The Hanger

darkhugh

A manufactured OD? thats...interesting, i thought she was impact survivor (while i suspect anya is a spartan and emiko a manufactured)

I did see the series, a long time ago so i dont remember every character, i recall one pilot, Rei, who the manufactured one, after a google search to refresh my memory i found that she had blue hairs and red eyes.

Am i missing something? are silver hairs/eyes a signature trait of manufactured?

btw, colored eye contacts are much less conspicuous than mirrorshades, while short haircut and a wig deal with the hair issue

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

The main thing that might tip people - who knows anything about it i guess - is that the Manufactured tend to have come later, and Serena is talking about something that happened pre/during the impact, and in the lore the whole manufactured thing doesn't really come up until well after, they were originally designed to be a replacement for the pilots because kids are complicated.

If she is Manufactured then either something happened to her - IE, an angel contact changed her in-situ and now she's like this - or all the memories she's talking about are false and are either entirely fake (easy if everything is classified) or just belong to someone else and have been implanted into an otherwise entirely new and manufactured body.

Manufactured are, by definition, built. My read is that the real serena died around the time of the impact and they(the usa or whatever organization she work for) cloned her, the clone consider itself the real serena, like a second life, with implanted memories.

if, instead, she got changed during an encounter with aliens then it's not truly a manufactured, fluff-wise, it's a survivor, the distinction is quite important, roleplay wise, so i'd like to know before i post my reply

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Okay, I will save the theories. I was just making a comment that it's ironic that people would probably find her looks similar to Manufactured. She is actually an Impact Survivor, changed by something on the day of Impact at the site of Impact. As to why she resorts to mirrorshades and covering her hair and not your suggestions, I suggest someone asks her IC.

I'd like to sincerely apologize to everyone for my absence the past few weeks. Suffice it to say that I had several personal issues compound on one another and prevent me from doing much of anything for a while, but I've since gotten things back on track.

If there's still a place for me in this game, I would be more than happy to join you all.

Welcome, I am happy for you to join but I will be somewhat strict on long unannounced absences. If stuff happens just drop us a quick message when possible :)

I believe there are still outstanding things on your application from my last post, have a look at that, and check you are happy your application is finished. When you are ready let me know and I will review. Once I give you the thumbs up we will add you into the game.

If you havent already have an idea for re-introducing Tsukiko i've been thinking that an easy path would be to retcon the very start, where all 4 pilots got to the cafè at the same time, there we quickly switched to 3 pilots and continued with that number, saying now that we have been 4 the whole time would be strange.

If, instead, three pilots got to the cafè while Tsukiko transport were delayed (say, the play arrived an hour later) then the rest of the story would play flawlessly, Cloudy wouldnt need to read everything to catch up and can simply appear at our door