvanna Shadar-kai Rogue (Spy) 5image.png.86baeb98b59a566e6fec4d5c0ec59c06.png

AC: 15 (studded leather) | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 18 
Spells: Disguise Self 1/1, Invisibility 1/1 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 14
DM Inspiration: 1/1

The group are just about to leave when a slight, ashen coloured woman staggers from the smoke coming from the direction of the main house.

"Cough, cough...Amelia is that you? Wait, wait!" she calls out, waving at the mounted party. As she makes her way over, the group get a better look at her. She's clearly of elven heritage, but her grey colouring, which at first appeared to be ash from the fire, turns out to be the pale, almost translucent colour of her skin. She's dressed head to toe in black leather which matches the colour of her hair and surprisingly also matches her entirely black eyes.

Stopping in front of the horses, she bends over, coughing violently and holding up one finger to ask them to wait. When she's finally finished coughing, she stands up straight and sighs. "There was nothing I could do...it's all gone...devastated!"

She stops, realising that no-one but Amelia has any idea who she is. "My apologies...I should introduce myself. I am Ru...Ru'ath if truth be told. I've been travelling with Amelia here, and we saw the fire. Sadly it seems we were too late, though it's good to see you've rescued these poor horses."

Ru glances and nods at each of the group in turn before finally addressing the dwarf whose crossbow, though on his lap, has never pointed away from her. "I erm...I was on my way to the city...I don't suppose I could impose on you and join you on your journey?"

Mechanics

PC

Saara Renalish Yuan-Ti Paladin 4/Warlock 1YoungFemaleWhitePaladin5341.jpg.5bfd0b61ecd3feccc66e67cecfb6113a.jpg

AC: 19 (splint mail and shield) | HP: 43/43 | Initiative: +0 | Passive Perception: 10
Spell Slots: 1st 3/3, Pact 1/1 | Spell Attack: +7 (rod of the pact) | Spell DC: 15 (rod of the pact)
Lay on Hands: 20/20 | Divine Sense: 5/5 | Form of Dread: 3/3 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Saara was in agreement, already mounting up onto her steed. She looked about at the flames, and at the already destroyed estate, shaking her head.

"As much as I'd like to find whoever did this, I'm not willing to risk our steeds nor our prize to do so. We should leave immediately, and if the Lord wants us to hunt the villain who..."

For the second time in as manu moments, her words were interrupted by another newcomer. This time she nearly broke a Blood SealFaeryl Myrryn's borrowed power, sealed in blood upon Saara's flesh. at the sight of the Elf, the air about her shimmering with fell intent. At the last moment she muttered a curse in Sylvan instead, warding against evil that came in threes.

"There aren't any more of you, are there?"

She said, staring guardedly at the burned out building.

Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Manipulate:

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

Abilities: [Sorcerer Points: 5/5] | Metamagic (Transmute Spell / Empower Spell) | Magical Guideance | Active Effects: Mage Armour

Level 1 [▣ ▣ ▣ ▢]

Level 2 [▣ ▣ ▣]
Scorching Ray, Shatter

Level 3 [▣ ▣ ▣]

"Just the two of us, glad to say."

"But you're right, we should make ourselves scarce before anything else happens. Whoever did this, wouldn't be adverse to other shenanigans i thought think."

Mechanics

image.jpeg.6e2c0e136f0df5812ee99688a3dc909b.jpeg

Chapter 1 - Blood on the Crown Blood and Fire

As the group, accompanied by Miss Ivory, collected the horses from the stables, they readied themselves to depart swiftly. However, just as they were about to set out, Ru'ath heard a voice calling out from behind the house. Turning to locate the source, they saw apparently frantic elderly cook hurrying around the corner, gesturing wildly for them to wait.

The elderly cook, trembling with fear, emerged from her hiding place to recount the events that had unfolded. It took some time to soothe the old woman enough to make sense of her words. She informed the group that Countess Unper Maritayl, the proprietor of the Stud Farm, had come to the manor early this morning, flanked by three burly stablehands and three individuals shrouded in dark cloaks and hoods. Upon being welcomed inside by Lord Rumlyn, they launched an assault on the baron, abducting him, his father, the baroness, and their young child.

The elderly woman, tears streaming down her face, reveals her name as Jeagan and shares that she has served as Lord Rumlyn's cook for nearly fifteen years. Through her sobs, she describes overhearing a conversation about the impending sacrifice of the kidnapped victims at the Old Grinder, an abandoned windmill close by.

"Oh ye kind folks, blessings to you for saving me life! I’d be sittin’ in that barrel o’ fish until my bones rotted! Oh, Redeemer bless us! Ye have to help Master Rumlyn and his kin, before those monsters murder them!"

On This Selik (Wednesday), the 35th Day of Camua (Autumn), in the 631st Year of the Age of Kings
9:57 am

The 6th Day of the Campaign

Scene Notes: None

Show Active Maps

Currently Not in Use!!

Show Bookkeeping

PASSIVE PERCEPTION

Egg 17 | Baldur 15 | Kythera 14 | Yaldiled 13 | Saara 10

INITIATIVE

Not in Use!!

MECHANICS

Baldur
Takes 14 hit points of fire damage.
Has 35 of 49 hit points remaining.

Yaldiled
Takes 15 hit points of fire damage.
Has 23 of 38 hit points remaining.

CONDITIONS

Not in Use!!

DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

AMEILA KASSICAR

Hit Points: 35/49
Sorcery Points: 5/5 *L
Spell Slots (+7, DC 15) *L

• 2nd Level: 3/3
  • 3rd Level: 2/2

BALDUR STONEBOW

Hit Points: 32/32 (RESIST:poison; ADVSAVTYPE: poisoned)
Spell Slots (+5, DC 13) *L

KYTHERA SYRAS

Hit Points: 29/29

Arcane Recovery: 1/1 *L
Cloak of Darkness: 1/1 *S/L
Shadow Shield: 1/1 *S/L
Dissonant Whispers *1/1 L
Misty Step *1/1 L
Spell Slots Cleric (+4, DC 12), Wizard (+8, DC 16) *L

• 1st Level: 3/4
  • 2nd Level: 3/3
  • 3rd Level: 2/2

RU'ATH FIRVANNA

Hit Points: 28/28 (fey ancestry; RESIST: necrotic; uncanny dodge)

Blessings of the Raven Queen: 3/3 *L
Shadow Touched

• Invisibility: 1/1 *L
  • Disguise Self: 1/1 *L

SAARA RENALISH

Hit Points: 43/43 (IMMUNE: disease; RESIST: poison; MAGIC RESISTANCE)
Divine Sense: 5/5 *L
Form of Dread: 3/3 *L
Lay On Hands: 20/20 *L
Serpentine Spellcasting: 0/1 *L
Spell Slots Paladin (+6, DC 14), Warlock (+7, DC 15)

• 1st Level: 4/4 *L
  • Pact Slots (1st): 1/1 *S/L

YALDILED GURVYS

Hit Points: 23/38 (RESIST:cold; IMMUNE: disease)
Bardic Inspiration: 2/3 (d8) *L
Breath Weapon: 1/1 *S
Divine Sense: 4/4 *L
Lay on Hands: 20/20 *L
Spell Slots (+6, DC 14) *L

Baldur

AC: 15 (chain shirt) | HP: 43/49 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 15 

Baldur was just about to hand over one of the horses to Ru'ath, when they were called out to by someone coming from behind the house.

Of course. I knew it wouldn't be this easy. Well, since this mill is close by and the captives are friends of our client, I guess we should go rescue him. We still have two days to get back. Hopefully this little detour won't take too long.

He gets a better description of where the mill is and then, again, unless someone has a problem with his choice, he will lead the way to the mill.

Normally I would say we recon the area before rushing in, but as it appears the arsonists were going to kill their captives, I think we should just charge in and try to catch them off guard.

He glances around to see if the others agree or not.

Mechanics

Main Hand:
Off Hand: 

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Manipulate:

PC

Ru'ath Firvanna Shadar-kai Rogue (Spy) 5image.png.86baeb98b59a566e6fec4d5c0ec59c06.png

AC: 15 (studded leather) | HP: 28/28 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 18 
Spells: Disguise Self 1/1, Invisibility 1/1 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 14
DM Inspiration: 1/1

Ru's nose wrinkles slightly at the smell of fish from the cook, but she is grateful to see that the cook has survived.

For a brief while, as she rushed around in the smoke and flames, Ru had felt something akin to fear. As always, she was grateful to feel anything at all, but the rush of adrenaline hadn't lasted long.

Now, as the cook explains that innocent people are to be sacrificed, she feels a similar flutter. The idea of rushing to the rescue makes her heart beat that little bit faster.

A slight smile plays across her lips as she listens to the dwarf, Baldur. "Rushing in sounds exciting, but I've a little trick that might help us scout the place quickly...I can turn myself invisible. We can still rush in, but at least we'll have an idea about what we're rushing into!"

Mechanics

PC

Saara didn't hiss at the mention of glamour and sorcery, though her suspicions had been raised. Baldur might have vouched for the newcomer, but Saara was born, bred, and trained as a Magehunter. The smile alone would have been enough to draw her suspicion, and she found herself almost aching for the woman to try and betray them. She'd see how far her veils got her then. She needed to focus, there was more at stake than personal vendettas or betrayals that hadn't even happened yet.

"We were hired to retrieve Miss Ivory..."

She did notCharacter Ideal: A deal is a deal, and I would never break one. break her bargains, once made. Yet how kindly would Lord Cyne Monder consider them if they allowed a man he had called his "good friend" to meet such a grisly fate? If they were not too late, of course.

"... by the Fade, let's go save Lord Rumlyn then. Baldur speaks the truth, there is no time for veiled scouting, we ride!"

She was already mounted on her own steed, and barely waited for the others before she took off.

Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Manipulate:

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

Level 1 [▣ ▣ ▣ ▢]

Level 2 [▣ ▣ ▣]
Scorching Ray, Shatter

Level 3 [▣ ▣ ▣]

"I'm happy to lend a hand for such a worthy cause. Who would i be to just leave someone in such a spot.."

Mechanics