The Hanger

darkhugh

You are right about distance, I haven't converted from meters to decanters.

It's not too late to scrap the plan. But would want a majority to agree, at the moment the majority is in the favour of doing the mission.

15 hours ago, von_das said:

Is there any reason not to have our fields spread at the start?

Amateratsu always has an AT field. Its not quite the same but i thought i'd mention it because its unique and i don't know if the pilots would notice or not. Its not a secret though.

In theory, even when she's powered down and taking a nap, it someone shot at her its not going to even scratch the paint, so its probably a known thing. In fact its probably SUPER annoying for anyone who has to work with that particular eva because it always has this low level AT field up.

So our cables have 2 square range, we're on a tight leash.

If it takes the majority I'll start it.

I vote to scrap the mission and ignore gazardiel, we have no realistic way to fight at the bottom of the sea so all it takes to the turtle is to swim there to be out of melee range, we also need to make swim checks and I doubt anyone has a good swim skill.

Attacking from outside water is also not realistic because if the turtle swim to the bottom it will be very hard to maintain 3 Eva's within neutralize distance(200m)

Lastly the surplus reward of a good battle is 10, spending just as much, or equivalent in trust, to get the equipment to fight it means little to no resource gain

Don't think the cables have two square range. Once again, away from pdfs and checking on phone is a pain. But I think you have 60dam on the city sheet (maybe more) which is 12 squares. A square is 5 dam, and that will remain, but as discussed before I will likely be giving you all extra movement to make combat more fluid etc. My previous post I forgot to convert deca to meter etc.

Tldr; you should be able to reach the bottom of the ocean, 175meters which is 17.5 decameter, I'm sure cables do cover that.

Currently 1 vote to scrap. Rest of you let me know your thoughts within 72 hours or things will continue.

Ah, ok 60 dam not 60 meters. I feel silly now, if we have enough cable to get to the bottom (and just walk, instead of making swim checks) then I'm fine with attacking gazardiel.

Basically, if I can ignore the penalties of fighting submerged(by using c equipment, walking at the bottom and using projectile weapons) then I'm ok with facing the turtle.

Sorry for creating confusion 😅

I still wanna fight this guy. Emiko doesn't leave monsters just hovering around nearby waiting to blow us all up.

Also i checked the book as well for something else and i saw that the cables are 60dam (to start with, surplus for longer ones). Honestly, with how complicated the book can be at times - and put is it needlessly complicated in some places - i think the worse addition was this Decameter thing. When i see 'dam' my brain has no idea what to do with that, i never use decameter for anything, it feels unnecessarily complicated for complications sake.

If someone said "the cable is 60 dam long" that means nothing to me, it doesn't even give me a good sense of scale or even like 'oh cool thats so big' because its a small number.

If someone said 'the cable is 600 meters long" that FEELS bigger, and also i can sort of get some sort of idea of its scale, it works better in my brain. I'm so tempted to just change everything in the book to meters.

Honestly i kinda hate it lol

Thanks for checking Neo. I know the pdf contradicts itself on initial length, I went with the shortest. I believe with the surplus that Prestar spent gave a total of 60dam.

I do fully agree the book is a bit of a mess haha, I think the core is good but some stuff are too complicated, as you say. The ATS/ATP stuff can be a bit confusing I think.

There is a note about the Nerv Mobile Support Structure which a 40 dam cable.

The ATS/ATP stuff is kinda a nightmare. That said, building a rulebook is VERY complicated so i can sympathise, but at least the ATS/ATP has a purpose (i think they would have benefited if they had not called them basically the same thing). The Dam as a distance is still my bet peeve though lol

I am still up for fighting gazardiel, Anya will want to appear as a loyal nerv soldier. We can split the trust cost if we ant extra suits.

Just catching up on the IC thread so should be able to post in there by tonight.

And yes, I intend, for a while, to play up the fact that Serena was not really trained or prepared for Operations Director (my understanding was she trained people for NERV), she simply happened to be the first person available with the necessary clearances and minimal skill set required for the job. (I also imagine there was also some maneuvering by the Nations and Agencies backing us to get her into the position.)

Where can I find the spare battery silver is taking about? 8 rounds is sufficient to try without cables, but it sound too good to not come with drawbacks or high cost...

I remember seeing it is in the Structural Upgrade for a Wing Loadout (page 100) but you have to spend XP on that.

There is also the Spare Battery (page 212) in the Support list for the OD. It just straight up grants +3 power, it has a cable though. It says its 'portable' but i don't know how portable that is. Something the Eva can carry on its back, or something that needs to be driven around.

Page 213, "A smaller version of the MSS com­plete with Umbilical, this portable battery gives an additional 3 rounds to any Evangelion which plugs into it." It notably doesn't say how long that umbilical is, so I take it to be a straight plug-in, although that's up to the GM.

Serena's math is that the time necessary for repairs would allow the tech geeks to engineer four of them as a straight plug-in module into the EVAs and fit the Type-C Equipment over it, boosting your initial 5 Rounds of Battery Power to 8 Rounds of Battery Power.