Chapter 2a: Back at the Wizard's Walk

Eric

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA

Ohthere watches all that transpires when the adventurers enter. Measuring the newly arrived he would wager they have seen more than the axe man's jest. He would wager were he not down to only enough coin for a meal and room. Drink would have to wait until he returned from his first delve.

"I am Ohthere. A scout by trade. I would offer sword and axe to your quest. I am well trained on the border, but untested. But I should prove capable enough." The scout says to the woman who "extended the gracious offer". Ohthere was aware he was a bit too straight forward for most people's tastes but he didn't really know how to be any other way.

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

image.png.275a20ebbce76510153dad737623596a.png

"A dilapidated castle has our attention, and one of our comrades guards our stake even now." Knowing she has a crowd, Astrid decides to play it up some. That's a tactically sound decision, right? "Gold and jewels are the order of the day, but only if you survive to spend them! Join with those of us who have survived thus far!"

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"We can offer you an equal share of treasure and glory," Stoyan adds to Astrid's comment. Better to share than fight rivals.

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"Of course," Stoyan nods, "We should cash in what we have acquired already."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Aurora smiles and sips at her glass of water and winces a little at the somewhat earthy taste. "Sign me up, anything is better than guarding another caravan." She says excitedly, and after another drink slams the glass down, spilling some of the water out. "Crap, sorry." She winces as she starts to blot up the water with a handkerchief.

spacer.png"Indeed," interjects Thorkell quickly, "...the offer is most generous." He turns towards Aurora to assure her: "Justice will be done. The killer will receive what he is due, one way or another."

He lifts up his cup and offers his name, mainly for the benefit of the veterans, as the others have likely heard him speak it already.

"Thorkell, son of Godwin, at your service."

f_hum_fighter.png.46ffd441cd9da9ff09443b3174ccc185.pngIt finally dawns on Vanya that Aurora willingly gave up her mug of ale. She had known such a thing was possible, of course. She just hadn't been around many people who would do such a thing.

She takes up the mug and nods her thanks to Aurora.

"Looks like I was wrong about not many people wanting to go after a wizard. You can count me in, too. Name's Vanya."

Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Aurora gives her apologies to her newfound companions and turns in for the night. Tomorrow will be a long day and she knows she'll need to be at her best in order to prove herself worthy of anything but the soft life of a city merchant.

Instead of sleeping the young warrior finds herself behind the stables, short sword in hand as she went through the motions that her first caravan captain had taught her. She went through each set again and again and again.