Cult of Cinders OOC

Abberdaggus

Yeah, Cirmaran did have the clear advantage here, but a 2 is a tall order under most circumstances. So I'm afraid a hero point is needed.

Also, sorry that the new spell appears somewhat underwhelming in this case, but I can't really interpret the dragon pillar as an unattended inanimate object. Of course, as you indicate yourself once it is felled, it obviously is.

So I'm still exploring feats.

What do folks think about this?

https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=2117

CONSULT THE SPIRITS: "You have learned rites or meditations that enable you to perceive minor, invisible spirits within a place. Choose Nature, Occultism, or Religion when you select this feat. Nature allows you to contact the spirits of nature that form leshies, who are born of pure life essence rather than spiritual energy and can answer questions about natural features like the location of nearby water or plant life..."

I'm trying to think about whether it would be both fun for RPing purposes and actually useful, or whether it would be way too situational and limited. Asking spirits for things like water and plant life just seems not-so-useful.

It also feels like it has a vague-but-likely-"very-high" DC to be successful, and success isn't going to give much much. Likely 1 word, but maybe 3. Or maybe harmful advice.

I think I'm talking myself out of this, but I'm curious to know what you all think. PF2e just has so many skill feats that sound really fun and useful until you dig into the rules and see the massive limitations.

I tried tiling the map to give a bit more space - its not pretty, but it works...sort of...

19 hours ago, Daryk said:

One Hero Point reroll:

UnarmedAttack(1d20+21 4 25)

No need for this. I 'cheated' and added a hero point roll to your last post. Yes - I can actually add rolls to your post! The GM is omnipotent!

Whew, thanks Abber! And I'm really not sure where I got the idea I had a 100' of rope on me, but I'll certainly be doing that now that I have a Bag of Holding! In the meantime, I hope Lycar's argument above is persuasive... :)