The Hanger

darkhugh

oh, thats cool, it's so simple and logical i feel stupid for not considering it😅 we may set it for the in-game tomorrow(it's a free day, minus the tour of the base) not sure if it's better to rp it or simply write a summary but it's definitely something i'd like to happen

For the sake of speed and flow I would ask for a summary. Or do a side thread, you are both quick posters so happy for you two be in two threads if you are.

If you're good with a summary, then I say summarize it.

Serena will catch Zelda at a reasonable hour (sometime after the sun is up, breakfast is served, and Zelda is naturally awake), and pull her into Serena's room and close the door. Serena will sit Zelda down at the other office chair Serena has at Serena's desk (for exactly these kind of things), sit in Serena's chair, take off her mirrorshades and headscarf, look Zelda in the eyes, and say "Zelda, both Emiko and Mikhail are Manufactured Pilots. They were artificially created to Pilot Evangelions by various organizations. What are your feelings on this?" And from there, Serena will proceed with calm, although she will not let Zelda go murderize her two teammates, anything else is on the table, to include range time that day, or hand-to-hand with someone not Serena.

What say you for Zelda, @Rudra?

Lets see...(assuming it happens in the in-game tomorrow morning, some time after breakfast)

longish post

Zelda would be wary of Silver's call, but as seen multiple times shes not afraid to start an argument with the captain so she would follow silver into her room, the mirrorshades/headscarf removal would further put her on the defensive since Serena has done it only twice so far and both times it was for some serious talk.

Silver's revelation take her by surprise, she expected something bad, but not this bad, Zelda would be so shocked to remain speechless, which is pretty uncommon for her. She would believe Silver, the captain wouldnt do all of this just as a prank, though the question about her feelings would anger Zelda.

The core problem is another, they barely know each other, they are both spies, professional liars, Zelda state with no hesitation that she doesnt fully trust anyone here, that silver should do the same and that she isnt going to open her heart with the captain, today they work together... tomorrow Silver's organization could become an enemy of England.

Zelda would be visibly shaken, if there is one thing she truly excell is getting out of difficult situations but this time she is cornered, she has just lost half of her allies, she has pilot duties, spy duties, her personal objectives and now has to live with two ...things...who are also secret agents, it's too much for her.

With a non indifferent effort she does something unusual for someone as arrogant as her, she...ask Silver's help, well...asking may be an exaggeration, the teen present what she intend to do, noting that the captain's support/approval would be welcome...

Zelda has problems with the manufactured, she wont go into details, these problems have significantly altered her life, she has "cheated" at the psychological tests to keep it hidden from nerv, her dossier say nothing about it but piloting evas worsen her condition, within an year she wont be able to get into the cockpit, she has a finite number of battles in her tank, the only person at nerv who know this is Silver and Zelda expect her to maintain this secret, no matter what(unsurprisingly she'll try to avoid optional battles) .

She cant stand manufactured, but realize that she has to work and live with Emiko and Mikhail, so the deal will be this: for job related activities(as pilots or as spies) she will collaborate, she will train, fight and spy with them, in addition she will do her best to pretend everything is fine while others are present, like during the incoming press conference, however she has no intention to spend a second of her free time with them, if it isnt strictly job related they will not exist for her, she wont eat with them, she wont go out shopping with them(she will stay at the base,plenty of things to do), there wont be a beach day episode with them and they better stay out of her room.

She will encourage Silver to do some research about manufactured and to not be surprised to find the word sociopathic in the same sentence.

Lastly she inform Silver that she will skip some training lessons, 2 or 3 hours each week, she'll come up with some official explanation like fatigue, not feeling so well or whatever...unofficially, between Zelda and Silver, she need time to go meet people, talk with them, collect rumors etc.etc. There arent enough hours in a day to do everything so she has to cut somewhere.

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Silver nods, agrees, and says if Zelda ever needs anything else, please approach her this way and we can work it out. But Zelda is still the Team Leader, which means Zelda has to appear to, in public, lead the Manufactured. Silver is well aware of the problems with Manufactured, Silver has Silver's own (extensive) sources, ones that provide Silver not only an idea of what has gone on here, but what could have been. (Long story, and not one to share at the moment; as Zelda said, "trust issues", Silver is not sharing everything out of the gate, nor does she expect her Pilots to.) Zelda's points are reasonable, and Silver thanks her for her candor. Her secret is safe, the Pilots are Silver's team, and Silver doesn't screw over her team.

As for training, Silver will simply say that Zelda is on "Independent Study". That simple. That way there is no conflict with Zelda being up and about. Each training session, Zelda and Silver will agree what Zelda is "independently studying" so their story is coordinated, but other than that, and as long as she keeps up with her marksmanship and hand-to-hand through her own means, Silver only asks that if Zelda finds something interesting to their collective missions, Zelda shares it (in a form that keeps Zelda's sources safe) with Silver. Other than that, Zelda is allowed the training time each day (other than Evangelion Training, which is a mandatory group event) to range on her own. Do be warned, Greg Wheatley, Pilot Protection Lead, was eyeballing Silver oddly, so the Bodyguards may be harder to slip than they appear.

And Zelda, training is probably two-to-four hours each day, be it Evangelion or Personal.

Questions, comments, concerns?

Its clear and satisfying (the independent study thing is genius, coming up with medical excuse was a poor choice but i couldnt think anything better)

I'll add something i had in mind to ask and could use this opportunity.

Zelda agree to Silver request, she will update the captain should she find something related to project red kite, she would ask Silver if she has access to information, specifically people profiles, of those who came to the party, that the rest of the team lack(basically, do you know more about them than whats written on roll20?).

About her marksmanship and hand to hand...she encourage Silver to rewatch their battle, neither entity managed to land an hit on her, she landed an headshot, then hacked to pieces Son 2 then finished Son 1...however she need to thank Anya for the last one, without that flanking maneuver son 1 would have escaped.

About the bodyguards, she doesnt plan to leave the base or explore restricted areas in the near future, the security shouldnt cause her problems, however it would help her greatly if Silver can provide information, or even better a map, of the unrestricted areas with no or limited video surveillance; being able to move around without drawing attention, chatting with someone without being recorded, going somewhere without leaving a trail would be advantageous to everyone, not just for her. Ideally Zelda will use the shopping day (since she wont go out shopping with the team) to (officially) explore the base but(in realty) seek these blind spots.

Silver agrees, although points out she meant person-scale fighting skills, and then spends the time giving Zelda a rundown of everything Silver knows about the personalities in NERV-London, including several fun details about Commander Heather from his time in the SAS and SIS when Silver ran into him during Silver's military career. Silver also provides as much information on the layout of the base as Silver has to Zelda.

@darkhugh I figure you can tell Rudra better what information that nets Zelda than I can.

I don't need anything specific, just being able to say "Zelda know some places out of sight at the base where she can do her nefarious activities without being recorded" 😁

Well, that summary turned into a mini thread. Hopefully it is not lost within this thread haha.

I dont think there is any information I can give that isn't public, unless I have given Prestar private info in their thread and not recorded it. Dont think there is anything that pertains to the Red Kite.

I'm away from PC.

But I believe that you currently don't have enough class A suits (I think) for each character. Will need to check city sheet later and confirm, if not enough you will need spend surplus I think.

At page 232 it say (while talking about letter type equipment) "nerv is assumed to have access to 1 set of both prototype and test type versions, which may be fielded if nerv lack the fully developed versions" (i think its to prevent an impossible scenario where the party lack the surplus to play an encounter in a special territory)

The c type(the one for underwater operation) has both a prototype and a test variant, i'm suggesting to use the prototype set since those are more than enough(in that area the sea isnt deeper than 200m)

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)