Chapter 1:01. The Dawning

hoverfrog

image.png.6f5b87c4e7cf20991e4338a119d9a488.png

Ardis, Ardeal, Ustalev

image.png.4b14e69ccb6e216f9923e3420e2730e3.png

Your old friend, your mentor, your advocate, your creator, Ekul Ghossalm, is old now. He was something else when you knew him. He has raised your old bones back to a semblance of life and geased you to treat the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye as your masters, to obey their edicts, and to do no harm to them. He has implored you, for the sake of your soul, to mend your ways.

Will you do so? Time will tell.

After bringing you back to unlife he addresses you, each in turn, but with the same message, "I have the power to return you to life. Fully and completely. I will only do so if and when you have moved beyond the evil that controlled your life. Until then, you are a tool to be used to fight evil. I hope that, in time, you understand this and even agree that it was a necessary step."

"My magic does not control your actions but it does limit you from harming me or the order. In your current state there are things you can do that traditional agents would not be able to. I have a mission for you."

Later you are brought to a large, austere chamber and introduced to one another. After you have a few minutes to get to know one another Ekul interrupts and bids you be silent. He motions to a figure standing in darkness, "This is Aliester Randragoe. He will provide details for you."

f4188fe8f66370ced367e2c480d0f07e.pngAliester Randragoe is very clearly a vampire. Skin untouched by daylight for decades, bloodless as a starving leech, but with bearing and nobility that only come with great age. He steps into the weak light of the cell you are in and offers a small bow, not much more than a nod of his head but with a suggestion of respect, "My son has been stolen from me. The thieves, the kidnappers, the scum who have taken him, are known to me."

"Danior was born of a mortal woman, my wife. Olivia is distraught. They demand my cooperation as ransom. I would sweep them up and destroy them but I am warded again entry through powerful magic. I must...rely upon others to save him." The idea seems distasteful to the vampire, a necessary evil.

"There is a tower, here in Ardis, tainted by necromancy," the irony does not appear lost on Aliester, "As a half vampire, Danior can survive there where mortals cannot. You can survive there. Enter the tower, save my son, kill all who oppose you."

Ekul is quick to interject at this point, "Killing may be necessary but it is not a requirement of your task. Primarily we are concerned for Danior's recovery."

"I'm sure you have questions. Please, I will do my best to answer." No explanation has been offered as to why this half vampire has been kidnapped. No explanation has been offered regarding who took him. No explanation has been offered as to what they want with Aliester or who he is.

There are many things left unsaid.

OOC Scene Notes

There is currently no map
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Loreli Certes Gin Sling Sal

Krot Razvan Umbra

Cyntheria Mr Mud

NON-PLAYER CHARACTER STATUS

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

Show Active Map

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

spacer.pngGin Sling Sal

Character Sheet

Gin Sling Sal
Human (Versatile) • Scion of Slayers • Wizard 2
Medium • Neutral (now) • Traits

Abilities
Strength 10 (+0) • Dexterity 18 (+4) • Constitution 12 (+1) • Intelligence 18 (+4) • Wisdom 12 (+1) • Charisma 10 (+0)

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Perception +5 • Trained 4 • Wis 1 • Item 0 • Senses Darkvision
Speed 30'
Class DC 18 • Trained 4 • Base 10 • Int 4 • Item 0

Armor and Shields
AC 19 • Trained 4 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Mage Armor Spell 1 • Item 0
• Trained: Unarmoured Shield • No shield

Saving Throws 
Fortitude +5 • Trained 4 • Con 1 • Item 0 Reflex +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 Will +7 • Expert 6 • Wis 1 • Item 0

Weapon Proficiencies
Dagger +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4 • Notes

Skills
Acrobatics +8 • Trained +4 • Dex 4 • Item 0
Arcana +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Athletics +4 • Trained +4 • Str 0 • Item 0 • Armor -0
Crafting +0 • Untrained 0 • Int 4 • Item 0
Deception +0 • Untrained 0 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Diplomacy +4 • Trained +4 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Intimidation +0 • Untrained 0 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Lore: Undead +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Medicine +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Nature +5 • Trained +4 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Occultism +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Performance +0 • Untrained 0 • Cha 0 • Item 0
Religion +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Society +8 • Trained +4 • Int 4 • Item 0
Stealth +8 • Trained +4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Armor -0
Survival +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis 1 • Item 0
Thievery +4 • Untrained 0 • Dex 4 • Item 0

Languages: Common, Elven, Necril, Varisian, Skald, Orcish, Goblin

Abilities
Consume Flesh (manipulate)  Requirements • You are adjacent to the corpse of a Small or larger creature that died in the last hour Effect • You devour a chunk of the corpse. You become satiated for 1 hour.

Feats

General Feats

Half Elf Heritage Feat • General Feat • Fleet

Wizard Feats

Wizard Feat • Familiar • Wizard Feat • Widen Spell (1 action) Wizard Feat • Arcane Bond Wizard Feat • Arcane School • Universalist Wizard Feat •  Arcane Thesis • Improved Familiar Attunement Wizard Feat • Drain Bonded Item 1 Action Wizard Feat • Spellbook

Ghoul Feats

Necril  You know the Necril language. Undead Vision   You gain darkvision. Negative Healing  You are damaged by positive damage and aren't healed by positive healing effects. You don't take negative damage and are healed by negative effects that heal undead. Negative Survival  Unlike normal undead, you aren't destroyed when reduced to 0 HP. Instead, powerful negative energy tries to keep you from being destroyed. You are knocked out and begin dying when reduced to 0 HP. As you're undead, many methods of bringing someone back from dying, such as stabilize, don't benefit you. When you would die, you're destroyed rather than dead, just like other undead. Immunity to Death Effects  You're immune to death effects. This keeps you from being automatically killed or from having your dying value automatically increase, but it doesn't make you immune to other parts of the spell or effect. For example, you can still take mental damage and become frightened by a phantasmal killer, you just don't instantly die from it. Disease and Poison Protection  You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.
Undead Hunger  While you don't eat or drink the same food as humanoids do. You have a ghoul's hunger for humanoid flesh. While you don't sleep, you enter a state of quiescence for at least 4 hours a day to recuperate, which lets your undead flesh reknit and recover naturally.

Spells & Powers
Spell Attack +7 • Untrained 3 • Int 4
Spell DC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Int 4
Focus Points 0/0
Spells/Day: 0: 5 • 1st: 3

Prepared Spells
Spell 0 — Electric Arc, Shield, Detect Magic, Message, Protect Companion
Spell 1st Color Spray, Magic Weapon, Mage Armor

Innate Spells

Spell 0 • Disrupt Undead

Owl Familiar "Deathclaw" "DeeCee"

Abilities Flier • Fast Movement • • Darkvision • Speech • Independent  Skills Acrobatics+8 Stealth +12 Perception +8 (Darkvision) Move 40' Flight AC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Trained: Unarmored HP 10/10 • Fortitude +5 • Trained 4 • Con 1 • Item 0 • Reflex +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Will +6 • Expert 6 • Wis 0 • Item 0

Inventory
Money: 15 GP
Bulk 0/0 • Enc 0 (5 + Str 0) • Max 10 (10 + Str 0)

Adventurer's Pack • Bulk 2 • Backpack, bedroll, belt pouch (2), chalk (10), flint and steel, rope (50 ft.), rations (14), soap, torches (5), waterskin

Clothing (Winter) Bulk L • Notes

Writing Set • Bulk 0 • Notes

Spellbook (Blank) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Potion of Expeditious Retreat • Bulk 0 • The stopper for a potion of expeditious retreat is crafted to easily snap open in dire circumstances. When you drink this potion, you become fleeing for 1 minute, and you gain a +40-foot status bonus to all your Speeds for the duration as long as you are fleeing. You immediately Stride. Activate action_single.png?v=dm-1 Interact
The stopper for a potion of expeditious retreat is crafted to easily snap open in dire circumstances. When you drink this potion, you become fleeing for 1 minute, and you gain a +40-foot status bonus to all your Speeds for the duration as long as you are fleeing. You immediately Stride.

Flint and Steel • Bulk - • Notes 

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes

Magic

Eye Slash Tattoo: Small scars or marks around your eye improve your distant vision. These scars are especially common among orc scouts, who favor scars shaped like eagle talons. You can see four times farther than normal. If you have darkvision, you can see blood in color. Higher-level versions of an eye slash are larger and more elaborate scars or marks, radiating out around the eye.

Sal, emaciated and wrinkled to hell and back, remains curious as ever, even more than usual in the current juncture, mostly in a bid to get her bearings in a confounding turn of events. So, she listens intently, mouth jammed tight shut, as the boundaries of her new world are laid out for her.

So, I'm a slave, well more of a convict really, the walls and bars of my prison, magical not physical, but there nonetheless. Gods I'm hungry., she thinks to herself, noting that she couldn't taste anything. Truth be told she'd woken up more than once with mouth that begged the question.. What in God's name did I eat last night? For the moment, Ekul had never looked more delicious, finger licking good actually, not an idea she had ever entertained in life. She would've shivered at the thought, but shivering was another thing that wasn't working.

She moves her hand, or rather tries to, but Ekul was clearly telling the truth, she couldn't move to hurt him, so eating him was probably out of bounds as well. She brought her hands up to look at them, not to claw Ekul's throat out this time, so this time it worked. She looked around for a mirror, and to her utter lack of surprise didn't find one. 'Mirrors are the playthings of men's vanity', or so a vampire would say., she mused, amused.

So, Ekul's trying to play the nice guy, the nice guy that's best friends with someone's who has 'consumed' thousands of people. Age had clearly taken his mind, as well as his youth. She regards the vampire. She imagined he was minted, rich as a king. All in all, it could've been worse, much worse. She could be on all fours as some demon's couch, still in the Boneyard.

So, Warded against entry by powerful magic, as in when you asked 'may I come in?', they said no. She almost sniggered at this, but imagined royally pissing off one's powerful patron was an express ride to being a demon's sofa. She spares a moment to look at the others, but right now was question time. I'm in Ardis, the former capital of Ustalav.

Clearing her throat, still quite unable to taste anything, she begins.. "Is there a deadline, ransoms often include one?", she asks, immediately aware that her voice, previously on the lower end of the female range, had dropped another octave. "If your.. ahem.. Grace is being denied entry, then you know where he's being held. Where would that be?", she continues, before concluding with.. "Would the boy be poisoned or affected in some way that would preclude his rescue? If the possibility exists we'd need to take some kind of antitoxin with us."

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Razvan Umbra Vampiric Fetchling Fighter (2) spacer.png

HP: 32/32 AC: 19 (leather) | Speed: 25' | Darkvision

Perception (E): +7  Initiative: +7 | Fort (E): +8 | Ref (E): +10| Will (T): +5 

| SkillsTrained:
Acrobatics (+8); Athletics (+6); Deception (+5); Intimidation (+5); Lore/warfare (+4); Stealth (+8); Thievery (+8)

Untrained:
Acrana (+0); Crafting (+0); Diplomacy (+1); Medicine (+1); Nature (+1); Occultism (+0); Performance (+1); Religion (+1); Society (+0); Survival (+1)
 | AttributesSTR +2
DEX +4
CON +2
INT +0
WIS +1
CHA +1
 | AttacksUnarmed:

Fist +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Dex +4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 B • Agile; Finesse; Nonlethal; Unarmed
Fangs +8/+3/-2 • Expert +6 • Str +2 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Brawling; Grapple; Unarmed

Melee:

Dagger +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Thown (10'); Versatile S
Light mace +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Damage 1d4+2 B • agile; finesse; shove
Short sword +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Versatile S

Ranged:

Composite shortbow +10/+5/+0 • Expert +6 • 1d6+1 (1d6+3 w/in 60' PBS feat) • Deadly d10, propulsive (+ STR/2 damage), 60' range.
 |

"... kill all who oppose you."

"Killing may be necessary but it is not a requirement of your task."

Kill? Or destroy? Razvan wondered or, had he spoken aloud?

===========================

His mind was still grappling with the onslaught of change: in what seemed to be a mere matter of moments, he had faced a dire judgement in the Boneyard - confronted with the grim reality that tore apart the delusions and rationalizations behind which so many evil men hid their fears; the short, but poignant ethereal dialogue with Ekul who had laid out what little choice he, Razvan Umbra, had in the matter; and then, the sudden conscious awareness of himself, embodied as he now was. Razvan's contrition was real, if imperfect; he was a scared man ... or scared creature rather.

It was his body ... or a recreation of it ... but transformed by the necromantic powers that Ekul had imposed. His natural Fetchling grey and pale coloration had taken on a sort of luster, at least what he might make out from looking at his hands and pulling forward strands of his long hair. His nails had lengthened and hardened: his tongue felt the sharp and enhanced incisors; and whilst he had enjoyed in life what humans termed 'darkvision' by virtue of his Fetchling ancestry, somehow his vision seemed more acute and focused and, had he asked, he might have been told that his blue-grey aniridic eyes now appeared to seethe from within.

He was also aware of a thirst. But not the thirst of a living man: no, this was a thirst for the blood of the living. His keen eyesight could see the throb of the carotid artery in Ekul's neck - perhaps even the flow of the blood within fibrous veins beneath the skin. He desired that blood ... but he was held fixed even as his will tried to drive him forward towards that warm font. It appeared that at least some of Ekul's claims were true.

He knew himself a vampire, a blood drinker ... that knowledge somehow infused and aware, no doubt a residual of Ekul's spells. No one of any learning in Nidal or Ustalav had not some reckoning of the undead and their types. Now, though, separating truth from myth from false superstition would be a matter of life or death. Here, he laughed sardonically at himself: unlife or destruction more like it, he thought. Was it daytime or night? To what place would he retire at dawn? So many questions with no immediate answers.

To complicate matters, there were others. Oddly enough, each seemed unique and this raised interesting questions as to what measure chance and Ekul's will played in this scheme. A massive and tall mummified ... orc? a somewhat translucent figure of a girl holdingIf this isn't an accurate description, I can edit. I more or less went with the character image/description from the application. a porcelain doll ... no, a poppet; a small masked being, heavily clothed, the extensive coverings veiling both what they might have been in life and were now, in unlife; an elf, perhaps, but the gaunt features and green-grey skin, sharp nails and teeth suggested a ghoul, so surely this one had some human ancestry to be susceptible to such a transformation. Razvan considered whether, for these others as was the case with himself, there was a connection in the past to the Whispering Way?

=======================

Old habits would not die quickly: Razvan listened to Ekul's and Aliester's oblique and obscure explanations wondering how he might use this situation to bolster his position. Perhaps not so much at other's expense, as once would have been a de rigueur consideration - how many years ago now? - but he was vulnerable in this new state, very much so, and any advantage towards self-preservation was not to be missed.

When it came to him to speak, it took an enormous effort of will not to shout out: how am I to feed? where am I to rest during daylight? what is it to be a vampire? 'Cooperation as ransom' to what end? Are those who hold this tower, 'tainted by necromancy,' living or undead themselves? An endless barrage of questions remained unspoken. Instead:

Have those who have captured Danior family or loved ones elsewhere in the city or surrounds? Perhaps an exchange as a counter-ransom scheme? Or, looking to Ekul, are those who hold this tower a perennial threat to you and the Order such that their death ... or destruction, should I say, be effectively obligatory?

As time passed, the blood hunger grew.

OOC

If any of the pithy character descriptions here from Razvan's POV do not align what the Player envisions, please advise and I shall edit.

ACTIONS

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Character Sheet

Razvan Umbra
Vampiric Fetchling • Martial Disciple • Fighter 2
Medium • CN • Speed 25 • Darkvision

Primary Role: ranged combat & stealth Secondary Roles: melee combat; intimidation & thievery.

Abilities
Strength 14 (+2) • Dexterity 18 (+4) • Constitution 14 (+2) • Intelligence 10 (+0) • Wisdom 12 (+1) • Charisma 12 (+1)

Boosts
• Ancestry: +DEX +STR
• Background: +DEX +CON
• Class: +DEX
• Free:+STR; +DEX; +CON; +CHA

• LVL 2: +WIS

Adventuring & Combat
HP 32/32
Perception +7 • Expert+6 • Wis +1 • Item 0 • Senses: Darkvision (Ancestry Feature) Link
Speed 25'
Class DC 18 • Trained +4 • Base 10 • DEX +4 • Item 0

Armor and Shields
AC 21/19  Trained +4 • Base 10 • Dex +4 • If shield raised
Leather armor (+1)

Saving Throws 
 Fortitude +8 • Expert +6 • Con +2 • Item 0
 Reflex +10 • Expert +6 • Dex +4 • Item 0
 Will +5 • Trained +4 • Wis +1 • Item 0

Disease and Poison Protection: You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.

Weapon Proficiencies
 Expert in simple weapons; unarmed attacks; martial weapons.

Trained in advanced weapons

• Trained in Unarmored Defense and all armors

Weapon +0 • Untrained 0 • Str 0 • Item 0 • Damage 1d0 • Notes

Unarmed:

• Fist +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Dex +4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 B • Agile; Finesse; Nonlethal; Unarmed
  • Fangs +8/+3/-2 • Expert +6 • Str +2 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Brawling; Grapple; Unarmed

Melee:

• Dagger +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Thown (10'); Versatile S
  • Light mace +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Damage 1d4+2 B • agile; finesse; shove
  • Short sword +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Versatile S

Ranged:

• Composite shortbow +10/+5/+0 • Expert +6 • 1d6+1 (1d6+3 w/in 60' PBS feat) • Deadly d10, propulsive (+ STR/2 damage), 60' range.
  • 20 arrows (0.20; 2x L)

Background: Martial Disciple (Acrobatics)

• Trained in Acrobatics and Warfare Lore
  • Cat Fall skill feat (see below)

Skills
♦ Acrobatics +8 • Trained +4 • Dex +4 • Item 0 (Martial Disciple Background Skill)
Arcana +0 • Untrained 0 • Int +0 • Item 0
♦ Athletics +6 • Trained +4 • Str +2 • Item 0 • Armor -0 (Class Feat)
Crafting +0 • Untrained 0 • Int +0 • Item 0
♦ Deception +5 • Trained +4 • Cha +1 • Item 0 (Shrouded Mein Ancestry Feat)
Diplomacy +1 • Untrained 0 • Cha +1 • Item 0
♦ Intimidation +5 • Trained +4 • Cha +1 • Item 0 (Class Free Skill)
♦ Lore: Warfare +4  Trained +4 • Int +0 • Item 0 (Martial Disciple Background Skill)
Medicine +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
Nature +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
Occultism +0 • Unrained +0 • Int +0 • Item 0
Performance +1 • Untrained 0 • Cha +1 • Item 0
Religion +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
Society +0 • Untrained 0 • Int +0 • Item 0
♦ Stealth +8  Trained +4 • Dex +4 • Item 0 • Armor -0 (Class Free Skill)
Survival +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
♦ Thievery +8 • Trained +4 • Dex +4 • Item 0 (Class Free Skill)

Languages: Common; Necril; Shadowtongue

Abilities
Ability • Type 0 • Notes

Fetchling (Liminal) Features: Fetchling

• Shadowtongue Link
  • Darkvision Link
  • Liminal Heritage Link You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to locate undetected creatures within 60 feet when using the Seek action. Your flat check to target concealed creatures is DC 3 instead of DC 5, and your flat check to target undetected creatures is DC 9 instead of DC 11.

Vampire Features: Vampire Dedication

• Fangs Unarmed Attack
  • Revulsion to garlic or holy symbol of a Good Deity
  • Weakness to Sunlight slowed 1 =>
  • Drink Blood Action image.png.b0e0fa74d22549d8fb8d0d7bdae53f67.png
  • Basic Undead Benefits (below)

Basic Undead Benefits : Link

• Necril: You know the Necril language.
  • Undead Vision: You gain low-light vision, or you gain darkvision if your ancestry already has low-light vision.
  • Negative Healing: You are damaged by positive damage and aren't healed by positive healing effects. You don't take negative damage and are healed by negative effects that heal undead.
  • Negative Survival: Unlike normal undead, you aren't destroyed when reduced to 0 Hit Points. Instead, powerful negative energy attempts to keep you from being destroyed even in dire straits. You are knocked out and begin dying when reduced to 0 Hit Points. Because you're undead, many methods of bringing someone back from dying, such as stabilize, don't benefit you. When you would die, you're destroyed rather than dead, just like other undead.
  • Immunity to Death Effects: You're immune to death effects. This keeps you from being automatically killed or from having your dying value automatically increase, but it doesn't make you immune to other parts of the spell or effect. For example, you can still take mental damage and become frightened by a phantasmal killer, you just don't instantly die from it.
  • Disease and Poison Protection: You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png

Feats

Ancestry Feats

• Shrouded Mien Link  => Lengthy Diversion

Skill Feats

• Lengthy Diversion (<= Shrouded Mien Ancestry feat) Link
  • Cat Fall (background) Link
  • Intimidating Glare (2nd level skill feat) Link

Class Feats

• Attack of Opportunity (Class Feature) image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png Link
  • Shield Block (Class Feature) image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png Link
  • Point-Blank Shot (1st) image.png.b0e0fa74d22549d8fb8d0d7bdae53f67.png Link
  • Double Slice (2nd) image.png.a446c2a0c3a4006b86f579933d863d35.png Link (changed from Assisting Shot to provide a sans shield melee option)

Spells & Powers
Spell Attack Bonus +0 • Untrained +0 •
Spell DC  N/A
Focus Points  N/A
Spells/Day: 

image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png image.png.b0e0fa74d22549d8fb8d0d7bdae53f67.png image.png.a446c2a0c3a4006b86f579933d863d35.png image.png.35681396d13597992e50b9603b1fcfe7.png

Inventory 
Money: 1.37 (see purse below)
Bulk 0/0 • Enc 7 (5 + Str 2) • Max 12 (10 + Str 2)

Armor & Shield:

• Leather Armor (2.00; 1) +1/+4 (AC Bonus/ Dex Cap)

Weapons:

• Daggers x2 (0.40; L) agile; finesse; thrown 10'; versatile S (paid double for semi-matched pair; no game mechanical effect, just fluff)
  • Light mace (0.40; 1) agile; finesse; shove
  • Shortsword (0.90; L) agile; finesse; versatile S.
  • Composite shortbow (14.0; 1) Deadly d10, propulsive 1d6P 60' range
  • 20 arrows (0.20; 2x L) in quiver

Adventurer's Pack (0.70; 1 (bulk errata'd 2 => 1)):

Backpack (from Adventurer's Pack):

• Bedroll
  • Flint & Steel
  • Rope (50')
  • Torch (x5)
  • Chalk (x10)
  • Sacks x5 (empty; 0.01; L)
  • Folding shovel/short tool* (0.40; L) *might need to dig a resting place after all!
  • Crowbar (0.50; L) *also for potential use in securing a resting place in addition to accessing other creaky places.

Beltpouch #1

• Purse (1.37 gp: g/s/c = -/13/7)
  • mirror (1.00; -)
  • signal whistle (0.08; -)
  • tindertwigs (x10; 0.20; -)

Beltpouch #2

• writing kit (1.00; L)

Bandolier (0.10; -) carry up to x8 L items

• x2 Smokestick-Lesser (3.00; L)
  • Caltrops (0.30; L)

Total Carried: 12L = 1.2 bulk; + 4 bulk items = 5.2 bulk. Encumbrance: 7

Appearance

As a Vampiric (undead) Fetchling:

Height: 6'1" (186 cm)

Weight: 151# (68.5 kg)

Eyes: pupilless, a blue grey color that is brightest in the center and darkens gradually towards the edges, but now have a sort of seething incandescent quality as lighter, brighter spots continually rise to the surface and dim.

Fangs (brawling, grapple). Nails hard and sharp, but with no game mechanical feature.

Hair: color unchanged, but now has a sense of weak luminescence about it.

Complexion: pale marble-like white. Lips have a shade similar to eyes except after blood feeding, when a more purple luster is observed.

Shadow: as a vampire, none; nor does Razvan cast a reflection in a mirror.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

spacer.pngGin Sling Sal

Character Sheet

Gin Sling Sal

Abilities
Strength 10 (+0) • Dexterity 18 (+4) • Constitution 12 (+1) • Intelligence 18 (+4) • Wisdom 12 (+1) • Charisma 10 (+0)

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Speed 30'

Armor and Shields

Saving Throws 
Fortitude +5 • Trained 4 • Con 1 • Item 0 Reflex +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 Will +7 • Expert 6 • Wis 1 • Item 0

Weapon Proficiencies

Skills

Abilities
Consume Flesh (manipulate)  Requirements • You are adjacent to the corpse of a Small or larger creature that died in the last hour Effect • You devour a chunk of the corpse. You become satiated for 1 hour.

Feats

General Feats

Wizard Feats

Wizard Feat • Familiar • Wizard Feat • Widen Spell (1 action) Wizard Feat • Arcane Bond Wizard Feat • Arcane School • Universalist Wizard Feat •  Arcane Thesis • Improved Familiar Attunement Wizard Feat • Drain Bonded Item 1 Action Wizard Feat • Spellbook

Ghoul Feats

Necril  You know the Necril language. Undead Vision   You gain darkvision. Negative Healing  You are damaged by positive damage and aren't healed by positive healing effects. You don't take negative damage and are healed by negative effects that heal undead. Negative Survival  Unlike normal undead, you aren't destroyed when reduced to 0 HP. Instead, powerful negative energy tries to keep you from being destroyed. You are knocked out and begin dying when reduced to 0 HP. As you're undead, many methods of bringing someone back from dying, such as stabilize, don't benefit you. When you would die, you're destroyed rather than dead, just like other undead. Immunity to Death Effects  You're immune to death effects. This keeps you from being automatically killed or from having your dying value automatically increase, but it doesn't make you immune to other parts of the spell or effect. For example, you can still take mental damage and become frightened by a phantasmal killer, you just don't instantly die from it. Disease and Poison Protection  You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.
Undead Hunger  While you don't eat or drink the same food as humanoids do. You have a ghoul's hunger for humanoid flesh. While you don't sleep, you enter a state of quiescence for at least 4 hours a day to recuperate, which lets your undead flesh reknit and recover naturally.

Spells & Powers
Focus Points 0/0

Prepared Spells

Innate Spells

Spell 0 • Disrupt Undead

Abilities Flier • Fast Movement • • Darkvision • Speech • Independent  Skills Acrobatics+8 Stealth +12 Perception +8 (Darkvision) Move 40' Flight AC 17 • Trained 3 • Base 10 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Trained: Unarmored HP 10/10 • Fortitude +5 • Trained 4 • Con 1 • Item 0 • Reflex +8 • Trained 4 • Dex 4 • Item 0 • Will +6 • Expert 6 • Wis 0 • Item 0

Inventory

Adventurer's Pack • Bulk 2 • Backpack, bedroll, belt pouch (2), chalk (10), flint and steel, rope (50 ft.), rations (14), soap, torches (5), waterskin

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Potion of Expeditious Retreat • Bulk 0 • The stopper for a potion of expeditious retreat is crafted to easily snap open in dire circumstances. When you drink this potion, you become fleeing for 1 minute, and you gain a +40-foot status bonus to all your Speeds for the duration as long as you are fleeing. You immediately Stride. Activate action_single.png?v=dm-1 Interact
The stopper for a potion of expeditious retreat is crafted to easily snap open in dire circumstances. When you drink this potion, you become fleeing for 1 minute, and you gain a +40-foot status bonus to all your Speeds for the duration as long as you are fleeing. You immediately Stride.

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes

Magic

Eye Slash Tattoo: Small scars or marks around your eye improve your distant vision. These scars are especially common among orc scouts, who favor scars shaped like eagle talons. You can see four times farther than normal. If you have darkvision, you can see blood in color. Higher-level versions of an eye slash are larger and more elaborate scars or marks, radiating out around the eye.

Sal, listening closely, was aware that wiping the floor with their enemies wasn't off the table, or the menu for that matter. Seriously, you don't eat off the floor if you have standards. The vampire beside her hadn't worked out a coherent first sentence, but she could forgive him this. He was likely in dire need of a stiff drink, though as she recalled this could not be from a stiff. If a victim was going to serve as such they would really need to put their heart and soul into it, since vampires didn't eat the dead, they drank the living. She could empathise, as she was in dire need of a bite to eat, well several bites and doubtless a doggy bag if she was being honest. She hoped she would be able to contain her hunger as the dead were notoriously difficult to interrogate.

spacer.pngKrott | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +4
Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemy
| Conditions: None | Effects: N/A

The tall orc stretches out to the limits afforded by the cell, his bones creaking audibly at the strain. Careful not to overextend his dessicated skin, Krott measures the man he had once considered a valuable acquaintance, possibly the closest thing he had come to making a friend. However, friendship is not easy to come by for someone in the business of spycraft and assassination as there are few in whom that person can trust. Paranoia and mistrust are just as valuable for survival in that world.

He carries himself in a peculiar fashion for an orc. Most tend to hunch over and scowling is common, but this one possesses an almost erudite demeanor, shrewd and discerning, as though taking the measure of each person he encounters. That said, he does not seem the most perceptive, as his attention seems to wander easily.

When Ekul had reanimated him and described the service he was now under, the orc seemed almost relieved, like a weight had been taken from his shoulders. That was, of course, after he displayed a startled reaction to suddenly being surrounded by others in a strange place, as though he had already been in the middle of being attacked before awakening. There had been some more explanations, including from the Orc. He told Ekul, without care that the others could overhear, that he had become stuck as he was, before the reanimation as an undead even, and had taken to shortening his name to Krott as it suited him more among orcs than 'Kharut' would. Furthermore, his memory remains hazy as part of the reanimation, and he was separated from his most valuable alchemical formulae tomes. All he had on him when dumped unceremoniously in the mountains was little more than a primer and some odds and ends, which thankfully weathered the years better than he had.

Present before the vampire now, Krott bears the hardened, scarred visage of an orc forged in battle, well-muscled and athletic despite the withering of the natural mummification he had undergone. His hair is gray, no doubt part of the premature aging inherent in becoming this sort of undead, though he does not seem especially wrinkled. If anything, besides the color of his hair, he looks closer to middle age, which is rare enough among orcs.

"My lord, You say that the kidnappers are known to you. Who are they, and what grudge do they bear against you? Beyond that, what have they asked of you? If they meant only to send a message, they would have tried to kill you or your family, rather than stealing your son away; that means they want something. Did they leave a note which proved to you their identity, or was this a reaction to some other action for which you were expecting reciprocity?"

The orc's voice is like gravel being ground in pestle, but his words are spoken with more than a hint of an accentOsiriani, for those familiar with it., as though neither Taldane common nor Orcish were his first languages.

OOC & Actions

I'd like to roll a Society check to see if I recall any knowledge about Aliester as a noble, rather than as a vampire. Given the circles Krott operated in during his former life, he picked up a lot of useful information about many wealthy individuals in many nations, though his memory is certainly spotty (as though dropping several experience levels...) so he won't remember everything he once knew.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)
Name
Recall Knowledge (Society)
1d20+8 14

DESCRIPTION She wears simple clothing that an innkeeper or server in such a place might but in a more layered fashion. Her padded armor actually gives her more mass beneath her clothing and makes her appear to have actual flesh on her bones despite that simply not being true. Functional and with numerous small concealed folds that serve as hidden pockets her priority is more about not standing out in the crowd. She does keep her body wrapped and within her armor to conceal her skeletal self hidden and then wears her clothing over those, always keeping her porcelain mask in place and hood pulled up in settlements.| APPLICATION | SHEETspacer.pngLoreli Certes
Female, Neutral Evil, Skeleton (Compact - Goblin), Kineticist 2

AC: 18 HP: 30/30 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+3/+4/+1/+2/+0 F/R/W: +10/+9/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +6
Trained: Acrobatics +7, Athletics +4, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Lore: Politics +5, Nature +6, Society +5, Stealth +7, Thievery +7
Untrained: Arcana +1, Crafting +1, Intimidation +0, Medicine +2, Occultism +1, Performance +0, Religion +2, Survival +2

She remained silent, taking it all in without drawing attention to herself. The Boneyard had been dull more than anything, just a simple waystation without anything of interest. Nothing to do and truly not intended for spirits to remain in the lack of anything all but drove Loreli mad during her time there. She'd been sent back somehow, more than once, to find herself floating beneath the waters, staring up at the surface of the water above her and the sky above that. They were brief moments and all that kept her from a complete mental breakdown. Each time she had returned once again to the Boneyard and once again waited.

The last time she'd returned, finally, everything had been different. She'd been more appreciative of her return that she could ever express and if the price of her return was needing to provide assistance to some ancient vampire and this Order of the Palatine Eye she would most certainly do so. Its not as if she hadn't spent most of her life working for others, following their orders, working towards their goals, and really not pursuing her own. At least not in the grand perspective of things. It didn't bother her one way or another if it was in the name of good or evil, not to her at least. The only thing that she really cared about was being free once again, and back of course.

Hanging back in the shadows and always positioning herself as indirectly as she could she still spoke up loudly enough that she could be heard, her voice a dead, hollow, muted sound. "As the location is known, is there a floorplan for the place as well?" Perhaps it was presumptuous of her to think such a thing but if it was indeed a tower in the town, a known building, then in fact it didn't seem so far fetched. It would enable them to make a more thorough and accurate plan. Planning was always a good idea in any circumstance although she knew that flexibility when a plan failed was equally important. Always knowing where the exits were was the most important aspect of any plan in her opinion.

OoC

Summary: ---

Reaction: ---
Action 1: ---
Action 2: ---
Action 3: ---

Impulse (Attack +8 / DC 18):
Elemental Blast (Air) (+8; 1d6; 60', electricity or slashing)
Weapon of X (Weapon Infusion: Melee Weapon) +8 • Damage 1d6 bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing • One of: agile, backswing, forceful, reach, or sweep
Bow of the Zephyr Winds (Weapon Infusion: Short Bow) +8 • Damage 1d6 piercing • 50' range increment, propulsive
Bow of the Mountain Gale (Weapon Infusion: Long Bow) +8 • Damage 1d6 piercing • 100' range increment, volley

spacer.pngGin Sling Sal

Character Sheet

Gin Sling Sal

Abilities

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Speed 30'

Armor and Shields

Saving Throws 

Weapon Proficiencies

Skills

Abilities

Feats

General Feats

Wizard Feats

Ghoul Feats

Spells & Powers
Focus Points 0/0

Prepared Spells

Innate Spells

Spell 0 • Disrupt Undead

Inventory

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes

Magic

And now everyone was talking. Looking around at the creaking orc, the even greyer fetchling, the small walking quilt, it was clear that she didn't know any of them from a hole in the ground. Hole in the ground, funny that. So just how many of his comrades in arms did Ekul run from so he could be here, 'digging up' his formerly 'hung out to dry' for a touching reunion?

"I'm Sal... the wizard.", she hears herself say in a gothically deep voice, one of the few things she could honestly say had improved with death. She rather hoped she'd get to keep that voice when she was resurrected, it sounded knowing, which, given that she was a wizard was fitting. Then after looking at the fetchling, she adds.. "We're going to need at least one parasol."

Name
Occultism Palatine Order
1d20+8 8

image.png.6f5b87c4e7cf20991e4338a119d9a488.png

Ardis, Ardeal, Ustalev

f4188fe8f66370ced367e2c480d0f07e.pngAliester nods to the inciteful questions and observations. "I stand on a council...of sorts," he answers carefully, "My vote on a certain question is supposed to go one way. I am currently delaying matters as much as I can but I cannot do so for more than a few days."

"I too thought to work against my enemy by preying upon their members but," he pauses, "It would seem that they are suddenly absent. Not just on faction but several. It will take time for my allies to locate them, time I cannot spare now."

The Randragoe family name is known to Krott though only vaguely. Nobles who owned mines and dabbled in investing in business was unusual a hundred years ago. It was seen as beneath most of their class to do anything so crude when they could rely on the wealth they brought in from they rents they earned from the lower classes and from the property they owned. He has a vague memory of a report of a fire destroying their ancestral home and the remaining estate being inherited by a distant cousin. On which side of that inheritance Aliester sits, he does not recall.

"Nor am I entirely certain that I have the correct rivals on the council. There are numerous factions. Danior's safety comes first but if you find evidence of the vampire who organised this then I can use my influence to punish him or her. I believe it is Demise's Defilers though I am not entirely sure that they have not been set up by La Maison à Minuit."

Ekul speaks up when the subject of floor plans comes up, "Not exactly, no. There should be floor plans as a matter of public record along with letters granting permission to build but these are missing. We know that the tower has structural problems and has been condemned but only because of the large sign outside it. It may be a ruse to keep people away or it may be unsafe and these villains have moved in anyway."

"I can arrange transport there. If you do this good deed, save an innocent, it will be your first step to redemption."

OOC Scene Notes

There is currently no map
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Loreli Certes Gin Sling Sal

Krot Razvan Umbra

Cyntheria Mr Mud

NON-PLAYER CHARACTER STATUS

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

Show Active Map

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

Razvan Umbra Vampiric Fetchling Fighter (2) spacer.png

HP: 32/32 AC: 19 (leather) | Speed: 25' | Darkvision

Perception (E): +7  Initiative: +7 | Fort (E): +8 | Ref (E): +10| Will (T): +5 

| SkillsTrained:
Acrobatics (+8); Athletics (+6); Deception (+5); Intimidation (+5); Lore/warfare (+4); Stealth (+8); Thievery (+8)

Untrained:
Acrana (+0); Crafting (+0); Diplomacy (+1); Medicine (+1); Nature (+1); Occultism (+0); Performance (+1); Religion (+1); Society (+0); Survival (+1)
 | AttributesSTR +2
DEX +4
CON +2
INT +0
WIS +1
CHA +1
 | AttacksUnarmed:

Fist +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Dex +4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 B • Agile; Finesse; Nonlethal; Unarmed
Fangs +8/+3/-2 • Expert +6 • Str +2 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Brawling; Grapple; Unarmed

Melee:

Dagger +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Thown (10'); Versatile S
Light mace +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Damage 1d4+2 B • agile; finesse; shove
Short sword +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Versatile S

Ranged:

Composite shortbow +10/+5/+0 • Expert +6 • 1d6+1 (1d6+3 w/in 60' PBS feat) • Deadly d10, propulsive (+ STR/2 damage), 60' range.
 |

"I am not entirely sure that they have not been set up by La Maison à Minuit."

As Ekul and Aliester continue to address matters, including his own implied suggestion to attempt a hostage exchange, Razvan searches his memory - such as it is - for any recollection of this name or group that he translated (possibly imprecisely) into Common as "The House of Midnight" -- quite possibly though, meaning "The House of the Midnight Lord" -- Zon-Kuthon.

Razvan suppressed a shudder given his very recent, as it seemed, experience in the Boneyard: how close had he become to being a permanent object of sadistic pleasure in the House of the Midnight Lord?

See OOC panel for question/comment on the Recall Knowledge check:

OOC

Will attempt a Recall Knowledge check on this name based on his background having (to some degree) infiltrated the Whispering Way as an agent of the Lady Sanguina Lavabo. Razvan is untrained in Society, but perhaps this RK check could be based on Deception or other skill given his particular background? I'll just roll a bare d20 and ask GM to apply any modifier he deems appropriate (if any).

ACTIONS

Action 1: Recall Knowledge

Action 2:

Action 3:

Character Sheet

Razvan Umbra
Vampiric Fetchling • Martial Disciple • Fighter 2
Medium • CN • Speed 25 • Darkvision

Primary Role: ranged combat & stealth Secondary Roles: melee combat; intimidation & thievery.

Abilities
Strength 14 (+2) • Dexterity 18 (+4) • Constitution 14 (+2) • Intelligence 10 (+0) • Wisdom 12 (+1) • Charisma 12 (+1)

Boosts
• Ancestry: +DEX +STR
• Background: +DEX +CON
• Class: +DEX
• Free:+STR; +DEX; +CON; +CHA

• LVL 2: +WIS

Adventuring & Combat
HP 32/32
Perception +7 • Expert+6 • Wis +1 • Item 0 • Senses: Darkvision (Ancestry Feature) Link
Speed 25'
Class DC 18 • Trained +4 • Base 10 • DEX +4 • Item 0

Armor and Shields
AC 21/19  Trained +4 • Base 10 • Dex +4 • If shield raised
Leather armor (+1)

Saving Throws 
 Fortitude +8 • Expert +6 • Con +2 • Item 0
 Reflex +10 • Expert +6 • Dex +4 • Item 0
 Will +5 • Trained +4 • Wis +1 • Item 0

Disease and Poison Protection: You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.

Weapon Proficiencies
 Expert in simple weapons; unarmed attacks; martial weapons.

Trained in advanced weapons

• Trained in Unarmored Defense and all armors

Weapon +0 • Untrained 0 • Str 0 • Item 0 • Damage 1d0 • Notes

Unarmed:

• Fist +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Dex +4 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 B • Agile; Finesse; Nonlethal; Unarmed
  • Fangs +8/+3/-2 • Expert +6 • Str +2 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Brawling; Grapple; Unarmed

Melee:

• Dagger +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d4+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Thown (10'); Versatile S
  • Light mace +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Damage 1d4+2 B • agile; finesse; shove
  • Short sword +10/+6/+2 • Expert +6 • Item 0 • Damage 1d6+2 P • Agile; Finesse; Versatile S

Ranged:

• Composite shortbow +10/+5/+0 • Expert +6 • 1d6+1 (1d6+3 w/in 60' PBS feat) • Deadly d10, propulsive (+ STR/2 damage), 60' range.
  • 20 arrows (0.20; 2x L)

Background: Martial Disciple (Acrobatics)

• Trained in Acrobatics and Warfare Lore
  • Cat Fall skill feat (see below)

Skills
♦ Acrobatics +8 • Trained +4 • Dex +4 • Item 0 (Martial Disciple Background Skill)
Arcana +0 • Untrained 0 • Int +0 • Item 0
♦ Athletics +6 • Trained +4 • Str +2 • Item 0 • Armor -0 (Class Feat)
Crafting +0 • Untrained 0 • Int +0 • Item 0
♦ Deception +5 • Trained +4 • Cha +1 • Item 0 (Shrouded Mein Ancestry Feat)
Diplomacy +1 • Untrained 0 • Cha +1 • Item 0
♦ Intimidation +5 • Trained +4 • Cha +1 • Item 0 (Class Free Skill)
♦ Lore: Warfare +4  Trained +4 • Int +0 • Item 0 (Martial Disciple Background Skill)
Medicine +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
Nature +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
Occultism +0 • Unrained +0 • Int +0 • Item 0
Performance +1 • Untrained 0 • Cha +1 • Item 0
Religion +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
Society +0 • Untrained 0 • Int +0 • Item 0
♦ Stealth +8  Trained +4 • Dex +4 • Item 0 • Armor -0 (Class Free Skill)
Survival +1 • Untrained 0 • Wis +1 • Item 0
♦ Thievery +8 • Trained +4 • Dex +4 • Item 0 (Class Free Skill)

Languages: Common; Necril; Shadowtongue

Abilities
Ability • Type 0 • Notes

Fetchling (Liminal) Features: Fetchling

• Shadowtongue Link
  • Darkvision Link
  • Liminal Heritage Link You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to locate undetected creatures within 60 feet when using the Seek action. Your flat check to target concealed creatures is DC 3 instead of DC 5, and your flat check to target undetected creatures is DC 9 instead of DC 11.

Vampire Features: Vampire Dedication

• Fangs Unarmed Attack
  • Revulsion to garlic or holy symbol of a Good Deity
  • Weakness to Sunlight slowed 1 =>
  • Drink Blood Action image.png.b0e0fa74d22549d8fb8d0d7bdae53f67.png
  • Basic Undead Benefits (below)

Basic Undead Benefits : Link

• Necril: You know the Necril language.
  • Undead Vision: You gain low-light vision, or you gain darkvision if your ancestry already has low-light vision.
  • Negative Healing: You are damaged by positive damage and aren't healed by positive healing effects. You don't take negative damage and are healed by negative effects that heal undead.
  • Negative Survival: Unlike normal undead, you aren't destroyed when reduced to 0 Hit Points. Instead, powerful negative energy attempts to keep you from being destroyed even in dire straits. You are knocked out and begin dying when reduced to 0 Hit Points. Because you're undead, many methods of bringing someone back from dying, such as stabilize, don't benefit you. When you would die, you're destroyed rather than dead, just like other undead.
  • Immunity to Death Effects: You're immune to death effects. This keeps you from being automatically killed or from having your dying value automatically increase, but it doesn't make you immune to other parts of the spell or effect. For example, you can still take mental damage and become frightened by a phantasmal killer, you just don't instantly die from it.
  • Disease and Poison Protection: You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to saving throws (or any other defense) against disease and poison.image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png

Feats

Ancestry Feats

• Shrouded Mien Link  => Lengthy Diversion

Skill Feats

• Lengthy Diversion (<= Shrouded Mien Ancestry feat) Link
  • Cat Fall (background) Link
  • Intimidating Glare (2nd level skill feat) Link

Class Feats

• Attack of Opportunity (Class Feature) image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png Link
  • Shield Block (Class Feature) image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png Link
  • Point-Blank Shot (1st) image.png.b0e0fa74d22549d8fb8d0d7bdae53f67.png Link
  • Double Slice (2nd) image.png.a446c2a0c3a4006b86f579933d863d35.png Link (changed from Assisting Shot to provide a sans shield melee option)

Spells & Powers
Spell Attack Bonus +0 • Untrained +0 •
Spell DC  N/A
Focus Points  N/A
Spells/Day: 

image.png.379efc2aac589998b31e328018376cd2.png image.png.b0e0fa74d22549d8fb8d0d7bdae53f67.png image.png.a446c2a0c3a4006b86f579933d863d35.png image.png.35681396d13597992e50b9603b1fcfe7.png

Inventory 
Money: 1.37 (see purse below)
Bulk 0/0 • Enc 7 (5 + Str 2) • Max 12 (10 + Str 2)

Armor & Shield:

• Leather Armor (2.00; 1) +1/+4 (AC Bonus/ Dex Cap)

Weapons:

• Daggers x2 (0.40; L) agile; finesse; thrown 10'; versatile S (paid double for semi-matched pair; no game mechanical effect, just fluff)
  • Light mace (0.40; 1) agile; finesse; shove
  • Shortsword (0.90; L) agile; finesse; versatile S.
  • Composite shortbow (14.0; 1) Deadly d10, propulsive 1d6P 60' range
  • 20 arrows (0.20; 2x L) in quiver

Adventurer's Pack (0.70; 1 (bulk errata'd 2 => 1)):

Backpack (from Adventurer's Pack):

• Bedroll
  • Flint & Steel
  • Rope (50')
  • Torch (x5)
  • Chalk (x10)
  • Sacks x5 (empty; 0.01; L)
  • Folding shovel/short tool* (0.40; L) *might need to dig a resting place after all!
  • Crowbar (0.50; L) *also for potential use in securing a resting place in addition to accessing other creaky places.

Beltpouch #1

• Purse (1.37 gp: g/s/c = -/13/7)
  • mirror (1.00; -)
  • signal whistle (0.08; -)
  • tindertwigs (x10; 0.20; -)

Beltpouch #2

• writing kit (1.00; L)

Bandolier (0.10; -) carry up to x8 L items

• x2 Smokestick-Lesser (3.00; L)
  • Caltrops (0.30; L)

Total Carried: 12L = 1.2 bulk; + 4 bulk items = 5.2 bulk. Encumbrance: 7

Appearance

As a Vampiric (undead) Fetchling:

Height: 6'1" (186 cm)

Weight: 151# (68.5 kg)

Eyes: pupilless, a blue grey color that is brightest in the center and darkens gradually towards the edges, but now have a sort of seething incandescent quality as lighter, brighter spots continually rise to the surface and dim.

Fangs (brawling, grapple). Nails hard and sharp, but with no game mechanical feature.

Hair: color unchanged, but now has a sense of weak luminescence about it.

Complexion: pale marble-like white. Lips have a shade similar to eyes except after blood feeding, when a more purple luster is observed.

Shadow: as a vampire, none; nor does Razvan cast a reflection in a mirror.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)
Name
Recall Knowledge (modifier tbd?)
1d20 13

spacer.pngGin Sling Sal

Character Sheet

Gin Sling Sal

Abilities

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Speed 30'

Armor and Shields

Saving Throws 

Weapon Proficiencies

Skills

Abilities

Feats

General Feats

Wizard Feats

Ghoul Feats

Spells & Powers
Focus Points 0/0

Prepared Spells

Innate Spells

Spell 0 • Disrupt Undead

Inventory

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes

Magic

The vampire, name still unknown, passed the test, not rising to the parasol quip. It could also be that he was entirely taken with the challenge before them. Still, it would be pleasant if she could let her offbeat sense of humor off the leash without possibly riling feathers. Just then, she felt something, a tugging, as if someone had wound a cord around a rib and was pulling on it. Death Claw, her owl familiar, whom she affectionately referred to as DC, was in the vicinity, doubtless ghosting around in the dark outside, seeing what's what.

Name
Society for local knowledge
1d20+8 14
Occultism for wierd societies
1d20+8 5
Undead Lore because it all seems undead related
1d20+8 7

image.png.010786697dc9130637034f21c25d6d1c.pngCyntheria and Mr Mud

Character Sheet

Cyntheria and Mr Mud - Summoner 2

N, Small, Poppet, Wishborn Poppet, Humanoid
Perception +5; Darkvision
Languages None selected
Skills Acrobatics +7, Athletics +0, Deception +8, Diplomacy +8, Intimidation +8, Medicine +5, Occultism +4, Stealth +7
Str +0, Dex +3, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +1, Cha +4
Items Unarmored

AC 17; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +7
HP 32; Resistances fire -1
Dutiful Retaliation action_reaction.png

Speed 25 feet
Bon Mot action_single.png
Manifest Eidolon action_triple.png
Act Together action_range.png
Share Senses action_single.png
Occult Known Spells DC 18, attack +8; 1st Fear, Magic Missile, Soothe (2 slots); Cantrips Prestidigitation, Protect Companion, Shield, Guidance, Telekinetic Projectile
Focus Spells (1 points) Boost Eidolon action_single.pngRange 100 feet; Targets your eidolon Duration 1 round You focus deeply on the link between you and your eidolon and boost the power of your eidolon's attacks. Your eidolon gains a +2 status bonus to damage rolls with its unarmed attacks. If your eidolon's Strikes deal more than one weapon damage die, the status bonus increases to 2 per weapon damage die, to a maximum of +8 with four weapon damage dice.
Evolution Surge action_double.pngRange 100 feet; Targets your eidolon Duration 1 minute You flood your eidolon with power, creating a temporary evolution in your eidolon's capabilities. Choose one of the following effects:Your eidolon gains low-light vision and darkvision.; Your eidolon gains scent as an imprecise sense up to 30 feet. .; Your eidolon can breathe underwater and gains a swim Speed equal to its land Speed or 30 feet, whichever is less. Alternatively, if your eidolon is normally aquatic, it can breathe air and gains a land Speed equal to its swim Speed or 30 feet, whichever is less. Either way, it gains the amphibious trait. .; Your eidolon gains a +20-foot status bonus to its Speed. .; Heightened (3rd) Add the following options to the list of effects you can choose:Your eidolon becomes Large, instead of its previous size. This increases your eidolon's reach to 10 feet but doesn't change any other statistics for your eidolon. Because of the special link you share, you can ride your eidolon without getting in each other's way. If another creature tries to ride your eidolon, both you and the riding creature each regain only 2 actions at the start of your turns each round, as normal. .; Your eidolon gains a climb Speed equal to its land Speed. .; Heightened (5th) Add the options from the 3rd-level version and the following options to the list of effects you can choose:Your eidolon becomes Huge, instead of its previous size. This has the same effects as the 3rd-level option to become Large, except your eidolon's reach increases to 15 feet. ; Your eidolon gains a fly Speed equal to its Speed.
Reinforce Eidolon action_single.pngRange 100 feet; Targets your eidolon Duration 1 round You focus deeply on the link between you and your eidolon and reinforce your eidolon's defenses. Your eidolon gains a +1 status bonus to AC and saving throws, plus resistance to all damage equal to half the spell's level. Your eidolon can benefit from either boost eidolon or reinforce eidolon, but not both; if you cast one of these spells during the other's duration, the newer spell replaces the older one.
Additional Feats Energy Heart, Harmless Doll, Mummy Dedication, Reinforce Eidolon, Toughness, Wishborn Poppet
Additional Specials Constructed, Disease and Poison Protection, Eidolon (Devotion Phantom Eidolon), Energy Heart (sonic), Evolution Feat, Flammable, Immunity to Death Effects, Link Spells, Negative Healing, Negative Survival, Undead Hunger

Cyntheria - Stalwart Guardian2

Medium, Eidolon, Stalwart Guardian, Eidolon

Perception +4; Darkvision
Languages None selected
Skills Acrobatics +6, Athletics +4, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Intimidation +4, Medicine +4, Occultism +4, Stealth +6
Str +4, Dex +2, Con +3, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +0
Items Unarmored

AC 18; Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +6
HP 32
Dutiful Retaliation action_reaction_black.pngTrigger An enemy within 15 feet of you hits you with a Strike and deals damage to you. Requirements Your eidolon is within 15 feet of you. Your eidolon instinctively flashes with ectoplasmic energy, allowing them to strike back against an enemy who dares to harm you. Your eidolon makes a melee unarmed Strike against the triggering enemy, even if that enemy isn't within your eidolon's reach.

Speed 25 feet
Melee Primary Attack +8 (Shove), Damage 1d8+4 B
Melee Secondary Attack +8 (Agile, Finesse), Damage 1d6+4 Sonic

The young girl stood to the side of the... monsters in the room. She clutched a bandage wrapped doll to her chest. The observant will have seen the doll's material was desicated and involuntarily twitched at odd moments. The girl herself was clearly some kind of spirit or ghost. She was translucent and shimmered with some sort of ectoplasmmic energy and gave off an eerie nature.

"Redemption? Mr Mud wants redemption and I want to help him!" Cyntheria exlaimed with a high-pitched insistence.

Oswald suppressed a sigh. He had little idea what had happened here. He wanted to keep himself and the girl safe. Or as safe as was possible in these strange circumstances. Going with the flow seemed best for now. There were powerful types around them - Ekul who had brought them back especially.

spacer.pngGin Sling Sal

Character Sheet

Gin Sling Sal

Abilities

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Speed 30'

Armor and Shields

Saving Throws 

Weapon Proficiencies

Skills

Abilities

Feats

General Feats

Wizard Feats

Ghoul Feats

Spells & Powers
Focus Points 0/0

Prepared Spells

Innate Spells

Spell 0 • Disrupt Undead

Inventory

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes

Magic

Sal, half smile on her face, hiding the fact that hunger was gnawing at her, looks relieved that the creepy, even for this group, young lady had finally spoken. Pursing her lips once.. "Could be introductions are in order. I've helpfully got the ball rolling.", she says in her low, low to the point of being operatic, voice.

spacer.pngKrott | HP 30/30 | AC 19 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +4
Hero Points: 1/3 | Alchemy
| Conditions: None | Effects: N/A

The orc nods along with the information being shared. They have something to go on, at least, even if much of the truth remains in the shadows. Once remaining questions are answered and Sal prods the gathered folk for details, he grimaces.

"I am no one of consequence. All you need know of me is my world-class skill with alchemical concoctions, and, perhaps, a name. You may call me Krott. Ekul knew me by another name, but that is between him and myself. I doubt you'd know me by my true name anyway, but the fewer details you know, the safer we'll all be. I've amassed quite a few enemies over the years, and I like them thinking I'm still dead."

As he speaks, his hand comes to rest by the tattered formula book. Years of research, gone, with nothing but haze-addled memories and a beginner's primer to speak to his former alchemical talents. Surely he'll have time to regain the lost fragments of his memory, or build new ones.

OOC & Actions

N/A

DESCRIPTION She wears simple clothing that an innkeeper or server in such a place might but in a more layered fashion. Her padded armor actually gives her more mass beneath her clothing and makes her appear to have actual flesh on her bones despite that simply not being true. Functional and with numerous small concealed folds that serve as hidden pockets her priority is more about not standing out in the crowd. She does keep her body wrapped and within her armor to conceal her skeletal self hidden and then wears her clothing over those, always keeping her porcelain mask in place and hood pulled up in settlements.| APPLICATION | SHEETspacer.pngLoreli Certes
Female, Neutral Evil, Skeleton (Compact - Goblin), Kineticist 2

AC: 18 HP: 30/30 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+3/+4/+1/+2/+0 F/R/W: +10/+9/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +6
Trained: Acrobatics +7, Athletics +4, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Lore: Politics +5, Nature +6, Society +5, Stealth +7, Thievery +7
Untrained: Arcana +1, Crafting +1, Intimidation +0, Medicine +2, Occultism +1, Performance +0, Religion +2, Survival +2

Her hood shifted as she cocked her head to the side slightly and looked towards the orc. There was no way to see her face behind the porcelain mask she wore nor did her voice really have much, if any, intonation to it as she spoke. Instead it was more monotone, once again an almost hollow, dead thing.

"Are you certain you aren't actually dead? Despite having returned that is." She lowered her mask briefly, revealing her skeletal face, "If nothing else, I am certain that despite having been brought back I am in fact still, technically, dead. At least my body is, regardless of my spirit once again inhabiting what remains of it." The statements were simply an observation of the group that had been assembled here as well as herself. Prior associates, in one capacity or another, of Ekul's from lives lived and clearly lost, some more obvious than others by the looks of things. It seems as if being associated with the man in life had been less than healthy for any of them there, herself included.

She tried to clear her throat, without success of course, or need, but merely out of habit from years of being alive and having a throat to actually clear. There was no sound, something she'd found disconcerting as she was still adapting to this new "life" she had been given, so to speak. "For expedience call me Lore." It was shorter than the two syllables in her given name and she quite liked the connotations it had of course. Thinking herself much more learned than she actually was, especially when it came to books and their like of course.

"I'm a, well, I'm uncertain what exactly I am to be fair, but... something about the sky above me those many years... the sky just out of reach... bound me to it... somehow..." Her dull voice trailed off into silence as a long slender sword of shifting winds appeared in her hands briefly before shifting into a veritable blur of one weapon after another before vanishing as suddenly as it had come. "Regardless, wind and the air are mine to manipulate as I will. I find it a very... useful skill to have." The dry chuckle was quiet and barely audible and her form simply didn't move with the sound as it would a normal person.

OoC

Summary: ---

Reaction: ---
Action 1: ---
Action 2: ---
Action 3: ---

Impulse (Attack +8 / DC 18):
Elemental Blast (Air) (+8; 1d6; 60', electricity or slashing)
Weapon of X (Weapon Infusion: Melee Weapon) +8 • Damage 1d6 bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing • One of: agile, backswing, forceful, reach, or sweep
Bow of the Zephyr Winds (Weapon Infusion: Short Bow) +8 • Damage 1d6 piercing • 50' range increment, propulsive
Bow of the Mountain Gale (Weapon Infusion: Long Bow) +8 • Damage 1d6 piercing • 100' range increment, volley

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

spacer.pngGin Sling Sal

Character Sheet

Gin Sling Sal

Abilities

Adventuring & Combat
HP 15/15
Speed 30'

Armor and Shields

Saving Throws 

Weapon Proficiencies

Skills

Abilities

Feats

General Feats

Wizard Feats

Ghoul Feats

Spells & Powers
Focus Points 0/0

Prepared Spells

Innate Spells

Spell 0 • Disrupt Undead

Inventory

Mirror • Bulk 0 • Notes

Oil (5) • Bulk 0 • Notes

Arms and Armor
Dagger • Bulk 0 • Notes

Magic

"Nice to meet you.. Krott. Here's hoping together we'll be able to save enough of our collective asses to resurrect."

She turns her head, apparently looking at something that can't be seen, something that appears to be circling. "I can feel my familiar outside, a bird's eye view might give us more details. Perhaps we can walk while we talk? Things like this tend to be... time sensitive."