The Hanger

darkhugh

I have no objections to this plan of attack. You will all have Markerlight buff to everyone thanks to Power 3 Firefly VTOLs (and if it helps us at all, we will also have a live "MAGI"/Taravangian Uplink thanks to Power 2 Firefly VTOLs).

Just remember to try and communicate in combat.

Will we try to engage it in melee or is there a reason to hold off?

Would there be a firing into melee penalty against an opponent of this size?

About melee Vs ranged I think it's the kind of thing you decide during the fight(until we upgrade the taravangian to provide more data, if that's possible ).

The turtle could have a dangerous melee attack, or a damaging aura, or maybe it's weak in melee but has powerful ranged attack, or some strange power, it will take us a few rounds to learn and try to counter it.

Unfortunately I just realized emiko barrier isn't going to matter, the turtle has higher ATS than her deflection

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Unfortunately I just realized emiko barrier isn't going to matter, the turtle has higher ATS than her deflection

This is not 100% true. Most enemies, like yourselves, have the breach rating of their attacks vary depending on a number of situations. This is one of the things you will figure out in combat, how viable (or when) barrier works best etc. However, I believe Emiko can achieve a barrier deflection of 10 - 12 depending on situations. However, I do agree, the bigger the gap between Emiko and the Enemies ATS the more likely the barrier fails.

As a note, for example, in the last fight the ATS/ATP of one of your enemies was halved due to critical damage.

1 hour ago, von_das said:

Would there be a firing into melee penalty against an opponent of this size?

I will check the core rules of DH, but I think penalties still apply. I do not believe there is any ruling saying 'if big ignore penalty', but I will go through and check at some point.

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

Not a dumb question.

It matters if your ten digit for SR changes. So, for example. If you have 54 SR, and due to Angelic fear you roll Syn disruption 7 you lose that number of points (you lose SR if odd number, gain SR if even). So 54 - 7 = 47, Pilot now has 4 max ATS instead of 5. Same example, if base SR is 54 and you rolled 8 on Synch disruption your SR is now 54+8 = 62, so you now have 6 ATS.

There is no limit on how often synch disruption occurs, however it is normally only triggered by losing Ego barrier or gaining insanity. Some special things can trigger it, but they are rare. This is a temporary change, your SR returns to normal after the fight.

Posted (edited)

We will be doing the following; only pistol weapons can be used in point blank, thus only pistols can get the +30 bonus. I will update the house rules now.

Edit: I have also updated the rules on movement a little, in the house rules thread, as movement was noted as being very slow in the last fight. The modification is minor and will benefit full move, charge and run actions, not the half move action.

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

The houserule work for agi 3 characters.... but has reduced effects for agi 4 (and agi 9, but nobody will get there 😅) characters(they dont get the benefit on full move, just on run/charge actions)

RAW: Agi 4 full move: 16 (4 squares)

Houserule: agi 4+1 full move: 20 (4 squares)

May i suggest to change it to "+1 movement distance square to full move,charge and run actions" that way the rule apply to every agi value in the same way

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)