The plan for the NEW ship

wrathgon

2 hours ago, wrathgon said:

i really like Babylon 5 rules but it doesn't work well with star finders ship so am working on it now....

I don't know that system at all, but SF seems quite different from Traveller, you might not even need to consider it, unless there are some class features that are playing with parts of SF ships? To get the systems to play well together, you would have to covert the ship design resources between them. Where Traveller appears to be only costs and space, SF appears to have some additional resources. The speed system also doesn't appear to cleanly mesh either.

You may want Physical Science on the skill list.

Is that +10 a penalty for not getting assistance?

Is the Extra Space DC for the Craft Structural skill?

58 minutes ago, Sohala said:

I don't know that system at all, but SF seems quite different from Traveller, you might not even need to consider it, unless there are some class features that are playing with parts of SF ships? To get the systems to play well together, you would have to covert the ship design resources between them. Where Traveller appears to be only costs and space, SF appears to have some additional resources. The speed system also doesn't appear to cleanly mesh either.

So the rewards are traveler ships but since we are trying to design own may not need to worry about the ships will see how we do with the AI talk. If we cant get to design our own then i will change over the ships to SF fully.

You may want Physical Science on the skill list.

I knew there was a skill i missed

Is that +10 a penalty for not getting assistance?

you can get either +10 for aid and some of the skills as the ships get bigger

Is the Extra Space DC for the Craft Structural skill?

yep

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, wrathgon said:
nope you can get both to get +20 if need it

Clarification needed:

"If you want to try to do this without this option, you can still design starships but all DC are +10 higher for you."
What triggers this penalty, and how is it getting to your mentioned +20?

2 minutes ago, Sohala said:

Clarification needed:

"If you want to try to do this without this option, you can still design starships but all DC are +10 higher for you."
What triggers this penalty, and how is it getting to your mentioned +20?

not having starship design

its right on the design page:

Effect: You can design a Starship from scratch. Doing so takes a minimum of 30 days and a DC 25 Engineering check, Then you add 1 to DC and 1 month for every 10 starship hit points (D20 and traveler divided by 100, another system as DM) Next, the DC is modified by the size Huge +1, Gargantuan +3, and Colossal +5. The DM can modifier the DC if they think this way does not reflect the true difficulty of the task. Characters Trained in the Engineering skill may use the Aid Another action to assist your check; if any assisting character also has the Starship Designer option, divide the Starship's hp by the number of characters who have this Feat (including the primary designer) when determining the time required. You can only have maxium of 4 helping you at a time when designing the specs for the ship.

How the capt is envisions the ships, each ship takes on a system they will add to the bigger one, Sensors, weapons, piloting etc. So they are expected to have their ship have the best and top time system of that system, the rest will have be updated as you go.

So you would then connect and we would have a share bridge where the ship bridges all connect or maybe just the capt chain would.

The benefit of that is you will not be making your skill checks with Teir of the main ship but of the system from your ship which will be lower.

So i need some people to make some checks

I need checks to understand the application of electromagnetic fields and what they can be used for Such as knowledge tech DC 25 /35. if you actually DO know please post them. Capt has a metal that will retain an induced field with little or no power required. He does not understand the importance of that