The Hanger

darkhugh

ah... no idea, i though a set means a group of related things, like a set of knives/tools, but if it can mean a single thing then Zelda plan go out of the window(at 10 surplus each we have no way to buy enough)

Posted (edited)

Gone off and done my due diligence, you have 1 prototype and 1 test type. A set refers to a single ("a set of armour"), as page 221 states your starting resources as 1 test and 1 prototype. Looked at the city sheet thread also, it is also 1 of each there.

This means you currently have 2 suits. Technically, as long as you don't fall in the water you dont need the suit ;) But this is a risk and discussion you as players/characters can have. But we will call the depth of the channel 175 meters, which according to table on page 165, imposes no threat to an Eva. You are obviously however, underwater, so fighting can be harder etc.

Getting platforms etc as Zelda put forward is fine, I will give you a set amount and perhaps allow you guys to arrange them a little bit as tetris. In general collateral would be non-existent, unless these ships/platforms get destroyed or your Eva lose a limb etc. You will also be able to have power supply ports etc on some boats.

You currently have a total of 15 surplus in the bank, and a Type-C suit costs 10.

Note: Make sure you read the type-C entry and understand the mechanical impacts etc.

prototypearmour.png.4d10417d3474c97c0c33dc480601f02c.png

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

Since we have time and nerv2 base has no threats, can we have them send us their c equipment? After all we have to do double job this month while they don't

I am happy to do that at a cost, for a purely mechanical reason I won't do it for free.

So you can be loaned a suit for 5 surplus and every 2 points of damage to that suit adds a collateral (max 5 points, which is 10 damage.).

Or you can use a total of 5 trust from any/some players and every 2 points of damage to that suit adds a collateral (max 5 points, which is 10 damage.).

Or an IOU talent etc is used.

I am open to other offers, but those are the three main ones I think work.

One time loan of a prototype/test suit for 5 supplies plus extra collateral vs buying a last model suit for 10? Seem a bad deal.

But beggars can't be choosers, this seems the best option we have.

Edit. Thinking on it 5 trust for each suit may be better, since it has a cap and this isn't a bad way to use it, I'll volunteer 5 from Zelda since she proposed the plan.

edit2. Since we have 4 weeks and half until Hariti, we can cheese it a bit(gm permitting😇) and do repairs for 15 days, 2 weeks and 1 day to snatch the "partial week" repair, this way Emiko and Anya mechas will recover some more wounds and be near full, after the fight we will be able to do the same thing, 2 weeks of repair and partial one.

Also, i'm a bit worried about Hariti, the combination of "intelligent" "has wings" and "sniper" "SR150" is brutal against our "need to be within 20 dams to neutralize" evas, what stop it from hovering out of our range and rain death on us, backpedaling if we move closer, until we snap the cable&run out of battery(basically it's the supreme skirmisher) i know its pointless to think about it now (gazardiel fight will change things) but finding a way to keep at least 3 evas within 20 dams of it will be vital

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I will be posting in the thread today, but this is the time to voice your concerns or plans for Hariti etc and make some form of plan imo as I will give out info from noc perspective which might help out. I am very much trying to have npcs help, not telling you what to do tbh.

The plan can change later, but now might be a good time to lay a foundation.

And you can fudge the 1 days thing for healing. I decided mechanicaly to allow a possible fudge instead of a crazy restrictive system, I might just tone down the numbers after etc.

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

After gazardiel we may have to deal with a dead pilot, spend xp, have extra surplus/research, plus whatever we get from the interview.

Also I don't know how to force hariti to engage in close combat and not simply snipe us from 200dams away. I'm unable to come up with a plan that doesn't involve calling other bases for reinforcements

You are right on xp etc, though I think it will be less than what you recently got. At a rough guess, away from PC.

Calling on other bases is possible. As a general rule I allow anything at a cost, bar Eva's being sent across to other bases (for both plot and mechanical reasons, combat posts already taken a while for me). Eva's being sent might happen on special occasions, but not something you guys can ask for in most situations.

It's stated in the game thread, but I have a feeling Emikoz will enter combat with critical damage. I'll expand in my RP post how that plays out. But basically existing critical damage does nothing until you take a point of critical in the fight, and then you just start at a higher value etc