Ch. 1 The long way home

wrathgon

"I'll do my best to integrate us, even the captain. After that, may have to go dark. If anyone has preferences for their new life, I can try to accommodate if able. Keep your BERTHAs with your person, but put them into stealth mode. Should preserve battery, and I can adjust them to have a very feint radio signal in case we get separated so I can track you all down if need be."

Farhvan.jpg.9e42a5d6cd2208109482a6f84ff41a25.jpgFarhvan's mind was still in a bit of a fog from the immense amount of pain he had been subjected to. Still his independent streak made resisting whatever was trying to change him paramount. He listened, a bit dazed, as the Captain laid out the situation and thothers discussed the 20 year ordeal that they were about to embark on. The idea of spending 20 years actually on a planet was daunting to the spaceborn medic but the fleet of planet-ships, while strange did hold some comfort form him. He could at least pretend to be back on Omega for awhile. Eventually his head cleared enough to actually contribute to the situation.

I don't know that I have any requests, but I'll do my best to keep in touch. No telling what kind of med tech they have so in any case it might be best if I stay close just in case anyone needs to be patched up properly. His face turned contemplative for a few moments before he continued. "Of course, 20 years is a long time to stretch my supply of medi-gel so hopefully I won't need it too often and fortunately my tech should last awhile so long as I don't use it constantly, especially my sidearm. In any case, you still owe me a brief trip back to my home gal, Captain, so sweetheart or not, I'm definitely coming back to collect." His nonchalant tone was a poor cover for the obvious anxiousness he felt at the sheer absurdity of the situation. Time travel, freaking more 'gods'. It was a wonder he hadn't gone insane working with this crew already.

He briefly noted Kar-Tesh's message and added a brief reply.

<<I don't have much of a solution for long term tracking. Honestly our best bet would be to keep an eye out for any organization that might be salvaging such things. >>

OOC/Mechanics

Captain says "Well without any other plans take us in, their ships are big and slow so not like they can catch us, the worst attack is their missiles, We got a gunner that can handle that right?" Glancing over to Deacon and Karar who bring up the weapons systems and look at each other with big smiles.

"Jake take us in slow towards that city ship with the shard, maybe we can sneak onboard and check it out..."

JakeRoberts.jpg.99e6f4f8016909a4c3dcdd085f937ebf.jpgJake listens to others speak and glances over to the Old Man and chuckles at the expression on his face. "OK folks, if we do not want to see how a lich can blow a blood vessel we might want to get back on the task at hand. We got twenty years to completely work out plans, though we should probably keep those plans for after we get out of Sim. So you guys ready to get this party started and see what's going on with this Shard?

When the Captain spoke he almost laughed when he realized that he had actually read the Old Man correctly.

He turns back to the others with a grin on his face  "You heard the man."

That said he takes the controls and begins moving in slowly getting a feel for this new ship.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Piloting
1d20+17 13

You cross into your solar system and approached good old Pluto, downgraded to a dwarf planet in 2004, looks like that one is still here.

As you got deeper into the system huge cargo ships fly by with steam venting into space, how the hell have these people spaceships on PL 4 tech you never believe it.

A City ship comes around from big boy Jupiter that was hidden from your scans it SEEMS to trying to head towards you then you get your first Hail. Voice-only radio signal " Land here!" in commanding ask no question tone says the msg in translated English from the computer.

"Why do I think there is a god on that ship..." The capt thinks out loud. " Ok let's follow their request, this time around let's only bring a few people out most of you stay on here. Enoch, OX, Ross prepares to meet the natives...."

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Farhvan.jpg.9e42a5d6cd2208109482a6f84ff41a25.jpg"You got it badah, hopefully this doesn't vent atmo like the last boarding party we partook in." From his tone he seemed a little shaken up by the whole situation, but he quickly made preparations. The familiar biotic field sprung up around him and when they were about to disembark, he booted up his shielding protocol. Hopefully they wouldn't have a means of frying it.

"Alright, should be good to go incase things go sideways, though let's try to keep the violence to a minimum this time, cha?."

OOC/Mechanics

Activating Team Support: 8 shield HP to everyone so long as they stay within 100ft of Farhvan.

So Jake flawlessly lands on the huge landing pad which then starts to sink into the massive ship. As you sink you pass the level where the mechanical devices are moving the floor which seems to be Ox pulling on a cog in a sealed compartment with a human dress in bright colors and bits of gold whipping the OX to pull.

When your ship has sunk past the lip the top closes over us and it takes about another 3 mins to get to the bottom. He sees a possession come up to meet you once air has been pumped into the vast room which takes about another 5 mins.

TInteresting facts about the Incas | Blog Machu Travel Peru

The above picture tells it all. A string of humans moving their leader you assume on a heavy stone throne. Capt says: let's try to keep our tech hidden these ppl look like the kind to burn you at the stake for lighting a fire with a lighter. " He grips his staff and leaves most of his tech on the ship.

When rest is ready we exit and the man on the throne suddenly looks at Theo "O you are still there hmmm.. Come we will talk." He slaps one of the men carrying twice and they start to circle around and go through the door they come through. YOu do not see any guns, or armor, only swords, and bows. The going is slow but you quietly walk behind them and it takes about 30 mins to get to where you want to go. The ship is made of pressed metal and you can see where the pieces of the wall come together and seemly fit perfectly. No 1 piece is more than 20 feet long.

So one you reach which is his Thorne room he does not touch the ground just steps off one Thorne onto another. He sits and then you are all overwhelmed but a godly aura

DC Will 22 or be Fascinated. Theo whispers "I think this is the time we bow" Theo bows and starts to speak and one of the humans glares at him so he stops.

Asks the mortal who is possessed by a god." You visitors to our system I want to know more about your ship where did you get from?" and your ployxbox translates.

"A faraway place and plane Can I" Capt speaks and his box translates(first time you seem him use one) " Do you not even have enough power to speak all languages HAH! These are your slaves?" he asks

Theo: "Are hired crew I pay them a wage to fly my ship and they follow me."

He looks confused " You do not just tell them to do what you want, even at your tiny status you are far above THEM. And you have no force of will You there! why do you follow such a being that has no power of WIll or personality?" Do you think he means Charisma? ( the Capt FYI has a 7 Cha if his interactions have not told you such heh) Pointing to the other two there are Enoch and Ross.

@evedgebah and @Drunva

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)
Name
Theo save
1d20 8

Farhvan.jpg.9e42a5d6cd2208109482a6f84ff41a25.jpgFarhvan kept his armor, but left the helmet behind. It was obviously metallic plating with toughened fibers between the plates, but it didn't have obvious electronics, at least from the outside and without deep tech scans. His omni-tool was also easy enough to hide once he turned the holographic displays off. It would make using it a bit more difficult but without the displays, its presence would be undetectable by a layman. For all purposes he'd look like an unarmed armored retainer.

He followed the procession, noting the lack of advancement of the locals. Seeing their lack of armor or even advanced weapons, he felt a bit better that he left his gun on the ship. It would have been horrendous overkill. The ships design was of note and the fact that it functioned at all was a miracle. Course no sooner had he thought that then the deific aura washed over them. While the force of it briefly addled him, he was able to keep his wits about him enough to bow as the Captain indicated.

Though he kept his face neutral, he was honestly shocked to find a being that seemed more arrogant than the captain and as much as the badah could be a jerk, he was still his Captain and his response to the . . . Avatar? or whatever the correct term for the "god"-possessed was, reflected that. "As the badah said, we have an agreement and he has honored his end so we honor ours. Also," he glanced at the captain, "He has shown strength enough to warrant respect." Given the primitive tech level, he figured that was a sentiment these folks might appreciate. It was also true, the Captain could be a right scary bastard.

OOC/Mechanics

Will Save

Using Action point beforehand since we know the target already Action dice

Name
Will Save
1d20+12 11
Action dice
keep(2d6,highest) 4,3

"He pays well, rewards those who work for him, and he helps me achieve my own goals. That is enough to earn my loyalty."

Enoch answer earnestly. He surveys the area, making mental notes and contemplating the culture. He is neutral, as usual, in expression. The most intriguing thing for him is to find out about any computers they might have and how they function. If the ships are steam powered...a Turing device maybe? Punch cards? Clockwork?! He's burning to know, but for now he's ensorcled by the being before him.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20 5