The Hanger

darkhugh

We have 3 rounds of battery power, if i remember correctly.

Raising it to 6 and going without cables linked to the ships is not enough

The previous fight lasted 9 rounds, this is a single foe but looks like a bullet sponge so it's not unreasonable to expect it to last more than 6 rounds

But if this bonus battery can link with normal cables(ship generator --->normal cable---->extra battery---->eva) then it could work.

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

Oh, I thought you all defaulted to 5 Rounds of Battery Power, but I could be thinking of another AdEva game I played.

What say you, @darkhugh? Can we combine the Spare Battery, which NERV apparently has in copious supply by default according to the Operations Manual, with the Ship-Mounted Generator Cables?

I'll confirm everything when I'm back at the computer tomorrow.

But a standard dard Eva has 3 rounds of battery without support. When home I will check details in above comments and give a list of things you have for free, how many boats etc

I will try and tackle the questions.

1) The spare battery is portable by the VTOL only, not on the back of the Eva. It plugs into 1 Eva and gives 3 rounds of power, this does not recharge etc.

2) The length of a cable from a spare battery is the same length as other power cables. This is 55 dam per cable.

3) The number of spare batteries will be 1 per VTOL, so limited by your req support.

4) I have made the battlemap and move you all onto it. Each ship has umbilical cords of standard length, each ship has a total amount of power depending on its size. Big ships have a total of 6 rounds (or for two eva 3 rounds etc), small ships have 4 rounds of power. If you want to use the spare battery from VTOL you can put that somewhere else on a platform for free, or add to an existing ship to increase its total rounds of power.

5) Ship placement can be moved by pre-star and they can be moved in the fight as if they were a mob, so on a single half action you can move all ships. Small ships move 4 squares, big more 3. I have stat boxes below.

Show ship stats

Big Ship

Body - AP 3 - Wounds 6

Speed 3 squares

Small Ship

Body - AP 2 - Wounds 5

Speed 4 squares

@von_das You need to provide me with an image for the Eva for the battlemap.

Okay. Given that we have ships doing essentially the same thing, I see no reason to buy Bumblebee VTOLs when I can get a Taravangian Uplink and Markerlights for All Evas instead by Requisitioning Power 3 Firefly VTOLs. Silver's job is to support the Pilots in Entity Fights, keep them safe outside of those, train the team, and help with the intrigue.

Sorry, I think I have caused some confusion.

The ships only really provide 2 services, they act as platforms for the Eva and act as generators. They wouldn't give you the bonuses of other support units that you can buy, if you want those you need to spend Req. E.g. Ships will not give you the MAGI uplink etc.

Sorry for any confusion.

A question about "ships as platforms"

C equipment does nullify water penalties but it impose penalties when used on land

does standing on the ship count as land? because if it does then either we use c equipment (and fight in water) or we use the ships as platforms(and dont use c equipment) because a -20 penalty to WS, BS and Agi is almost half our attributes

also, would it possible to move my eva on the ship between emiko and anya? Emiko has the barrier power so it's best for us to stay near her

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

5 hours ago, darkhugh said:

@von_das You need to provide me with an image for the Eva for the battlemap.

I've been looking for one intermittently, but none of them look much like my description. Would a placeholder do?

1 minute ago, Neopopulas said:

whats the description?

"Svyatogor is considerably larger and bulkier than other Evangelions and Bogatyrs. It has a distinctly muscular appearance, even under its white-and-blue armour, but those muscular folds are distributed all over its form. This gives it a somewhat ungainly and bloated appearance. Its head resembles a medieval knight’s helmet, and its eyes are big and round."

I suppose I could just find something else suitable and adjust the description, though. But it being both muscular and bloated comes from the distinguishing features, so I'd rather not lose it. Any help would be appreciated.

I feel you von das, i've rolled dark purple+neon white on a one eyed Eva...it took me some time to find something i liked

Not sure if it will help, but dont limit the search to mecha, for example you could find a power armor that fit the aesthetics(and no one can tell the actual size) like or a robot, Svyatogor also make me think at Pacific Rim jaeger, those mechs have bigger upper bodies

Thank you both.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Not sure if it will help, but dont limit the search to mecha, for example you could find a power armor that fit the aesthetics(and no one can tell the actual size) like or a robot, Svyatogor also make me think at Pacific Rim jaeger, those mechs have bigger upper bodies

There's a thought...

After some more searching, I think I might go with this one, at least until I find better:

image.jpeg.cc1a631d94a052d60e7df8fbbaff7040.jpeg

It at least looks kinda Eva-y and conveys the intended dimensions pretty well, even if it isn't 100% what I had in mind. Pity we probably can't have that sword yet, though.