Sheet Requests, Status, and Issues

Colin

Little Sheets hiccup- I was having an issue with the new sheets app (my sheets got loaded into my bfs login) and I thought “revoking sheets access” would help fix the problem, however now I can’t get back into the app to access my sheets! I can see them on the OG page though if reinstating access isn’t possible. Thanks!

IMG_2046.jpeg

Sheet: Pathfinder 2e

Issue: On the caster page, the Spell Prep buttons are bugged out. When I toggle the preparation on a cantrip, then save the sheet, and reload the page, it synchronizes over the same prep status to the same indexed item in the normal spells list. It also goes in reverse. I inspected the source code, and as I expected, it's using the same identifier for both lists.

<input type="checkbox" name="spell_4_prepared" value="1">

This is the code for the prep button on the 4th item in the list for both the "spells" list and the "cantrips" list. One list needs to have a different "name" naming convention so that they don't share data. Not sure if any of the back-end code needs to be reorganized, or if the HTML elements were just accidentally copy-pasted in development without changing the "name"s of one of the two lists.

Here's the sheet I found the issue on: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880150

It's really easy to replicate the issue. Just create a new Pathfinder 2e sheet and check the "Show Caster Page?" checkbox on the first page, 3rd row, end of row. Toggle a "Prep" button in the Cantrips or Spells list, save the sheet, reload.

Completely unrelated, it would be very nice (and also likely a ton of work, so I don't expect this to get done) to be able to add additional caster pages. This would be helpful when using archetypes or dual-classes, or just when a character knows more spells than the sheet size allows. For instance, a first level wizard already has the Cantrips section filled up with zero spares.

Edited by Xiadais (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Xiadais said:

Sheet: Pathfinder 2e

Issue: On the caster page, the Spell Prep buttons are bugged out. When I toggle the preparation on a cantrip, then save the sheet, and reload the page, it synchronizes over the same prep status to the same indexed item in the normal spells list. It also goes in reverse. I inspected the source code, and as I expected, it's using the same identifier for both lists.

<input type="checkbox" name="spell_4_prepared" value="1">

This is the code for the prep button on the 4th item in the list for both the "spells" list and the "cantrips" list. One list needs to have a different "name" naming convention so that they don't share data. Not sure if any of the back-end code needs to be reorganized, or if the HTML elements were just accidentally copy-pasted in development without changing the "name"s of one of the two lists.

Here's the sheet I found the issue on: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880150

It's really easy to replicate the issue. Just create a new Pathfinder 2e sheet and check the "Show Caster Page?" checkbox on the first page, 3rd row, end of row. Toggle a "Prep" button in the Cantrips or Spells list, save the sheet, reload.

Completely unrelated, it would be very nice (and also likely a ton of work, so I don't expect this to get done) to be able to add additional caster pages. This would be helpful when using archetypes or dual-classes, or just when a character knows more spells than the sheet size allows. For instance, a first level wizard already has the Cantrips section filled up with zero spares.

Cantrip/spell field crossover should be fixed!

As for additional pages... hold that thought 😀 Once we get through some infrastructure work, this will be more than possible.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an odd request, but could you add a generic PbtA character sheet template? I mean, it would be great to have a bunch of different systems add that are PbtA, but I feel like the level of effort that would require is higher than what the community here would need.

And I am aware that the common argument against generic PbtA character sheets is that each flavor is unique, but there is a basic framework to each game.

1. They all have attributes that range from -3 to +3 (usually 5 or 6)

2. Health/wounds tracking

3. Experience tracking

4. Miscellaneous resource tracking

5. A list of moves and their descriptions

6. A record of relationships/Hx

Well, I have given my justification and hopefully you agree with it!

On 2/13/2024 at 3:23 PM, Corvidxqueen said:

Little Sheets hiccup- I was having an issue with the new sheets app (my sheets got loaded into my bfs login) and I thought “revoking sheets access” would help fix the problem, however now I can’t get back into the app to access my sheets! I can see them on the OG page though if reinstating access isn’t possible. Thanks!

IMG_2046.jpeg

I sometimes get that error but then I am actually logged in!

21 minutes ago, MeMyselfAye said:

Seeing this when I try to get into Sheets after a normal login. Cleared cache in Firefox, tried again. Hitting Ok doesn't seem to do anything, the message comes back.

image.png.9a71b1aaf6aac173f7f81bb3bc3bd719.png

This should be resolved now, but you may need to clear cache and cookies for the site once more.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

This should be resolved now, but you may need to clear cache and cookies for the site once more.

Hmm. Doesn't seem like it is. Either I re-triggered it or it's still stuck. I've checked in Firefox and Chrome on it, cleared cookies & cache, closed and reopened both. :/

44 minutes ago, MeMyselfAye said:

Hmm. Doesn't seem like it is. Either I re-triggered it or it's still stuck. I've checked in Firefox and Chrome on it, cleared cookies & cache, closed and reopened both. :/

Tracked down and resolved the issue on my end. Things should be returning to normal...

Hello,

New member Nyx Darkfall here. I tried to go into the sheets page to create a character sheet. as soon as I log in, I get an error message that says,

Error logging into sheets system. Confirm to clear local data and try again.

I click okay and the message just keeps popping up. I click cancel, the message disappears but the drop down menu for sheet creation is greyed out and will not work.

Any advice?

PS: I cleared Cookies and Cache four times to no avail.

Edited by NyxDarkfall (see edit history)

22 hours ago, RailwayKablm said:

new member here getting this issue. the error trying to access sheets one.

12 hours ago, Marred said:

I'm having the same issue as above.

Should be resolved, 🤞 once and for all. It may require a cache clear to clean out any lingering tokens.